pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=geneology of the holy war
pastebin.com/xzVnnQ4x
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Except that's hardly the case, and one might argue that was even the point of the story, to show that the Parasytes are not the cold robotic murdermachines that they keep claiming they are. Migi started to develop a conscience and human emotions as he spent time with Shinichi, and Tamura develops them all on her own as she kept taking care of her host body's baby. Hell, even Gotou feels pride in his abilities and will eagerly compliment anyone he feels is impressive. They're more than capable of developing emotions if in the right situation, and spending ten years with someone hunting down other parasytes and learning about each other will tend to do that.

Then they're shoved into a metallic, alien form. That's going to get a reaction of uncomfortable uncertainty at the minimum, but with creatures that learned emotions? Yeah.

Jumpers!

How and who do you awaken? Is it spoopy? Tell me a story.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

So I have a bit of a confession to make. Way back in Summer, I got bored and started working on a CYOA full of all my weird ideas, which made me think of this place again. I managed to pick up the desire to make one of these all over again, and so I got a friend of mine (the same one that introduced me to these, in fact) to make a few claims for me. I wanted to come back with a surprise of at least five jumps or so to throw down out of nowhere. It was going to be this big thing.

Then my computer died. When I finally got my computer fixed, I told him to put it off until October. Surely I'd have my CYOA and some jumps done by that time. Then my mood tanked for some reason, and here I am on Halloween without even one done. But my guilt has built up by now that I feel like I need to post, if only to maybe get me to get me to focus on what I should do.

I don't plan on being an active presence. I'm still sort've soured on it, however, I am making things just because I enjoy making them, for both threads. So for the sake of my friend and for anyone waiting on these properties, I had claims and have WIPs of all the below:

Donkey Kong
My Life as a Teenage Robot
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Solatorobo
Pathfinder

I also tentatively plan to do these in the future:

Tales of the World: RM - Yes, from my old WIP. I heard someone picked up Boktai, but not this.
Suikoden V
Princess Maker
Dragon Quest 9 - I also want to do 5 and 8, but make no claims.
Phantasy Star Universe
Tales of the Abyss - Can and will do other Tales in the future, I even have an outline for a Xillia jump sitting around.
Steambot Chronicles/Bumpy Trot
Vampire: Dark Ages
Werewolf the Apocalypse
Kid Icarus
Seventh Cross
Rune Factory

And I mean it when I say all of these have WIPs. Making outlines is easy, the part I had motivation problems on was the actual fluff.

It's only appropriate for the dead to rise on Halloween.

Whoa, nigga spoiler that shit. That was only 2 years ago, mang.

The manga's been around whole lot longer than that, buddy.

Hey, everyone. Friend of mine's been wanting to make a Jump for a while, but they're not sure if they've got a handle on how to structure it so far. So, here's the WIP for the Geneology of the Holy War jumpchain, please give some feedback cause they need it.

>I am making things just because I enjoy making them, for both threads
Then make them and post them if you feel like it.

I have no clue if it's really you. But if it is, it's been a while.

>SoAnon
Good to see an old name. I get how you feel about this place, but I'm glad you can still enjoy making jumps.

Happy Halloween.

>Pathfinder
I'd really love to see this done. It's got some great options that you can't find anywhere else white haired witch, ftw and more D&D is always fun.

>My Life as a Teenage Robot
>Pathfinder

Aw yiss.

Hey guys, since I finished up Prototype I've started working on Bleach again.
I'm adding in Bount as an origin and changing Arrancar to Hollow so far.

Bah. Sorry, thought it was like where the Manga's been around for a loooong time and it was obvious by now. But when Migi distributed bits of himself around Shinichi to repair him and it augmented him, it actually showed Shinichi being less emotional and more logical to the point where even Migi is freaked out by it. Parasytes are plenty capable of developing emotions if they do more than just kill and eat.

Huh. If that really is you, it's good to see you.

