What is the most "Mary Sue" character your GM has allowed you to play?

What is the most "Mary Sue" character your GM has allowed you to play?

Vryloka Bard/Sorcerer based on Rachel Alucard from Blazblue.

Is the name "Alucard", whenever it's used, supposed to be ironic? Like do they ever think it's clever, or is it for comedy value? Like when you name the disguised alien Hugh Mann.

A Catachan who sacrificed himself by attaching a frag grenade to a powerfist to stop a slanneshi priestess from summoning something nasty.

The mary sue thing comes in where I apparently survived the entire thing and was able to play the Catachain in a dark heresy campaign not to mention a good half of my body was cybernetic now.

White dragonspawn kobold sorcerer

Basically Edward Scissorhands except with Lightsabers

Initially popped up in Son of Dracula as an alias for a vampire. Everybody who hears it immediately sees right through it.

Clone of a goddess.

Sasuke Uchiha, but a gunslinger instead of a ninja.

Would anyone waifu this lady?

Someone in one of my prior D&D campaigns was literally a goddess in mortal form and didn't know it. Was an elf with angel wings to boot.

She managed to play the character in a non-cringy way, surprisingly.

My half man, half angel, half dragon that became a full angel AND full dragon at the same time.
I did my damndest to play it as notstupid as possible, and I think I got a partway passable character out of it, mostly because I ignored the fuck out of the character's looks and heritage.

I'm honestly quite conflicted. There's something about her design that I like, even though every other part of me is telling me that it's terrible. Maybe it's so over-the-top bad that it somehow becomes good? I really can't explain it.

Depends on her character. If she's an actual tumblr golem as her aesthetic implies, then no.

The fashion itself is fine for a fantastic world, especially if you've gone so far down the Nomura hole this feels like a break from the zipper crazy, and the color scheme is mostly appealing if you can let a style be a style (Lisa Frank in this case). The weapons come across more as goofy than cringey and the face screams lively personality and some degree of amicability. Really if she lost the halo and horn and maybe some of the excessive tatooing that I have a hard time even following she'd be acceptably qt.

The fact that every inch of her is so bright and over-the-top makes her look more coherant than the mashup of traits actually is. Once you get over that the only thing that seems out of place is that she's holding a gun and sword in the same hand, rather than it being a katana-gun.

Paladin who worshiped himself and derived his powers from a lesser god of narcissism

I got to play Kenshiro with a beard
He beat up some warlord guy and then used his legs as a drill to kick said warlord to the center of the earth

James Bond's Son.

>not posting this version of that character

Looks like cover art for something that should be called "Punkpocalypse."

My question still holds up then Would you waifu her, even in that version?

Thank gods for Stan.

>"Hahah, you think that frag did anything noticeable?"
>"Two Words, Barking Toad."

...Is that fem commissar single?

For some reason I like that broken halo. Am I a closet edgelord?

A dude that was such a good negotiator that he succeeded at everything by merely talking.

And I do mean everything. Have you ever walked into a castle taken over by insurectionists, turn them against their leader, get the leader to agree he sucks and become your sidekick then let the kidnapped nobles out of their cells and politely convince them that you must become a noble for your acts of heroism on top of double payment, without dice getting involved at least a single time?

I think you will find that in fact in initially popped up in the original Dracula, as an alias for Dracula himself.

Sounds like a PLAYER with 20 charisma.

That sounds totaly like the type of fluff you get from GW, but I do have to admit it sounds rad as fuck.

Cheers mate. I don't value my talking skills that high though. He also made some stuff insuferably easy for me to exploit.

>Insurectionists have elected their leader
>The leader is despised for reasons
>Point out to them the obvious and enter election
>Win with a whooping 100%
Yes, even my sudden political rival voted for me.
Did I mention that all happened on the first session?

Its been so long since I've actually been a player that I can't really remember my characters all that well.

But the most Mary Su character concept I've allowed for a PC was one where he was regarded as the greatest hero in lands, a bastard prince exiled for political reasons, a champion of the common folk praised and applauded by the masses, with a long laundry list of heroic achievements fit for a high level characters...all at starting level. Over the course of the campaign it was revealed that Fey were weaving story magic to tie the legends and accomplishments of others to this princeling as part of an inscrutable scheme of theirs.

When she was young, my Cleric died and was later literally resurrected by Iomedae for no apparent reason other than to serve as her wandering champion. Iomedae in this context is actually Hastur, but her fragile mortal mind doesn't shiggy that diggy.

Why make your own Mary Sue when you could roll some dice on a random backstory generator and get one for free?

I don't get how is this Mary Sue

Cannibalistic paladin LG but needed to consume sentient flesh time to time to stay sane

Pathfinder Wizard who started off as that wind spirit race (forgot the name) with insanely high mental attribute rolls who later permanently possessed the body of one of those Dark Dwarves things that have some of the best resistances and physical stats in PF but having awful mental ones. Due to PF rules I got to keep my insanely high original mental stuff while I newly got the insanely high physical stuff of the Dwarf.

Also managed to be the saving grace of every encounter since DM liked to play hard mode "everything is a few levels above you" campaign and everyone else was a martial character that would be getting their shit wrecked by giant sandworms or something while I fly high above figuring out which spell I prepared will save the encounter. This would also mean getting away with too many trollish almost "that guy" level moments along with the many "this guy" moments.

The final boss was also an almost universal tier entity so everybody in the party became gods anyway by the end. The Wizard in particular was worshipped as an Odin+Loki equivalent in the sequel campaign which took place thousands of years later.

Half dragon, half giant, Crab Samurai/Paladin of a love god who wields double oversized weapons and lays everything in sight.

>You called?

An undead nobleman from the cursed house of "Dunwiche."
He was a 5e ranger but my DM allowed me to replace all the magic with necromancy spells of the same level.

I played him like a Dark Souls npc, it was fun. Covered in rags and a helmet, keeping his identity a close secret, continuing his unlife by stealing the remaining life out of his victims while he retrieved his arrows, all the while using the party as a means to find and end the his family's curse.

After the campaign, which did not end in his favor, the DM kept him as an recurring npc encounter and built up a mythos around him, the boogeyman that would steal your life in your sleep kind of thing.

A happy go lucky tiefling paladin.

Except it didn't. It was first used in Son of Dracula. I get the impression that people keep thinking this is a clever alias.

I like that. I've never had the chance to be a spooky skeleton.