Best Primarch appreciation thread. ITT we praise the Wolf King

Best Primarch appreciation thread. ITT we praise the Wolf King

>Horus says 'lift your hands', space wolfs lift their hands
>Horus says ''bark like bitches', space wolves bark like bitches
>Horus says 'Commit genocide acts on a loyal legion and the innocents of it's planet', space wolves destroy Prospero

You rack-a disaprine, Reman.

How did they get a picture of him standing in one place?

He's constantly vibrating at 375mph. At all times.

TWO PUNCHES THROWN THAT DAY
ONLY ONE PRIMARCH WALKED AWAY

>The most loyal
>Fails to even show up at the Siege of fucking Terra
>Meanwhile this glorious motherfucker holds the gates for days straight alone.

Why wouldn't Leman Russ listen to the Warmaster?

Because The MotherFucking Emperor gave him different orders and he didn't even bother to check if the Emperor had sanctioned the changes. Not even a Vox message to confirm.

He got BTFO bad though by Horus

Black library's retcons have been un-retconned as of burning of prospero.

Horus didn't do shit. The Emperor told Russ and the Custodes to level the place.

I want to like Russ but hes just too over the top with these fucking wolves

fucks sake tone it down you yiffin' faggot

>he didn't even bother to check if the Emperor had sanctioned the changes
>bother to check

It's war you fucking moron. You don't check direct orders from your commanding officers

No. I, Rogal Dorn, am the greatest primarch.

Perturabo is the best Primarch

You do when your supreme commander gave different ones.

Or does a General's orders supercede direct orders from the Super-POTUS

But you wanted a thread about the best Primarch.

>not even a baneblade shitpost thread

>find a flaw
>pro tip: it wasn't actually Alpharius

You're retarded you know that? The Emperor gave Horus supreme command of the crusade, besides it's called the CHAIN of command, its obvious you don't understand how that works you idiot

>President of the Board gives you a job to do
>CEO tell you to do something different
What do?

Did Russ ever do anything particularly well?

I mean what's his big claim to fame compared to the other Primarchs? Savagery, loyalty? These are better covered by Angron and Dorn respectively. He wasn't there on Terra yet his legion was tiny by the end of the heresy. Overall he seem really average at best.

I was the one who originally made that argument and that's not how it goes you moron.

If it wasn't for the burning of prospero, Russ would pro be the most generic loyalist Primarch. Kind of like how Mortarian is to the traitor Primarchs.

Horus gave the orders for Russ to kill Magnus and his legion of Transexuals try to keep up with new fluff

>most generic
>not Dorn or Gulliman

Lion and Khan at least had their loyalty being questioned

I love Dorn just talking to himself while completely disregarding the skub autists.

Does anyone else find it funny that BL built up the whole
>Emperors Executioners
And all the Wolffags lapped it up despite how obviously bullshit it was? Only for them to drop it now and show it was all just Russ himself hyping them up? Makes Malacdor using them term extra funny when you think he must have been just tying to manipulate him.

I like Vulkan!

So Russ's claim to fame is team killing? Exaplins the actions of some of his sons a little better.

>And all the Wolffags lapped it up despite how obviously bullshit it was?

It wasn't bullshit. You are guy who is obsessed with it being false when Horus, Vulkan, Malcador, and even the daemons of the warp said he was the Executioner.

This is you being a lying cuny AGAIN. How many times do we have to correct you. You lied about Russ wanting to kill Magnus so many times that you needed something new?

You sound angry. Show us where the Space Wolf touched you

Russ is one of the few Primarchs I can think of who didn't kill one of his own.

What shit are you railing against mister fanboi? Read wolf king mate. From Russ's own mouth it's all hype.

Hey guys, why don't we get some of Thousand Sons fans in here and we can talk about the who was in the wrong during the Burning of Prospero. I don't think Veeky Forums's ever had a proper discussion of that topic, it would be wholly novel and in no way annoying.

He nearly killed Magnus. It was Tzeentch who saved Magnus at the last minute.

