Is there any shittier setting than 40k...

Is there any shittier setting than 40k? Fantasy was dark but didn't go full retard and it has way less cancerous fanbase. The only thing that sucked in fantasy was the constant Chaos wank because honestly Nagash is a better villain but other than that it shits all over 40k.

But still Warhammer in general was a mistake.

>and it has way less cancerous fanbase.
Nice try fatty.

I agree. They also stole several of Blizzard's ideas and should be held accountable for that.

>It's another "Waaaaaaaaaaah! I hate 40k and you should too!" thread

>and it has way less cancerous fanbase

Literally so cancerous that it killed the game

In Fantasy AND in 40k. GW are such hacks.

>the most popular tabletop miniatures wargame ever by the numbers
>was a mistake

...yeah, look, if you don't like 40k that's fine, I get that. To each his own.

>it has way less cancerous fanbase

I find fanbases in general are insufferable.

It's called warcraft.

My only problem with 40k is that the grim darkness is cranked up to 11. Maybe dialled back to a strong 9 it would be Orwell tier instead of a living hell.

>Nagash is a better villain

'Classic Nagash' - "better villian" - TOP KEK!

It began as a parody and it still have more than a few traces of it.

How would you approach a setting with the same premise as 40k (scavenger universe thousands of years into the future etc) but without the retardation?

I wouldn't.

It's called Dune.

>guaranteed replies
Meanwhile, other, more deserving threads lie unanswered.
Veeky Forums makes me sad sometimes.

Also, some of you need to learn how to sage, seriously.

Are you from ?

If yes, then go tell them they overstayed their time in Veeky Forums, and now it's time for you all to go back to the cancerous board you came from.

If no, have a (you) and a polite sage.

There is always Wraeththu.

>That image
10/10, good one

This TBQH

Remember that they really only show the worse parts of the 41st millennium, because they're the most exciting. For plenty of the galaxy, a typical day is only like a 7 on the grimdark scale.

Dune doesn't have as much of the scavenger/lost tech aspect does it? I know they don't have AI or computers either, because of the Butlerian Jihad, but they haven't lost as much as 40k, have they?