Happy to see the boys getting more screen time, but I don't know how I feel about Goulding writing it

Happy to see the boys getting more screen time, but I don't know how I feel about Goulding writing it.

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303003-master-of-mankindon-the-horizon/?p=4546943
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Scythes of the Emperor
>Therefore power scythes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Are you new to 40k or something?

>Goulding
Fuck.

Isn't this just going to be the tale of them getting wrecked?

Considering that's all the Scythes are known for? Sure.

>space marines battles
Whoa, it's sufficiently big to warrant a subgenre?
Wish we could have some more exotic 40k books instead, like stories of exploration or everyday life like in Kal Jericho, but c'est la vie.

Is the marine on the right a scythe? His armor doesn't seem to be the same color as the other two?

Conidering BL normally focuses on SMs that are teh exact opposite of their legion perhaps not.

He'll probably be a secret psyker who doesnt even like the taste of poison or something.

>A setting and genre known to focus on the grimdarkness of the far future where there is only war

>Waaah! Why don't they have stories about normal people going to school and stuff!!11!1

>Waaah! Why don't they have stories about normal people going to school and stuff!!11!1

That's not what he said at all. Both the things he suggested are pretty exciting things that would involve plenty of action without being straight battles.

BL made the mistake a lot of smaller publishers make in that they believe that because their success come from only one sub-genre of books that thats the only way they can succeed. Thats why we ended up with the never ending Horus Heresy series with only a few smaller series about xenos or 'normal' 40k.

They need to write some riskier materiel soon because just rehashing things like the new 'Primarchs' series is going to get old eventually.

Why? Goulding actually has been responsible for a lot of unfucking. He made Mortarian's Heart, which explained Draigo's bullshit by having Draigo survive purely by luck and not actually beating a primarch in combat (which is retarded).

Man, those helmets look goofy.

I'm glad GW immediately retconned it back. Primarchs have always been beatable, and the notion that they cannot ever lose in a straight fight is ridiculous.

The fuck? No they haven't. No other Primarch has been defeated by somebody weaker than them, which is right and proper considering they're fucking gods of war who can survive being shot by railguns without any armor. And there was no 'retcon', the new Grey Knights codex is just as ambiguous and doesn't go into any detail, and Mortarian's Heart isn't a Heretic Tome which means it's still canon.

Additionally you're a fucking newfag if you think Primarchs are beatable. Before the Horus Heresy the Primarchs were even more powerful, and could destroy mountains while fighting each other. Curze was even submersed in the liquid mantle of a planet as a baby, swimming up through liquid rock before his first birthday.

>The fuck? No they haven't.
They did, in the following grey knight codex.

>Curze was even
Killed by a non-primarch? Yeah, I know.

>They did, in the following grey knight codex.
Are you retarded? The audiodrama is not a Heretic Tome. Something is only retconned in 40k if it is declared a Heretic Tome, otherwise it is all canon. Not to mention the Grey Knight Codex remains vague, and the Audiodrama is an extensive look into how the encounter went down.

>Killed by a non-primarch? Yeah, I know.
Curze didn't even fight her, we know from the books that Curze offered his neck to the assassin and essentially committed suicide. He wanted to die to send a demented message to the Emperor.

Meanwhile, every other Primarch has only been killed either by the Emperor, or other Primarchs. Even the team of Alpha Legion assassins sent to kill Guilliman fucked up by failing to realize that they didn't lock Guilliman in with them, they were locked in with Guilliman.

Guilliman got lucky. Also, don't forget about Vulkan. He couldn't stay dead, but he was killed by Orks, Damon Prytanis, falling from orbit, etc.

Vulkan never died however, he's a perpetual. His durability oddly seems to be weaker during the Horus Heresy thanks to this, but he always just respawns. Plus he stood against the Beast and more or less stalemated the Ork, who was basically an Orkoid Emperor.

Shame he's likely permanently dead after that tho

>every other Primarch has only been killed either by the Emperor, or other Primarchs

Dorn, swarmed to death.
Demon Angron, banished by a handful of GK.
Guilliman could've died to the Alpha strike, that fight made a point that primarchs can be killed with enough bolter fire.

NO
VULKAN LIVES

>They need to write some riskier materiel soon because just rehashing things like the new 'Primarchs' series is going to get old eventually.
It got old a long time ago
I'm tired of Space Marines. I'll buy a book about Guard, Tau, Eldar, Orkz, or Inquisition, but I'm not buying another book about Space Marine battles unless fan reaction is near-universally positive.

> The audiodrama is not a Heretic Tome.
What is the herectical tome you talk about?

Is this BL's way of retracting their own skub?

>Curze didn't even fight her
Nah, they fought, and she necked him.

>The audiodrama is not a Heretic Tome.
who cares? GW certainly didn't.

>but BL's novels show how super strong the primarchs are
They also have primarchs getting punked by single, non-primarch dudes. Kor Phaeron would have killed Guilliman if he didn't try and convert him.

