Are Ogres popular on Veeky Forums? I imagine they are very relatable for you guys

Are Ogres popular on Veeky Forums? I imagine they are very relatable for you guys
>fat
>stupid
>obsessed with eating

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Gnoblar_Horde:_The_Unwashed_Masses
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're forgetting we're also mantles by and large.
Which is why dorfs are so popular
come on user step up your bants

B8master user strikes again.

I genuinly like them for some reason, and I'm a skinny guy.

Only fat guys can call each other fat, OP

They're my favorite fantasy army.
The satisfaction when you charge an opponent and completely wreck face with your impact hits is a fantastic sensation.

So is an ironblaster with flaming sword on it. Automatic Wounds motherfucker.

I'll have you know I'm thin, of average intelligence and obsessed with masturbation.

I really do Like giant hungry hungry mongols. Really looking forward to their release in Total Warhammer.

My favourite were always the leadbelchers, and Rhinox's were the best too. When I collected back in the day I arranged to swap all my Mournfang heads with another blokes Rhinox heads so I could do up by mournfangs as rhinox cavalry. I stopped collecting before it amounted to anything, but the idea of Giant hungry mongols charging down the mountain on ancient furry rhinos was baller.

>mfw I start collecting a year before WHFB gets dropped
>mfw when it took me that long to get together a decent little OK force
>mfw they're just sitting in a box now, not eating a damn thing

I think it's an aesthetic thing, at least for me. They have that Nurgle level of durability but they're not nearly as godawfully hideous - just kind of generally ugly. They're sort of a middle ground between Chaos and Orks, but also their own thing. It's difficult to explain.

Age of Sigmar matched play?

The old rules still exist, and so do other people who wants to play by them.

You just need to find friends who play outside of officially supported gamesworkshop setttings.

For serious, if you have access to transportation and dont live in like, tibet, you will be able to find a tabletop gaming group on facebook or google hangouts.

The thing is though, Ogres are fucking hella playable in AoS. At the beginning, they were probably the best army since the butcher's unique spell is really fucking good and ironguts are kinda bonkers. Stonehorns and thundertusks are really fucking good too

I wasn't very thrilled with the initial rules that were put out for AoS. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it just didn't interest me.

Is matched play different rules? I've heard that they were working on competitive rules for AoS.

Either way I should give it an actual shot. Did we actually need to change bases for the models, or can we just mix squares and rounds?

I really should get out there and look. I'm just a little nervous that I never got any games in before the system became antiquated. So I'm not expecting very many other newbies like me.

I really like Ogres. They're the unit filler you can use in any theme in any army.

GW needs far more of that. Factions that are interested in gain, not just "Chaos and the other guys who hate each other".

That's why 40k sucks ass. Half the factions in the game are one single faction, and their lore explanation for fighting is that somebody went full-retard.

Matched play is the same rules but with points
they also added allegiance abilities and magic items Ogres themselves got divided into two (Okay, five, but the giants and firebellies are two factions that consist of one model at the moment and maneaters are maneaters.) seperate factions, your footslogging gutbusters, and your beast riding beastclaws.
The gutbusters currently don't have their own unique command trait, allegiance ability, or magic items since they haven't been updated, so they just us the default "Destruction" ones (Which are still really good, like each of your units getting an extra D6 movement EVERY TURN). They consist of all the footslogging ogres, gorgers, gnoblars and the ogre warmachines.
Beastclaws on the other hand DO have their own updated book with unique magic items, command traits, a REALLY good faction ability (Bonus move, reroll saves, or everything in melee with one of your dudes takes unsaveable damage on every one of your turns). The downside is that they don't have any unique spells unlike the other two armies that got books after points were introduced, but that's cause they have no wizards. This isn't a big deal though since thundertusks are BASICALLY wizards and there's even a variant that can heal. Beastclaws consist of mournfangs, three flavors of each stonehorn and tundertusk riders, hunters, sabertusks, and yhetees for some reason.
It's worth noting you can mix and match armies with the same grand allegiance as you please (So your gutbusters could have a doom diver catapult as backup or even an arachnarok if you wanted.) it's just that certain units won't count as core if you do that, and in the beastclaw case, you can't take any of their "Beastclaw only" stuff

Would you, Veeky Forums?

Not the user you're replying to, but can you still take any model in the game in the same army? Or are there restrictions now?
Is there a core tax or limits on replicating characters?

Because I kind of feel like all of those things are necessary before I consider playing, and I miss playing.

They also have layers.

Warhammer Fantasy Ogress or Monster Masume Ogress?

No for the first unless she learned to bathe once a day, yes to the second but only with the interest in a continued romantic relationship.

I'd let her shove her throbbing horn up my skinny ass until I cum into my own mouth

All the models in the game but ONE are divided up into one of four groups, Chaos, Order, death and Destruction. in matched play as long as EVERY one of the models in your army belongs to one of those four and ONLY one of those four you're fine.
Matched play has what's called "Battleline" which at different points thresholds you need to have a certain numer of units that fill that roll in your army. Some units are only battleline if every other unit in your army shares the same faction (A great example of this is your mornfang calvalry, which are only battleline if all your army is beastclaw) and there are a handful of other units that only count as battleline if you have a certain general (Sabertusks and hunters are another example).
You cn only have one of a named character in your army. But at the moment, aside from legacy characters, ogres don't have any named dudes. Bragg and golgfag got turned into normal maneaters (model wise) and Skrag is just an alterneate loadout for butchers now. Which actually makes him better cause the butcher spell is so nuts?

