At last, the secrets of the Emperor's project beneath the Palace will be revealed...

>At last, the secrets of the Emperor's project beneath the Palace will be revealed, and you'll get a closer look at the Emperor Himself than ever before.

-------------------

>While Horus’ rebellion burns across the galaxy, a very different kind of war rages beneath the Imperial Palace. The ‘Ten Thousand’ Custodian Guard, along with the Sisters of Silence and the Mechanicum forces of Fabricator General Kane, fight to control the nexus points of the ancient eldar webway that lie closest to Terra, infested by daemonic entities after Magnus the Red’s intrusion. But with traitor legionaries and corrupted Battle Titans now counted among the forces of Chaos, the noose around the Throneworld is tightening, and none but the Emperor Himself can hope to prevail.

Any new HH book is coming out in a few days and none of you guys are talking about it? We cannot have that, can we? Finally we will have a novel focused on the Emprah. What secrets and revelations we will see in the novel? Who is hyped?!

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303003-master-of-mankindon-the-horizon/page-9#entry4546943
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The ‘Ten Thousand’ Custodian Guard, along with the Sisters of Silence and the Mechanicum forces of Fabricator General Kane...

Kane?

bump

>Finally we will have a novel focused on the Emprah

Not sure if this is a good thing

KANE LIVES!

>Who is hyped?!
Aside from your fake enthusiasm, I'm not sure anyone is excited about new black library novels at this point.

Black Library books have recently been the death of the setting. Literally ruin everything.

Nobody is hyped

he's a big boss

>fake enthusiasm

Oh you. I am hyped as shit for it and al of the upcoming novels. These months are busy for 40K content.

Yeah. Writing about a quasi omnipotent and extremely inteligent being is not an easy thing as they shown in "the last church"

There's eight eyes on his armor, where is the 9th.

For the Emperor.

>>At last, the secrets of the Emperor's project beneath the Palace will be revealed, and you'll get a closer look at the Emperor Himself than ever before.

>The Emperor's secret project is to harness the power of daddy issues and he himself is secretly bald

>Written by ADB

>Kane
LIVES

>turns out Malcador is the actual Emperor, and the "Emperor" was simply one of the "missing" primarchs

Is Vulkan still dead?

Nah, he was revived in Deathfire.

Doesn't he get really angry after the breaking of the legions and tells his sons to find his lost artefacts if they ever want to see him again, then he fucks off nobody knows where?

greatest
primarch
ever

>inb4 ADB pulls a matt ward and adds moar perpetuals or reveal the emperor has a brother or a dad from the Golden Men etc.

Seriously though I kind of wish there's a chapter where he takes like a 5 minute breather in some tiny inconspicuous bedroom unknown and overlooked to all, where he finally sheds his psycho/gene manipulated presence and turns back into some extremely tired old human man who rests for a bit admiring some of his personal keepsakes for memories before transforming back into the Godlike figure he is and getting back to work.

>ADB writing about Big E

get ready for Emperor being a Big Bad Daddy who's such a meanie

You're literally asking for "Emo Emprah" bait that would fill this board for the next three months. So no.

Can't wait for the strong female adept who don't need no power armor.

ADB said that he won't go into the orgins of the Emperor or reveal much about him. He says that might piss off Veeky Forums since Veeky Forums loves to have secrets revealed and lore explained.

say this with complete seriousness, not being entirely sure what the "clues" mentioned might be, that if you know the lore about the Emperor and the Webway from Horus Heresy: Collected Visions, then you have over 90% of the spoilers for the novel.

The people that hate this book the most will be the "reading the novels for information" types (especially on Veeky Forums) who won't find immense revelations on the exact indisputable origins of the Emperor, or how Custodians are made, or anything like that. That's the kind of stuff that I directly avoided saying.

I didn't rewrite the history of the Night Lords in the Night Lords Trilogy. I didn't change up Armageddon in Heslreach or redefine the World Eaters with loads of secrets revealed in Betrayer. I tend to look at The Master of Mankind in those terms. Illuminating things on the ground level, through characters' eyes, not rewriting the event itself.

(...though, yes, there's a lot about the Emperor in it.)

------------------

As much as I love Veeky Forums, it's taken a downturn the last few years with the rest of its parent site. But that's OT, so I'll shut up now.

-ADB

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303003-master-of-mankindon-the-horizon/page-9#entry4546943

Veeky Forums why have you gone to shit?

>Hey, my eyes are down here

>discussion about Veeky Forums on a normie forum
ADB was alright until he decided to try and be "one of us"

>Black Library books have recently been the death of the setting. Literally ruin everything.