>failing to realize that they didn't lock Guilliman in with them, they were locked in with Guilliman.

I'd wager Vulkan's still kicking. With the move to bring the daemon primarchs, loyal primarchs, and Abaddon supposedly reaching Terra, we'll probably see Vulkan again.But yeah, as I said, he couldn't stay dead due to being a perpetual, but he still technically died repeatedly to various other things.

This book actually goes into how they were formed as a Chapter

TL;DR, a company of Ultramarines allied with a group of Ultramar farmers and drove off a Night Lords attack. In honor of the farmers they were named the Scythes of the Emperor.

>Valedor
Sold like shit
>Evil Sun Rising
Sold like shit
>Baneblade
Sold like shit

You say you'll buy other books. Yet when they're released, they still sell barely a fraction of even garbage like Vulkan Lives or The World Engine.

Goulding is a fuck IRL, but he really isn't that bad an author.

Mortarion's Heart was the best possible damage control for Ward's Draigo vs Morty fiasco. It basically made it so Draigo was totally outclassed until he got Mortarion's True Name through outside means.

It even made sense, a True Name fucks a Daemon. The Emperor's association fucks a Daemon. A True Name GIVEN by the Emperor? ho boy, that would absolutely fuck a daemon regardless of class.

Well, people would complain if they used axes or something.

All BL books that aren't Horus Heresy or Space Marine Battles sell like shit, fyi.

And people wonder why BL focuses on those so much.

The scythes actually represent farmers that helped them in the HH

See

True story.

Heretic Tome is any Black Library novel explicitly stated to be noncanon. It usually applies to things published before 1997.

How often is this applied to stuff going out of date? Like with the new Prospero Fluff for example? If it's never then thier no point anyway so why bother.

>Nah, they fought, and she necked him.
Actually the codex says otherwise
Retard

Heretic Tome should be applied to anything past 2008.
1990s-mid 2000s on average shits on anything put out in the last half decade.
In fact, I bet the Heretic Tome label was invented to be placed on superior novels so that these new Black Library authors can say "i-i-i-it's not canon. You have to read my inferior shit!"

Since Goulding took over as editor stuff is t explicitly retconned anymore, just worked into existing fluff in implausible ways

>Scythes of the Emperor
What's up with this goofy-ass Doctor Who title?

The Horus Heresy just keeps getting worse and worse. It's almost impressive.

Pharos was awesome. The bromance between Polux and Dantioch is legendary.

>It's almost impressive.
If it wasn't so sad

t. Black Library shill

>mfw I can unironically suggest dawn of war or fucking warrior brood as the superior alternative to many horus heresy novels
it's a complicated kind of feeling

>something is good
>he must be a shill!
Fuck off.

When the fuck did he get all this hate? He's never written enough material to justify a hatedom unlike Goto or certain others.

He insulted warseer and is almost the only BL author to respond to the fans.

>Thinks Black Library is good
>Not a shill
Doesn't exist.

>Mortarion's Heart was the best possible damage control for Ward's Draigo vs Morty fiasco.

No, it was petulant in the extreme.
Made all the funnier when it was completely ignored in the new Grey Knight codex, when it was made even more of a curb stomp.

Because it's his decision on what will continue to get referenced and what won't when it comes to Horus Heresy lore, and he holds that newer lore (from a GW/BL/FW source of course) that contradicts older lore will always take precedent. This riles up the oldfags. He also had a hate/hate relationship with warseer but fuck them.

>No, it was petulant in the extreme.
Of course it was, in the interview leading up to it, he spent a paragraph saying what could easily be summed up as: "I am an assmad chaos fanboy."

His response was no different from every single person who read Ward's lore. Don't deny it.

>His response was no different from every single assmad chaos fanboy who read Ward's lore. Don't deny it.

ftfy

He still wrote a book where True Names suddenly cause Daemons to fucking explode, because he is an assmad chaos fanboy.

He's not an author, and ADB has a much bigger E-Footprint on Bolter and Chainsword among others.

He kind of insulted Veeky Forums on there recently anyway.

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303003-master-of-mankindon-the-horizon/?p=4546943

You mean Codex: Daemonhunters? You mean Eisenhorn? Because both of those had True Names that powerful as well.

>Not rewriting the event itself
There's no way he said this with a straight face after what they've written.

>bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303003-master-of-mankindon-the-horizon/?p=4546943
Just lol. Why are all the BL writes so fucking dumb? If thats him trying not to rewrite the setting then holy shit.

I haven't read Eisenhorn in a while but
>Codex: Daemonhunters?
Kek. You clearly haven't read it. The closest it has come is the Grimoire of True Names which only halves a Daemon's weapon skill, not causes them to fucking explode.

So go tell him that. The post's only three days old, he'd still see it.

You imply anyone here is a member of Bolter and Chainsword. Or that they'd want to rile those bastards up by saying shit like that.

>So go tell him that.

