Being an outdoorsman/ecologist, my favourite theme is rangers/woodlands/explorers...

Being an outdoorsman/ecologist, my favourite theme is rangers/woodlands/explorers. I just love any fantasy art related to woodlands and have always loved places like Teldrassil and any folklore related to dryads, satyrs and so forth. But let's have a ranger art thread. Let's get the cosiest thread going.

The only ranger art I have on my computer at the moment.

This looks curiously similar to the elf's artwork from Gauntlet 2014

An interesting take on... rangers?

Hm, it does indeed

Also, the elf's artwork from Seven Sorrows was very nice

I'm not really a fan of WoW's hunters even though my main was one. I dislike the whole high tech guns thing WoW had going on. I'm not really a fan of guns anyway. Does anyone else feel like ranger = bow, hunter = rifle? I also prefer ranger, because it doesn't outright imply the sole purpose of the class/archetype is to hunt and kill all the time.

I like that I can sum up my archetype in any fantasy setting as "I'm Faramir". I even look a bit like him in the films.

Alan lee, Beleg Cuthalion

Aw, thread is dying

>less than tenminutes between the last two posts before yours
>dying

Fair enough.

Does anyone else have an affinity for rangers and woodlands?

My first character was one.

Very nice.

On another note I just bought myself a green cloak from Larp warriors.co.uk and my brother a black one. We will probably wear them when we go out camping.

Your first character was a woodland?

I really think it's an arbitrary distinction. I also do think a ranger with a wheellock is fine, I tend to prefer rangers whose bow is a secondary weapon anyway.