Android Netrunner General - Daring you to go to mars edition

>Question of the day
Do you welcome our new Weyland overlords in your hearts?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/16/c41672be-a776-443a-8e35-49a3f581f603/adn_tournament_regulations_v113_text_version.pdf

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace the spaces by dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play netrunner online (replace the spaces by dots):
Jinteki net

Check out user's amazing work at 1d4chan!
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/x1S3p
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/5/new-dog-in-town/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Latest spoiler batch:

imgur.com/a/x1S3p

Look at your own peril.

I liked the angle on the OP shot better for some reason.

Aginfusion turning unrezzed ICE into server specific run event protection is funny. And I like that crazy plan against ICE destruction..; wanna trash my ICE? Well I'll trash it myself!

One thing I'm not sure I like about Tithonium: Caïssa-proof (more in the way it is than that it is, strictly).

How does it work if it's rezzed *after* already hosting, say a Rook?

Program trash?

DLR bullshit is on it's way to winning it's 2nt worlds in a row...

Okay, fun stuff for weyland. Me likey. Especially the rock.

It's a powerful card. Always one of my favorites from release on.

Standoff!!!

That's the same question for Oversight A.I.

While I'm here actually, does Red Sands start the end of the Genesis and Spin cycles?

>does Red Sands start the end of the Genesis and Spin cycles?

Nope, start with first packet of the following one.

>That's the same question for Oversight A.I.

That's where I was going actually with that question.

It is REALLY boring to face tho.
Just mill mill mill mill bullshit.
Not interactive at all.

>Do you welcome our new Weyland overlords in your hearts?
Looking forward to the new ice selection. Tithonium is a great target for forfeiting 1 pointers and the new 2/0, while letting you rez normally. Veritas and Bloodletter are great taxing Sentry ice for centrals, and so is Watchtower, though the latter is Yoggable. Battlement manages to hit the sweet spot for both Corroder and Paperclip, which is neat. Hortum is a 4 rez 4 strength ETR Code Gate with 2 subs, which is already good, but you can then upgrade it to be anti-AI if needed. Sapper is kinda eh, a program trash is kind of inconsistent when compared to Chrysalis' 2 damage, but it does make RnD and HQ spikier without importing anything.

Also, Veritas seems to be the art for what was previously thought as Fairchild 4.0.

We've had that discussion already.

By itself it's one of the most interactive runner cards. You need to run to even be able to install it.

You need to be tagged to even be able to use it.

The issue is too many tools making you able to ignore the risks you're supposed to be taking.

Gotta love how shit Corp econ is in this meta.

He gave the Raven a token... NEVER GIVE THE RAVEN A TOKEN!

TOP deck napd ftw

Progenitor full art!

I hope we go with more of the insanely strange Jinteki ICE design.

deal net damage when the runner passes through or forced susanoo if you break the one sub is sweet as. This coincides with my complaint that NBN got the decent ON ENCOUNTER effects (outside of Komainu)

>for some reason.
I know, right?

So what was ADN 42 again?

Weyland deluxe box

Very likely it's whatever those cards with the diamond on them are in, since the lowest numbered Weyland is Bloodletter (4x, 47-48?) and the highest is Hunter Seeker at 51, atleast 4 Weyland cards, which probably means it isn't part of a pack. Seeing as Marilyn Campaign is 2x or 3x, it definitely gives room for runner cards. No dots showing limited copies like the core set either, so probably a big box.

>Whizzard is the King of the World!
>promptly get blown up by a missile/rocket

>gets BOOM'd in Finals but wins the game anyway

NBN and Anarch ruin everything

So what was the special event today?

As far as I have seen a bunch of weyland spoilers.

I WAS JUST SAYING THEY SHOULD REPRINT "I HAVE A ROCK"

TRULY THE TIME OF WEYLAND IS COMING! GREEN PLAYERS REJOICE!

>don't see any NBN spoilers

They're going to fuck us again, aren't they?