And Russ says that if he had to, he can kill any Primarch except Horus.

>34 post
>14 posters
Tzeentch is up to his usual tricks I see

>pointless argument thread
>people are arguing pointlessly

YOUR A FREAKING GENIUS YA MORON!

It was not. It says the Emperor took him aside and explained his purpose to him.

And BoP, Horus and the daemons of the Warp describe Russ as the Executioner. Vulkan when hwe was mussing about the purpose of the Primarchs said that Russ was the watchman over the primarchs. You don't know better than the Primarchs and the daemons. So quit it.

What part of
>From Russ's own mouth
Did you not understand. He talks about when he's all emo after half his legion died and then the Alphas gank him in space.

Go read the book mate.

Ahriman, at least a part of his personality, admits that the Thousand Sons were in the wrong. The Rubric was done to prove that what the Space Wolves said about the Thousand Sons was wrong. It ended proving more right.

Cetias also admits that the Space Wolves were right and that they, the Thousand Sons, deserved everything that happened to them.

Actual Thousand Sons > Fanboys especially lying ones like in this thread.

>Replying to bait

He said he is dropping his role as Executioner because it drove him away from his brothers and made his legion brotherless among the legions. That's it.

Needed to be said.

ThousandSonfags have no grounds to stand on. The universe says they were wrong and deserved purging.

>Being in this much denial
Kek.

Post proofs instead of baits.

If what the Sons were doing was so bad why was the edict of Nikaea reject almost exactly after Prospero? Why does the imperium rely on its psykers such as grey knights to fight the demons of the warp?

the night haunter did nothing wrong

the transexual sons were consorting with demons you moron

I know you haven't read it mate.
>inb4 I have
If so then go to the section when bjorn goes to talk to him. He admits right there that he built up the executioners meme himself.

the herald of Chaos or whatever mention Russ as the executioner m8

>‘Do not think I grieve for Magnus,’ Russ muttered. There was animus there still. ‘Do not make that mistake. He was executed, and that was what we were charged to do.’ His fingers dragged through Geri’s nape, harder now. ‘Magnus was a bastard. Magnus was a liar. Magnus would look you in the eye and lecture you while he blundered through the immaterium like a raging konungur. Hel, we always knew more than him– what to touch, what not to touch. Our bone-rattlers knew more than him. There’s intelligence, and there’s hubris. I don’t grieve for Magnus, not for a second. I’d do it again.’

As Russ put elegantly, Magnus was reckless and used the Warp with hubris. He arrogantly thought he was the master of the Warp until the Warp enslaved him. Imperial psykers are training is the opposite of what Magnus taught.

There is no real difference between sorcery and psychic power. Grey knights are admitted sorcerers. The edict was rejected by guilliman off hand when he saw how dumb it was.

>Trusting Russ to understand the warp
Wow sure thing guys. He seems like a fair and unbiased source. Perhaps we should check with mortarion too?

Wow, how shocking, dying to the super-primarch who is powered by Chaos juice that only the Emperor could defeat. Truly that renders Sanguinius at the very bottom of the Primarch stack.

Is this the relevant quote?
>‘They did,’ said Russ. ‘The Legion that leaves is not the one that entered. We came into the blood-well as executioners, and we leave as something else.’ He smiled. ‘We are changing, One-Handed. We are evolving.’
>‘Then where next?’
>‘I know not. The First have much to tell us, and they are close with their secrets. The fleet will not be ready to fight again for months, and it will never be the force it was – we must choose our fights now. Horus will be marching. I can feel it, like the drum of many footfalls, getting closer. When we meet him, we must be ready.’
>Since returning from Chimaera, Russ had often mentioned taking on Horus. It had become a mantra for him, an article of faith. There was no one else, in his mind, capable of landing the killing blow, no one with the sheer battle-fury needed to take the Warmaster down.
>Bjorn said nothing about that either. In the months ahead there would be many opportunities to talk of strategy, and now was not the time.

