What are Chaos Eldar like? I know they're distinct from Dark Eldar

What are Chaos Eldar like? I know they're distinct from Dark Eldar.

They're a race of twisted, insane creatures living on the old Crone Worlds in the Eye of Terror, enslaved to various daemons who laid claim to those worlds. Mostly Slaaneshi.

No idea. 'They exist' is as much fluff as we've gotten on them.

It's possible that Incubi are Khorne worshippers.

I could see some -really- old Chaos Eldar being Psykers that are powerfull to keep Slaanesh of their backs. They'd be fucking scary though. Can you imagine someone who lived through and survived the fall of Slaanesh?

Probably daemon infested nightmares on the old Eldar homeworlds

The Incubi are Khaine worshippers.

I vaguely remember a few anons mentioning it threads about old fluff. The ones that turned to chaos when the fall happened are minions to slaanesh and about on par with a CSM. But if an eldar were to go to chaos now they become absolutely terrifying and pumped full of gifts by slaanesh

Like 5e Dark Elves.

So basically 80's.

Twisted beings being hunted by craftworlders, dark eldars, exodites, and arlequins. Like human mutants, but with pointy ears. And even more insane since they live eternally.

Only pic I have of one, with the Imperium most pimpin' inquisitor.

If they exist, which they apparently exist, they would be the most miserable creatures in the universe whose every moment of existence would be a horrific nightmare. For some reason people think they would be ultra-powerful Farseers empowered by Slaanesh, but this makes absolutely no sense since Slaanesh desires to consume Eldar souls above everything else, and Slaanesh isn't known or having restraint.

Depends on how powerful the Eldar in question was. What about a handful of Chaos Eldar that sold their souls to Slaanesh, but somehow survived as completely soulless husks, kept animated by sheer force of will. (throwing stuff at the wall here)

>What about a handful of Chaos Eldar that sold their souls to Slaanesh, but somehow survived as completely soulless husks, kept animated by sheer force of will. (throwing stuff at the wall here)

I was under the impression that this is impossible, given that Eldar souls are just too tasty for Slaanesh and his daemons not to gobble up the instant they become available.

How about a eldar that pledged his soul to tzeench, to save it from slaanesh. Would it even work like that? That when something kills him/her that the soul would be safe from slaanesh and instead get used somehow by another chaos god?

Personally tzeench would make sense because "LOL chaos magick"

Well it works for harlequins.

I'm just under the impression that to survive in the EoT they've probably aligned with other chaos gods than Slaanesh

Eldar pledge to Khorne and who slaughter in his name? In exchange, upon death, Khorne takes them and turns their souls into powerful demons.

Does it? Honestly I never really delved into eldar fluff and myth, as it seemed way to convulted for me.

I can see something like that happening. Something along the line of a 10,000+ year old dire avenger being fueled by the everlasting rage of khorne.

Harlequins are eldar who are dedicated to the Laughing God Cegorach. They don't need soulstones because on death, their soul goes to him except for solitaires who play the role of Slaanesh in their plays.

Can Dark Eldar become normal Eldar and normal Eldar Dark Eldar? And same for Exodites I guess?

>For some reason people think they would be ultra-powerful Farseers empowered by Slaanesh, but this makes absolutely no sense since Slaanesh desires to consume Eldar souls above everything else, and Slaanesh isn't known or having restraint.
Probably because it was outright mentioned in the older Eldar codices that Chaos Eldar are extremely rare but among the most powerful servants of Chaos. In order for the other gods to bother protecting your soul from Slaanesh (or for Slaanesh to decided not to consume your soul), you'd probably have to do some pretty impresive stuff.

>khorne eldar champion literally fueled by vengeful rage at the whore god for destroying his people and just descending into madness exasperated by constant war and reincarnation.
>slaaneshi demons gets fear for the one eldar they cannot consume and constantly reincarnates to kill some more.

He can and does still gamble for solitaires' souls though, and every once in a while he even wins.

Yeah, I recall hearing this, but apocryphally - always at one remove.

The closest you'll probably get to it these days is a slim, slight, slaaneshi demon prince with a shitton of gifts that kicks massive amounts of ass

They're the same race. The distinction between them is in how they choose to avoid She Who Thirsts.

