Was the whole War of the Beast essentially the Ork slowly evolving back into the Krork?

Was the whole War of the Beast essentially the Ork slowly evolving back into the Krork?

not unless the Beast was being directed by Snotlings

The series says that the Orks were evolving to a nearly whole different species. Ork Castes that were no ordinary in the norm of Ork society started to appear )Priests, Diplomats, etc). The Orks technologically surpassed the Imperium, and their psychic power could be felt all over the galaxy.

However, it should be noted that despite all of this, the series pushes the point that the Orks are just a distraction and that the real threat is lurking within the darkness between stars, its laughter echoing across the galaxy, its hunger for human souls knowing no limit.

People had debates on what the heck is this mysterious threat. personally, I think it's the Tyranids.

Isn't it always chaos?

Or it could just be a Cabin in the Woods-like thing where the players are the bloodthirsty evil gods who constantly demand bloody battles

What about the Necron and C'tan? That seems the most logical to me,

See they SAY "Oh the Orks are just a distraction", even though they're fucking crashing moons into planets and making Chaos shit itself.

I think they're evolving further away from the Krork, or maybe just becoming more powerful in general. Orks have shown the ability to innovate during times of big growth. During the Beast's time he managed to institute the modern great Ork Klans. In WAAAGH Ghazghkull the Orks managed to invent things like submarines.

Tyranids want biomass, your soul is irrelevant.
Necrons want as little to do with the warp as possible, thankyouverymuch.

The chaos gods are all about devouring souls.

What is this bullshit?
did pic related start to write for GW?

>The Orks technologically surpassed the Imperium

This is so retarded

reminder that the Imperium was saved through the power of psychic edging

But isn't the whole deal with the C'tan is that they eat souls or something?

They did make planet sized ships and tractor beams that can change orbits of other planets. Orks can make shit that would seem impossible for the Imperium, especially after the Heresy and their lost technology.

One mekboy managed to make a shokk attack gun that can bombard cities from space or destroy a planet when revved up with something bigger than a grot .

They're basically dead though, for the time being at least.

Orks making ridiculous technology isn't really something new though. Shokk attack guns and teleyportas have always been around, with the potential to get more ridiculous always just around the corner.

I think that there are still some C'tan that weren't shattered and they're either hiding or they're somewhere else outside the Milky Way galaxy.

>In WAAAGH Ghazghkull the Orks managed to invent things like submarines.
I think that's just Orks having most of their technology hardwired into their genes, and it popping up when needed. The Old Ones seemed to have built the Orks to use only the amount of technology they need, unlocking more advanced stuff when it's required.

For example, feral Orks often have very primitive technology (basically, you can use WHFB Orcs to represent feral Orks in 40k), until something happens to "unlock" the more advanced technology, and suddenly their mekboys "invent" gunpowder and internal combustion engines. Similarly, Orks didn't use gargants until they encountered Imperial titans. Presumably they usually don't need submarines, so they unly get "invented" by some mekboy when the Orks are placed in a situation where they need them.

This also means that the current Ork tech is likely not the full extend of what the Old Ones programmed into them, just the stuff that their genetic programming has determined to be "good enough" for their current job. Considering Orks are actually extremely advanced in some specific fields, like shields and teleporters, that seems likely. If Necrons start waking up en masse, you might suddenly find that Okrs all over the galaxy are spontaneously "inventing" personal forcefields and telefrag-shootas for all the boyz.

How did the imperium even survive smart orks other than plot armor?

Think tellyportas are actually new. Nazdreg had thought them up and used them to attack and steal from various systems before they could react.
Ghazghkull encountered him and when they joined forces he let him borrow the tech to have forces on the ground before his roks hit the ground.

Vulkan

VULKAN LIVES!

*vuvuzela noise*

>Orkz are now misunderted noble tribesmen

Err no they or not misunderstood. They want war and evryone knows thay want war. Well except maybe the tau.

>personally, I think it's the Tyranids
It's M32, and even if it wasn't, it would still probably be chaos you dip.

Chaos.
Sounds exactly like it.

Orks always could pull insane tech shit once they fought enough.

Vulkan got shrekt. They won because after Vulkan got rekt they got information that showed that the Beast's Orkz were conveniently hyper-vulnerable to their weird boyz dying.

What happened to Vulkan? I haven't read the series and don't really plan on, but I just want to know what he was doing hanging around so long after the heresy

You're retarded.

