Describe your wand: it's length, wood and core

Describe your wand: it's length, wood and core.

>Pictured: 10¾", vine wood, dragon heartstring core.

Other urls found in this thread:

146.185.18.45/t/35/52/322/1-320x240.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's wood. Magic happens when I wave it around like a spazz.

940 mm
Krupp-Stahl
Lead and powder

it's magic, I ain't gotta splain shit.

A canister with various Arcane Saturated materials that act as a sort of magic capacitor that allows me to store portions of my power for use when the need for extra juice is needed.

Also acts as a foci for my magics as well.

3 1/2", poison oak, horse tail core
Barely channels, and makes the user miserable merely by holding it. The perfect wand for a potioneer

but OP, I can't show my wand! this is a blue board!

>Krupp-Stahl

Enjoy your stress fractures.

183 cm. Blackthorne, capped with steel on the bottom and a living elemental thunderbolt living in the tangled ball of golden thread at the top.

Strange runic carvings wend their way around the knobbled wood that pulse and glow in time to the frenetic dancing of said thunderbolt as it runs along the golden wires. Often mistaken for runes of power, their shifting nature is actually how rhe elemental communicates with its wielder.

They're mostly dirty jokes.

>About 95 mm
>Human skin
>Bone

Sometimes I dramatically snap my fingers before I point it at something and they it explode. Electrical discharge sometimes occurs.

Ten Point Slugger, 33 inches of wood and nails

I can swing it and make you disappear. The disappearing bit involves a big sack and the trunk of my car, but this baby is what makes the magic happen.

krupp stahl describes various types of steel (every steel krupp produced) from very hard to more soft and very Tough types
stress fractures weren't a problem with the StG 44

>7.6"
>juniper
>plumbago

I got a gay ass wand and then I got a gay swan as a patronus fuck you this is why women shouldn't write

Wands - too girly. A titanium staff with iron head more fitting.

13" Red Cedar. Ruin-dust core. Not sure which ruins, but apparently that city had some magic in it.

I've seen better compensator builds in official forums. Try again.

It's wood, and I do a mean redonda with it.

size:5ft diameter
material:iron
core:divine nuclear fire

Why would you want the jobber's weapon?

Because as much as I like auntie Maya, Juggs is just a fucking gem of a character.

It was such a fucking let down watching him get stomped so hard.

This is my wand

>unzips dick

Dogwood, with dragon heartstring. 12 and a quarter inches, very swishy.

Basically all my magic is super loud, super flamboyant, and super powerful.

>Basically all my magic is super loud, super flamboyant, and super powerful.

Like your butthole.

(you)

>Dogwood

Literally the plebbest choice. I mean seriously.

The great thing about angels is that they don't stay down, especially when sponsored by Metatron.

15 inches long, elder wood, Thestral tail-hair core, unyielding

Fucking fight me.

>"Dogwood is one of my own personal favourites, and I have found that matching a dogwood wand with its ideal owner is always entertaining. Dogwood wands are quirky and mischievous; they have playful natures and insist upon partners who can provide them with scope for excitement and fun."

>"It would be quite wrong, however, to deduce from this that dogwood wands are not capable of serious magic when called upon to do so; they have been known to perform outstanding spells under difficult conditions, and when paired with a suitably clever and ingenious witch or wizard, can produce dazzling enchantments. An interesting foible of many dogwood wands is that they refuse to perform non-verbal spells and they are often rather noisy."

Losing to 'Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones' Maya, conquerer of 20000 worlds, apprentice of the best swordfighter ever, wielding the Maybe Sword (not to mention she's so 1337 she usually doesn't even need to draw her sword to cut people to shreds) isn't exactly jobbing. I dont think there's anyone in the story who could beat Maya in close combat right now. Just because he could wreck White Chain doesnt mean he's top dog of the universe.

Besides, he'll be back. Angels don't die easily and Thorns seem to be having an easier time getting new bodies than regular ones.

>"I'm the class clown, so pay attention to me pls" the Material

There's nothing wrong with being outgoing. Try it sometime, you might get laid.