Theoretically, a Dark Eldar could get a soul stone and stop needing to raid, or a craftworld Eldar could ditch the soulstone and join up with the nearest DE raiding party.
But the culture shock and bad blood between them would be too much for it to really work out, most likely.

Kinda. Dark eldar can become craftworlders, but aren't allowed to speak. There's a book on it. I doubt craftworlders can join their dark kin, they have severed their psychic potential for martial prowess.
But, i suppose if they can keep up with game of thrones on heroin without space magic, they'd survive.

All Eldar souls are forfeit to Slaanesh.

Considering it's possible for Cegorah to wrest the soul of the solitaire from Slaanesh's grasp, it should be possible for another Chaos God to do the same. You'd have to be pretty impressive for them to bother, though. Like, Kharn or Lucius level.

I figure Cegorach has an advantage over the Chaos Gods since he and Slaanesh are still both members of the Eldar Pantheon, but I admit I'm pulling that out of my ass.

there're more than a handful, actually. and you're right.
>Eldrad was a junior farseer at the time of The Fall
>Asurmen was a civvie old enough to start thinking about doing dark shit to get his kicks since normal stuff didn't cut it.
>Most other pheonix lords were either from pre-fall or were born during the fall.

Literal the same thing.

>inquisitor
>wearing harlequin garb and a harlequin's kiss

uhhhh wot?
I'm gonna need some context here

Only they're doing it with Cegorach, the one Eldar God still fully functional and is enough of a dick to cuck Slaanesh. The Eldar Gods are nothing like the Chaos Gods in that they don't consume souls

They can join the Dark Eldar, although I'm not sure they'd be able to stay in Commoragh. A craftworlder ranger joined a Corsair crew tied to A kabal once and started doing some dark shit iirc.

I like it

Not really, they mostly venerate Arhra and that's mostly respect rather than worship.

what is DE versions of sorcs?

It's possible for corsairs that go far enough to eventually become full-on DE. The outcast ranger in Path of the Renegade started developing the Thirst after living the DE livestyle, whcih was one of his reasons for doing a heel-face turn and getting the fuck out of Commorragh before it was too late

Pretty much this, Dark Eldar would find life on a craftworld deeply unsatisfying and dull, craftworlders would last about thirty seconds in Commorragh, twenty nine of those only because the swarm of hellions tracking them were busy trying to figure out what kind of ruse it was.

So let me get this right
Tszeetch eldar may be harlequins
Slaneshi eldar get eaten and aren't converted
Khorne eldar are turned into demons

How about nurgle?

I thought the reason solataire don't get their souls eaten or saved is because they're blanks?

Bronislaw Czevak, the only non-Eldar to ever step foot in the Black Library. He's the foremost expert on the Eldar in the Imperium and has done a ton of crazy shit. He's basically a heretic, but is too useful and high up in the Inqusition to be properly persecuted.

that was the old lore iirc. It changed from forced blanks to damned blanks

>Tszeetch eldar may be harlequins
What.

Man that's hilarious,
>Ahriman's face when

Actually Ahriman interrogated him about it, but didn't get anything useful. Czevak then escaped.

He also is the one who said the "There is a terrible darkness descending upon the galaxy, and we shall not see it ended in our lifetimes." Quote originally, which now gets referred to for every looming threat in 40k.

So Eldar Doomguy.

Inquisitors who become immune to Chaos are sometimes granted access to the Black library and I would assume that has something to do with this.

sorry, linked to tzeetch some how.

They literally offer sacrifices to the giant statue of Khaine in each one of their temples

there are BL novels that tell about dark eldars trying to make it as craftworlders
they're different races now.
Dark eldar are stronger, pale-skinned, with black eyes, more predatory features, and have an atrophied psychic potential

I had an idea for an eldar serving tzeench, though his intention was to become a more powerful psyker than big E rather than just to save himself from slaanesh. He is still pissed that his new master lied and couldn't give him that much power, and the feeling that tzeench will sacrifice him to slaanesh if it results in a very favorable trade.

I think the more pertinent question is why is Richard O'Brien an inquisitor?

>immune to chaos

What now?

That would be the most hard core run of The Crystal Maze ever!

Pure Faith is a thing. Basic, you believe in the power of the Emperor SO HARD and your soul is SO PURE, you become essentially immune to the warping effects of Chaos. While you can still actively CHOOSE to fall to Chaos, Chaos cannot indirectly corrupt you or taint you because you're so pure of soul.

