Lets design a space hulk boys, what spooky things go on inside of it? What vessels is it made of...

Lets design a space hulk boys, what spooky things go on inside of it? What vessels is it made of? Where does it appear and for how long?
Whatever else that's missing as well.

>It's not crushed into a sphere by its own gravitational pull.

Lame hulk bro.

>Not even 100km long

Are you even TRYING to make a space hulk?

The largest ship in the hulk is an Emperor Class battle ship lost during the Great Crusade.

Jesus fuck, so it's a fucking new hulk. What is imagination?
It's only got, what, 100 ships stuck together? Probably a lot of descendents of the previous crews are still alive, devolving into blind, cannibalistic, chaos-tainted body-horrors.

The Techno Organic Fabrication Unit has malfunctioned. The tech priest would really like it in working order, don't let a little thing like nightmare inducing body horror disappoint them.

>Not even 8000 km

What is this, a space hulk for ANTS?

Would there be a functioning society holding off the mutated horrors in small pockets of gellar fields?

A techpriest has hard-wired himself into one of the derelict ships's engineria. The space around him is now a clogged mass of pipes and pistons. He is immobile, but growing. Already he has encompassed three cruisers. He sends bands of servitor creatures across the rest of the hulk, seeking out the remaining techpriests from the other ships, wanting to assimilate then into his cancerous mechanical form.

Human raiders.
They live on a bunch of wrecks that still have functionnal gellar fields, and resupply by attacking nearby ships and space stations every time the hulk enters realspace.
Of course, some mutations and corrupting influences are to be expected in such a population.

>not large enough to have enough mass to be just on the cusp of collapsing inwards on itself and fueling its own short lived fusion.

Pfffft

You know it, big boy. They trade breedstock (re: children) amongst eachother, hoping to prolong their genetic viability as they wait for the Emperor to come and save them and repair the fields. He better come quick, too, because the caravans are getting more and more likely to disappear on their way between Holds, and the fields are flickering more and more quickly.

is there a program to design 40k Ships?

Yeah normally it's either mutants, orks, or tyranids. It would actually be refreshing if there was a space hulk where at least a significant part of it was inhabited by normal humans desperately clinging to life. (Perhaps while fending off chaos/orks/whatever.)

They could still be villains if you want. In a way it's more interesting because humans can be terrifying villains just in themselves.

Also a really cool idea. Space Hulks have gotten too predictable and cliche.

YOUR FANTASIES CAN NEVER BE QUENCHED
WHEN WILL YOU LEARN

bigger

I really dig this, sort of a Soma vibe to it? Unknowable tech-horror perhaps combined with those Dead Space moons?

There's a grand and oddly well-maintined dining hall (possibly from a lost rogue trader's vessel) near the heart of the hulk, complete with seemingly fresh food.

There's a single disgusting little goblin that likes to go around tugging on people's dicks, but noone is ever able to catch him. He knows the ship too well. Needless to say, he's been killing morale for all who dare board the vessel.

What's the deal with that ship?

I like it, I suppose they'd have developed strange practices and systems to ward off the immaterium and have to deal with the cancerous techpriest spreading around

Getting there. Needs to be a liiittle bit bigger.

The idea of a space hulk that has some warpy shit going on to make its internals infinite would be a way cool campaign setting.

When the P.I.M. Paticalliem activates the whole hulk shrinks to 1 percent of its starting size, it is now impossible to send reinforcements or supplies over.

They don't like talking about the Tech Men. They steal boys from their beds and make them like them. It's more than one mum that's seen a faintly whirring shadow with the face of their dead child.

Sometimes, though, a trade must be performed. The Engineer will send his Tech Men to repair the fields, or restore power where there was none, if your loved one meets his requirements.

And once again, 40kids have no sense of scale. Yes, ships in 40k are massive, but to approach moon size is ridiculous.

At least Lexicanum gives the size of a Mars Class battlecruiser at about 33 megatons. To build a space hulk out of that that would be equal in mass to Phobos, a pretty small moon, all things considered, you'd need about 3200 of them.

I've never heard of a space hulk with that many constituent ships.

>Enter a room with your squad
>Walking
>When half the squad is inside, the door slams shut, another one behind them blocking their way
>They get coated with some sort of black liquid
>Daemonic screeching starts
>Doors open just in time to let you see your friends covered in ever-changing black fluid, accompanied by the screams of the damned
>It's just a ferrofluid
>The screams are carefully hidden voxcasters

As for the nergs and the slannys, there's not much you can do but stay inside the Hold, where the fields keep you safe. If you must venture out, though, there are some things to keep in mind:
Never take the same corridor twice in a row.
Show the Aquilla at every eighth bulkhead.
When the whispers start, don't breath.
Go through grav-sinks feet first.
Keep a spool of wire, blessed by the Chaplain, about each wrist.
Offer a meal to the Void.

I'm sorry, I made a calculation error. 33 megatons is 33* 10^9 kg, not 10^12. That means you need a bit over 3 million ships the size of a Mars class BC to get to phobos mass.

>Infinity
>A real number

Dude humans don't move like that what the fuck is wrong with that animation?

Do the schoolgirls eventually reveal themselves to be eldritch horrors when they shed their skin?

Christ that gif is terrifying to me.

I still see no issue with space hulk Phobos

I see no problem.
They are just fellow Humans doing Human things.
Maybe you are just an alien who doesn't know how we Humans act.

They're hentai lolis. They're not actually people. They're mimics.

And holy fucking shit, the pic of that horrifying loli mimic I had is fucking missing, so I can't make this fucking joke.

