Yesterday was the worst dinner I have ever had. I make a rule of not socializing with coworkers...

Yesterday was the worst dinner I have ever had. I make a rule of not socializing with coworkers, and I should not have broken it. This may take 2 posts, it was THAT bad.
6 coworkers met at someone's house yesterday under the pretense of "Cryptocurrency trading". I grudgingly accepted the invitation and arrived at 2 pm (when I was told to come). I brought traditional nano ledger hardware wallet that had to be uploaded to an exchange first. The host made a bit of a stink about using the computer power when he had other programs running in there, but I told him I wanted it now.
The coin was still in transaction and the host was already trading Confido coin at this time. In the middle of a conversation with a member of the opposite sex, the host tells me, "Please, no talk about how it's a scam. PLEASE not today". I said if more people talked about ICO scams we would be in a better cryptospace , and he got very argumentative so I just dropped it.
I was trading IOtAcoin that I brought over and the host kept trying to get me to have some confido. He was obviously intoxicated and starting saying how maybe I would be relaxed and "cooler" if I had some alcohol (and trade my iota coin for confido coin). It was pathetic, like peer pressure from a high school TV show.
Anyway, at that point I became withdrawn and went for a walk. I came back right before trading, and that is when the fun started.
He brought out a "confido coin" presentation with shitty slides, bad text, Bad transitioning c, black pixelated images. I started telling others that proper ICOs should only contain a stable decentralized platform, a coin, a sellable idea and an actual team, and that a team would not be available then and therefore it was a scam.

We started trading and someone asked me about what I had said about real ICOs. The host looked annoyed so I told him. He turned red and told me if I didn't like it I could "get the fuck out and take my IOTA Coin with me".
I was shocked and speechless. He left the room and his girlfriend (they are unmarried but live together) apologized. Eventually, people started talking more comfortably and he came back and was brooding and drinking more.
The coin was okay, but not authentic. I asked him if he knew that confido was on sale at a local store and was clearly a scam-and he flew into a tirade, bringing up any small error or faux pas I have ever committed. People were trying to calm him down, and I simply responded to him in a quiet and calm voice, and said that I appreciated his invitation and his "take" on ICOs but it would have been nicer if the company had been more warm.
He got up and pulled me out of the chair, stretching my sweater at the neck. He was literally screaming in my face and had his fist up in a threatening manner.
I told him I would call the cops if he hit me. He then told me to get out and take my "fucking juice and shit bread" with him. A second coin was still in the exchange with 7 percent down, and I said I wasn't leaving until it was pumped and I could sell it.
He shouted at me to leave or he would call the cops ON ME (imagine) and then threw the mouse out of the computer on the ground. I was shaking with emotions and told the group that I enjoyed my time with them but I couldn't say the same about the host.
It was a horrible affair, but I decided to trade authentic Iota coins , because I was let down yesterday and had a hankering for it. It is simmering on the computer hard drive and I plan on bringing it to lunch tomorrow, one coin for me and some for the host. It will be a subtle form of revenge as well as a way to show him that I am a better trader and am the more mature, forgiving person.

what the fuck did I just read

>even bothering to read all that
What are you even doing with your life? You could have made like 10 trades in that time.

>being this autistic

...what?

Any other stories of hosts from hell? People who cannot act respectful towards others in their own home should not have dinner parties.

No, they never dropped me when I was a kid.

Wait so if the coin is a scam, why did you bother buying it? Let alone go to this guys house?
And while he was flipping ape shit, what were the other people doing? Are they spectators or something? Also, are you working in a company? Or at school because unless you are NOT working in a company it'd seem weird

> are you working in a company?

Where else does one work?

so buy iota?

>inb4 Chad host humiliates virgin OP even more tomorrow and he shoots up the office next week

Thank you OP for putting so much work into this.
Let this be a fair warning to all the traders out there: always bring quality bread to trading parties!

Fuck, i had to read it again. Thank you OP. Had a rough day and this made me laugh for the first time today. "We started trading... " Damn.

Change "Confido" to "Chainlink" and this story becomes even funnier. Could even be a copypasta

Holy fuck, your coworker is retarded.

Ive never heard of anyone losing EVERYTHING in crypto

>Ive never heard of anyone losing EVERYTHING in crypto
You will in a few months

Yesterday was the worst dinner I have ever had. I make a rule of not socializing with coworkers, and I should not have broken it. This may take 2 posts, it was THAT bad.
6 coworkers met at someone's house yesterday under the pretense of "Cryptocurrency trading". I grudgingly accepted the invitation and arrived at 2 pm (when I was told to come). I brought traditional nano ledger
hardware wallet that had to be uploaded to an exchange first. The host made a bit of a stink about using the computer power when he had other programs running in there, but I told him I wanted it now.
The coin was still in transaction and the host was already trading ChainLink coin at this time. In the middle of a conversation with a member of the opposite sex, the host tells me, "Please, no talk about how it's a
scam. PLEASE not today". I said if more people talked about ICO scams we would be in a better cryptospace , and he got very argumentative so I just dropped it.
I was trading IOtAcoin that I brought over and the host kept trying to get me to have some ChainLink. He was obviously intoxicated and starting saying how maybe I would be relaxed and "cooler" if I had some alcohol (and
trade my iota coin for ChainLink coin). It was pathetic, like peer pressure from a high school TV show.
Anyway, at that point I became withdrawn and went for a walk. I came back right before trading, and that is when the fun started.
He brought out a "ChainLink coin" presentation with shitty slides, bad text, Bad transitioning c, black pixelated images. I started telling others that proper ICOs should only contain a stable decentralized platform, a
coin, a sellable idea and an actual team, and that a team would not be available then and therefore it was a scam.

We started trading and someone asked me about what I had said about real ICOs. The host looked annoyed
so I told him. He turned red and told me if I didn't like it I could "get the fuck out and take my IOTA Coin with me".
I was shocked and speechless. He left the room and his girlfriend (they are unmarried but live together) apologized. Eventually, people started talking more comfortably and he came back and was brooding and drinking
more. The coin was okay, but not authentic. I asked him if he knew that ChainLink was on sale at a local store and was clearly a scam-and he flew into a tirade, bringing up any small error or faux pas I have ever
committed. People were trying to calm him down, and I simply responded to him in a quiet and calm voice, and said that I appreciated his invitation and his "take" on ICOs but it would have been nicer if the company had been more
warm. He got up and pulled me out of the chair, stretching my sweater at the neck. He was literally screaming in my face and had his fist up in a threatening manner.
I told him I would call the cops if he hit me. He then told me to get out and take my "fucking juice and shit bread" with him. A second coin was still in the exchange with 7 percent down, and I said I wasn't leaving
until it was pumped and I could sell it. He shouted at me to leave or he would call the cops ON ME (imagine) and then threw the mouse out of the computer on the ground. I was shaking with emotions and told the group
that I enjoyed my time with them but I couldn't say the same about the host. It was a horrible affair, but I decided to trade authentic Iota coins , because I was let down yesterday and had a hankering for it. It is
simmering on the computer hard drive and I plan on bringing it to lunch tomorrow, one coin for me and some for the host. It will be a subtle form of revenge as well as a way to show him that I am a better trader and am the more mature, forgiving person.

This guy wins

Kek

Thank you user