Excuse me brother librarian...

Excuse me brother librarian, but how did the God-Emperor's grand battlefleets traverse the galaxy during the Great Crusade?

The technology needed to travel faster than light without the use of the Warp has surely been lost since the Dark Age of Technology. Yet without the light of the Astronomican to guide them, traversing the Warp would be suicide.

Other urls found in this thread:

scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/23694/how-did-mankind-travel-through-the-warp-during-the-great-crusade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When the fuck is this shitty game gonna get its containment board.

You seem to be mistaken Mr Poorly Photoshopped Man. The Emperor and the psykers powering the astronmicon were around from the beginning of the Great Crusade.

Perhaps a little more lurking and a little less posting might serve you well in the future.

Veeky Forums is the containment board. Deal with it.

wew lad, get a load of this supreme faggot

t. Über Gaylor

>Perhaps a little more lurking and a little less posting might serve you well in the future.

Damn...Savage af...

Newfag reeeeeee. Veeky Forums was created as a containment board, specifically for WH40k.

Seriously, stop trying to force these shitty /tv/ photoshops on Veeky Forums already.

Astronomican was around during the Great Crusade, Magnus' message to Emps caused it to become fucked up and require a guy to constantly power it.

>this old lie again

You 40kids can stop that already.
You're never going to stop with your "muh warhammer wednesdays" meme, are you?

For one thing, 40k was never banned from /b/. Can't really call it a containment board if it was never contained on that board. Really, those WW threads were not really as important as you sort of wish they were.

Secondly, D&D was big in /co/, /v/, and /b/, and there were always scatterings of other games as well on those boards, along with random 40k threads outside of /b/. At some point, moot said "hey, there's these game threads in these boards that aren't comics or video games, maybe I should make a board for them." Hence, why it's called Veeky Forums and not /40k/.

If you have any evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

You yourself might be mistaken. According to: scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/23694/how-did-mankind-travel-through-the-warp-during-the-great-crusade

>It is uncertain how faster-than-light travel was done in the Dark Age of Technology before the Astronomican existed, though it can be safely assumed that a form of faster than light travel that is non-dependent on entering Warpspace and may be similar to Necron phase drive technology was used. Warhammer 40K Wikia, Astronomican

>Magnus' message to Emps caused it to become fucked up and require a guy to constantly power it.
Wrong. Magnus's warning destroyed the Emperors webway project. Him sitting on the Golden Throne has nothing to do with the Astronomicon but has to do with stopping the demons pouring in from the destroyed webway gate.

Specifically said in the Outcast Dead that the Astronomican was thrown into disarray thanks to Magnus.

>but how did the God-Emperor's grand battlefleets traverse the galaxy during the Great Crusade?
He wasnt asking about the DAoT. My answer was about the Emperors battlefleets as he asked.

Nope, chicken of proof man. WH40K was the driving force behind Veeky Forums creation. I was lurking back then since I was on SA. Similar thing also happened on SA. Older fa/tg/uys can confirm.

So, zero proof.
No wonder you're in this shitty forced meme thread.

Yes because Magnus's warning was so powerful that when it was released (two or three years later that is) it disrupts the psykers powering the astronmicon and the latent psykers within the population on Terra.

Newfag fuck off. What's your proof them, hmmm? Funfact, newfag, pre-Nazi mod, these sort of threads brought out the best of Veeky Forums creative juices. People like you who whine too much and complained to daddy mod ruined the place.

Because Slaanesh's birth had a calming effect on the warp. Based on other sources (the lore of pre-GC Ultramar, for example) warp travel is possible without the Astronomicon, it's just more dangerous.

Don't bother. These shithead newfaggots are on the same spectrum as those turboautists who campaigned for years to ban quests frm Veeky Forums

>wah people don't like my forced meme

>What's your proof them
You made the first claim when you said Veeky Forums was created explicitly for 40k. The burden of proof lies with you.

>WAH MUH PRECIOUS BOARD IS TAINTED WITH 40KIDS AND GENERALS AND STUFF.
Lurk moar, newfags. You're the reason tg is dying instead of what you claim is killin it.

I don't play 40k but I actually really enjoy these threads. I just wanted to point out that your proofposting was retarded.

!!!
I was just going to post a similar question.
If the Emperor on Terra is crucial to the working of the Astronomican in M40, then how could the Imperium ships travel the Warp, when the Emperor travelled , being isolated from the Warp by the strongest gellar fields available?

>dumb tripfag
>necromances a forced meme thread

Like pottery.

The astronomican is a device located on Terra. The Emperor powered it himself during the Great Crusade. In 40k he simply directs it as it is powered by the psykers of the Adeptus Astronomica.

I agree.

Traversing the Warp without the Astronomican can be done, it's just much more difficult and easier to get lost. The Astronomican turned it from "every jump is dangerous" to "It's mostly, kinda sorta, safe"

The question was already answered.

user probably didn't see it

Shame that Veeky Forumss 40k threads have fallen so far.