>11.11 inches, measured finely
>Iron basket-handle so I don't blast my hand off on a mishap
>Rowan wood point
>Brimstone crystal core

There's something wrong with living to impress.

>arguing with strangers about how much of a Mary Sue Harry Potter self-insert fanfic faggot you want to be
>getting laid
Who are you trying to kid here?

>Rowan works protection
>Brimstone works destruction

What are you trying to accomplish here?

There's a little hole at the tip so all the destruction can come out. Rowan's to protect things that aren't the target.

Every time I think of inches I think about dicks

Real wizards use staves.

So basically every offensive spell you cast has a containment forcefield around it?

Tell me about your father.

That could be useful. At least you wouldnt have to worry about friendly fire or colatteral damage.

Shut the fuck up man, Swans are cool.

In every direction but towards the target.

It's very useful. I can show off without having to worry about mishaps, perform very precise cutting or etching, and it's got better range and counterspell resistance.

So where do I go to find out what wand I would use in Potterverse? Or are we just making shit up?

Elder wood, unicorn hair core, 13 ¼" in, unyielding.
My patronus is a Newfoundland.

Length: Approximately the size of a childs forearm.

Wood: Yes.

Core: The heart of a hero.

You could make an account on the faggy Pottermore website and take a quiz, but no one said this thread is set in the Harry Potter universe. Go nuts.

/soc/

/out/

/trash/

These are all appropriate places for you to go.

Haha, suckers, I got a Canadian Goose for my summon familiar.

Please send help.

6 foot teak with a rat spine core, obsidian crystal head for stabbin and quetzal feathers for style. Skulls of my dad and my master for moral support

Patronus is a cheeky skeletpn snake

Length: 8 inches
Wood: Hard, hard wood
Core: 146.185.18.45/t/35/52/322/1-320x240.jpg

11 inch, yew, crow's feather, simple but elegant

Wand:
>8 inches
>Marble outside, with bands of iron around the ends
>Salt crystal core
Got it as an apprentice. It's an odd one, but I love it.

Staff:
>6'6" length
>Apple wood
>Top is tipped with a carved quartz crystal grown into the wood
>Bottom has three gold bands
>Core is in powder form, about 80% silver and 20% iron

>Salt crystal core

What does that do?

I like it a lot.

TWELVE GODDAMN INCHES OF BLACK WOOD NIGGA AWWW YEAH

20in
Unicorn Horn
Unicorn Hair

Salt, iron, and silver are all good for putting down various types of spirits, demons, and other bad shit. Also useful in cleaning and purification.

I'm that guy they call when a dumbass apprentice conjures up something he can't put down. Banish the creature and scrape the apprentice off the walls in one go.

>Salty Spritehammer: Magical Janitor.

>dogwood
>very swishy

Sounds like fun. Possibly disastrous fun, but fun nonetheless.

I just have an inanimate carbon rod.

A broken telescoping car antenna.
Fuck Entropy.

>Patronus is a regular horse

2 ft long, balsa wood with PVA core

You mean pvc?

8 inches of hemlock with a red leather wrapped handle

Cat hair core

60 meters.
Super alloy.
Godzilla bones.

6 feet
Sapient pearwood
Various octarine embellishments

12¼ inches, acacia and phoenix feather, supple.

At first I swore that someone must have woke up one morning and decided "today I shall create the most difficult and infuriating wand in history, which shall render its partner incapable of doing proper magic as a joke". Even now it sometimes does things entirely of its own accord.

24 cm long, 4 cm thick, ironwood, liquid core.

I play in a modern setting with magic in hiding.
My wizard is a walking finnish tereotype, his wand is 7 inch long and fits into the back of his knife, covering its back and furthering the point of the knife a little.
the core is Näkki hair suspended in mercury.
When it's inserted into the knife, it can be used as an enhanced ritual knife.

I wonder if Harry Potter wands are meant to scale with what's comfortable in the user's hand, or if you're mean to keep the same one forever and grow into it.

