Binance=MtGox?

Seriously, is it just me or does Binance give the same vibes MtGox gave? Looks like a chinese exchgange conjoured in mr yangs farm, how secure are they, are there better alternatives?

Also if anyone wants share the referall link because I'll make an account today.

Other urls found in this thread:

binance.com/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ironically its the most trustworthy exchange thus far.

thats referral id

Sure thing, Mr. Binance

literally the exchange with the least problems and you think THIS is our next gox?

all modern exchanges are leagues ahead of mtgox. mark karpeles is a fucking moron. That said, still never leave anything on an exchange.

`Why does their frontpage look like a thailandese ebay?

Thanks

I've heard about bitrex as well, big difference between the two?

The only trouble they have had so far was their servers getting overloaded from the IOTA moon mission. They have been fairly trustworthy other than that.

imo it's the most stable.
but the most cancerous fucking shit exchange too. can't have it all i guess

You should have seen it 4 months ago

Oh man, how bad?

Love them, don't seem goxy to me at all :)
binance.com/?
ref=10209970

Binance is good, they gave me my bro gas and my bcd, BTg etc they are legit I got free Trx tooo

I was going to start my own thread, but hopefully this will do as I don't want to potentially create another Monero "shill" thread.

I bought some XMR on Binance a couple hours ago, and when I tried to withdraw it I noticed XMR withdraws are currently disabled for wallet maintenance. How the fuck long is this shit supposed to take? Can anybody just give me a rough estimate if you've experienced this shit before?

I looked all over Binance's bullshit support page, and couldn't find any mention of them taking the XMR wallet withdraws offline for maintenance with an estimated timeline for completion. Couldn't find a status page like status.gdax.com, that would give me any kind of hint as to how long this shit is supposed to take.

I considered opening a ticket, but I realize that's probably a fruitless effort and I'm better off waiting instead of expending the energy of submitting one.

Can any user give me an idea of what the timeline is like? A few more hours? A day? Please don't tell me a fucking week?

Other than this issue right here, which in reality isn't that big of a deal at all, I have had no issues with Binance and actually have come to really like it and now use it mainly instead of Buttrex.

So instead of leaving everything on exchange, where should I keep my coins?

A wallet you control the private keys to, be that a web wallet that gives you the keys, a paper wallet you generate yourself, some desktop app, or even a hardware wallet where the private keys don't leave the device.

The moral of the story is, if you don't control the private keys, you don't own the crypto.

i dont know user, but it seems to be intermittent, was open for withdrawals yesterday, keep checking

Yeah, I'll be keeping my eye on it. Thankfully my XMR is stuck on Binance and not some piece of shit exchange like Bitfinex or Liqui. So, I'm not terribly worried about it, it'd just make me feel better.

If they were open yesterday, then at least this likely means it's not a multi-day maintenance thing. I'm expecting the latest to be tomorrow, but hoping I can send them over to my wallet tonight as I'm going on a trip for a few days tomorrow.

Fuck off normie

I deactivated Google auth the other day and they wouldn't even let me move anything for 24 hours..

Paranoia, binance is safer for normies because it makes it easier to get thier forked cons and dividends

Linkie stay mad

heres my referral link if anyone else is reading this and wants to get in on this sweet, sweet internet money

Yeah, it's a little paranoid. I don't think Binance is going to fucking steal your coins or anything like that.

I guess I didn't really mention the key reason I try to keep my coins off exchanges, and that's if some shit hit the fan with one, and I needed to sell and also at the same time Binance's infrastructure fucks up and isn't working, I'd be able to just take them over to Buttrex or something instead.

Withdrawal fees are very high tho

bittrex... bitfinex.... now binance gives the mtgox vibe? just stfu already

Binance is fine

This is an attack on Binance and Crypto

You're retarded

Seriously, Bitfinex is the only exchange that kinda has me suspicious (and even that is likely due to anons just shitting on it -- or because they're printing fake money who knows), but even that's a stretch. If Bitfinex dies, it won't be because they were hacked like Mt. Gox, it'll be because they're running on tethers without the USD to back it up (which may or may not even be true, I've only seen rumors posted by anons which obviously don't mean shit).

Bittrex and Binance are completely fine, any Mt. Gox vibe coming from them is just because you're retarded.

why do you say that user, that's honestly hurtful

Binance makes Bittrex feel like Cryptopia

You know that most of the tethers that gets shat out of Bitfinex ends up on Bittrex right? And unlike Binance, Bittrex and Poloniex, who own over 70% all the tethers, are officially partnered with Tethers so they are going to get hit hard once this blows up.

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of how fucked all exchanges would get if/when something happens with USDT.

Which is why I'm hoping it's mostly just bored anons trying to spread FUD, since I haven't seen any hard evidence. But, the shit they have been posting definitely has me keeping it in the back of my mind.

Didn't realized Bittrex and Polo had most of the tethers, just thought they had a significant portion of them with Bitfinex owning the most -- which is why I assumed Bitfinex was getting the most shit for it.

Since I don't want/expect you or another user to explain the situation why Bitfinex has become the poster child of tether-geddon, would you or anyone else be able to link me to something that explains it? I'm not that worried about it, but would be interested if it exists.

This is why being lurking on Veeky Forums gives me a headache.

The most retarded panic FUD there is. Holy shit, please go outside. Sure, Binance is a scamming site. Just withdraw your money please.

I'm actually felling sad for you.

> is it just me or does Binance give the same vibes MtGox gave?

completely agree. It would not surprise me if it shut down and some people ran off with money.

Problem is what other options do we have? Binance is the easiest and lowest fee option for trading crypto.

And really, all exchanges have the risk of a Mt Gox

Uh how so?

When IOTA was going nuts the site completely froze for about 5 hours. People's trades did not happen, and when they did, they occured at vastly different rates. That is a HUGE red flag.

What I am afraid of is that they are really giving investors IOU's for their coins.

Then supplying coins as people need to withdraw. i.e. a ponzi.

Wallets can conveniently be down, or the site frozen, when too much is being pulled out of a given coin.

Thoughts anyone?