Look, not to be mean or anything, but that's a lot of claims and tentative claims to have at one time. Is there any chance we can see proof of some of these WIPs?

I say this not to be mean, but to keep properties from being caught in development hell. I know one other Jumpmaker expressed interest in Rune Factory and Suikoden V.

That said, I'm excited to see you back again and look forward to the Jumps being posted.

Welcome back SoAnon! Don't worry about it as life sometimes gets in the way of things. I was hoping to have a major update for SWTOR ready for today but that didn't pan out.

But either way it is nice to see a familiar face on the most spooky of days!

Great to see you again.

>Jumplist
Every one of those looks great. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to decide to make a Dragon Quest jump.

Important question: Will the Donkey Kong jump have a 0 CP drawback where it's filled with dick jokes?

I can't imagine a fake would go through so much trouble.

Here's a really basic DK outline if there's a lot of doubt, I don't normally post WIPs but I suppose it's really not a time to wring my hands. My organization is really bad on this but I think I have all the stuff jumbled up I wanted to add.

Also I'm glad to see you, I heard you had left for a while too.

It's the best holiday of the year, really. Just wish it got a little cooler here.

I've had quite a few suggestions kicked to me about that one.

I'm also glad to see you! How have things beeen?

Yes. You'll recognize my awful drafting style from the ones I posted last year, I just write down ideas, mentally assign them to backgrounds, then order them later.

I've thought about a DK meme drawback, yeah. Drawbacks I basically do last after everything else is finished, though.

What is this property?

>Pathfinder
Any chance I could see the WIPs for these? I've been wanting jumps of these settings for a while, Pathfinder especially.

>Changing Arrancar to Hollow
Why?

lmgtfy.com/?q=geneology of the holy war

I'm not in the habit of posting a lot of WIPs. I like to operate in a vacuum, instead of having people fuss over and critique every little bit of unfinalized text.

It's a Fire Emblem game.

Arrancars are much stronger than anything else there.
There will be a buy-in to it somehow though.

XJ9 companion?

Would that same buy in do something else as non hollow origins, Vizard in the case of Shinigami for example?

Sacrifice seems kind of bleh and tedious compared to the other capstones. You gain a much weaker version of an already weaker opponents abilities, and you have to roll for each one? Not really worth it. Either buff or change to something else.

And Child seems to be grouped in with perks, which is a bit erroneous.

Otherwise? Looks really good for a wip.

Likely not, I was planning on making it on the power page for hollow, but that is a good idea too. I might do that instead.

In canon arrancars didn't really seem better than shinigami. Even the Vasto Lorde enhanced by the hogyoku jobbed like crazy.

Everything has a power creep.
All origins will have the same strength starting out, even drop in somehow.

Wait, what's so broken about being a Compounder in Mistborn?

I don't see how it can be abused unless you pull off a Morrowind and boost yourself, store that, and boost yourself again.

Sorry if I sound pushy but I'm just gonna get these out while you're here:

Could there be a Vizard option? If there will be, could there also be an option to be like that blind black guy and have Resurrección? Or at least the assurance that developing your ability to use The Mask enough might lead to that.

Will there be full customization tables for Zanpakuto/Dolls/Etc, or regular "power pages" like in the current version?

Also: canon companions please.

I think you should only put claims on the ones at the top there, not the dozen extra ones you only plan to do. Especially since you are just coming off a huge hiatus. It's only fair to others.

>Trying to be as non-mean as possible while addressing the issues I notice.

Starting blurb needs for info on the setting, I don't know what any of those names or locations mean.

I'm guessing the stuff in parentheses next to Origins is temporary

I'm not fond of 300-discounted perks, unless you have 50cp items or perks

Forger of magic- "Up to two fire emblem skills" I need examples, or a broad statement because I've never played a FE game. Also it cuts off at the end

What is a Major Holy Bloodline? Also, and this is 100% personal bias, I don't like perks with in-built drawbacks like "this makes it easier for them to possess you"

The 600 perk just makes you able to use a special weapon? That's not very good in my opinion, even if it's powerful it's conditional on getting that weapon.

