For those who followed the shadows over innistrad, can anyone tell me who/what was responsible for Avacyn's corruption...

For those who followed the shadows over innistrad, can anyone tell me who/what was responsible for Avacyn's corruption? I dont mean her getting angry at the mother of the runaway kid, I mean, what put those evil thoughts into her head, who or what was responsible for Avacyn's fall?

Also who else wants to see Nahiri die a horrible, horrible death at Sorin's hands?

What caused Archangel Avacyn's madness?

Ermas influence on the plane was powerful enough to alter the angels before she even arrived. That's why she went mad.

Once she arrived, shit like this went down.

The only angels immune to it were Sigarda and her host as well.

Or maybe just sigarda I forget

Just sigarda. Hexproof works great against those pesky tentacles.

The explanation was angels are beings of pure mana, so they are incredibly attuned to it. When nahiri started drawing all the mana to her cryptoliths it was tearing at everything that made up avacyn, driving her crazy. Like her mind was being pulled apart by that much mana flow out of balance

There is also the theory that avacyn never went mad, but straight up was purging all the humans that were becoming infected by emrakuls presence in the blind eternities. I subtly like that theory.

They almost confirmed it, but without so much nuance. She wasn't killing those who were becoming corrupted, she was trying to kill everyone so no one could get infected or so one story suggested

Unless someone manages to undo the work of the only Lithomancer in existence, not happening.

Not gonna lie, My favorite parts of the entire block were how Nahiri kept knocking Sorin down a peg. Then when Sorin meets her, he beats the shit out of her. Then in the middle of his rage, Nahiri tricks him and traps him inside a lith and Planeswalks away.

Everything is so delightfully fucked up. Sorin loses in nearly every conceivable way.

No way, that's rad, if you find a link you should shoot it my way. Otherwise I would love if she actually went down the whole "you can't infect what I've already killed, faggot," route.

Why is nahiri the only Lithomancer?

Also is there a possibility that she can become a eldrazi? Just straight up eldrazied out nahiri planeswalker. Would that be cool? It might.

Not him but ugin is a lithomancer, as well the ones on Zendikar are unfucking the plane.
That said sorin can stay there. Also innistrad is ruined. The vampires will kill off all humans now that avacyn is gone, along with Her two strongest angels. Sigarda a shit to the others

Olivia and the last of her vampires Vs. Sigarda and the last of the humans. Full on blood bath on zendikar. Also arlinn cord and all the werewolves are probably dead somwhere.

Arlinn isn't a bad person or so it seems. I could see her offering some protection to humans.

Sigarda not a shit. She and the other two original Angels are all equal. Only Avacyn was better, because she was artificial and the others weren't.

Also, I don't see the vampires taking over now. Everyone is too weakened for that to become a problem for some time. Hell, Leliana might take over as guardian of the plane.

Thatd probably make the most sense. She would have millions of dead to work with now too.

NAHIRI DID NOTHING WRONG

TRAP THE VAMPIRES IN STONE PLANE WAR NOW

Yeah, fun revenge fantasy.
Thats retarded, and also lets take a break from eldrazi for some time, maybe in a summer set a couple, not more

When Nahiri started fucking with Innistrad's leylines of mana they started tweaking the mana fueling Avacyn, making her go crazy (being a being of pure mana) and think that humans were now corrupted and not worth protecting.

The reason why Sigarda could resist it is because of her hexproof. And when Emrakul did show up on the plane (which is what Nahiri wanted in the first place) even she was struggling to not lose her damn mind even looking at him.

Hell, the only reason Thalia and her heretic soldiers didn't go insane was they let themselves get possessed by spirits and the spirits took the brunt of the mind fuckery while they struggled to kill all of Emrakul's abominations and corrupted beings.

As for what's left on the plane, it's Sigarda and what is left of her host and the rest of the angels (not many, that's for sure) + Thalia, Odric and the "heretic" soldiers (running around with useless Avacyn wards and de-powered runes/magic) vs. Olivia and her bloodline of vampires (more than the angels).

The werewolves may join in with the whole, "defend humans" with the angels, but that might be because there's a fucking spaghetti monster sleeping in their moon now, who knows how that's gonna fuck with their transformation. God knows what the spirits are going to do, and there's still demons on the plane as well.

Not to mention there's a billion undead things for Ludveic or his sister or any other random necromancer to reanimate and just wreck whatever is left of civilization.

Innistrad, for all intents and purposes, is in about the same state as Dominaria after The Mending: a fucking shithole that is very quickly on the path of dying as a plane. And the moment it reaches that tipping point, Emrakul's coming out of the moon to finish its work.

Thatwill probably be for the best for Innistrad since she just seems to remake/renew things as her purpose.

Angels and demons on Innistrad are "essential" in a way. They cannot be permanently destroyed by anyone. Demons go back to hell and eventually return, the same likely happens to natural Angels. Just a shit load of the white mana got used to make Avacyn or was otherwise trapped in the Helvault. Now that Avacyn is dead we can assume natural Angels like the original three flights will start reappearing.