>The whole hulk is just a prank made by some necron lord with a sense of humour

Feral society of former crew mutated and twisted covers certain passageways ritualistically slaughtering each other in rituals to keep the world intact. Some of the rituals actually do serve a purpose; twisted, half-remembered maintenance. Most however are just barbaric slaughter.

A thousand years ago, a light picket ship was incorporated into the hulk. The only survivors of the crew were two brothers. They had killed and eaten everyone else on board. They've spent the last millennium playing cat and mouse in the shadows, each trying to murder the other. They don't know or care how they've lived so much longer than a human should. They don't know or care how their bodies have changed, elongated and folded in and around themselves. They can no longer think of anything but hunting the other. In truth, they can no longer think. So when one of them finds you, and slaughters you, and washes down your flesh with your still-warm blood, and uses your mangled corpse to lure in his brother, don't take it personally. He didn't even know you were there.

MENTLEGEN! I BELIEVE I HAVE ACHIEVED THE IMPOSSIBLE! I HAVE FOUND ENOUGH SPACE HULK!

That's almost absurd.

I dig it my mans

Something could be done with the crew of that, if they're still alive. Perhaps they live in some fantasy spreading the Imperial Truth to the rest of the hulk in their own warped sense

A "tiny" warp storm rages somewhere within the hulk, letting loose a minor daemon every once in a while. The area is fortunately completely sealed, and the room it's inside has slowly filled with daemons over time.

And kt's been active for a VERY long time. Enough daemons have been mussed inside that they have coalesced into an iridescent jello of unknown properties from the sheer pressure.

>That's almost absurd
>almost

You have insulted my HONOR, good sir!

UUUHHHHGGG THICKER

2 things:
1. 30 Days of Night Vampires.
2. Squad/Company/Regiment of Guard is trapped on the Hulk. Something sustains them, and their ammo. Unfortunately, zombies. Lots of zombies. And when you get killed you turn into one. And they just keep rising up.

>what spooky things go on inside of it?
This

>what spooky things go on inside of it?
Localized time loops. Sometimes they are beneficial, like abandoned weaponry in these loop zones that has 'refilling' ammunition.

Other times it's bad, such as genestealers/orks/rak'gol that took up residence just keep coming back because their time keeps resetting.

Sometimes it just gets funky as you may have to gain access to passages that require you and a time loop version of yourself to be in two separate places on the hulk at the same time, because the switches require identical genetic signatures.

>What vessels is it made of?
All the things

>that prow
>that aft
Did someone spacehulkify Perturabo's flagship?

A combination of these would make for a torturous space hulk to navigate

An entire Chapter of Loyalist Space Marines patrols the Hulk.
They don't seem to exist on any Imperial records.

Yet.

>You enter a room just in time to see an autocannon swivel to track your leader. However, as you scramble to cover, you realise it's out of ammo.

>A wall is covered in encoded language. Deciphering it reveals it says "Frak Off" in High Gothic about one million times.

>A circular room contains a pedestal with an artifact Power Fist, covered in blood but still completely pure. Its middle finger is extended, and has an impaled genestealer on it.

>A Stasis Field contains what appears to be a guardsman in some sort of hazmat suit, with the faceplate up and the last words of a prayer on his lips. His calm face is at odds with the primed Melta Charge in his hand. Worse, the Field seems very unstable, and might collapse very, very soon. Quite unfortunate, considering how the bomb has one second left on its timer.

>As you step into a room, a Missile Launcher fires in your direction. However, it was not aiming at you: it blasts a previously unheard group of enemies just behind you.

>A beautiful Mars-Luminal Lasrifle can be found on the floor. It still functions perfectly, and lacks any sort of damage. A combat knife is laid next to it, with a red ribbon covering the handle.

>A dead genestealer was left on the floor here. It lost an arm- oh, wait, it's right here. And it was apparently used to beat the xenos to death, too.

>The idea of a space hulk that has some warpy shit going on to make its internals infinite would be a way cool campaign setting.

At the heart of the space hulk is a collection of TARDIS

>No matter what you do any way off is inexplicably unavailable or unreachable

>that acronym
Heh

>Enter a section that appears to be eldar craft. Early eldar as well as the material, while wraithbone, doesn't quite have the same bulbous appearance of the Craftworlder, or the jagged points of the Dark Eldar.

>Scribbled on the walls are various line in their xenos script.

>Running them through a cogitator gets you the following

>Upon this throne I sit, broken hearted
>For I felt a need to make bread
>Yet to my sad revelation, I only farted

Do you guys even warp?

When everything is spacehulk, nothing is

now I must go and listen to Bull of heaven.

Several of the component ships carry IDs known to be in active service.
One of them is your own.

where did this come from.

>it is identical to the ship you arrived on in every way, including the contents of the cabins
>the sole difference is your room, which is locked
>within there is a scale model of the hulk, about four feet long, with an almost impossibly small red arrow labeled "You are Here."
>another reads" They are Here."

>I know that animation

>english translation never

The TOFU is not named for your amusement! It's name clearly defines its function, the benefits of which should be obvious.
I didn't even realise when I was naming it, good catch.

An enormous vault with servitors acting as storage banks for former crewmembers

>space hulk the size of pluto
>dates from the golden age
>result of a massive battle between the Eldar empire and the human federation
>the broken wrecks of the federation ships make imperium ships look like shit in comparison.
>you find a cryostasis pod in one of them
>it contains a federation engineer

He's been in the warp for tens of thousands of years, the chance that the giant titans and ships he designs wont shoot demons is close to zero.

the stasispod has it's own gellar field that remained fully operational the whole time.

>having been trough the worst battle ever seen in the history of the whole galaxy he bluntly refuses to design any sort of weapon

Can he teach us the universal laws?

he can probably teach the admech how to science properly

Then humanity wins.

the last time humans scienced terminator happened