Finally we get a Bloodline list

Motivational Conversation seems like an insane ability to stack bonuses for only 200 points

Miracle seems a little odd

Master Knight/Baron Promotion seem weak for a 600, we'll need a longer description as to why they are worth purchasing. Also unless I've missed something I've seen no mention of "Class" yet, does this jump use a class system or doesn't it?

How does Vengeance work? Do you get bonuses from the strength of enemy attacks, or from how damaged you actually are? It matters for Regeneraters and people with stacked durability.

What is a Deathlord? What are they capabilities? Why do I want them?

That's all that jumps out at me

You do realize that Hollows basically have to die over and over and over again to become Arrancar, meaning to get as strong as Shinigami, you have to lose your chain? Even becoming a menos involves erasing your own mind and individuality multiple times.

To the "finder" of the Creepy Pasta Jump, you're a jerk. Forcing me to take an origin for a specific Perk.

Not for serious. I'll work with it.

Also, small note, at the end of The Truth, should be spelt "guarantee".

Yes. She's adorable and Jess would love her.

Fair enough.

People just like seeing what progress has been made. It's not really about critique of unfinished text. Only the few shitposters can't be trusted to tell the difference.

>I can't imagine a fake would go through so much trouble.
>Also I'm glad to see you, I heard you had left for a while too.

No, you're right of course. I can't imagine anyone would go to the trouble for either of us. I was just wary, coming back from the dead like that scares the crap out of people, Lycoris.

But I suppose as a former member of the dead myself I can't say too much eh? There are definitely people looking forward to Radiant Mythology, myself included.

I'm glad you're back, just go at your own pace. Maybe drop by IRC once in a while? It'd be nice to catch up with you again.

>>
>XJ9 waifu?
FTFY

Lots of things. It's a conversation best left to IRC or somewhere else though, the thread isn't a blog.

(G.I. Joe) #122
-Affiliation: Cobra (900CP) -I need my foot in the door for this.
-Background: Scientist (800CP) -AND TIME TO EXPLORE.
-Slithering Escape (Free) -NEXT TIME, GADGET! NEXT TIME! ...wait wrong show.
-Independently Wealthy (700CP) (Discount) -As a member of the new world order, I will have money.
-Cobra Hierarchy (500CP) (Discount) -I'm also an important member of Cobra.
-Cobra-La Background (200CP) (Discount) -Well naturally I'm of the royalty. We'll go with Cobra-La Biotechnology.
-Cobra-La Biotechnology (Free) -Aaaand a bit of help.
-Occult Knowledge (100CP) -I know LOTS of things.
-Super Soldier Experiment (-500CP) -I am a Cyber-Viper! Machine and Flesh UNITE!
-Robotics (Free) -Cool.
-Genetic Engineering (-600CP) -And we're talking.
-GI Joe Extreme! (0CP)
Dice Rolls: 24 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

...this place is stupid. The Joes are stupid. Iron Klaw and his S.K.A.R. organization is stupid. What the fuck is with this place and why is it all being so stupid. Everyone's jobbing like crazy in this organization and I'm pretty sure the leader is bugshit insane in a bad way. Why the fuck is this even a thing.

You know what. Fine. You know what I'm going to do? I'm gonna make my OWN organization. And it's gonna have advanced technologies, and bio-engineering, and SNEKS. I WILL TAKE THE FORM OF SNEK ONCE MORE. COBRA WILL RISE AGAIN AND THE IRON KLAW WILL KNEEL BEFORE THE SNEK.

Scale beats claw, motherfuckers! And my organization offers dental, too. Because I'm not trying to be edgy.

Vizard will find a way in there.
I can try to add in the resurrection some how

They fuse their memories, so you'd just bypass that part since it is natural progression.
So the ply thing you should worry about is eating enough

Dude. Go read the series first before you do this. It's painfully clear you've read very little of it and posting a shit, half assed WIP is only going to worsen your position.