Ogres WERE my favorite army. Were. Then the 8th edition army book came out and ruined everything.

The tone shifted completely. It would have been so easy to fix the army, but they botched it all.

What was the tone you liked?

look up 9th age and tell the AoS fags to off themselves for supporting literal cancer.

This is original user

I'm genuinely interested in having my army mix with others, I always liked Ogres as mercenaries.

I may have to look into this.

I've looked at it. Prefer 8E.

I love how the nips treat 2 meters like an impossibu human height

Sadly though the only armies you can mix with for now is Orcs and goblins, but there's like, 6 differet flavors of that to go with now so take your pick.
If you do forge world you could also do Fimir, since they're getting new stuff soonish too... Already got a new model and we have a point value for a fimir leader model we have no rules for

Personally, I'm a fan of animated armors.

Would I

Savage, idiot brutes centered around the Great Maw. The new Ogres mix in worship of that damn volcano, they're practically erudite, and the new units are completely nonsensical. That's the worst part of it all, it would have been SO EASY to fix the army book.

I waited years for that book, and it killed me.

Ogre dump? Ogre dump. It's been along time since I've gotten to post these.

Ogres a shit for prostate stim. Scylla is the way to go.

Also make best waifu

New ogres worship gork and/or mork due to shit that happened in the end times. The volcano worshippers got shaved off as the firebellies faction and the beastclaw faction is a group of ogres that SOMEHOW got cursed to have eternal winter follow them so they have to keep moving and eating. I think gutbusters are closer to the OG ogres.
They're still erudite though, so that might be a problem for you

GNOBLAR RISE UP! RACE WAR NOW

1d4chan.org/wiki/Gnoblar_Horde:_The_Unwashed_Masses

Mate the problem with everything you just said is that it's AoS. The End Times never happened in my book, let alone anything after that.

Natch.

This is hilarious. I didn't realize that was a thing either. Gonna have to download that WD. Gnoblars are honestly one of the best parts of the setting. I still remember encountering boglars in Mourkain in Warhammer Online for the first time and scrambling off to wikis to find out what they even were.

I like ogre kingdoms for multiple reasons.

Legitimate cause to fight whomever and have ogres all over the world.
Big and strong but still not super stupid. They're slow witted but they can still be clever.
They have a neat culture where they worship their god out of fear and that god could very well not actually exist and just be a natural event.
They fucking ate a shit ton of giants and stole their shit, they're better orcs.

Ogres are muscular too though, I doubt anyone here is in any kind of good physical condition.

The 1d4 guys have been doing good shit lately, I keep seeing pages for things I hadn't seen before.

Never really cared for gorgers

The ogres in my setting are inbred to near non-functionality, surviving almost exclusively as The Hill's have eyes style Family-Clans.

The PC's main quest has led them to an ancient pocket dimension with some of the last examples of non-freak ogres, and they look a lot like dwarves, which is greatly disturbing to the dwarven giant slayers in the party, who's religion teaches all giant-kin, especially Ogres, are unclean.

>Big and strong but still not super stupid. They're slow witted but they can still be clever.
Can you give me a good example of this?

Because you're empty inside?

They're like Ghouls, but lame.

It'd have helped if they had a character to sell them that someone would want to base an army off of.

Spiders and space marine orks are fine, honestly. I've always loved the spiders but never had the money to field a whole army, this seems like the perfect chance to get a few, without having to commit to an entire new list.

oh god what the fuck.

Why do you own 1000 Gnoblars?

I have ~4000 points of ogres and I own 0 Gnoblars.

Why would you buy that many?

Uh because the gnoblars are one of the best parts of the army? Throw some sharp stuff fag

Its from the wiki so it may be entirely fucking wrong but
>"Little Empire people scared. I say, “hokay, don’t bother me none.” They scared, they pay on time, they keep me fed."
>—Blorg, Ogre Maneater.
Slow and dumber than a man, yes, but he's smart enough to take advantage of a natural talent that ogres don't really focus on. They're clever enough that they can shift their economy from slaughter and barter to actual currency fairly quickly. They have a good enough grasp of tactics given that they could just relegate every battle to "charge". They're not too smart but given how ogres are typically depicted as being too stupid to even realize shit like they're about to die (the hobbit), warhammer ogres are pretty smart. Also do ogryns seem dumber than ogres to anyone or is that just me?

Naw Ogryn are definitely dumber, especially compared to "modern" ogres.

Coming to realize I should have dumped this in the WHF General thread. Especially since it died while I was posting here.

I didn't realise Ogres were THAT big compared to humans. Fighting one would be fucking terrifying.

That's partially perspective, and partially the fact that that's the biggest ogre to ever live. They're all about twice the height of a man though.

I have found that comment to be unkind.

I much prefer ogres looking like this, thick and muscled, rather than the massive rolls of fat that befit Goldtooth.

that derp giant is both funny and scary as shit

Well this is cool art, too bad it's just a drawing

>derp
He looks dead almost. Like a fucking ghoul, gaunt faced and empty eyed but you know he will eat you when he gets the chance. Like early Attack on Titan before the titan-shifting shonen bullshit happened.

OH SHI-

man I wish they still made the gw hussars

Anyone remember Scriptarius?

I want to fuck an oni!

You hit the nail on the head.

This sure is cool art. Sucks that they never released this tyrant

AGAIN?

>tfw you miss Warhammer Online