The boötes void, a lightless gap in space 330,000,000 light years wide

>the boötes void, a lightless gap in space 330,000,000 light years wide

Presumed cause of this phenomenon: OP's mom

what was the point of this post

are you a fucking randomfact website

sage

this is my favorite traditional game

That's metal as fuck.
When can we expect a hugefuck claw to burst out of there to grab a few stars as snacks?

What do you think is in it?

The entrance to the Cosmic Bear-cave.

Any claw living in a space 330 mly across probably eats entire galaxies as snacks.

God damn, that's the first time a "your mom" joke has made me laugh in like, forever.

I can't even say it was very good, but it was at least well timed.

GALACTUS HUNGERS!

C'tan are noming too many stars?

Nothing from the looks of it.

>Who's that pokemon?

From the Cthulhu Mythos, we could say that it's Azathoth. Or, in the extended (and extremely hit and miss) mythos there's also Ghroth the Harbinger.

It's not completely lightless, there's just relatively little light there. We've found around 60-70 galaxies in the void, I think.

He's reaching for us

>The Bootes void is filled with hot ass alien booty, but the galactic authority, recognizing the relative prudishness of most earthlings has interposed a massive barrier obstructing view to this area of the universe from the Earth.

Mystery solved.

Turn the picture sideways a little bit, make a plane in 3D space.

Extend the gap infinitely into the negative y axis.

Scream.

>most humans
>prudes

If we knew there was hot ass alien booty to be tapped there we would have conquered everything between us and them by now.

Here is where I would make a potshot against a famous celebrity if I were creative enough to think of it.

Kek.

Calm down, it's just a maintenance door.

Hahahaha.

It's a shitload of dyson structures obscuring the majority of the stars in there. You're looking at an intergalactic empire, or the remains of one.

But why this stupid name?

But it's cearly not lightless. The stars around it's edges are red-shifted. Doesn't that mean that whatever is there is accelerating away from us at a massive speed?

Could it be the center of the universe?

OP that's a molecular cloud Barnard 68, 500 ly from Earth and just 0.5 ly in diameter; it's a so called "dark nebula", a nebula so dense that it's blocking the light behind it and appears as an empty spot in the night's sky.

Pic related is the Boötes void; as you can see it's neither a gap nor an actual void, just a region of space with a low population of galaxies compared to others.

Stop spreading bullshit disinformation you faggot.

Oh look, they found OP's mum's vag.

>boötes

Because it's in Boötes?

"Boötes /boʊˈoʊtiːz/ is a constellation in the northern sky, located between 0° and +60° declination, and 13 and 16 hours of right ascension on the celestial sphere. The name comes from the Greek Βοώτης, Boōtēs, meaning herdsman or plowman (literally, ox-driver; from βοῦς bous “cow”). The "ö" in the name is a diaeresis, not an umlaut, meaning that each 'o' is to be pronounced separately."

Groth is supposed to be "just" the size of a large moon. He can awaken the Great Old Ones sleeping on the planets he passes near, though.

Could be Azatoth, if he doesn't exist outside the universe entirely (the sources are a bit vague on that, but all things considered it seems more likely). Or possibly (a projection of?) Shub-Niggurath, who is also associated with darkness.

>Could it be the center of the universe?
There's no such thing

Oh, there are such sights I want to show you.

All evidence clearly points to earth being at the center, normie.

Quick, someone photoshop this into goatse!

I don't know what this is. But I'm sure the Jews are involved somehow

>Earth
I am the center of the universe you faggot

I love this explanation. But, actually, Dyson spheres would need to vent heat (or temperature inside would continue to grow indefinitely), so we would be looking at something resembling a big star with fucked up light spectrum.
Unless they found a way to convert energy into matter, of course. Then their structures can be as dark as they want.
This is actually both awesome and horrifying.

Dunno, maybe a spot where we got touched improperly by another universe when we were younger.

>Ghroth
Not again, I don't have a team of troubled kids to fight it off with this time.

Bootes and Eridanus are giving me flashbacks too but at least I can handle those with 'just' marines.

or it could just be where some idiot smeared some grape jelly on the telescope.

vacuum metastability event.

I follow that person on Twitter as well OP

It would grow with the speed of light, so we wouldn't be able to see it.

Or they are Matrioshka Brains - each a set of Dyson sphere's utilizing radiant energy from the previous one until nearly nothing radiates to space.

Are you implying it has a phallic nature?

God's fist moving a bit slower than the speed of light, flying towards OP.

That's precisely why we don't see shit there.

a Polish elf

It could be a area where someone left a huge Dyson vacuum on

There are eight known galaxies in the Bootes Void, imagine what life would be like within that voids.

To put it in perspective so you understand how horrific the night sky would be, if the Milky Way was in the Void than we would not have known other galaxies existed until the 1960s. That is going to alter early civilization and cosmology in ways we can't even fathom (and before you say it, yes we didn't know galaxies existed in ancient times but the night sky was certainly full of light.)

Nicholas Cage's career

They would still see the other stars in their galaxy

But it would look perfectly normal

It still needs to vent all the energy, it would be just more entropic

>The inside of Donald Trump's head
>Prince's ego
>Kim Kardashian's vagina
>Theater seating for the latest Pure Flicks film

Wouldn't someones on said galaxies at least see the local stars?

Guys, what if we don't find signs of intelligent aliens within our lifetime? Makes me a tad depressed. I would even welcome a hostile xeno takeover if only for the chance of knowledge.

It's where this is

I love this picture so much

What the fuck

60 galaxies have been found in there, since it's discovery. It's not completely devoid.

That C'Tan the Tyranids give a huge berth.

How many commissars per guardsmen?