>I like to operate in a vacuum, instead of having people fuss over and critique every little bit of unfinalized text.
Thank you. Shitstorms over unfinished products are irritating as fuck. People who freak out over the power of a particular perk without knowing what the rest of the jump looks like are twats.

Thank you for fighting the twats.

Compounding lets you get 10 times the stored attribute within the metalmind when you burn it.
It gets out of hand fast.

>Cobra-La
They may have had the cringiest battle cry in the history of cartoon villains trying to sound badass. Might want to work on that.

Two things.

1. No they don't. None of the Arrancar show memories of their lives before being hollows. Their identity is completely new.

2. You expect people to commit mass genocide within only 10 years to be able to equal the other origins?

>Bleach posting
Welp, that's my cue to log off. Happy Halloween everyone!

Actually that would be quincies, they are just bullshit. They had a fucking reality warper as one of their mid level dudes.

Being an XJ unit (XJJ?) is one of the backgrounds, so yes, you can buy any of your sisters.

It's very unlikely anyone will want to work on any of those so it doesn't matter much.

This was never my experience.

Ghosts are very spooky, it's true.

I'm actually surprised someone is excited about Radiant Mythology. I never knew you were a big Tales of fan.

I'm actually about to pop into the IRC, I've been trying to figure out how my client works.

Will be there in a few seconds.

Speaking of WIP, here's the Disgaea 1/D2 DLC I had planned. Or rather, the intro fluff of it. Consider this a teaser.

pastebin.com/xzVnnQ4x

Disgaea and Makai Kingdom have amazingly confusing cosmology, so there's a degree of fanwank, here. Someone please correct a blatant contradiction, if you spot one.

Yeah I mean the cringy shit would go. The best part about making an organization that is gonna be built from the ground up is the ability to design this stuff how you want, like recruitment and the direction one is going.

Honestly I'm just doing this because I think the villain is a cringy, edgy-wannabe fuckwit who's just eye-rolling and the glory of Cobra should clearly take over instead. And since I'm a snek, naturally it's up to me to perform the action. Because Snek. Look at that evil monster and see the danger in her eyes. LOOK AT IT.

We see several Arrancar who have memories of the time they were menos, even ones that actively fed on other hollows. The best you might be able to argue is that they're different from how they were pre menos but that's only out of a lack of evidence saying otherwise. There's very little proof of your claim they constantly become new people all the time.

Hollows can also take off their own masks at any level, be turned into arrancar with the gem at any level or just train like other races. There are also plenty of unintelligent hollow beasts to feed on too if you must, though not as much.

They can pretty much do that, yes.

There is a reason why Lord Ruler is refered to as "Sliver of Infinity".

>It's very unlikely anyone will want to work on any of those.
Except, as mentioned above in , interest has been expressed in at least two of the Jumps you have "claimed".

>This was never my experience.
You have successfully posted a WIP without issue. Some of us are merely asking for one or two more so you can secure your claims. This does not seem unreasonable.

>It's very unlikely anyone will want to work on any of those so it doesn't matter much.
Regardless of whether you think it's likely or not, it's something you should do. No one else is allowed to take 18 or so claims at once, you're not anything special. Keep to the 6 you're currently working on and pick up new ones as you finish the first 6. This is basic politeness everyone else here manages to keep to.

Your comments have been taken into consideration, thanks for the feedback. Nika's trying hard to make this a quality jump and this stuff is what's needed to make sure it gets polished.

So, did tera actually relinquish his claims and quit making Jumps? Or is that just something we are running with, regardless of his wishes.

Ethical villainry done to spite heroes and villains alike is an untapped market. If you play your cards right you'll have your choice of the best of the best.

10/10

There is no such thing as "allowed" here. What are you going to do if Lycoris doesn't drop any claims? Get really angry? Shitpost a lot? Fucking nothing?