The Thousand Sons, who know the Warp better than anyone, admit he is right. check and mate.

Traitor legion tier list in line with current lore:

Actually legitimately did nothing wrong tier
>Magnus
>Omegon
>Angron
>Curze

Decent-ish reason for turning
>Pert

Fag tier
>Fulgrim

Faggy edgelord tier
>Mortarion

"Dindu nuffin" tier
>Alpharius
>Horus
>Lorgar

No that where he decides to drop the meme because he sees bjorn as the future of his legion cause everything must be forshadowed in BL.

>retarded primarch blinded by hate
>"""loyalist""""

>wasn't even at the Seige of Terra
>possibly more autistic than Pert
>"loyal"

RIP in piece you perfect son of a bitch.
Sanguinius is objectively the best

There is difference between using the warp recklessly and consorting with daemons, and using psychic power safely.

Magnus did not believe that there should be limits in his delving into the Warp and he was wrong.

Thousand Sons BTFO again

Did Sanguinius do anything of note other than dying?

This is it then?
>‘If the wyrd has been written…’ Russ tried to crack a half-hearted smile. ‘Consider us, One-Handed. We have always fought the wars of others. We have chased down every renegade and xenos and ripped their throats out. We have broken ourselves on the altar stone of my father’s will, and we were glad to do it, for it cemented our place by his side. We started to believe the stories we spun out of nothing to bring terror to our enemies. We were the attack dogs, the sentries, the watchers of the unwatchable.’
Bjorn didn’t like the sceptical tone in Russ’s voice. These were things that were true, things that defined the Legion.
>‘Always working alone,’ Russ said, shaking his head as if in bemusement. ‘Dragging my brothers to task, letting it be known that we would do anything – anything – to keep the Great Crusade intact. Hel, I even went after Angron. My wrecked brother. What did I think – that I’d succeed with him? What kind of arrogance was that?’
>‘We were necessary,’ said Bjorn evenly.
>‘Yes, yes we were, but for whom? What other Legion would have cracked itself apart on Prospero when it could have been carving out new worlds for the dross of humanity to rut and mewl on? Enough of it!’
>The old anger rushed back. A low growl shuddered through the air, picked up by the supine true-wolves, who snarled in sympathy.
>‘Jarl, I do not know what you are telling me,’ said Bjorn.
>‘Just this,’ said Russ, impatiently. ‘It cannot go on. My brother has ripped the Imperium apart with lies, and if we do not change ourselves then we will deserve no better than the sorcerers we destroyed. I will no longer be the axeman of the Emperor. I will no longer see my sons crippled, shorn of allies, clinging to old myths of primacy. There is a path here. There is a road through the briars, and we have to learn to see it.’

The Sons and Magnus didn't turn until they were forced too. It's like you forget he sent his warning and was punished for it? Saying it was reckless when they had a greater understand of the warp with libraries knowledge and texts, then at any other time in the imperiums history.

>Russ had come to Fenris, so they told him afterwards, during a time of storms. The skjalds still spoke of them– the northern skies cracking open, lit by sheets of silver, and the earth of unbreakable Asaheim shifting for the first and last time in mortal memory.

>Russ himself remembered none of that, nor of the time before, save for the fractured dreams that came to him in the brief lulls between battles– the smells of chemicals and the hum of arcane machinery; the half-aware sensation of floating in fluids, listening to the careful movements of attendants outside the amniotic tanks; the tick-tock of monitoring equipment; the whispering of voices that may or may not have been human.

>To have those memories was impossible, so they must have been projections from after the event, only crystallising once the Allfather had explained the circumstances of his creation. After that, Russ had been forced to accept that he had not been birthed on Fenris at all, and that the wolves, the ice, the storm and the summer-fire were all a random imposition on a childhood that had been conceived very differently.

