Do elves store nutrients for the winter inside their ears?

Do elves store nutrients for the winter inside their ears?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ydgY5fskwjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A better question is how the hell do they fit through doors?

no thats fucking stupid

How fucking small are the doors where you live?

that's retarded elves have no fat

It's twice as stupid as that homebrew animal that looks like a beaver fucked a duck and it started laying eggs all over the place.

I think Duckbear it was?

You all realize this is not elves. It's anime/manga crap.

Elves have long ears to locate lewd happenings to join. The longer the ears, the more lewd the elf.

No, it's called a Fowlbear.

Long elves ears can feel the wind changing and give off heat.

I hate you Veeky Forums

No, they're clearly radiators to handle overheating in airless environments, yeah that's right, elves are designed for space

Sideways.

It's mainly for body language and a slightly enhanced hearing.

While elves can be stubborn and offputting to those who are not familiar with their kind, their ears are actually extremely expressive and anyone with a passing knowledge of Elven Body Language can tell the mood an elf is in by the movements of his, or her, ears as they are capable of moving independently of each other (though studies found that elves have no conscious control over this, leading researchers to believe that their muscle control synapses lay within the subconscious part of the brain).

Furthermore, the biological mechanisms are similar to that of dog ears, allowing them to hear sounds over a larger distance than humans, on average.

As always for that pic...

>Halfelf
>Elf
>Doublelf.

Stop drinking corn syrup tubbs

>Fowlbear.

In the wild, elves go into hibernation for three months a year during the cold season, having spent the summer fiddling and dancing among the mushrooms. Where they get the actual nutrients for that is a mystery.

They do, but it's all concentrated in their hips and ears.

they can move their ears around so the move them to a less spread way.

Now if they have bandaged or paralyzed ears that can cause problems.

And tits.

What about their cute cheeks?

Elves probably don't store large amounts of fat on their bodies at all, they just store food to be consumed later, like squirrels storing nuts.

That's pretty much almost every setting out there and I hope that anons saying otherwise aren't serious.

Clearly they store food in their cheeks, like squirrels and hamsters.

No, thats stupid, they use their ears to let off body heat, that's why elves don't sweat.

Love you too, user

same time tomorrow?

So you can induce hypothermia in them by cooling their ears?

>captcha: mallard lan
duck internet? is captcha shilling for DDG now?

Elves are natural spellcasters. Ears are their cooling system that prevents brain from overheating when using magic.
Other races' wizards have to use ice-filled pointy hats

this is best

Marcille a Cute! A Cute!

I want to kiss an elf's eartips.

Everyone except Laius a cute.

No. They're antennae, for listening to the whispers of God.

I store nutrients for elves inside my testicles.

I'm sorry about your cancer, user. It must be difficult.

Elves eat cancer? Is that why they live so long?

Contrary to popular belief, eating cancerous tumors has basically no medical risks attached. We're so accustomed to thinking about cancer as some kind of evil, demonic disease but the fact is that the "quality" of cancer has nothing to do with the chemical makeup of a specific cell. It's just accumulated genetic errors and how the cell functions within a specific body.

Basically, if you eat a cancerous tumor from anyone who isn't your very, very close twin, it'd be exactly the same as if you've eaten the flesh of another person. Maybe not very appetizing, but not dangerous at the slightest. Your body would recognize it as another person's flesh and react accordingly (which is to say, just digest it).

Actually, even if you eat a cancerous tumor from yourself there's a good chance it'll just get digested. It COULD take root in your stomach but it'd have to be a very hardy kind of cell.

Note: eating human flesh is still not recommended, you can get some pretty horrific diseases that way. They just aren't inherent to the flesh.

I bet there's some money to be had opening an exclusive, high-class restaurant that serves only cancer, harvesting it from hospital patients whenever it's removed in therapeutic surgeries.

Does anyone know what the texture of cancer tends to be like? I figure it could be treated somewhat like soft beef? Maybe served with wine?

Seems like a pretty inefficient way of doing it, even the ears on the far right couldn't store much fat on them.

Like, do you realize how stupid that is and you just don't care?

Best girl, prove me wrong. (Protip: You can't.)

As our French friends would say: CQFD.

I love Laius mate

We all do, but he's not cute in the same way the rest of the party is. Senshi, Chilchack and Marcille are just cuddly and adorable in a way he isn't.

only because he's wearing armour

no-armour laius is cute as fug

>Laius isn't adorable

No, they probably lend to their perception bonus, and are used in body language. Elf ears grow much quicker than human ears, so elven children typically have proportionately larger ears and eyes when they're children.