Just let it go.

He relinquished them for a bit and then had it explained to him that most people don't care if he decided against it again. Think he might be trying to make another turd, but have had him filtered for ages so no idea if he's still at it.

The worst he can do is disregard the claim and make the jump himself.
Which is a win-win for the thread so it's fine.

Great precedent to set. We can claim as many jumps as we want. Or is it just that claims don't matter anymore and if you want you can just steal one from someone else?

We've seen that at least two of those jumps have other people interested in them before SoAnon came back. Are they just chopped liver now that she's here?

So we really are just completely getting rid of the claim system then huh?

Would be beautiful if we did in my opinion.
If someone is taking months to work on something and someone else wants it it should be fair game.

>"Allowed"
And that's why we have lewd jumps like Corruption of Champions.

Oh wait.

It's the rule of cool.

We could get a Black Crusade jump on time and worth a damn, too. I second this notion.

>who have memories of the time they were menos
But what about when they are regular Hollows, where Reborn is starting us?

scratch that. A first done policy would be even better.
Fuck waiting.

Did you read my post user?

Also you know that taking off your mask early is just asking to be a weakling who has massive difficulty getting strong.

Can we not have this shitstorm right now?

Apparently people want Lycoris to be able to claim 18 jumps OR for no claims to ever be a thing anymore. Wonder what she'd side with considering her views on the Dresden Files thing.

I'm not seeing a shitstorm yet fampie.
Just because people are saying things you don't like doesn't mean it's a shitstorm.

You know what, in light of everyone else being an insane dickwaffle about this, please, by all means, keep the claims you have.

I refuse to be associated with people who take legitimate concerns and turn them into a giant arguments for no reason.

I hope to see excellent work from you in the future.

There really should be a point where a claim expires.
Especially if someone just ups a leaves.

So your response to people raising legitimate concerns and other people shitting on them for it is to shit on the people with legitimate concerns?

Wow, you're a shit poster too aren't you?

My advice to everyone is that if anyone tries to start anything about/to me, then to just completely ignore them. They don't bother me at all, so while I appreciate it, there's not much to gain by defending me.

Well duh, who ever heard of compromises. I mean, sitting down and trying to figure out a middle ground? What loony would do that?

Do you think I can do it, /jc/? Can I finish the Drawback section in time to post the spookiest jump of all for Halloween?

You would have a point if people actually started something.
But it's nice to know that you're a brick wall.

>12:05
Too late.

You are not an ally of justice.

Also, it's 12:05am here EST, so unless you're in another time zone I dunno.

Considering it's past midnight here I don't think you can. Unless you have time travel.

>implying everyone lives on the east coast

Central Time is best time. Go to bed East Coast losers. It's way past your bedtime.

He has 3 hours by PST if he's going by that.

Too late motherfucker!

2307 here. Go for it, InNomineAnon!

yas.

>implying anything but Veeky Forums time matters on Veeky Forums

It's 9:08 in Commiefornia. I believe in you.

Ever considered you might be wrong on this matter? That you're ignoring people who might actually have a point in saying you've got too many things claimed, including stuff already claimed by others?

If people show up wanting to do one of the dozen jumps, are you going to stop them from doing so or will you relinquish claims?

11:12 here in Winnipeg. Fucking go for it.

Not too mention according to the ending most Parasytes switch to human food and "evolve" into different life styles at the end.

Two things.

One, as the author of new bleach, I look forward to seeing what your update of the jump looks like.

Second, why the fuck is everything orange and black(dark blue)?

Halloween overlay.

Okay, that makes sense.

Can I turn it off, or do I just have to suffer until tomorrow?

I recall myrmidont saying that he planned to change the multi Parasyte pricing so buying Parasytes through it is actually cheaper if you buy in bulk, what happened to that?

Also, if we have hybrid, does our Parasyte gain our own traits or biological stuff... Or do they only get it if they get the Body Snatcher?