Fuckup General

>Bought bitcoin at 800
>goes up to 1200, down to 800, up to 1200, down to 800, back up to 1200, only to go back to 800
>goes back to 1200
>sold at 1200
>Bitcoin nearing 18,000

Dump pink wojak here.

I held LTC for 6 months and sold at $130. Not even 24 hours before it began it's moon mission to $430. Pretty insane, even for my terrible luck

i bought $5k at $98 while high on lsd last week

>buy 2000 bitcoin for just over 2000 dollars in feb 2011.
>tell parents how excited i am about my first investment and how i think it's the future of money.
>father berates me, calls me an idiot for even considering buying it, let alone actually doing it.
>sell them immediately, thinking i made a huge mistake.
>2017
>bitter doesn't even begin to describe my attitude towards my father
we used to be close

just goes to show that you should NEVER EVER tell family about financial decisions of any kind

yea, i know that now. i was only 21. by far the biggest regret of my life

bought 2011 a few bitcoins from a friend who was mining.
sold them in the first bubble to $31.

have a lot of discussions with this friend around that time about bitcoin. he thought that it would be big - i didnt.
he really said he wouldnt touch them and keep on mining.

he quit his job in 2013. havent talked to him in years. to embarassed to call.

the worst thing is after the climb to 1000 in 2013 i really tried to avoid articles about bitcoin. it made me too sad. too bad i didnt realize i still have enough time

Have you told him how much one bitcoin is worth yet?

Why were you such a pussy at the age of 21?

goddamn user

i talk to him about bitcoin at least once a month since it broke $100. i had self-esteem issues and let a moron convince me i was wrong.

So you're rich now?

Look on the bright side. At least he'll feel guilty enough to leave you everything.

you made the right decision in selling it. know one could have known it would be worth 17000 times what you bought it for

no one*

Don't kick yourself on the head user. What would you do with 35 million dollars today anyways? It's just money.

>Spend all your investment money in pennystock crypto shitcoins.

There, I win. You can't out-tard me.

>march: 400 eth
>dec: 55 eth
i don't wanna talk about it

>guilty
I doubt it. His dad sounds like an absolute dickhead. I doubt he even did any research himself into what it is. Either is he a prick which means he doesn't give a fuck or he is a dumb fuck which means he has hardly anything to pass on.

Was that supposed to be motivational ?

Nah I'm just trolling. The dude fucked up big. Shit father made his son docile and prone to making bad decisions.

>dwelling on the past

You are only as good as your last trade

He bought it 2000 in 2011. He would have probably sold it when it was like 50 dollars at most. So he loses anyway.

Sold 200 ltc for a loss at $26

How does your father feel about the fact that if you held onto them until now you'd have $34,000,000? Has he apologized? Do you think you would've held on this long, or would you have sold out when BTC was like $500?

I bought 5 litecoin at 75 and sold for 150 thinking 100% was a great profit. Learn from your mistakes I guess

>he is a dumb fuck which means he has hardly anything to pass on.
yep
eh i'm fine now. that shitty decision hangs over my head every day but i can't let it drive me insane. i'm the opposite of my father now.
he still says bitcoin is a scam and that people are idiots for buying it. he hasn't apologized and i don't expect him to. i highly doubt i would've held this long. probably would've sold at the ~1350 ATH and been happy about it.

>50 * 2000 - 2000 is less than 2000
I am not sure you know what losing means

never sell ALWAYS accumulate

eh yea this is probably more likely. still would've been happy about it

yeah never actually use your money for anything. Continue to eat canned beans and wearing the same pair of jeans for the rest of your life while starring at a number on your screen.

>2000-2000 = 0
>5 * 0 = 0

???? brianlet detected

You should call and congratulate him, with the intention of never speaking to him again if that's what he wishes. You don't want to sound like a mooch but if my friend became a bitcoin millionaire I would pat them on the back and suck their dick.

Look up order of operations (BEDMAS) or go back to 2nd grade dumbass.

This guy cashed out around $650 in Nov 2013, Pretty good money though.

pemdas retard

Whatever i like saying brackets instead of parentheses. Fight me.

I lost my job and sold my 15 btc for around $30 each. Forever destined to live on my knees. Paying a mortgage for the next 20 years that could have been paid off.

sold yesterday at 15.2 without looking at fib and rsi thinking it was a peak
still 800 per coin down today after pulling 5 good trades
literally buy high sell low