What happened?

The Emperor's the lamest part of Warhammer

Also it's almost impossible to give a proper description of nearly-omnipotence, and most attempts will look like shit.
Just look at the superman's films

>Any new HH book is coming out in a few days and none of you guys are talking about it? We cannot have that, can we? Finally we will have a novel focused on the Emprah. What secrets and revelations we will see in the novel? Who is hyped?!
Bait

>Stop sucking his dick
>Woe is the board, it's changed and sucks now
Lel
Why dont you just finally get lost Carnac

What does Carnac have to do with ADB? Those are ADB's quotes.

He is saying that Primarchfags killed Veeky Forums.

While he adds stuff that completely changes the narrative of the characters as they are in the fluff.
>angron in the original realizes what he has become far too late, like a bugchaser
>angron in the books has daddy issues and dementia:murderhobo edition.

Peoples' headcanons got disproved and they feel betrayed.

There is no stronger force in the gaming world than the feelings of a neckbeard.

The thing is that at least you can try to make Superman human related. Since you know, he grew up with pa and ma in a farm in Smallville. The Emperor does no one to relate.

Inquisition wars tried to portray him as a choir of voices ever vigilant. But even that is a drop in the ocea of His Magnitude.

Magnus was such a colossal fuck up. No wonder Perturabo thought the Emperor knew he was going to fuck up from the beginning

He actually didn't mention Veeky Forums did he?

See Forgot to greentext in that post. All of it is ADB quotes from his recent forum posts.

Maybe once ADB becomes a good writer he won't be writing fanfic teir shit for 12 year olds.

>The people that hate this book the most will be the "reading the novels for information" types (especially on Veeky Forums)
Carnac, he's talking about you, how does it feel to be the cause of the hate toward discussions on Veeky Forums?

Which is odd if so, 'cause the XVIII was too small to spawn any Second Founding Chapters.

The Emperor is the single best part of Warhammer and the sole thing that distinguishes it from every other setting..

Futuristic supersoldiers in future armor? Done to death.
Elves? Done to death.
Orks? Done to death.
Tyranids? Zerg, Aliens.

Unique, ancient, psychic, superpowerful, hyperintelligent god-avatar of the human race synthetizing all that is just and good, taking upon himself the mantle of emperor of a galaxywide empire in order to literally safeguard his race the galaxy from destruction, against everything else that exists? Now that is interesting. The closest analogy would be Dune, but still far-off.

Don't lie. He just saying that the book doesn't suit guys like me, and read the forum. They are talking about the Primarchfags and "did nothing"fags. Things I rarely talks about. These guys are what ruined Veeky Forums.

You are one of them.

Nice try, Dan Abnett.

>the sole thing that distinguishes it from every other setting..

Actually, that would be Chaos and Necrons.

>chaos

literally daemons

the single most overused villian archetype ever

fuckoff retard

On the surface level but digging deeper you will find Chaos in unique and deep as a bad guy faction.

What you did was basically like brushing off as another space tyrant.

Fuck off, ADB.

Chaos is the single most overused and generic thing about the whole setting.

Daemons + villains that are evil because they're crazy and vice versa

Oh wow how original.

>pulls a Mat Ward
Try not to confuse Lord War with Dan Abnett. Its a discredit to the Lord of Swag.

Emperor is not hyperintelligent or an avatar of good or humanity, you're fundamentally misunderstanding 40k. He's a tragic Greek hero who in his hubris thought he could rule the galaxy and outmaneuver the gods, but got stuck into a chair watching everything he did come undone, and waiting for Abaddon to finish him off.

What you said he is is what in-setting Imperials think he is. They are wrong and damned for it.

and guys in power armor are overused and overdone. Oh wait you got to dig deeper to see how they differ from the rest.

Yep, Chaos is original. Chaos is what makes the setting, not the Emperor.

Not really.

See: how unpopular Chaos armies are

Even fucking Orks are more popular.

Nobody gives a shit about how boring and uninspired Chaos are.

This.

The only way this could work is if the book was about emperor, but written from perspective of Malcador and others in Emperor's retinue. At no point should we be allowed to look directly into Emperor's thoughts or whenever he is alone.

>See: how unpopular Chaos armies are

fuck off and die already ADB, you chaos cocksucker

>See: how unpopular Chaos armies are

Actually, Chaos armies are among the most popular.

In fact, the Space Marines were created to bring the appeal of the the Warriors of Chaos into Rogue Trader/40K. Learn the settings history.

Not an argument.

Newfag, please.

There are single SM chapters that alone have HALF as many collectors as all Chaos armies together.