And to think Whiz was a joke ID previously.

Wonder if that deck would still appear as a champ deck with rotation creeping up? Lots of nice stuff in there to say the least.

>They're going to fuck us again, aren't they?
Probably, but they don't even need to. We are fucked enough already for NBN to dominate even after all these Weyland cards come out.

Yeah, we've all been focusing on the big W, but the Jinteki stuff is really promising too.

My brain just slow-poked how fucking terrifying Hunter Seeker was.

Yeah, nothing big unless for some reason (Weyland marketing tactics?) they managed to keep it all under wrap.

I guess the announcement rumor was only that.

Because I spent 5 minutes with a minor hangover looking, 'grats to Chris Dyer for winning

>don't see any NBN spoilers
Probably, but the hype right now is great, I don't even care

Also, we got a Triple - which would be great to AD

Oh yeah, in Jamison, that means you can 1-turn a Gov Takeover if you have a 5/3:

Jamison "1 adv. + 1 per point on the agenda you sac"
Success is the requirement, not points

1 + 3 + 5

Just Biotic and you're good to go.

Not like 5's are will be too hard either, if you do Jamison trading shenanigans

Yeah, "any" card is pretty scary. Especially when that agenda might not even have been worth points

This makes me irrationally miffed at Day Job not having a subtype to signify it's 4 click cost.

Anyone got the Champion decklists?

Consistency? With FFG?
Ha, no.

You know, I'd drop consistency in a heartbeat if it meant we actually got good balance and errata.

That play cost and gain is so wonky you almost forget it's a cheaper Restructure.

I just realized why all the new tutoring ice might be necessary; given how Jemison could snowball it's agendas into one another, you really need to be able to get agendas as you need them. Since Atlas is going away, the ice and probably some other method of tutoring will probably be pretty important to chain the agendas together.

Restructure is rotating IIRC, and this is Terminal, so I'm fine with it.

Yeah, it is just an "end the turn" restructure - probably because Restructure is cycling out - but for a brief time they should both be legal

That's a good point. Though The Future Is Now and possibly even aggressive negotiation may help

>plonk pic related on HQ
>tutor traps when the runner runs it (you don't have to show the card)

Would be nice. Weyland's time as the no-codegates faction seems to be ending at least

It's also the first card effect to ever straight up say "Advance a card", this with Hollywood renovation in a Multi-biotic mega-turn could score multiple agendas. Just need loads of money to do it.

Isn't it in the second pack, the one after rotation has hit? Or is that the cycle after that?

Saccing a 5/3

Biotic > Biotic > Biotic > Install Hollywood > Install Atlas > Install Atlas > Success

Jemison the counters onto Hollywood to get it up to 4 then successing gives: 9 on Hollywood, 3 on Atlas, 6 on Atlas.

In fact, fuck it, you could just use the two Clicks to Fast Track out a GT and Fast advance it with those counters.

Of course, NBN will get a card that says "Triple. Play only if the runner is tagged. Win the game." and Weyland will be irrelevant again.

It's the cycle after - Red Sands is the last one before rotation

Cycle or big box.

Given the Clan synergy they are going to introduce, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mars big box in addition to the cycle. Or maybe a space big box in general.

>Clan synergy
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that. Too much corp hype for me to think about runners

Hey, a new clone

And a delicious combo arises

Combine with Hokusai and Excalibur...

>People wonder why Restructure isn't Weyland
>FFG prints new version of Restructure with lower cost of entry and shadowy board room art like so many other Weyland cards
>Not green

God damn it...

Beautiful

Though not quite as beautiful as pic related

If he isn't the hero Jinteki deserves, he's certainly the one it needs.

These are the kind of Corp characters I wanted to see. I just want to pair her and Hanzo together and see if love can bloom in Hokusai.