>treated somewhat like soft beef
Nigger cancerous or not it's human-flesh, you treat that shit like pork.

Yes, thats why they wear adorable little ear hats in the winter. It also explains why touching their ears makes them shiver, its not like they're sexual organs or anything you silly human.

>Yes, thats why they wear adorable little ear hats in the winter

Okay, now that's just fucking adorable

Does that mean elves are related to elephants or hares which also use their ears to regulate body temperature?

>Elves are stealth rabbitfolk.

It all makes sense now!

If elves don't sweat, do they also pant like dogs do to regulate heat?

No but sometimes their ears give off steam when they get hot and bothered.

I think that Elephants stay cool by flapping their ears which lowers the temperature of blood vessels there and then the whole body regulates. Maybe Elves could do this but on a smaller scale.

Do people actually eat tumors? Because if they do I'm ready to fucking die.

People always talk up the hips in Wakfu and it's so utterly fucking underwhelming as to be annoying that anyone remarks upon it at all. Bitch isn't thicc in the least.

Her hips are more than twice as wide as her waist! How much more "thicc" do you want?

Wakfu characters aren't "thicc", but they all have extremely wide hips and usually very narrow waists.

Incidentally, that's how I picture elven body built looking like in my setting. Elves in DnD are supposed to have multi-year pregnancies, so it'd make sense they've got wide hips to not die at childbirth due to the baby's head not fitting through (which is the reason human babies are very underdeveloped compared to most mammals; if the baby had more time to grow before birth, the head would be too big and wouldn't fit through the birth canal).

I wish more depictions of elves would follow this logic instead of just dropping some fat tiddies on them.

Still elves, m8. Sometimes their take on the pointy ears is more bearable than Western authors.

Yeah, I went with the idea that elves are tall and lithe, with very little fat (so no big fat titties either). The females have wide feminine hips, but that's more due to bone structure than presence of fat.
Snow elves have more fat by elf standards, due to living in a colder climate where bodyfat can help insulat from cold, but even they'd look pretty thin by human standards (very slightly chubby at most).

top cute

Yes, elves pant cutely to cool down.

>Elves in DnD are supposed to have multi-year pregnancies

But that's dumb.

Elephants

22 Months, also are a Huge beast and not elves.

Elephants are also fucking huge. Elves are somewhat smaller than humans, so why should they have such long pregnancies?

Then how about camels? 13-14 months. If you want something smaller there is a species of salamander that give birth to live young after 2-3 years of being pregnant.

They also piss on the carpet if you don't take them out regularly

Something to do with Elves having long lifespans.

Multi-year pregnancy for any sentient is just dumb.

Why are we so hung up on the low reproduction rate of elves and that it's something biological. It's bullshit.

What if they have very effective methods of contraception? Beings so close to nature no doubt they've found a natural remedy to prevent pregnancy. They probably developed shit like moon tea.

What if they have a high infant mortality rate, and the dead baby spirits become wisps or pixies/sprites? Helps explain why they look so much like tiny magic elves.

Also don't give me any shit about they're monogamous or chaste or they fuck once every couple years. That's also bullshit. Long lifespans likely lend to more open or fluid relationships. Sure elves can be monogamous with their partner, but that parter than change. I doubt they believe in institutions like marriage. Till death do us part? Bitch that can take like 600 years, fuck that. Plus, since everyone and their grandmother wants to play half-elves, that means that they'res a whole lot of elves fucking a whole lot of humans. Chaste my ass. It's in their nature to be subtly chaotic. They're not crazy wild, but I see them more as anarchist communes that kingdoms.

Gestation period and size don't necessarily fully correlate with each other. Generally speaking, bigger animals do have bigger babies, which need more time to grow, but there's a lot of other factors involved. For example, mustelids (weasels etc.) have very short pregnanices compared to other mammals of similar size, and their babies are born extremely underdeveloped, due to their primarily hunting methods involving squezing into small space (like nests of rodents), which would obviously be hindered by a large belly. Camels, on the other hand, have longer than normal pregnancy because the baby needs to be more developed to survive the harsh conditions of the desert.

Human pregnancy should really last longer, if human babies were to be born with the same level of development as most other mammals, but because of our big brains the baby's head would be too big and the risk of dying in childbirth would go up massively. So humans are born comparatively underdeveloped. Maybe elves have some way around that problem, so their pregnancies last the amount of time human pregnancy "should" last.

I was actually going to say that they probably only menstruate every few years.