Presumably the wand made for a babby 11-year old hands doesn't fit in the hands of an adult?

My wand doubles as a skateboard because I'm the most rad kid in Hogwarts. I cast spells by doing sick tricks and the teachers don't even step to me.

A lot of characters use the same wand the whole time, and some people occasionally inherit theirs.

They don't make wands for different ages, or at least Olivander dosnt. What you get is what you get, unless you shell out the gold for a new one.

>14¼", pine wood, phoenix feather core, hard flexibility
It's funny how Ollivander states in the books how he never makes wands longer than 14", yet the Pottermore test almost invariably assigns 14"+ wands.

>Using wands

Can Potter fandom can finally disappear into oblivion, just like their beloved works did a fucking decade ago?
You are not gonna became 2nd Tolkien fandom, no matter how hard you are going to try. At this point. it's simply obnoxious how bunch of early 20-somethings can't get over their favourite childhood series is done and finished. In the meantime, three different franchises, aimed at the same age group, were created and completely forgotten the moment last film adaptation stopped playing in the cinemas.
Why Potter fandom can't do the same and just stop being like furries, always showing everyone how big fans they are, even if nobody asked.

>just like their beloved works did a fucking decade ago
Dude Rowling just finished the money, now she's pushing Potter stuff again. As utterly shit as the play was, it still got people interested again. There's even a new movie coming out.
Also what franchises are you talking about? I can't think of anything coming anywhere near close Potter level popularity save maybe ASOIAF, which isn't the same demo anyway.

What franchises were they?

>12", flesh, porous tissue core, rock hard before spellcasting, quite flexible after

Twilight, which absolutely disappeared the moment movies stopped?
Hunger Games, exactly the same fate?
And they were pushing really hard Percy Jackson, but that simply didn't work out.

The only difference between those above and Potter is the fact Potter run for a decade, while those didn't manage to stay in the spotlight for more than 5 years.

potter ain't going anywhere, it had Alan Rickman and Maggy Smith and that cute Watson girl

OK user, we'll all stop liking things you don't like

I'm honestly kinda intrigued by the movie series based on the idea it might do some actual world building and I'm an eternal sucker for fleshing out a world.

No, the difference is that Twilight and the Hunger Games (I never heard about the third one) were the merest flavor of the moment shit flicks that absolutely bombed critically, whereas Harry Potter has been considered an instant classic since Philosopher's Stone (the book, not even the movie). Mind you, it got worse afterwards, but HP1 still is the single most appreciated children's fiction in fucking decades.
You're not comparing similar success levels, not even close. Might as well mention Artemis Fowl and Eragon while you're at it, at least they're actually closer to HP's demo.

>I'm an eternal sucker for fleshing out a world.
So am I, but Rowling is ass at world building beyond the school level, and if the play is anything to go by, her support staff is literally worse than the average fanfiction.net writer, so my expectations are non-existent.

Out of those three, only Percy Jackson comes even close to Potter. Hunger Games is, at least in my opinion, on the same level as Maze Runner and that one other post-apocalyptic tween movie, the name of which I can't remember for the life of me.
Twilight though, is on a whole nother level.

about 24 inches
hard oak

Always liked the idea of a wand you can use as a sidearm if the enemy gets too close, crack them over the head to give yourself the time to cast a spell right in their face or block a swing

>t. Lucius Malfoy
Shouldn't you be in Azkaban?

>95 cm
>steel and wood
>solid propellant, high explosive and a thin cone shaped layer of copper

Same with me, but different finger.

>Not summoning your insane big bird on the enemy's flank, sitting back and watching the mayhem.

Blue tempered steel shaft with the handle braided in electrum wire
Core is liquid mercury
Nine inches solid

Look at all these wood-wielding scrubs. Metal gives far more power and stability.

wand THIS *unzips dick*

Wow a thread where my newfound spergy hobby is relevant

I made these this month
pretty satisfied with them

I'll post more info / detail shots if people are interested

Go ahead.

Those are cool, user. You could probably sell them for a few bucks each.,