Just be happy it is not yellow

He's the hero they needed, so they grew him. I think Hanzo would be trashed first

Looks like we'll be seeing some gene-grown meat in the future too, which I'm honestly okay with - I doubt it'd be expected

>Hanzo
>Not Eiko
It's like you don't want your pets to be happy together pets, because they sure as hell aren't people

Worthless, random milling is shit. 1/10

Since they are encountering the ICE already you don't get a chance to rez it, so you need active threat already rezed ICE on the table for this to do anything. 3/10

Agenda needs to already be on the table for a turn to play this, it takes 3 clicks so you can't score a bigger agenda, not likely to gain you points. 4/10

This one is good, wish it was 0 cost 9/10

Not bad 8/10

3 Str Code gate Yog.0/10

Decent for it's cost, wish it was a trace 3 but 3 subs for 4 credits is not bad. 6/10

3 Str Code Gate Yog.0/10

If it was not Unique I'd say it was good but Rumor Mill makes this unplayable 5/10

I like this one, triggers in all zones and that is a fair chunk of damage 8/10

This is a great turn 2 score or in a horizontal deck. 8/10

1 Meat and a random trash is not really worth the deck slot. Might replace Shock! in some decks. 7/10

>Agenda needs to already be on the table

rating unreleased cards out of their meta. whizzard/10

It's not Weyland because it has a high barrier to entry. 8 credits is a lot to hold onto unless you're as bursty as Weyland can be. Lots of decks, even some Weyland decks struggle to use Restructure. Any faction economy card has to be better than Hedge Fund and Restructure. Beanstalk can be played at 0 creds. Medical Research gets Jinteki 5 credits at 3 instead of 10. Successful Demo gets HB 5 at *2*, that's why it's so restrictive. That's a Restructure *any* deck can play at turn 2 from 0 credits if the requirement is met.

Random milling is not shit if the Corp is looking to churn through the runner's entire deck. That's Jinteki black tree, Jinteki saw is the law, and even Weyland builder of guns can do that

So you need an agenda scored, and a 3 card combo in hand to net 0 point gain (outside of 1 or 2 combos). That is just awful jank.

Eiko is a person, Ben's certainly not.
Reading Strange Flesh at the moment, clones are very much in the "equipment" category.

Or you can NA a Government Takeover. From 0 credits.

That in itself is enough of a threat to make it interesting, I find.

Are you the netghost of Alexfrog?

>the netghost of Alexfrog?
The haunting of the old days will never end

>Since they are encountering the ICE already you don't get a chance to rez it, so you need active threat already rezed ICE on the table for this to do anything. 3/10

Or you know, runner goes for Account Siphon, you trash an unrezzed piece of ICE, run end on Archives, AS is moot.

Introduces an interesting new dynamic: don't run server specific effects unless the ICE on said server is already rezzed.

Okay, that's pretty funny. An ID that's going to need a lot of cheap ice, for sure, but it looks fun.
Being able to defeat particularly clutch runs for the cost of a piece ice seems very nice

Three Crick. You want to be able to cycle that ICE, while continuously sending the runner to Archives.

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Gotta love that bias in favor of Weyland...

If you mean by volume, it's just because they were the easiest faction for me to write

Eh, everyone needs cash, this at least gets around the Restructure problem that Hedge Fund left you one short.

That said, I would appreciate a giant transaction in Weyland

Also loving the Tori Hanzo quote on pic related

>12 credits in Jinteki
Holy god is this trash

just score all the 2/0s and decline desu

So spend 3 clicks advancing twice?

>out of their meta
Come to think of it, with the amount of FA Weyland is getting, it really makes me wonder what the Runners will be getting. Clot is probably going to pale in comparison.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/5/new-dog-in-town/

Weyland Deluxe box with 30 new Weyland cards and 60 new cards spread across 2 new Micro Corp Factions!

We all know FFG has stated no more Faction based deluxes and no more microfactions.

I have a feeling Aginfusion is going to make FAO come back in force.

Also, given what you want do with it and those new Jinteki cards, that fun Heartbeat + Full Cyber deck isn't looking so jank anymore. Damage prevention in general is probably going to gain in value- The Noble Path to steal Obokata is going to be something to behold.