He knows, he obviously reads Veeky Forums.
That is why I make sure to shit on that bald bastard whenever I can.

>Implying any of the BL author respond well to criticism
Theres a reason they all meet up for group hugs every other month and as we know its not to straighten out the fluff is it?

>TT rules
So you're denying that there's no way in 40k to make use of a Daemon's True Name to weaken them to the point of death?

I'm not signing up for a board to tell a shithead he's wrong. Especially when he's indicated he might even read this very post.

Apparently you're wrong.

Dude gets butthurt and rants about the fans being petulant manchildren online. He's not exactly wrong, but at the same time loses all credibility by entering the arguments in the first place.

Goto wrote a bunch of shitty books, but I didn't have to see any online diarrhea come out of his mouth when people called them shit.

What a retort. I can't believe I couldn't tell before now that you were retarded. Bye.

I have to agree with you there. As an Editor, he should keep out of the circus ring, for getting in just demeans him, the series and BL as a whole.

>demeans him, the series and BL as a whole.
They didn't have a whole lot of credibility to begin with.

glancing at my old account I've been a member since '05

Haven't posted there in like ten years, though, and I'd rather not sling shit with a guy whose books I don't really like to begin wtih.

They had some though. Fuck, I remember a time when ADB was lionized on here. Now he's hated. Pretty sure every single last BL Author goes from being praised to shat upon here. Not one has ever been lauded from start to finish. Wraight will be next, mark my words.

>he can't comprehend how others think

Autist.

>I didn't have to see any online diarrhea come out of his mouth when people called them shit.

He commented on the hate on his blog once. His response was "I got paid and I had fun, I don't give a fuck."

>Nah, they fought, and she necked him.
literally no proof of this whatsoever

huh

good on him

>"I got paid and I had fun, I don't give a fuck."
Honestly more admirable than Goulding's "HATERS GET FUCKED, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

>I don't give a fuck.

Easy for him to say.
Not so easy for him to do.

Yeah, I remember Veeky Forums being mentioned in the "I'd like to give my thanks" section of the book.

It's always nice to see boards on Veeky Forums getting recognized as being separate entities.

When did the ADB hate start? I noticed it when he and the rest of GW killed Chaos Undivided as a concept.

It started pretty much because he and the rest of GW killed Chaos Undivided.

>When did the ADB hate start?
Emperor's Gift

A combination of outraged Grey Knight fags and Space Wolf haters pissed all over Veeky Forums after it came out.

>When did the ADB hate start?

When people started noticing his pattern.

He didn't kill Undivided any more than Haley was responsible for retconning the entire backstory ad size of the Templars. It was studio mandated and they both had to put it in their books to reflect GW's new direction.

And a reason for that was so they could wank Be'lacuck as "THE ONE AND ONLY DAEMON PRINCE OF CHAOS UNDIVIDED", right?

Started before that, largely when he started being more vocal about fluff online.

Of course, not only did it turn the previously relatively reasonable Armageddon aftermath into a full scale war against the Inquisition, but it also featured a fucking paragraph describing how a Grey Knight Grand Master reached his rank by swordsmanship alone, before the next sentence has Grimnar lift his axe and kill him before he can react.

It's more of the terrible Space Wolf wank that Veeky Forums has been decrying since the Kelly-dex

>And a reason for that was so they could wank Be'lacuck as "THE ONE AND ONLY DAEMON PRINCE OF CHAOS UNDIVIDED", right?

Nope.
He's just the only daemon that doesn't work without undivided, so it can't be removed from him.

So I'm guessing he just came across as jumped-up nerd?

To be fair, I see people shitting on GW for both those decisions far more than they shit on either author.

Daddy issues and waifus?

more or less

Combine forum autism with novels of questionable quality and people ain't going to be as excited about an author anymore. Veeky Forums people, at least. I have no idea on what the general public thinks about this shit.

Given the crowd on the sites like Bolter and Chainsword, Heresy Online and similar, they eat it up like it's going out of style. This site is the only one that seems to be hard on the big BL Authors (seriously, I have no idea if there's a single BL author everyone on here can agree is universally good.)

It kind of makes me yearn for late 2010 again. Stuff was really chill on Veeky Forums then once Nazimod was gone.

>single BL author everyone on here can agree is universally good

Ian Watson. If only for pure insanity.

The Death Guard disapprove of someone else using their scythes.

Veeky Forums used to meme him out hard, and Chaos Child was hot garbage.

The only authors you'll see without significant vitriol are the guys who write one or two solid books and then leave to do other things.

It's funny, because both ADB and Gav Thorpe came out and said that 40k has no solid canon, that it changes on the whims of whoever writes it and none of it is more canon than any of the other parts.

Then Goulding comes out of left field screaming "No! No! No! Only what we have recent written is canon!"

I'm convinced he's an ascended fanboy who hates the fact that he's been hired by GW, but some people don't like what he's doing, so he does everything in his power to strike back, even if it means contradicting everything that came before.

The cocksucking in that thread is vile.