What would it take to revitalize the 40k tabletop community? It seems, from past observations...

What would it take to revitalize the 40k tabletop community? It seems, from past observations, that most 40k fans talk about the game, play the RPGs, paint the models... everything but actually play the game. Outside of GW shops, it's all Infinity, Warmachine, and Dropfleet.

So what needs to change?

Other urls found in this thread:

whrp.freeforums.org/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

complete overhaul of all game mechanics

For 40k to become good

So, Sigmar?

>So what needs to change?

Make the game not an excuse to sell miniatures. Do *something* to expand the lore. Maybe rethink all the inexplicable "No Cooties Allowed!" factions that keep the game from appealing to anyone who isn't a 12-year-old boy.

But why would they change anything? Autists gonna autist, and apparently there are enough of them still buying miniatures.

Complete balance overhaul. Nerfing and boosting all the armies as needed until the idea of tiers is a distant memory

>implying that adding women to anything ever made it better

Another world war and the financial boon that will follow.

So about 40 years.

It made Team Fortress better.

If you wanted women to like 40k you have to change literally everything that makes the setting what it is.
Men and women aren't the same and when a setting acknowledges that it makes that setting more immersive.

I'd play the game if:
-The factions were competitively balanced
-Prices weren't utterly absurd
-I weren't slightly disturbed at the chance of meeting 40kfans from Veeky Forums on accident (even though of the 40k fans I know offline, over half are military or ex-mil like me and they're cool dudes)
-I don't know enough about the game mechanics to say I'd want an overhaul, but I hear enough bitching from my best friend from high school, who plays...Ultramarines I think? To think there's probably something wrong there. Really that'd probably be included with the rebalancing and rebuilding of every faction's codex.
-I'm busy and I don't have time to paint much, so I wouldn't mind a casualfags line of models. Maybe a bit pricier but pre-painted.

What game could you play that does those things?

>people play the RPGs

Really? Many people talk about the FF shit, but I've never seen an online game last longer than a few dozen posts, and I've NEVER seen an IRL game get past the planning phase. I'm kinda surprised here.

I mean, I'm in one right now that's been running three months, so I guess they do exist.

>cool dudes
>like me

sure buddy. whatever you want us (including you) to believe.

Yo, my group has been going strong for about 15 sessions, we do it twice a week

>What would it take to revitalize the 40k tabletop community?
a time machine

this

>women
>liking war
choose one

> whrp.freeforums.org/index.php
started in 2011 and is still going

> Nerfing and boosting all the armies as needed until the idea of tiers is a distant memory

hahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahaha

hjahahahahahah

hahahahahaha
hahah

hahahahahahahaha
hahahahah

Reduce prices to what they were in 2000 and balance the game. Here, done.

Balance, cut prices

yes but they'll fuck it up make it age of sigmar