Mining Advice

Seriously, every fucking time I see a faggot posting their mining rigs I get triggered.

Why you dumbfucks install your GPU one right behind the other? Do you even know what's thermal efficiency? It's not rocket science.

You know what is the first part of a mining GPU to fail? It's the fucking fans, because you faggots make them run 24/7 and some epic faggots even make them run at max speed 24/7!!! LOL......

I will share with you some photos, this design provides you the best thermal efficiency while taking into account the components limitations (cable length essentially).
Your mining rig will run smoother (no shutdowns because your cables or risers burned up);
Your mining rig will consume less power;
YOUR GPU FANS LIFESPAN WILL BE 2 to 3 TIMES HIGHER!!!;
Your mining rig will actually look cool.

And, for the last tip, use 1 of those 45cm fans pointed at the 8 GPU's, if you mine Electroneum for example (uses much less power than ETH+Decred), and with a 45cm fan, NOT EVEN 1 of my GPU fans turn on, they all remain at 0%.

This is a serious advice you fucking fags, I want to see you in the lamboland with me.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-NITRO-2xHDMI-Graphics/
amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-1050Ti-GDDR5-PCI/
amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-1060-GDDR5-PCI/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd like someone to say if theres any validity to what you're saying, i have some money i'd like to put into mining.
(maybe xmr because i have strongth belief in it)
any hardware advice or anything like that user?

RX 470 GPU's are the best way to start your mining rig.

validity? its common sense. Not OP but you have to be dumb to not realize using fresh air is better for cooling than recycled air

Any miner that knows ETH Manager can see I'm speaking the truth.
And even if I didn't showed you this image, can't you see that my design is much more thermal efficient that the retardesign with gpu's side by side? What do you think it's the best design to dissipate the heat produced by the GPU's?

For XMR mining RX Vega is one of the better choices if you can afford it.
Mining Rig with 6x RX Vega GPUs can get you around 12000 H/s

That's nice when you have one rig, but when you have limited space and with multiple rig then you must stack them like boxes. Also if you have warranty who gives a shit if GPU dies, you get a new one.

amazon.co.uk/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-NITRO-2xHDMI-Graphics/
Just bought 100k
OK, 8.

anyone have any good articles/books for someone interested in mining?

Rig aside, what's a good Nvidia card for some hobby mining when I'm not playing PUBG on my desktop?
I was thinking amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-1050Ti-GDDR5-PCI/
Or maybe splashing out a bit more for a amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-1060-GDDR5-PCI/
As long as it gets 2-10MH/s on a Monero pool I'll be happy. Maybe something on minertopia or blocksuckernation. IDK what shit effects the hashrate really. I spent 15 years playing games and hitting my pc with a hammer to make it work again or blowing dust out of components with maybe the odd rebuild or component change. I cheated on all my builds and used those online compatibility things and generally knew what games needed what spec cards but that's it :D

haha gpu mining, sorry kid. the adults mine with asic miners.

Buy an NVIDIA if you're looking to mine ZCash, for Monero, the best GPU's to use are AMD's.

>asic miners
If you want to mine SHA256 sure. Might as well buy a few antminers and put them in a data centre and pay rent and forget about it. If you don't want to mine those though...

Ive got an r9390 pulling $2.60 a day on better hash (RIP nicehash), how can I mine some monero

If a CPU rig becomes obsolete, you can resell it. If an ASIC miner becomes obsolete, it's done.

I was going to go for Monero. Hmm, ok. I guess I will have to go trolling through those online spreadsheets of hashrates before I actually buy some. You saying NVIDIA even for the rig? I was going to get radeons for that but if NVIDIA is better for monero then... I have no clue why its better. If I had a formula (like clock speed/overclocking/times RAM or whatever it is that gives you the hash) to work with it would be easier but I guess that stuff is online somewhere too.
Probably getting the GPU for my desktop tomorrow and I am cashing out £5k for the rig setup. Decided to build my own over buying antminers and just mine Monero or something in my spare room. It's bit cheaper than a decent amount of antminers plus the S9 are all sold out until Feb and the pre-order is a nightmare to get. Ebay prices are stupid lol.

Imagine having no airflow behind your cards.

You can use xmr-stak to mine monero, I'm currently using it for Electroneum mining.

Forgot pic

Honestly that setup seems worse. Obviously you should have the gpus "stacked" but pic related seems better

lmao

This.

If those were blowers though they would be ok

Bro, do you even thermodynamics?
You actually can say that stacked GPU are better than my design to improve heat dissipation?

You "obviously" are not speaking from experience, because if you were, you would see the amount of heat that those stacked card produce compared to my design, is completely insane.
You are literally blowing hot air into each of those GPU, only the 1st GPU of the stack is getting cold air.
C'mon, you can't be that thick.

I study a lot of heat transfer because of work and op's setup would only be better if you cut holes in the board so that the card is open on both sides.
I can't see clearly but if their back is against the wood you're worse off than a setup like

You dumbfuck, imagine having a brain.

So, stacked cards can heat up to 80ºC+.
My design -never- goes above 60ºC.

And you talk about airflow behind my cards?

You study what? You must be the disgrace of your class then.

Explain to me, why I would need airflow behind the GPU.
Explain to me, why you affirm that the stacked design is better, if I posted a screenshot with my temperatures being less than 60ºC and everyone knows that stacked designs get up to 80ºC unless you're in a aircon room?

And now the best part.
Explain to me, how the stacked design that blows HOT AIR from the back of a GPU to the front of the next is better than my design that blows cool air to the front of all GPU's and blows hot air to the sides?

Before you speak, you must know all the facts, and you don't, because you don't even own a GPU miner.

I have a shitty lap top and an android phone
I have BTC and ETH miner robot apps on my phone

is there a good laptop application I can use as well? are the phone app miners even real?

Nah.
But if someone created the FAPCOIN with a algo encryption that would only be possible to mine it with Fitbit, it would be a success.
You would have to fap in order to mine FAPCOIN.

Sure, the cards in the back are fed warmer air than the ones in the front, but heat is transferred way more efficiently through conduction between solids than through convection between a fluid and a solid. If the piece of wood warms up you have to cool it down aswell or it's not going to let the cards temperature go down. If you've ever laid down on a couch on a hot day you'll know your back gets all sweaty after the couch catches up to your temperature.

The only reason your shit is working at 60 is because you have 45cm fans pointed at it like a retard. The guys working at 80 with just the gpu fans are wasting less power than you

The new FAPCOIN crypto with Proof of Wank algorithm.

CABLE. MANAGEMENT.

That shit looks a fucking hazard. I like the idea, but fix that shit, user.