The level of faith you have to have, though, is astounding, and very, very, VERY few people achieve that level of blessing and force of will to benefit from the Pure Faith.

> blood rage and constant anger
> sensual enjoyment of murder

passion killing vs serial killer fetishist

You reminded me about that there is a Forge World with full autoritation from Terra of fuck around with xenotech, and now (I heard) they can build Webway gates of their own and joined the hunt for the Black Library.
>The humie webway project lives again.

Styges VIII, or however it's spelled, isn't actually authorized.

isn't it a "we're doing it and you cant do shit about it, nerds. So sit the fuck don while we invent useful shit for everyone" situation?

>Khaine
Didn't he refuse the sacrifice?

This. As a disciple of Asurmen, Arhra was a scion of Khaine too.

This is a matter of perspective, especially because we also lack details about just why the DE look the way they do. It could be attributable to a combination of the Thirst and artificial biological alterations, or not. We don't know.

We know at least that psychic ability is intentionally supressed among the DE.

Old lore made that connection, but it's been out of favour for years.

Nope. It's a secret heresy. Deathwatch is constantly in there shooting up the place.

There's a FFG Rogue Trader adventure about a Chaos-corrupted Craftworld that was flying around the Koronus Expanse Exterminatusing planets by sucking out the souls of everything living from orbit.

It didn't have any living Eldar inside it, but it was animated by the soul stones of its original inhabitants, who had worked out a deal with Chaos to feed them the souls they'd harvested in exchange for not getting eaten by Slaanesh. The only infantry they had were "Aspect Shells", which were empty suits of Aspect Warrior armor animated by the Chaos-corrupted souls of their original wearers.

The story of the adventure deals with the PCs trying to stop a Chaos-aligned human pirate lord from taking it over and using it as a weapon against the Imperium, by helping some non-corrupted Eldar take it over instead.

There was another FFG Rogue Trader adventure where the PCs get asked by a Dark Eldar Archon who got kicked out of the webway outpost she used to co-rule to infiltrate said webway outpost and oust the current ruler so that she can take it over again; one of the possible endings for the adventure involves cucking her and recapturing the whole thing for humanity to rule over instead.

If you're capable of fighting off the random Dark Eldar gangers and not totally retarded, it's totally possible for humans and Craftworld Eldar to survive in Dark Eldar territory.

>Eldar gods
>still relevant
I don't think I like this meme anymore, Veeky Forums

IIRC, the most common place people with Pure Faith show up is in the Adeptus Sororitas as the Living Saints.

The fact that the most overtly devout group in the Imperium whose entire capacity for combat is based around weaponizing faith only has about 3-4 at any one time gives a pretty good indication for how absurdly rare these people are.

>> Eldar Gods
>> meme
>Cegorach
>Irrelevant
He's the only functioning Eldar God still alive. And the reason Harlequins are even a thing, and i haven't said anything about the others because they're all dead, and one's been ripped apart,

what the fuck are you on about?

> but I admit I'm pulling that out of my ass.

Indeed because we examples of Eldar souls being claimed by other Chaos Gods.

In the 6th ED Daemon codex, we have Nurgle claiming the souls of Eldar warlocks who intruded upon his realm.

In the Coven supplement, we have example of Homunculus group who invade a Khornate daemon world. They are all killed and Khorne claims their souls and then forces them to fight forever upon the world.

In the Dark Eldar Path series, there is a Tzeentchian Eldar warlock.

Nice headcanon jackass.

Not even the Harlequin's are immune to Chaos.

THEY'RE DEAD

EVERY SINGLE ELDAR CULTURE REVOLVES AROUND KEEPING THEMSELVES FROM BEING DEVOURED BY SLAANESH

READ BOOKS

Cegorach is destined to die by the hands of Slaanesh in the End Times. Ynnead birth is suppose to prevent that, as before the finally blow is struck she would pounce at Slaanesh.

As we all know, Eldrad botched the whole Ynnead thing. Cegorach's fate is sealed.

>Caps lock
>Is wrong
>Read books
The irony hurts a little bit.

Exodites don't give a shit bout Slaanesh, bro.

Yes, they do. Their World Spirits and life style are there to protect them from Slaanesh.

I don't know, utter blind faith achieving a warpy miracle is different to knowing the existence of a deity and relying on them.

