I need pictres! Pictures of golems, constructs, fantastical robots, and the like...

I need pictres! Pictures of golems, constructs, fantastical robots, and the like. I'd also like to discuss people's oppinions of such things (and other modern/sci fi tropes like AIs, death rays, mad scientists, aliens etc) in fantasy settings. Do you love it? Hate it? Think it's dumb? Feel free to share your opinions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY
youtube.com/watch?v=kG2VR62_GuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Laser guided fists.

Trust nothing less

My group plays a 3.5 clone by mongoose that includes retro future tech. Sapient machines are one of the core races. I once made a character based off Big O.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

That's pretty cool. Unfortunately I don't have any on-theme pictures for the thread.

It's usually done really poorly, so I usually don't like it. It's people who can't realise how to explore themes in genre, so they need to take an entire piece from another to do it.

not exactly, but...

I love the concept of technological fantasy settings, but they're done so rarely right that I don't really get much high hopes when I find out a setting is such. Many of the settings I've encountered keep the ideas of magic and science/technology as distinctly separate concepts, but not many play with the idea of magic as being a science that can lead to technology. As posted, one of the very few examples of an exclusively fantastical science leading to technology, the Dwemer of TES are a wonderful example of this concept done right. Pic related, while not technically a machine mechanics-wise, is also an example, the MTG setting has a wide variety of technologically advanced fantasy cultures, with a wide variety of fantasy machines.

>Hurricane-fighting intensifies

youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY

Anyone have scifi constructs that aren't just robots?

bump

Sause?

I fucking love Ulduar

This reminds me of that 90s tv series about a cop and his female robot partner that lusted for his meat banana.

youtube.com/watch?v=kG2VR62_GuU

Ulduar was probably the best raid they've ever done.

Baron Karza?

From the way all those cables plug in to it, that laser is less for guiding and more for burning things to death it seems. Punch a motherfucker and burn a hole through him at the same time.

k
lol crosdresser
cool

But of course! What if I was to miss?

Terminator TV show.

Thanks for the (You), have one too!

Do we have any artwork of warcraft iron giants?
I can't find any.

Thumbnail made me think of pizza delivery

THIS UNIT, DESIGNATED SERIAL NUMBER 776-THETA, HAS ARRIVED ON TIME TO DELIVER THE ITALIAN PRODUCE KNOW AS PIZZA TO THE RECIPIENT! PLEASE DEPOSIT THE AGREED UPON SUM OF CURRENCY INTO THE LEFT APPENDAGE OF THIS UNIT, DESIGNATED SERIAL NUMBER 776-THETA, TO FINALIZE THE TRANSACTION!

You need to be THIS old to get the reference.

Also I need female golems/constructs. Post em.

At least it didn't ask for a tip

This sounds nuts. I need to check it out. What's it called?
I'm not sure people do, by and large. It's hard to do in really memorable way so it's not going to inspire much fanboyism. On the other hand, it's too rooted in folklore and mythology (the golem of Prague, Pinocchio, Pygmalion) for people to justifiably whine about it. Perhaps fittingly, constructs are usually just "devices," there to serve some role within the story but not adding much to it.

That said, I think warforged were one of the best things to come out of 3.X. I especially love the explanations of warforged psychology. It felt really believable, and added to your understanding in a way those descriptions usually didn't

I did not mention the name because it may cause a shit storm. It is called ogl steampunk.

>I did not mention the name because it may cause a shit storm. It is called ogl steampunk.
Thanks! I'll check it out

The reason that most people don't want to dwell on constructs is because their existance alone is enough to seriously threaten the integrity of a setting if one thinks too deeply of it: after all, a Golem is practically a robot, the runes on their bodies circuts which store programming. What's to stop the application of that technology for a myriad of other things?

>What's to stop the application of that technology for a myriad of other things?
I don't know user, what IS stopping it? Sounds like a great premise for a setting

How's this for a stone golem?

That thing is sexy as hell. I love my constructs with visible pistons and mechanics you can actually see, as opposed to "chunky metal humanoid"

RoB art is incredibly underutilized in these threads honestly.

>fantasy setting with 2 adjacent mountains
>one is a crashed drone-ship, filled with manufactories and robots
>one is a continually growing city of golems and wizards trying to try gain entry to the ship.
>ship detects it is under attack and drastically increases production
>now the wizards are simply trying to contain the robots, since it is too difficult to destroy outright.

So what level of Vicissitude do you need to graft metal bits onto people?

Nothing in that picture is a golem. Stormcast are just steroi- I mean Azyr powered dudes and ladies, reforged in big chunky armor.

What's RoB?

Babbage best Caster.

>I prefer my machine rendered non-functional by dust, grime, small animals and weather
There's a damned good reason why every machine is covered by a protective casing.

GOLLY

>Hey guys, this magical robot in this magical setting is unrealistic.

I'M MY OWN MASTER NOW