Orks have always had an inherent knack for technology that only gets more potent the more they fight and the more of them there are. It's one of the few things held over from Tolkien's works - orks are just natural tech savants that know how to make advanced technology because it's pounded into their very genetic structure.

Remember, these guys were created by a culture so far beyond the Imperium they could have casually squashed Big E's Great Crusade without even trying.

He fought the Beast, and they stalemated, and Vulkan drew in a bunch of Waaaagh! energy and the giant super-temple-gargant thing they were in exploded.
The Beast survived, Vulkan disappears for the rest of the series. Vulkan is a perpetual, but I've heard hearsay that some BL author said on some web board that he's dead dead.

Joke

Your head

Eh, tbqh, I can't see them making any primarch truly dead dead, so they can cash in on bringing them back whenever they decide to do 40k endtimes

Except Ferrus, yeah he's dead

Ferrus could come back with a Necrodermis head.

>retarded
>not aware that the Orks were made by the Old Ones and that their technology at full growth is on par with the Eldar

Lol do you even read nigger?

What book's this in OP? I haven't been keeping up with my warhams fiction.

The Beast Arises series. It's your usual mediocre, occasionally canon breaking, black library writing.

Bull.

GW will without a doubt be bringing everyone they can back for the End Times shit. The horrible lack of growth they're experiencing is exactly the kind of thing these trump cards have been saved for.

It's weird. It seems like they can't correlate every spike in growth with the release of good games.

I reckon we'll see traitor primarchs long before we see loyalist primarchs of any kind

I mean, thye've already started with Magnus, I reckon Angron will be next, then maybe Perty or Fulgrim?

>Perty
That'd be interesting. Only two things could result from that: retconning Bel'kalor's "The only undivided prince" fluff or even more fanrage.

I'd rather Lorgar though for maximum buttblastedness from the latter.

The Demon Primarchs (or at least Magnus) are coming back and getting models.
Apparently Custodes are getting a 40k codex (as if there arent enough thinking they're Stormcast rip-offs already)
Eldrad tried to make the Eldar Infinity Circuit God early and fucked it up
The 13th Black Crusade has been retconned to currently happening

They're definitely moving the story forward, but wether they'll End Times it will depend on if GW is satisfied with current sales.

They fight because they were forced to by xenophobic humans

>wether they'll End Times it will depend on if GW is satisfied with current sales.
If the Custodes are getting a 40k codex, that confirms End Times. Custodes don't leave Terra.

>Eldrad tried to make the Eldar Infinity Circuit God early and fucked it up

WHat? When did this happen?

>He doesn't know about arbitrary, wanton GW retcons
Kek

>People had debates on what the heck is this mysterious threat. personally, I think it's the Tyranids.
Surely you and "people" aren't actually this retarded or oblivious to the rampant Chaos wank that has only gotten worse

I reckon they'll do the god-specific ones. So Magnus, Angron, Mortarion and Fulgrim. Probably in that order, as we know Magnus is coming, and Angron is very likely second choise given how much GW seems to love Khorne. Mortarion is somewhat more likely than Fulgrim to be 3rd, since they have more Nurgle than Slaanesh stuff, and have been kind of showing Slaanesh to the sidelines.

I doubt we'll see Perty or Lorgar any time soon, as neighter is supposed to be ver active, and bringing them up would ruin the whole "Be'lakor is the only undivided DP" thing they're for some reasons insisting on.

Story behind the Death Masque box. Eldrad tried to do the god thing, but the Deathwatch got word Eldick was up to some magic shit on a moon somewhere and went and stopped him.

Sanquinus and Horus are dead for real as well.

IIRC As for the Loyalists situations Johnson and Guilliman are in stasis on their respective worlds, The Khan is in the Webway, Vulkan might be in the collection of Trayzan the Infinite, The Imperial fists have one of Dorns hands and Vulkan implied he's alive in The Beast series, Corax is in the eye of terror and Russ went somewhere.

So any of that lot could come back.

I think Ferrus can still come back. Fulgrim keeps on asking Fabius to clone Ferrus so he can finally get his bro back and snort warp cocaine together. Unfortunately the clone keeps on coming out loyal so Fulgrim just keeps on killing him and it's kind of in a loop. The clones themselves don't have anything wrong with them like mutation and they all lack the metal hands of the original. Definitely seems possible for Ferrus Manus to return.

>metzen retired.
>wow lore immediately went to a deeper pile of shit.
You now realize that metzen was trying to save us all.

I dunno, they couldn't take on Necrons when they were unified into a super death force.
So Emperor with the entire Imperium during the Great Crusade could probably give them a run for their money. But he'll lose if they bring in their ork, eldar allies.