Kind of like how Eldar seers conpare themselves and human psykers. Brute forcing with raw willpower rather than finesse

I still refuse to believe the shitty little narrative whoever wrote for that promo box just to sell the new eldrad model with harlequins. They didn't even include the bloody clown car.

>I still refuse to believe the shitty little narrative whoever wrote for that promo box just to sell the new eldrad model with harlequins.

We've been given years to learn that the End Times are not just another Black Crusade or Chaos wank which can be annulled by some Eldar or Mannish trump card. They are inevitable.

Oh I know, I agree with the inevitability of the Rhana Dandra.

What I call bullshit is the part where Eldrad pulls a pants on head retard shtick for GW to sell a box to put the deathwatch in the spotlight.

>Cegorach is destined to die by the hands of Slaanesh in the End Times
That doesn't make him irrelevant. He and his Harlequins are still a factor in the universe.

There was once a Dark Eldar that decided to stop doing what he was doing. He joined the Striking Scorpions or something.

>He and his Harlequins are still a factor in the universe.
Not anymore, the best where they could be involved is unification of eldars during the End Times.

The plan that they can been working towards for 10K years was shot to shit. That makes all their striving pointless and utterly relevant.

Quit your headcanon.

yeah, hes from path of the warrior

Cegorach's got his own plan going on to try bypass the rhana dandra. which also explains a lot of why what harlequins do differ or outright conflict with what the craftworlders do.

>quit your headcanon
You're the one spewing headcanon based off of one box. Have you even read any of the eldar novels?

>Cegorach's got his own plan going on to try bypass the rhana dandra.
And plan was create Ynnead with using only dead eldars souls. Now eldars pass the point of noreturn.

>You're the one spewing headcanon based off of one box

You mean citing official lore from a GW product. And Eldar novels such as Valedor revolve around awakening Ynnead. The Ynnead thing was botched to0 hell.

Eat a dick.

Alright, when did they retcon that the Harlequins fight their own fights against Chaos in the webway, that the Black Library contains all the secrets and that the Harlequins work as mediators between CEWs, DEldar and Exodites? Oh, and wasn't it the Harlequins that showed humanity how to protect their psykers from the influence of chaos? Got this retconned too?

Ynnead had nothing to do with Cegorachs plan as originally mentioned in the harlequon dex.

ynnead was only mentioned in passing from spirit seers and the like until they decided to lump the two together to sell that one mistake of a jewish shilling they called a box

>citing official lore
> from one book
6 books from the path, hand of asuryan, and 3 different codexes say otherwise.

who's due for a dick in the mouth, asshat?

>Ynnead had nothing to do with Cegorachs plan as originally mentioned in the harlequon dex.
Read the fluff, it was harlequins who told Eldrad how to make Ynnead without killing all eldars and gives him special device to unite all souls from infinite cycles.

Just saying that all their efforts ended up with a net zero in the end.

Wrong, in the eldar novels, (DERP READ THE ELDAR NOVELS HURR), Ynnead plays a crucial role in the new version of the Dance without End. Slaanesh corners Cegorach and proceed to nom nom him. Ynnead shows up and saves Cegorach and defeats Slaanesh.

With Ynnead botched, the old version will hold true and Cegorach will die.

>6 books from the path, hand of asuryan, and 3 different codexes say otherwise.

They do not.

All of them built up to Death Masque. I hope you like the taste of dick in your mouth.

>Just saying that all their efforts ended up with a net zero in the end
Just saying that all their efforts in the past weren't to make this one thing work.

All this reminds me of WHFB where all the heroes plans to save the world from Chaos ended exploding in their faces.

That's about what people hoping.

Dark Eldar don't do the whole psyker thing

Oh they do psykers Well done over white hot coals, skinned and on a spit-roast.

Old lore was that Solitaires are doomed by their role, as they are now. I'm not sure if Cegorach fighting/tricking Slaanesh for Solitaires' souls is still mentioned, though there are lots of little things like that which quietly disappear from codex fluff only to crop up again later in a BL story, White Dwarf, or even another codex. The explicit existence of Eldar Chaos Champions is itself one such example, Khaine being the bastard child of Khorne and Slaanesh another (the latter technically wasn't in a codex but whatever).

>spit-roast
O-oh my.

I'm glad that the Harlequins got more focus than these blokes, Harlequins are far more interesting.

let me in kid im a clown