Every time I think about Shadows block I get so damn mad.

>Story completely forgets about every single innistrad native once the gatewatch arrive
>no fucking resolution between the surviving humans, Olivia and her insane vampires, Arlinn Kord's game plan, the result of Ludevic and Geralf's collaboration or whatever the fuck the remaining eldrazi spawn are doing now
>Blame's the rushed botch job of Innistrad's story on the fans "but you wanted us to tell the story faster right? :y" - Mark

Seriously, fuck this game's story and the Jacetice League, I'm done.

How is the Jacetice League different from Star Trek: The Urza crew doe?

Nahiri is THE Lithomancer. She basically invented the thing. Sorin knew the basic, and could actually apply them (the Helvault). Ugin knew the theory but we never saw him use it.

Amusingly enough, Ob learned it.

It seems to be a primary white branch of magic concerning itself with artifacts and exile.

Amusingly enough, its allied colors are inverted with respects to traditional white

How did the whole Innistrad thing end anyway?
Emrakul corrupted everything, no escape, Eldrazi ruling the plane?

The Superfriends locked her in the moon, after she mind controlled one of them into making them not kill her. They then graffitied a giant version of their gang sign all over the Heron.

Because the kiketastic two block system designed to facilitate faster rotation of cards out of standard fucks with the story. All of the stories are now:

Page 1: This is the setting and the Jacetice League is here.
Page 2: The big bad reveals his master plan, and is immediately thwarted by the Jacetice League.

I feel like they should treat it more as four block sets, rather than two two block sets. With a big turning point/reveal in the middle. Like Lorwyn/Shadowmoor.

they aren't, though the framing device of "normal-ish people in a planeswalking ship" works a bit better than "everyone can planeswalk and also hangs out from time to time to do cool superhero stuff"

The real offender, beyond trying to force a gang of recognizable faces for movie bait (again), is the switch to two-set blocks. Two-set blocks are shit.

I just wanted the whole conflict not to be retarded.
Too bad I got an edgy retard getting attacked by Queen Retarda, retardation Incarnate and sovereign of stupid shit.
Was it revealed she was kinda under Emrakuls control pre-hellvault or is there nothing to save that story?

That would require more effort on their part, and their target demographic doesn't give a shit about the story and is more concerned about whether or not their next pack will contain Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket.

That doesn't mean shit though. It's literally the same as having two two block sets, except the story follows an arc over both.

Well, she was trapped in Helvault for many years with Demons in complete Darkness.
That's enough to make someone crazy. That her will was broken and that she even begged for Sorin to free her is cannon, he probably couldn't hear it and she stayed there until Liliana freed her.
Her actions are unjustifyable, but sure they are understandable.

This. The entire block story, hell, the entire PLANE story went from a bunch off players gearing up for war and plotlines being set up to "Jace versus the Queen Squid Monster." So they trapped her in the moon, so what? Things are still fucked nine ways to sunday and whoever's left is Mirroden-levels of screwed.

Worst fucking part is, if we ever do go back to Innistrad (and that'll be a long time coming), it'll be more retarded Eldrazi flip-card fuckfest because the writing staff has so many loose ends to tie up. They basically forced themselves to make BFZ pt. 2 or ignore the plane entirely.

>Although colorless eldrazi that flip back to humans would be kind of cool.

I just want to finally see the Mega-Demon vs Eldrazi kaiju battle over who gets to rape the plane.

Yeah, it's so fun when the chalky cunt ruins my favorite plane because she's butt-blasted at one person and thinks genocide is acceptable to get back at that one person.

Fuck that cunt.

Erm so they are actually able to kill her? Interesting.
Oh boy, why did they even make a sign? WHY SUPERFRIENDS, WHY?!

Or better yet, a giant legendary Archdemon and Archangel, that fuse into a giant W/B hybrid Angel Demon.

No, they're not able to actually kill her.

They didn't even bind her, she sunk into the moon of her own accord.

>Her actions are unjustifyable, but sure they are understandable.
My main concern is the actions leading to her being imprisoned in the hellvault.
Even if duels like that are common to demand respect, asking a relevant question or two beforehand seems like the thing to do

You just confirmed my suspicions.
And she also corrupted one of them, right, while others do not know a damn about it?

I have no idea. "Maybe".

With katana.

You also have demons to account for, they can't be killed on innistrad so humans are super outnumbered
Except the demons can't be killed or removed. Even with weak vampires you have them as a problem. Also sigarda a shit, Gisela in the stories was her biggest fear for a fight because she was a more skilled fighter.
Even when you had all three angels sans avacyn the humans were dying out. Now you have 1 og angel, no sorin, no avacyn, no church of avacyn, just as many demons (including griselbrand) and the vampires (albeit weakened). Humans are fucked, nahiri killed that plane. Liliana is too busy being in the Jacetice league to unfuck all of innistrad

Emrakul mind controlled Tamiyo into using one of her scrolls (that contain spells like the one that collapsed Serra's artificial plane) in order to seal her in the moon.
As far as we know, the mind control/influence ended once the sealing was done.