>Of course, there was a sense in which he had always known that. Even before the Allfather had come he had felt the wrongness of it, as if some colossal sham had been perpetrated, locking him in a nightmare at once seductive and terrifying. The wolves bowed their heads before him, as did the mortal warriors he conquered or slew with such bewildering ease, and he wanted to scream at them, ‘Who are you? Why am I stronger than you?’

>There had been no understanding of this on Terra. The Emperor, the Allfather, his shifting visage always impossible to read, had kept him in isolation for a long time, doling out information in morsels, teaching him to use power armour, to command starships, to control the warp-awareness that ran through his veins as thickly as his hyperoxygenated blood.

>>Horus
>>dindu nuffin
well that's sort of true.
I mean the dark gods came to him and lorgar poisoned his mind

>>possibly more autistic than Pert
>>more autistic then pert
Dude, pert never gets first place in anything
Let him HAVE autism.

Defended the Infinity Gate alone for days during the siege of terra. Breaking the back of K'banda the Bloodthirster in awesome revenge. Generally being kind of overpowered compared to other primarchs. Having a legion that thirsts for blood.

Got it right there

They had bad understanding of the Warp. This is evidenced when Magnus screamed into the Warp for salvation for his legion and offered ANYTHING for it. At that moment, Tzeentch heard him and answered his plea. The price was Magnus's soul.

Also Magnus unknowingly communed with the Chaos Gods in more than one occasion, mostly Tzeentch. He couldn't recognize these entities for what they were.

>Dude, pert never gets first place in anything
>Let him HAVE autism.
It's so fitting though. Pert literally isn't even in first place for autism; he's the eternal second (or third) fiddle no one gives a shit about while still chugging along working hard. No wonder so many people on Veeky Forums like him so much.

>Horus dindu nufffin
>Lorgar poisoned his mind, he was a gud boy
No. Horus chose a corrupted life in service to the dark gods instead of a warrior's death. He will always be dindu tier.

>'I could leave Fenris now,’ Russ had once told his father. ‘The planet is too wild for life– it will never support the armies you deserve.’

>Leave Fenris. Unimaginable to think that he had ever said that. At the time of that exchange, decades ago, the Fenrisians of the VI Legion were being brutally moulded into the death world’s image. They had started to build the Fang, hollowing out the Great Mountain with earth-gougers the size of Warmonger Titans. The Emperor had clearly expected the Wolves to be drawn from the world of ice and fire, and that, whether by chance or design, their uniquely violent home would remain the proving crucible of the Legion.

>And so the pretence continued. Russ became more like the Fenrisians than they were themselves. He guzzled mjod with the baresarks, and wrestled blackmanes to the bloody snow, and roared out scorn and mirth across the sea of stars. He let the gothi adorn his armour and engrave his swords. He kept out of the counsels of Guilliman and the Lion, and ignored every emissary from Lorgar. He did just what the Allfather had told him– he became the weapon of last resort, the most faithful, the prosecutor of dirty wars.

>There was no resentment when Fulgrim’s purple-and-gold Legion took the Palatine Aquila, nor when Vulkan was taken aside for so long into secret confidence, nor, most of all, when Horus was made Warmaster and the arguments over who was the truly chosen son became academic. Russ knew, right down in his gut, that the Wolves had been made the way they were for a reason, that none other could perform their blood-soaked function. In the final analysis, were the Imperium to falter, it would be his foot pressed against the neck of any usurper, watched over by the benign and inscrutable gaze of his gene-father, the author and definer of all his misery and his uncertainty, all his bliss and all his glory.

>The Sons and Magnus didn't turn until they were forced too.

They were doomed when Fagnus started thinking he was smarter than literal Gods

And got nothing.

See The Emperor told him to be the Executioner and model his legion in that light.

Except for that part where he wasn't enslaved, he opted to join Chaos. And that part where Ahriman is still just going around doing whatever shit he wants.

Get outta here with that Imperial propaganda.

Is it any surprise that Magnus didn't know of tzeentch when his dad actively taught that he didn't exist?

Magnus's deals are also only in BL canon. In GW fluff he does it himself.

