Anyone else afraid the anti-net neutrality thing that's happening Thursday could effect bitcoin...

Anyone else afraid the anti-net neutrality thing that's happening Thursday could effect bitcoin? It would basically give ISP the power to shut down or control any aspect of the internet. That includes block chain networks.

Other urls found in this thread:

eff.org/files/2017/06/27/isp_letter_to_fcc_on_nn_privacy_title_ii.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In the event of an economic (((crisis))) they can and will

SHUT
IT
DOWN

This is dumber than all the litecoin posts. Neck. Now.

I work in government and a lot of spies have been coming by my office to tell me that Ajit Pai is the real satoshi nakamoto and this Net Neutrality is some sort of long con. screen cap this, he will apparently take off his mask live on camera in two days

This is a big deal, crypto is the least of my worries.

We’re gonna start having to PAY to fap.

>being afraid about losing net neutrality
>not being afraid about governments all around the world shutting things down, once a critical amount of shekkels ran away from FIAT all into crypto town

Net Neutrality literally only started 2 years ago. Don't listen to Reddit's doom and gloom about losing it again.

I highly doubt blockchains would be directly targeted, I think it's more likely they'll just fuck with P2P protocols to deal with torrents and blockchains will be hit in the crossfire.

It was given legal protection back then because before that time, nobody tried to destroy it.
Before that time everyone assumed it was a good and smart thing. Government agreed, which is why laws were made to keep it that way.

>mfw all of europe never knew anything like net neutrality

This is fucking ignorant

Yeah, officially it didn’t exist, but it was put into place to preserve the internet as it was

Why are they so hellbent on repealing it if they’re not going to do anything?

Don’t be an idiot shill for the ISPs

Nathan?

Even if this happens, technology will just leapfrog it like Netflix did to cable companies

This is all theoretical. Panic based on no evidence. I bet you panic sell and get pink wojacked.

Okay, so we’ve explained why repealing NN could be bad, could you list the reasons why it would be good?

As consumers we literally only stand to lose off this deal.

((them)) trying to shut down the internet would lead to a freer internet. No doubt solutions will be created to bypass any blocking of content. Infact the more companies block and censor the better it is for the internet as a whole

Did you know Bitcoin existed before net neutrality?

did you know net neutrality existed before net neutrality was put into law?

The internet will go back to those terrifying times of 2015!!!

And the ideas for what eventually became Bitcoin were tossed around since 1992? What's your point?

>people haven't killed each other yet so murder should be legal

Except that murder was a thing since the beginning of time. NN is a measure against a hypothetical doomsday... it's likely being pushed by big corporate streamers like Netflix, Hulu and online gaming. Tiered data usage works fine on mobile, I wouldn't mind a set data cap since I don't spend my existence consuming entertainment like neets and liberals do.

Ah, I mean I already suspected it based on your willingness to suck corporate cock, but thanks for exposing yourself as a mentally ill /pol/tard who would happily take it up the ass from ISPs if it meant liberals would suffer too :^)

>I wouldn't mind a set data cap since I don't spend my existence consuming entertainment like neets and liberals do.

Americans are cuckolds

eff.org/files/2017/06/27/isp_letter_to_fcc_on_nn_privacy_title_ii.pdf

crypto will find ways to subvert NN and i think will increase across the board as a result