Or maybe a god cursed them? Magical accident? Etc

>Also don't give me any shit about they're monogamous or chaste or they fuck once every couple years
Not saying that there isn't some logic to what you are saying, but the reason why I like them monogamous, not necessarily chaste, is because it lets them appear less human, makes for better, more romantic and tragic love stories and it doesn't reinforce the elves are sluts-meme, which hurts them as much as the elves are faggots meme.

Also Tolkien, with so many things, already found a good answer for this whole problem, which unfortunately must not work for all settings. Elves are inherent magical beings and parents leave their magic power to their children. At some poin they just can't procreate anymore. Their children already have most of their power and spirit.

With eldar (who are also supposed to have pregnancies that last several years), it's sort of implied to have something to do with them being inherently psychic, which means their minds need more time to develop (you wouldn't want your baby accidentally exploding because their brain was too simple to control their psychic abilities). They're also an engineered race, so the longer pregnancy might've been a necessary drawback for some features (if we go by Xenology, eldar biology is really weird in a lot of ways).
That doesn't really apply to standard fantays elves, though.

>Mario, wheverver you are,
HIEEEEEEELFFF

In what world is that guy "Saladin"?

>appear less human, makes for better, more romantic and tragic love stories

I don't see how that's exclusive to a more fluid state of relationships. The tragedy of an elf that loves a human and watches them live and die in a fraction of their own lifespan. Or confusion when one is seduced by an elf to discover they have or had a lover recently that's also an elf, and the other may not think kindly on the new beau. Let's also not forget that a 3-4 year relationship to us is comparatively a 50 year one to an elf. Very short term elven relationships are still pretty long by human standards.

Because the one and only love is always better than fucking around afterwards like nothing happened. Imagine if Luthien at the end of her story just said "well, there is a bunch of dicks waiting for me, I will get over it."

How about that elvish booty?

Hips and Booty are closely related

He just got done eating a salad, so I guess he was saladin'

And that's not tragic because?

We as humans ascribe a romantic ideal onto elves, who have their own ideals that seem fickle to us but are natural to them. Therein lies the tragedy.

The tragedy of Luthien is also special because she was unique. If every elf is Luthien it's no longer special, it loses meaning.

>And that's not tragic because?
It's also tragic, but less tragic than what I'm arguing for.
>who have their own ideals that seem fickle to us but are natural to them
Elves are a fictional race and they can have any romantic ideal that the creater of the setting wants to have.

In what way was Luthien unique?

The real world?

I'm fairly sure Saladin wasn't Chinese

youtu.be/ydgY5fskwjE

You didn't know Saladin was also a Chinese warlord 850 years before he was born?

No, but Aladdin was.

Leave him alone, American schools have been cutting history programs for years.

Of course he wouldn't know.

>It's also tragic, but less tragic than what I'm arguing for.

It's also incredibly cliche. It's come to the point of boring expectation. Monogamous elves waxing romantic isn't beautiful anymore.

>Elves are a fictional race and they can have any romantic ideal that the creater of the setting wants to have.

Ok? For the purposes of the discussion the elves in the example are the ones with fluid relationships.

>In what way was Luthien unique?
She was the only Quendi to have left for the world of mortals. Doubly so because she was Half-Maiar too.

>It's also incredibly cliche
I don't care.
>Monogamous elves waxing romantic isn't beautiful anymore
That's like your opinion, man.jpg
>For the purposes of the discussion the elves in the example are the ones with fluid relationships
This is not how it works, we talked the whole time about some nebulous elves not based directly of any setting, meaning we only talked about what we liked. Me or you saying: "No, this is how elves are!" is stupid in this discussion.
>She was the only Quendi to have left for the world of mortals
That was because of her own decision, granted by Mandos, who restored both as mortals, and is not something inherent to her own being. Afterall it was because she was a virtous, monogamous wife that she chose this fate. Your elves would have never done this.

>For the purposes of the discussion the elves in the example are the ones with fluid relationships.
That's already a thing in Forgotten Realms, faglord.

Elves there have decade long trysts before they fall out of love and grow apart as individuals or some other cuck shit

>That was because of her own decision, granted by Mandos, who restored both as mortals, and is not something inherent to her own being. Afterall it was because she was a virtous, monogamous wife that she chose this fate

So you agree it was a unique circumstance. That's what makes it so special.

>Elves there have decade long trysts before they fall out of love and grow apart as individuals or some other cuck shit

Wanting more complex relationships than soul mate monogamy isn't cuck shit.

Elf x human relationships were already special and rare in Tolkiens world, which is why I mislake the overabundance of half-elves in other settings. It isn't special anymore.