I definitely meant by volume. And not an attack on the work, it's just funny to scroll down and suddenly see the explosion of text for Weyland.

Aginfusion is garbage

If you think so, I'm thinking it opens freakish possibilities.

a) Naked advanced Junebug. Make the runner run it and either Whirlpool/Labyrinthine Server for the kill or Port Anson Grid to make sure your ICE trashed is gonna cost more than a click to the runner.

b) The Archives: reroute runs to Archive, mass Crick to hurt the runner econ or cycle trashed ICE back, Shock!/House of Knives to make stealing an Obokata or an agenda protected by Musashi/Kakugo out of runer reach. Nisei MkII toadd up to the taxing if needed.

c) the aforementioned native server-specific effect protection.

Oh and I knew I was forgetting something: An Offer you Can't Refuse which you can now reroute to that over-advanced Junebug.

Probably the first time I'm contemplating Dedicated Technician Team in a deck - if you can get that thing going, I recon installing ICE is going to be more costly than rezzing it.

I'll give you that's a big if...

When you switch servers, you're set to encountering the outermost ice. If it's not rezzed, it can't be.

Yes, I know... That doesn't really invalidate most of what I said... unless your point is that the runner is going to stop running whatsoever.

If you score Labyrinthine Servers you win the game.

All you need to do then is advance a Junebug or Overwriter and force the Runner to hit it.
Burn a token so they can't jack out and they are dead.

Now that I think of it, En Passant, just like FAO, just got a significant value bump from that ID.

En Passant is amazing for Val Blackmail decks.
Blackmail into their scoring remote then take it apart.

I'm more thinking about how recursion/protection will be handled to account for all those new installed card/stack trashing options.

>Blackmail decks.

Another thing Aginfusion can hurt... DDOS too to a point.

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking all the piloting and new board state options offered by that ID.

Does not really matter when the Runner mills you all game with DLR and just grabs 7 points out of Archives.

The All Seeing I is one influence. Freelancer and Foxfire cost nothing.

But then maybe people around you *exclusively* play Val Blacmail DLR decks?

Then Obokata, Musashi and Archives firing ambushes can also hinder that plan.

All shit cards that no one plays.

With pic related and Bulwark it looks like Destroyer*-Barriers are becoming a thing

Kinda cool, though they're still Barriers

Also nice that the sac eats the whole cost here

Damn phone

I assume you mean the released ones.

If you consistently get beaten by a deck yet refuse to tech against it, you only have yourself to blame.

I assume someone plays that deck way too much in your local meta (had to stop playing it myself when suddenly everyone picked it up after Wireless Net Pavilion was released... what I found was was a funny deck suddenly became a lot less funny to my opponents when it stopped being a marginal deck). Just don't let it get to you.

Alternatively that's just your way of trying to keep the conversation going, in which case, I don't know.

Still, the fact that Foxfire still isn't seeing any play at all as far as I can tell I'm finding somewhat dumbfounding to be honest.

Kills the directives, the shards, DLR, DDOS, Gang Sign, Ghost Runner, Globalsec Security Clearance, Net Mercur, Hunting Grounds, Xanadu and the link cards - and it's not as if we were still living in times were those were hardly being played.

I'm assuming pic related is Tithonium?

And yes, interesting development. I'm thinking it wise they keep it tied to high cost ICE though.

5 Str Barrier is shit for both those prices.
FFG does not understand their own game at all

>those prices
Literally a scored Standoff

I do honestly think the wealth of spoilers may have awakened Alexfrog's net-ghost

Yeah, probably inertia for fox.
I think it's interesting that they're making running without a fracter against Weyland actually potentially painful, with spiky barriers and Slee

It takes corroder 6 credits to break or eata a whole D4vid. If the runner runs it twice you make your money back.

Or...you know, advance a 0 point agenda and earn it back on first encounter. Hell, I would gladly sac a hostile takeover to rez that.