Okay Veeky Forums I need you to evaluate my plan on degeating terrasque in a few turns. Now this method requires 1000gp...

Okay Veeky Forums I need you to evaluate my plan on degeating terrasque in a few turns. Now this method requires 1000gp, a bowl that can only fly up, and to be a wizard. Now this is how it goes

>The party is to be split in two, Party wizard and the rest of the party
>Party Wizard, assuming he is level 20, casts teleporting circle which is set to port whoever or whatever is standing on it to the bowl while the wizards create the circle the bowl is to be launched upwards into the sky and hopefully reach 100 miles.
>Meanwhile the rest party is to delay terrasque from getting to the wizard to early as the bowl is still ascending which will take a while say two days but one if one is to be optimistic
>Assuming all has gone to plan the party is to lead terrasque to the teleporting circle where hopefully the wizard passes all the chexks and terrasque is teleported to the bowl where he is to fall to his doom

Tl;dr Teleport terrasque to a marker up on the sky and watch it fall to it's demise

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water
what-if.xkcd.com/28/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are LOTS of problems with this, assuming you're playing some kind of D&D.

Fall damage is capped at 20d6, not even close to enough to kill, or even bloody the Tarrasque.

The Tarrasque has an innate Spell Resistance of 36, (which applies to effect spells like Teleport), meaning the wizard has to roll 16 or higher on a d20 (d20+caster level), or cast the whole thing again next round.

In 5E, the Tarrasque is immune to slashing, piercing, & bludgeoning damage from nonmagical weapons, so even if you could work out where exactly it was going to fall, you'd need to somehow enchant a 25ft by 25ft area of ground, for it to even take 20d6 from the fall.

Otherwise, it just leaps out of the crater, dusts itself off, then goes to ravage the nearby locales as normal.

Wouldn't it be better to wait until the bowl hit space and put the Tarrasque into orbit as a new satellite? It may be strong, but it can't fucking overpower gravitational pull from a stellar body.

This has the Planet Hulk problem. You do that and somehow the tarry reappears a year later, with a bunch of alien followers and very pissed off.

We build a space station on terrasque and call it new terra

That is not how orbits work.
Just because you are in space, doesn't mean you are in orbit.
All its gonna do is make a very angry orbital drop terrasque.

Wait how much fire damage would terrasque take during re-entry

Tarrasque isn't immune to fire damage, right? That might actually work.

Change of plan then, elevate terrasque to roughly 300 miles or 400 just to be sure and then just so terrasque will take the maximum amount of damage have platforms that dissipate seconds after terrasque's impact every 200 feet as each time terrasque is caught by one he(or she) will get 20d6 to every platform hit

Also have any of you played pacifist wizards yet?

Where will it land?
Are you on a rotating planet or a flat plane? Because the answer to the second question will greatly influence the answer to the first.

Rotating planet

That distance is more than enough for it to burn up in reentry.
Even if it dissipates or reflects 90% of the potential energy (which is a very generous estimate ), it would receive 137 kJ/kg.
If the Tarrasque was made out of water, it would be enough to raise his temperature by 33000 Kelvin.
I think your Tarrasque is well done.

sources
Newton's law of universal gravitation
Laws of thermodynamics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water

As I remember falling damage isn't actually considered bludgeoning or weapon damage at all, it should take full effect.

The terrasque isn't much of a jumper, just ditch him on the moon.

>Ditch tarrasque on the moon
>Get invaded by army of angry moonfolk with a tarrasque in tow

Yeah, nah.

Fine. Ditch him on the sun.

It's too busy fighting a trillion of lions

Our game-mechanics don't account for a realistic fall-damage, but no one would be crazy enough to have a setting with unrealistic energy-absorption, right?

Well that's a three-way then.

>implying that was realistic
Orbital dropping has a ton of funky physics going on, and transfer of heat into the falling item is a whole another set of them.

what-if.xkcd.com/28/

The happiest Tarrasque that ever was

But will it kill terrasque

I was just poking fun at the idea that our simulation of "fall damage" is limited to "maxes out at 20d6", while computing kJ/kg-energy absorption for reentry heat is fair game.

Feels like it would be fair enough to just ask for a house-ruling on fall damage for a critter that weighs 130 tons. (according to 3rd ed. )

Falling damage is sort of omni-potent in a sense that unless you have something that specifically functions against it it will do the damage.

>Tarasque run towards you
>fall into a it so large that it has no control over it's fall as it can't reach side
>at the bottom is a portal to outer space
>tarasque is now in a vacuum and will probably die there
>the portal now open sucks all the air of out the world and kills everybody

And with that you've killed the most powerful creature in the world by killing everybody else too. Think of all the experience you get from it

The problem with modelling re-entry on something so large and fleshy is that it is likely to act as it's own ablative shield. It wouldn't uniformly heat, but instead have the flesh at the side facing prograde slowly burn away.

I do believe a terrasque would be able to survive depending on the angle it entered. It's back would be ideal.

The rate of airflow wouldn't be too bad. 197 cubic meters of air per second per square meter of portal. Sounds like alot but honestly the average firecracker moves more air.

Of course if it were coming in faster than just falling normally, that window of survivability would quickly close. First person orbital bombardment is a hell of a drug.