I'd like for it to be that one C'tan, The Outsider, to be the major threat.

I thought Angron was stuck in the Warp after being defeated on Armaggedon, keeping him from materializing for 100 some years. Mortarion also got the same treatment by Draigo.

That was back when the Necrons had even better technology (a lot of their stuff has been destroyed or damaged during their sleep, so they don't have access to all their old toys) and the C'tan (who are eldritch gods that can fuck with the laws of physics at will) at their back, as well as far greater numbers.

Even then, in the original version at least, they only got wiped out after their mass-production of psychic warrior races fucked up the Warp and unleashed daemons and the Enslavers on everything, killing off nearly everything in the galaxy.

I got it. Enalavers are the mysterious force out in the dark void.
They're the only warp beings that aren't tied to the gods and feast on souls.
Enslaver Codex when?

the enslavers where absolutely bullshit god mode tier pyskers, so it would take a everyone together type of effort, an aliance
something age of sigmar-like

Not really the only ones, but the others are even more rarely mentioned. "Vampyres" have been mentioned a few times as non-daemon warp entities, and there are some daemonic entities not connected to any particular god (furies are the best known ones, but there are others; the FFG games have quite a few examples of "generic" warp-manifestations).

I thought Eldrad died on that blackstone fortress?

Those clones don't have all the warp magic that went into making the Primarchs so they're pale imitations of the real thing

plus the rumor that his skeleton is on mars or something

Tau have a shoot on sight protocol for Orks. That is one thing they have learned about the galaxy at least.

>the mechanicus use an unholy ritual involving the void dragon the manus and a shit-ton of necrodermis to resurrect ferrus as a necron

wouldnt that be tech heresy (or just heresy) of a magnitude never recorded before?

It's not like the Mechanicus has any consistency. If the Fabricater General or who ever's in charge is okay with it then it'll probably happen.

Maybe the Brain Boyz, manipulated ork evolution.

Btw I cant find TBA novels after The Beast Must Die, someone have a link?

Maybe you should wait for them to be announced.

>Old Ones
Not
>Brainboyz

Get krump'd

Most knowledge was mindwiped from the Necrons. Others destroyed. The rest is only useful as long as the last few scientists do not don skin and try to eat flesh.

Elsavers were probably also an Old One creature.
Eldar and Orks produce a vast psionic potential, Enslavers direct it at the enemy.

Annouced? The Beast Must Die is 8th novel from this series, Watchers in Death, The Last Son of Dorn and Shadow of Ullanor came out some time ago. But I can't find them anywhere.

>The Orks technologically surpassed the Imperium, and their psychic power could be felt all over the galaxy.

Of course they did, and of course it was. This is the only way GW and Black Library authors know how to write anything.

>the rampant Chaos wank that has only gotten worse
What Chaos wank? Everyone is immune to Chaos now.

I was making a joke because TBA means To Be Announced.

You'll have to do a lot of scrolling, because they post a ton, but these guys posted all the epubs on their wall here (sorry for the weird formatting, Veeky Forums's spam filter is being a bitch)
vk
dot
com
/warhammer_art_of_war

Is GW legally required to make 40K lore reach new levels of stupidity (not the good kind) with every new storyline? The Beast shit makes one wonder. Not that the writing's been remotely good since at least the late 2000s.

>What Chaos wank? Everyone is immune to Chaos now.
Yet at the same time GW keeps insisting that Chaos is THE big bad of the setting, and the 40k equivalent of the End Times would definitely revolve around Chaos.

Thank you kind sir.

>Yet at the same time GW keeps insisting that Chaos is THE big bad of the setting

Because it is.

And I can't remember the last time when Orks appeared in a major campaign with CHAOS upstaging them at the end.

And that they've even gone back and retconned the Horus Heresy as Just as Planned.

The mysterious threat from between the stars was MORE ORKZ!

>that the real threat is lurking within the darkness between stars, its laughter echoing across the galaxy, its hunger for human souls knowing no limit.

Jokaero. Calling it now.

>Yet at the same time GW keeps insisting that Chaos is THE big bad of the setting

Yeah, it was always supposed to be, but lore is basically written on a volunteer basis, and so it always falls to creatively bankrupt fanboys to write for their own factions.

There is enough space in the galaxy for everyone to get their share of the spotlight, but it's just turned into a downward spiral of shit.

