Bad GMs/DMs I'm talking the ones who always have to win no matter what and will set up campaigns that have no chance...

Bad GMs/DMs I'm talking the ones who always have to win no matter what and will set up campaigns that have no chance for players to actually win.
An good example of this shit is a friend of mine that GMs pathfinder, he does homebrew claiming premade story modules are "too easy" and "not fun", it would be nice if the world he uses in every fucking campaign didn't revolve around a fucking adventurers guild and he always finds some way to force the players to join the guild which pretty much forces the party to do nothing but random ass jobs just to forfeit a large percentage of any treasure found or profit made during the quest to the guild in exchange for special permits the most recent campaign was in a territory where the law stated that it was illegal to kill anything that was not a game animal or if it was to butcher livestock, so even if say a dragon (which he saturates every campaign with )is laying waste to a city the party would be unable to slay it without a guild license and a permit to slay that particular species of dragon, no campaign he gms ever has a goal other than odd jobs, so the party can't win, it's just a way to keep the party playing until he's able to party wipe (no final boss ever, never plans an end due to unending amount of busy work,and ragequits if any player character hits lol 20)

What is punctuation? What are periods?

If there was a point in that wall of text I didn't see it.

Nice rant bro, I honestly would like to pay this GM just to see it for myself. I had good ones throughout my life it seems
now it would make sense for you to learn punctuation

Its a damn shame OP. You seem to have a DM who is not comfortable with the challenges your PCs could become. He needs to stop running the same old game indeed and try an actual plot.
Maybe you could suggest to him to try running something like a dungeon crawl that has an exit or mysterious treasure within it's depths.

Tried reading in one breath. I am now dead.

RIP me.

Seems like you want full on railroads of death where your GM wants a nice sandbox. And thus, you guys just waste your time doing odd-jobs because you suck at characters with motivations and have no direction yourselves.

What I was trying to say was
>GM never has a main quest in any of his campaigns
>puts the party in situations where they only do what are basically side quests until party gets wiped
>party gets little to no reward for completing quests other than do
>Overuses dragons (if we encounter less than ten dragons in his campaigns something's wrong)
>And if by chance any member of the party makes it to level 20 he ragequits
That rant was mostly me venting because his most recent campaign ended a few hours ago with a terrasque dropped on a party of level ten pc's

Be the change you want, offer to GM.

Get everyone to roll social characters and start doing non murder things like crafting and trading.

I had a gm for dnd that insisted on playing a chaos warrior worshipping [404 God not found] and commands a whole company of chaos warriors. He also has an elven bitch under his finger and swimming in gold and prestige yet it's only the first damm session

Wait, your GM demanded to play a character? Who was he demanding? Himself?

That doesn't help if you want to play an adventurer, I do both, and both are very different. If you wanted to give pointless advice at least make it decent pointless advise. Don't play at all!", or something like that.

First of all you know who you are and you are an awesome person but you are flawed much like I and I need to vent. Second He did this thing where he would 'Co-DM' and hijack the story while I or the new GM (another cool dude) would deal with the rolls and actual gameplay, also he did this thing where he would push for WH40k sized battles so that he could push for a WH40k system in battle not to mention doing stupid shit like converting 1.5 inches for 30 feet of movement rather than an inch for every 5 feet not to mention threw a bit of a hissy fit over the ac system. But the WH40k thing is the worst thing he does as the motherfucker blueballed me when I escaped prison and opened a magical prison and where I wanted a hulking monstrosity I got a chilled out kharn the betrayer that could have easily just up and left also a case of vodka that damages my health everytime I drink it

You're not going to "fix" your GM. You can talk to him about what you don't like in his games, and he may choose to change things. If he doesn't, your option is to get a new GM.

There is nothing else to do. And if everyone is too lazy to GM, then suck it up.

We rotate DM's with each new campaign, the person who's the next DM already stated that the next one will be in a Roman style setting with the party starting out as gladiators, and no paladins so as to deter asshat DM from playing or at least force him to play something new. The problem with asshat DM is that he does the same bullshit every campaign because the world he's built is the best ever in his eyes.

> Roman
> Bad DM thread
TRIGGERED

Did we ever get an explanation why he was nicknamed Roman?

>inb4 bowling jokes

Was in the original thread. No, we didn't, and I don't think anyone even asked the question. Also the entire thread was later deleted by mods, because it was originally about blacks and -4 INT.

I am pleased to see that best girl is finally taking hold as a common reaction source on tg.

You're a special kind of dumb user. I like you.

He's not wrong.

You can't discuss the issue with him because why?

If he is really unreasonable, then quit.

Try asking for a beginning, middle and end to the adventures.

Shouldn't the monsters be much weaker than the players if you are expected to keep the same character the whole way through? If you can remake a character every time one dies that is close in level to your previous character, what is the problem?

If you can't stand up for your self because you are too lonely, you are not going to get very far in D & D or real life for that matter.

Adventure guilds are not a sandbox, they are a hub.

Lrn2DM

most beholders look dangerous as fuck, this one looks like it wants to play fetch and hump your leg

Periods are when a girl shits blood for a week.

What the fuck did I just read

ESL posters are just the worst.