Can someone here please explain to me what the appeal of Pendragon is...

Can someone here please explain to me what the appeal of Pendragon is? The only thing I've heard about it was that it was based on King Arthur and that you play multiple characters of the course of the game.

You get to play a chivalrous Christian knight and virtuously court chaste Christian maidens.

I'd rather play as a chaste Christian maiden and be virtuously courted by chivalrous Christian knights. What system do I play?

Wicked chivalrous.

Pendragon

And if I want to be a chivalrous Christian maiden who is chastely courted by Christian virtue?

What's the appeal of a game nobody knows about or plays? Why are threads these days so garbage and nonsensical?

Do you like classless systems?
Do you like knights?
Do you like Christian myths?
Do you like Celtic/Welsh myths?
Do you like English mythic history?
Do you like films like Excalibur?
Do you like Le Morte de Arthur, the Once and Future King, and a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court?
Do you like generational epics where your characters will die of old age and may pass on their lands, castles, and magic items to their sons and daughters, who will become your characters in turn, and will have children of their own?

If you have answered yes to at least two of those questions, then Pendragon will be worth your time. It's well researched, but not a slave to history or one particular version of the myth. It's a Legendary Britain, where Camelot can come alive. Go forth good Sirs. Seek the grail. Woo Christian maidens with your knightly virtues, combat monsters and robber knights, and go with the Grace of God.

I'm not even Christian and I love the shit out of Pendragon.

It probably has the most well thought out system for land ownership and management not to mention running a dynasty

You're right, Veeky Forums should be all about pathfinder. Who need any other inferior game!

Pathfinder should do a Pendragonborn set of rules.

Well, there are other people on this board so one thing you can do with other people is learn about stuff. Or you could just converse inside your own head. Your choice.

This makes me want to play it. I've sorta wanted to play it already but never gotten to. Not sure I've seen a copy IRL just heard of it. Now I want to.

>The Game of Quest, Romance & Adventure
One of those things is highly coveted by Veeky Forums

Guess which one

>I'd rather play as a chaste Christian maiden and be virtuously courted by chivalrous Christian knights. What system do I play?
Pendragon

Nice. Also:

OGABOGA WHERE DA SCANZ AT?!!

>a game nobody knows about or plays?
lel, newfag

>second.jpg

We don't like games all that much, do we?

I don't mind a good magical realm thread now and then but don't delude yourself, Veeky Forums.

You can also play an Irish pagan knight, Eastern Orthodox Byzantine knight, Jewish knight or dusky Saracen using the supplements. The Jewish knight and Saracen are interesting because they're based off medieval legends rather than reality.

>The Game of Quest, Romance & Adventure
>One of those things is highly coveted by Veeky Forums
>Guess which one
Let's see
>Quest
nah
>Romance
nah
>Adventure
nah
Hmm, I got nothing, wait...
>Game
It's that one, right?

>Romance
>nah
You sure about that?

>I'm not even Christian and I love the shit out of Pendragon.
Same.

It was made by a person so autistic he makes most of Veeky Forums look like Hugh Hefner, and it really, really shows.

>Jewish knight
So a Knight Templar?

Yep.

Well, I admire your commitment to that belief. Keep on truckin' man.

I've got a better summary user.

DO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS LIKE CHIVALRY?

DO YOU WANT TO PLAY BRETONNIA: GRAIL KNIGHT SIMULATOR?

THEN GET THE FUCKING BOOK, YOU FUCKIN PEASANT

I have the Book of Knights and Ladies that has all the character creation options in it if anyone wants to check it out. You can even be the fair maiden in this game if you like.

>tfw nobody is going to get my joke.

Well post it anyway user.

this

>I'm not even Christian and I love the shit out of Pendragon.
And how is that anything weird? I mean, tou totally can play celtic pagan opposed to christianity by core
Now that's bullshit. Not everyone with taste for deep, complicated stuff is autistic. And certainly not in the way Pendragon is.
Being able to create organic, well thought worlds with lot of detail that makes sense and draws lot of well-understood real world inspirations is opposite to what autists do. Autists are incapable of non-binary thinking, use label-box mentality and put everything into rigid schematics. They may be good at sciences where this sort of rigid thinking is required but they suck at humanities, with al they intricacies. That's why most Veeky Forums-related stuff is shit and fells fake and stupid.
While Pendragon (and Glorantha, other work of same guy) is actually opposite.
Also he was a laid-back hippie casually scoring chicks which is quite contrasting to basement proto-nerds that created, for example, D&D.

Though to be honest, by current year even the latest edition of Pendragon is showing it's age, especially that it has lot of decades old Holy Cows and suffers a lot from being basically work of one guy and one perspective. That's why Mythic Britain supplement for RQ6 (highly inspired by Pendragon by the way) seems to me much more valid as a game today.

You could also say that system-wise, it offers some interesting changes from other BRP games of the time, like Elric!/Stormbringer, Runequest and Hawkmoon (eg. stats and skill rolls with 1d20 instead of 1d100, brutal and very simple combat system, Passion/Virtue system, rules for tourneys, rules for seducing noble maidens, cool character creation system taking family into account, etc.).

bump

You got a PDF of that user?

bump

Found both this and Pendragon through a quick look in the PDF share thread archive.