The PCs are pilots of specialized craft that allows them to transfer their conciousness to their craft

>The PCs are pilots of specialized craft that allows them to transfer their conciousness to their craft.
>This is achieved by a partially cloned brain and nervous system augmented with cybernetics to act as a "surogate" body designed to withstand forces the regular human body never could.
>One of the major drawbacks of this technology is the gradual degradation of conciousness from prolonged stay in the surogate body as well as Phantom Limb Damage where in damage to the vehicle can cause parts of the body to no longer be functional
>The PCs are nearing the end of an extended mission until a misshap forces them to potential go past the safe amount of time to stay in their vehicles

Would this be an interesting sounding survival scenario?

Other urls found in this thread:

a-10writer.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Spooky. Make it segue into cyborg uplifts and dissociative body disorder and then have fun with that. One shot the first session, make the rest the tun on the head shit.

Might be fun as a mini-campaign with the right group.

Yeah, to hit the point home you'd have people who would be totally healthy but would otherwise be disabled in other means such as loosing the use of your legs after taking severe damage.

While you can still move parts of your craft that would associate with your legs, your actual legs are useless as if you became a parapalegic.

What sort of survival scenarios could you have in space aside from floating around and making checks against insanity.

Maybe you are stuck in a debris field and have to occasionally dodge flying bits of ships and asteroids while trying to remain hidden?

Pull a Wrath of Khan and navigate through some kind of cosmic weather that fucks with your sensors?

This is the exact plot of a "romance" I read with the vehicle being an AI anthropomorphic female A-10.

yes it brrt'd when they fucked

You got links for that?

They sort of did this in the later Armored Core games, but never really fleshed it out.

Sounds interesting.

I always thought they just typed away on keyboards really fast like ML gamers

My absolute comrade right here. I'm actually making a little story/text minigame with the AMS as a piloting option.

a-10writer.tumblr.com/

This fucking thread holy shit. I had an idea similar to this for a short story, but I never thought about translating this to traditional games. Would it work for an RPG?

I don't see why it wouldn't. As a one shot it's not really nescessary to make rules for the mechs because they are a narrative framework for the situation although considering you're doing a survival in space proper and not, say, a space station you'd have to come up with rules and stuff for dealing with the environment.

A derelict of a super ship with corridors sized for mechs or places like

A one-shot would be fun and all, but I've got far too much time on my hands for that.

Say I was interested in wrapping a campaign around this concept. Seeing as I live under a rock and am only aware of d20 systems like D&D and Pathfinder, can you think of a system that'd fit the concept of a military setting featuring man-sized surrogate bodies (like mentally controlled terminators)?

It strikes me as a possibility that I could just use pathfinder's sci-fi rules for an easier time and just re-skin stuff, but I'm curious.

A campaign featuring warframe-esque transference mechanics is next on my list, thanks OP.

>recoloured shark girls

I'm was not aware that pathfinder was fielding a full sci-fi setting. How drastically different are the rules for it compared to the base game?

That said, having two different sets of stats for "you" and your mech would be needed but for one shots just treating the character as the mech (since they are already in them) would be easiest I think, EP would work for this since it naturally has the split between "you" and your "body"

GURPS dawg. Hit up the General thread for more specific details. We're a helpful bunch

That thing looks like a derpy manta ray from behind.

Now I'm kind of horrified because there's the one expansion with the Corpus guy and one of the cut scenes shows a frame being chopped up and disassembled in front of a bunch of buyers.

I guess that means the "pilot" was still in it?

Aren't they remote controlled? I don't play the game but I know that much.

They are indeed remote controlled. Warframes themselves are essentially meat robots, soulless vessels for the tenno to pour their consciousness into when they need to deal out some frontier justice.

They're also delightfully edgy.