>Almost half of the players collect CSM, coming in 3rd of all factions
>CHAOS SURE IS UNPOPULAR, RIGHT GUYS? YEAH SCREW THOSE GUYS

And what you just said is literally just what chaos mobs say he is.

I am not sure where got that pool but if you add up the CSM and daemons, they outnumber the rest.

Actually, that's what anyone who doesn't suck his dick can see.

>Imperial Loyalist troops are literally THREE TIMES BIGGER than chaos troops
>"HURF DURF BUT CHAOS MAKES THE SETTING BECAUSE I SAY IT DOES"

off yourself, ADB

>CHAOS MAKES THE SETTING

But it's true doe. Chaos is the only thing remotely original in the setting.

>While he adds stuff that completely changes the narrative of the characters as they are in the fluff.
>>angron in the original realizes what he has become far too late, like a bugchaser

The original being pre-Index Astartes, because IA golden age lore was what changed him from "We need to save mankind through martial virtue" to "FUCK the Emperor".

But if you want to talk about daddy issues, that's nothing compared to what IA did to Mortarion.

>At no point should we be allowed to look directly into Emperor's thoughts or whenever he is alone.
Not necessarily disagreeing, but it wouldn't be anything new.

Isn't that Alivia Sureka?

There was a spell of mediocre books, mostly last year (between Scars and Path of Heaven, imo, not including those two). I think they're back on track though.

I am, fuk u

>CSM and Daemons outnumber SMs

lol

Just a little reminder.

>Dan "OC Donut Steel" Abnett.
>better.

You say that like you haven't been waiting for elaboration of the Journal of Keeper Caiaphas since 3ed.

I need some closure here!

>Ripping off The God Emperor from Dune
>Distinguishing feature

Those aren't even unique when it comes to GW franchises. Crons are literally just Tomb Kings with stolen Terminator designs and Chaos are just fucking demons.

>Demons
>Original

Yes, there have never been any war gods or gods of disease, pleasure or capriciousness before. Totally brand new concept to have demons be linked to emotions and concepts. Not one of the oldest fantasy cliches at all...

>Chaos is the only thing remotely original
it's an unabashed copy of moorcock

Space marines are probably the closest thing to an original selling point the warhammer name has, but even they're technically less original than orks, who have pretty much defined orcs in western fantasy the past ~30 years

emprah nips off for a fapbreak

The book's covering the creation of the Primarchs as well?

wasn't it already clear the emp is a perpetual that just stole some powers form the god now?

so its pointless good to know

>As much as I love Veeky Forums, it's taken a downturn the last few years with the rest of its parent site. But that's OT, so I'll shut up now.

aka tg doesn't like him very much

>ADB was alright until he decided to try and be "one of us"
if you want that just hang out with Robbie MacNiven on tumblr

I hope that is not the case. It is stupid as all hell. Didn't he bound the void dragon to mars in the medieval ages? How the hell would he be able to do that?

user, it's a stupid retcon which will be replaced with a stupider retcon, and then back to the original story about Emps being made out of thousands of shamans.

I like the story about he being the souls of thousands of shamans more. Way cooler.

My brother. Take this I made yesterday.

I thank you, fellow brother.

>Didn't he bound the void dragon to mars in the medieval ages? How the hell would he be able to do that?

It was a shard and it was mortally wounded by its fellow C'tan shards. It was so weakened and crippled it couldn't leave Earth. Any skilled psyker could have defeated it in that state.

And nothing says that the Emperor took to Mars in the medieval era.

>implying they don't share a great part of the population
lol

> From the God-Emperor of Mankind, to Kane, to Seth

Maybe people would read that shit for the stories if you made them more interesting and didn't try to ride on the "hey, kids, wanna hear what your favorite 30k characters are up to now?" Nobody reads about JFK or Julius Caesar to get a compelling story, they want to find more about the people and eras.

So uh has Sandy Mitchell fixed his key board yet?

Look I don't care I just want more Cain shenanigans this time with Eldar

That's only because Graham is an atheist autist when it comes to that stuff.

>Eldars are 5th
>Being orks
Triple Mon-keighs

oh boy can't wait to read about how the Emperor is a big meany from the perspective of a strong womyn waifu and her (non white) marine/custodes protector

Woah didn't noticed that, it's like if you add up an other two factions like SM and IG they outnumber the rest! Holy shit!

Any time someone mentions the Last Church this needs to be posted.

>the Emperor is a big meany
This is canon, though.

I feel bad for the Salamanders every book where they are the focus is boring and slow paced as fuck.

I wonder what Dawkins did with it, I imagine he threw it in the trash.