The basic story structure for all 40k lore right now is:
1. [Faction X] does [Whatever Faction X is best at]
2. [Faction Y] swoops in and beats [Faction X] at their own game.
3. Isn't [Faction Y] cool, you guys?

Best case scenario, it's a deliberate strategy to fire up the retarded fanboys and create factionalism and clannishness in the community.

>implying the fabricator general gives a shit about any kind of rules or laws bar his own

Almost like the most fleshed out faction, the imperium, are locked in an internal battle mainly with Chaos and everyone else is tangential to that.

>Always supposed to be

Nigga Chaos was just an excuse to have evil versions of different factions in Space crusade.

Chaos is literally the most boring thing ever. The Only people who play Chaos in 40 are the edgyfags who want to be the big bad guy but whine when they lose.

And in comes the fanboys. Based on your level of butthurt, I'm guessing you play Tau.

I'd kind of like to see the Orks get some development.

There's so much room for Orks to be foots up every factions ass for the comedy aspect of it and I think that is a fantastic thing. When you think about the history of 40K, they DESERVE the Orks. Every single faction deserves to have something that sprouted up behind their toilets like fungus and mildew that is now chewing on their heads.

Necrons deserve to be befuddled and frustrated by the things that won't stop trompsing on their yard.
Eldar just deserve orks on principle.
Tyranids deserve something that bites back
and Tau deserve them because it kicks the shit out of their Greater Good commune, introducing them to some competition to that 'peoples revolution' they call a civilization. God I hate communists.

As soon as a faction of orks pops up that enslaves worlds in a way that is reasonably agreeable for the populations there, where the orks just demand tribute in the form of booze, minerals and maybe fancy hats, ironically, the universe might actually start getting more peaceful, with the orks just fighting one another in endless waauugh. Let the stupid fucking greenskins fight.

>Say the truth
>I-I bet you play Tau

Swing and a Miss champ, I play Imperium. I'm just sick of you Chaosfags being literally the most insufferable dickheads in the game. You think for some reason because you're the not!Satan of the setting it makes you any more important than any of the other factions.

Well, the fact that Eldar and Tau are more popular than you know shows how "Important" you are.

Keep crying for another broken Dex champ.

Judging from the spike in butthurt, I'm assuming you do play Tau, and are simply lying to make yourself seem less shit.

>Play Guard and Space marines for years
>Chaosfag somehow thinks playing Tau is an insult.

Tau are popular, that's why they get updates, they don't whine "Why don't we have assault cannons, Thunder Hammers and Storm shields We need to be Space marines+"

It's different because orks don't work with machines on a functional level. Even if there was an ogryn with the same supposed strength as a regular boy, with a similar rusty axe, he wouldn't be able to slice right through a space marines adamantine armour. But orks can. Because they "believe" the they can. It's all group thought. Their tech can work and be fueled by literally nothing. They are subconsciously in full CHIM Mode.

There is even canon material about how an ork driving a truck remembered that he forgot to fuel the truck, and the truck promptly stops moving. The passenger who was the boss smashed his skull in and told everyone "THATS NOT ROIT, I FUELED IT UP A MINIT AGAOO" and the truck immediately turned right back on because everyone in the truck believes in the boss.

They are playground children playing war, their werdboyz probably says some bullshit made up language to add a super force field to the boss because he's so special.

If humanity stopped questioning everything then maybe we would be as happy and successful as the orks

>zerg are now misunderstood noble savages

What are Krorks?

Ork player in. No, they don't activate CHIM you fucking cockmongler, go back to fucking /v/ with your retarded shit.

Orks work on a mintue level of tactile telekinesis. Waaaagh energy makes their devices work "Just enough" to be functional.

Sort of like when people say "Duck tape/WD40 Fixes everything"

What you posted is not fucking Canon, was never fucking Canon and you're the kind of Reddit tier moron who needs to castrate himself with Heroquest Grot spears.

It's obviously Metzen

I play Crons, Marines, and Guard. Chaosfags are the worst. Tau are second.

>tfw enjoyed beast arises

I don't see where 'noble' comes into any part of the zerg. The only difference is who was in control at the time.

Orks influence the warp with what is essentially meme magic. The warp then influences real space.
Same with SoB miracles, it's all emotions man.

Could be worse. There are people out there who enjoyed TFA

Fucking hell don't get me started on that shit
Literally all of blizzards story archs revolve around the basic structure of
Sides are fighting
One side is misunderstood
Big bad suddenly shows up
everyone teams up to fight big bad

Please, Black Library authors wish they could raise their average level of writing to "mediocre".