Don't bother mate. They'll listen to the opinion of Russ and state it as fact despite knowing that his whole deal is dogmatism and bigotry.
>muh savage tribalism and all

>he opted to join Chaos

Nah, he had no choice. He sold his soul to Tzeentch in exchange for lifting the Flesh change (temporarily).

>Ahriman

And that guy is a slave of Tzeentch and carries his mark. However, he is in denial.

Not talking to strangers, especially if they were from the infernal warp, is a child's lesson that should go without saying.

The primitive Runepriest and Stormseers knew this. What's Magnus's excuse?

>It's so fitting though. Pert literally isn't even in first place for autism; he's the eternal second (or third) fiddle no one gives a shit about while still chugging along working hard.
Honestly i don't see how any other character in the universe ranks up to him in autism.
Heard people talk about lion like that but i have no idea why.
>No wonder so many people on Veeky Forums like him so much.
He's confirmed for fa/tg/uy

>Horus chose a corrupted life
he a good boy
but seriously, crazed dreams coming to you during your death are always hard to trust.
Learning that no matter how many fedoras you tip goddes exist must of done quite a number
Still better than Morty
Morty needs to learn not to go on adventures with abusive male role models.
And to deal with his anger issues

It's not Russ's opinion. It's from the "A Thousand Sons" novel where Tzeentch pops up to mock Magnus and tells him of the deal he struck with him unknowingly.

T. Tzeentch

By the way, Malcador says that he can never bring himself to blame or hate Horus. However, he said, he fully blames Magnus because of all the overs he should have known better.

You know it's true though, user.

>Opted to join
>Literally placed in a position where his entire fucking legion of men he considered his children were about to be killed to the last
>Implying it's consent when your family is being held at gunpoint

Oh sorry are the dogs taking the words of a chaos god as truefull nowadays? Lol it's too funny.

How can anyone actually defend Magnus' actions? Like seriously man holy fuck he deserves a huge part of the blame for the disaster he bought on the Imperium and his homeworld

Yep, because Magnus fell on his knees and screamed at his stupidity. Then Tzeentch claimed his due in the end.

Don't try reasoning with Magnusfags. Like their fallen Primarch they are filled with hubris

ITT: People salty that their beloved furry primarch could have done something retarded after having a history of being brash

>really makes you think

Reminder that Lorgar is the most successful Primarch. He destroyed the Emperor's vision of the Imperium, reduced Ultramar from 500 worlds to 7, and became an exalted Daemon Prince in direct communion with the Dark Gods.

Ok but seriously, does anyone actually unironically like Lorgar?
Like to the point where he's your favorite primarch? Do people like that even exist?

He's pretty based as of Betrayer. Machiavellian schemer who can fight other Primarchs evenly finally.

Also he managed to be Angron's friend.

>Perturabo
>Decent reason for turning

>stuck in role that's not the best use of his talents
>not even a jealousy thing either
>crusade era worlds were basically super loyal
>wasn't even full power during crusades because repressed psyker
>was 100% correct about belief and it's power
>can chill with the gods knowing he probably brought the most change of all primarches

My favorite traitor Primarch desu
the irony is I like Guiliman too even if he was a right cunt at Monarchia

>reduced to quest giver bitch for fucking abaddon
yeah, that's real success

>hypocritical furry
>probably took the knot
>wants to ban psychic powers even though his legion relied on its totes not psyker rune priests
>filthy mutant whose scions are doomed to turn into furries

>Can't do anything wrong when you don't get the time to do anything at all

>fuck wolves
>get btfo'd by Lion
>fuck wolves
>be an unwitting pawn for Horus
>fuck wolves
>be a psyker in denial
>fuck wolves
>have psykers in your legion, still be in denial about it
>fuck wolves
>don't even manage to wipe out a legion of nerds, even with help of the custodes and the sisters of silence
>fuck wolves
>have a viking theme
>fuck wolves
Russ is literally bottom of the barrel tier, even below Mortarion