Can we get an art thread about steppe nomads going? Cossacks, Tatars, Turks, Mongols...

Can we get an art thread about steppe nomads going? Cossacks, Tatars, Turks, Mongols, etc all things steppe related and themed are welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQGO1YsByyg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This's gonna be great for inspiration for my space marine chapter. Great thinking, user!

Got some bad news for you bud

I got a few

Should a warrior die, his horse was sacrificed and buried with him so the duo could ride into the Eternal Blue Sky together. Tengri would not be pleases otherwise

youtube.com/watch?v=PQGO1YsByyg
Some music to inspire you. Look into Manas though. Stood up to the Mongols

>thinking Mongolians were the only people ever to roam central Asia

Huns must have been so other worldly to see. Misshapen heads, scars running down both cheeks, and bow legs from a life in the saddle all add up to one ugly and terrifying figure.

>13th century
>Chinese soldiers wielding ge from the BC's

The fuck?

Their enemies were gonna talk shit about them anyways, but the Huns certainly didn't pull any punches when it came to scaring the shit out of their victims.

Jordanes of the Goths, 551:
>"They made their foes flee in horror because their swarthy aspect was fearful, and they had, if I may call it so, a sort of shapeless lump, not a head, with pin-holes rather than eyes. Their hardihood is evident in their wild appearance, and they are beings who are cruel to their children on the very day they are born. For they cut the cheeks of the males with a sword, so that before they receive the nourishment of milk they must learn to endure wounds. Hence they grow old beardless and their young men are without comeliness, because a face furrowed by the sword spoils by its scars the natural beauty of a beard. They are short in stature, quick in bodily movement, alert horsemen, broad shouldered, ready in the use of bow and arrow, and have firm-set necks which are ever erect in pride. Though they live in the form of men, they have the cruelty of wild beasts."

I don't suppose anyone has any female mongols that could pass for not being asian? Need it for a costume token.

>13th century
>Humans still using bows and arrows from prehistory

Whatever worked, user. Whatever worked

If it ain't broke...

>but the Huns certainly didn't pull any punches when it came to scaring the shit out of their victims

You got that right. The Germanic tribes that felt the biggest blow from the Huns copied some Hunnic fashion. Skull shaping included

Back to my dump

Not much different. Despite a continent separating the two groups, their steppe ancestry gave them great form in horse archery.

And I end on where the actual Steppe is

Bump

here

My head canon says that in Otoyomegatari Amir's brother marries a genki village girl who's biggest fantasy is being "bride kidnapped" by a savage from the steppe. He's annoyed and exasperated by her stalking and casual use of "barbarian" until she wears him down romantically.

That projection is disgusting

>cossacks
>steppe nomads
They were not exactly nomads so to speak, but I guess they fit the steppe theme.
Here, have some.