Anyone notice that White in the last two blocks has been less about Good and more about Purity? Inquisitors...

Anyone notice that White in the last two blocks has been less about Good and more about Purity? Inquisitors, Genocidal Crazypants Nahiri and Eldrazangels are one thing, but shit like this is just grim for monowhite.

>Not sure how gassing gremlins to make a better Fair gains you life

White has always been the Nazi color. Only plebs assume white = good.

>Not sure how gassing gremlins to make a better Fair gains you life
Gremlin barbecue

>White
>Good

But that's wrong, you fuckstick. Self-sacrifice, community, and conformity are all aspects of White. At best white is the color of heroism, at worst it's the color of authoritarianism. White villains like Konda, Elesh Norn, and crazy-Nahiri are fun every once in a while because they reinforce the fact that colors of mana don't neatly align with our definitions of morality. Even with Konda there's a nice comparison in-block with 8.5 Tails, whose only "crime" was trusting Konda not to do something incredibly and OBVIOUSLY stupid with the knowledge he was given.

But when it's too blatant and overused, it loses its punch. We get it, Wizards, White can be bad. The fetishy corrupted angels and jackbooted not-Indian public servants did the job, please stop beating that poor horse while it's still recognizable as a horse.

Remember when dual mana was a fun and interesting design space that apparently can't be used anymore? Might as well bring it back if they want to print cards like this.

>But that's wrong, you fuckstick. Self-sacrifice, community, and conformity are all aspects of White
And unity and harmony is green, and progress and bettering oneself and the world is blue, and passion and creativity is red, and der wille zur macht is black.
White doesn't hold good in its thrall, no color does. Colors are ambiguous and free of morality.

My favorite dual-color design gimmick has always been 'if 'x' was spent to cast 'cardname' it does 'y'.

Makes for good cards and good limited.

Agreed 100%. It's only clever to say "Oh, white can be evil too! Fascists and authoritarians are white! Order and conformism!" once or twice before it gets tiring.

To boot, they completely missed the mark white Dwarves in Kaladesh. They don't seem white at all. Aside from the whole dwarves living in mountains thing, which can be suspended for the sake of fun, there's nothing in the Kaladesh dwarves that make them seem white at all.

White is much better done alongside sacrificing, community-oriented characters and peoples. I don'w want anymore "Oh no the white character is the evil one! That's because white can be evil, really just trust us! White is bad!" It's ridiculous. Give black some actual bad guys like black is supposed to have - and spruce the evil up with a rogue color every once in a while (blue, red, green, white all have evil in extremes) but enough with the boring white baddies.

White being a villainous color is an idea that's almost as old as the game itself. One of the first expansions, The Dark, presented white as a psychopathic inquisition.

One of the guiding principles of Magic is that there's no such thing as a "Good" color. All colors are capable of ultimate evil.

(There is such a thing as an evil color though, I don't think I've ever seen a black creature that wasn't a villain. No, Sorin doesn't cut it.)

Maralen

>(There is such a thing as an evil color though, I don't think I've ever seen a black creature that wasn't a villain. No, Sorin doesn't cut it.)

>land tax
>Crusade/Jihad
>Armageddon/wrath of god
>Balance
White was never about being good. How does it feel to be wrong since Alpha?

Third party just pointing out that you failed first day logic. They said "white is the color of X" and you said "nuh uh, white is the color of X and Y." If you have X and Y then you logically also have both "white is the color of X" and "white is the color of Y." You might remember one of those as the other person's conclusion that you said was incorrect. Ergo, you were fuckstick all along.

Guys, guys, we're forgetting that blue is always a bunch of faggots.

Tell that to my face, not online

They're a police force user

Couldn't agree more.

I would love to see a set full of that and monohybrid.

If you read into every instance of white being less than good as some attempt to subvert expectations, then of course you're going to get sick of it. All colors are equally capable of evil or good, so long as you don't look at black's selfishness and such as inherently evil. If any color is hardest to justify as evil, it's probably green, but even that can be done.

Drana the vampire from BFZ was as good as a vampire could be, which means contributing a sizeable foce of never tiring blood sucking vampires to Gideons coalition, an even ordered them to only take their sustenance from the "They have 30 seconds to live" dying.

Then there was that aetherborn that was throwing a party a few URs ago, as well as Erebos was also one of the nicest gods of Theros, he just wants to make sure the dead don't get out of the underworld.

Implying any of those are inherently bad things