Númenor at the height of their power spawns in one of your setting's oceans

Númenor at the height of their power spawns in one of your setting's oceans.
And they really hate everything in your settting.

How fucked is your setting?

probably die of starvation, if they don't end up on a civilized world

Not very. In fact the nation of Numenor is promptly fined for dimensional translocation without a permit.

Sweet. New land to conquer. New wars to fuel our war machine. New people to indoctrinate our populace into hating, and for us to use to keep the underclass in line with fear of the outsider. Assuming we can weigh them down with bodies this is objectively a good thing. We were running out of credible foreign "threats".

>inb4 pffft nothing personal kid.
>*My Setting teleports behind you*

Oh look I wasn't fast enough;
le mao

Well if you're hostile the whole world you're probably going to be pretty fucked regardless of the setting.

They would probably do pretty well until they hear about the gods' gambling addictions then turn into a kingdom of necromancy.

How powerful are they?
Do their powers reach off-world?

What do you expect when you end up in a sci-fi setting?

Dunno. and i'm just not gonna bother googling a name with that many extraneous bits of vowel-accent-marks, so, yeah. I'll just assume it lands on the oceanworld and becomes another decently sized island.

Actually, the Numenorians became powerful enough to challenge the land of the Gods. Had metal war ships, ballistics, and air ships.

Still got their shit pushed in, because, you know, land of the Gods.

But at least they are as powerful as 1940s era powers.

Nine times out of ten, extraneous vowel accent marks can be omited and google will still know what you're on about.

They'd probably conquer a few nations before being driven back. Feel like magic users would fuck them up. Numenoreans don't have much of that.

Huh didn't know that they had that kinda tech.
still ill equip to take on an alien planet

Numenoreans are roughly equal to Space Marines in dimensions, so bad things will happen.

I recall a fun thread a few years/months back where someone asked if Numenor invaded Westeros. I enjoyed the description one user wrote about the Mountain getting fucking ended by Aragorn in 1v1 combat.

But, yeah. Most standard fantasy settings get raped by Numenor.

I mean, if Númenor is not in close proximity of one of the four obelisks of this plane that keeps the literal chaos of the fragmented elemental planes together and at bay. The inhabitants there would either end up going completely mad and killing each other over the course of time, or most likely end up face-to-face with a Finger of God tornado before that happens. If they try to attack one of the obelisks, each one is guarded by powerful beings which were made by the progenitors (giants) before they disappeared.

As for sanctioned religions in this world, they are mostly tied to the elements. Other religions could include seeing Djinn as gods, but they are in the minority

>>inb4 pffft nothing personal kid.
>>*My Setting teleports behind you*
>Oh look I wasn't fast enough;
No shit you weren't fast enough, that's the entire premise of OP's question.

Okay.

1) Wow what the fuck happened here?

2) This wouldn't happen to be a setting called Alantha, would it?

3) Holy shit you have no idea what Numenor is about to do to your anus, do you?

1) They had gramatical errors which littered, since it was they were latest post at the time, I decided to fix it before it was too late
2) Alantha? I'm unfamiliar with it, it was created because I ended up rolling four obelisks for a setting and thus connected it to the elemental planes. Afterwards I went from there.
3) I'm unfamiliar with what Numenor can do to their fullest extent, except reading what's already been posted here. For the most part, if they can capture the radius around the obelisks, they are fine. As for the maddening effects, if they have some way of being immune to mind-effecting affects, that would cover that side. Geographically, the wastelands are a geographical nightmare with clashing elements from each elemental plane, so natural disasters are a lot more common.

Overall, this world is by itself fucked in the long run if the obelisks fall or there is no way of stabilizing the whole plane. The Obelisks and preexisting tech in this world can be contributed to the progenitors. Without it, the people would be utterly screwed. This world is not meant to happen. It's like trying to push opposite magnetism together. This place wants to break apart but it can't.

>Alantha?
No worries. Friend on another site hit upon a similar idea.

As for the progenitors, I like to imagine them similar to Atlantians, advanced for their era but disappeared. As for one of the Guardians of the obelisks, pic related is what guards the Water Obelisk.

Some of the supplementary material surrounding the Numenoreans almost peg them as Atlantians as well, so take it as you like.

My setting has a collective 'oh fuck' and scrambles to set up a defense with the most powerful magic and warriors they can muster before the resident over-god kicks the interlopers out.

God with a capital G flipped the ocean and turned a flat plane into a round planet and the entire structure of the cosmos become what we have now.

Just to stop them from entering heaven.

>in one of your setting's oceans.
Yeah... About that.

How hostile were they to outsiders during their prime?

Also would they be interested in international trade?

Basically everything in the setting, in no small part to the party making wars impractical for dispute settling, has gone full Merchant Prince.

If Númenor does indeed have iron clad ships and all manner of technological innovations and they are willing to take on foreign apprentices for bucket fulls of cash or goods of similar value then they could be top of the training industry for generations till the rest of the world catches up and become a super power merely by that alone.

That and the fact that they live for centuries longer than anyone but the Nephilim Not!middle-easterners, faerie-touched Not!Irish and Vampire Not!East Roman Empire will give them huge advantages.

Ultimately they answer to Tar-Mairon, high priest and demigod, rather than Ar-pharazon, semi-legitimate king who intended to make numenor great again. Sauron would gladly conquer through trade, Ar-pharazon would like to rape with the grand armada.