Why do they keep introducing all these interesting, fun...

Why do they keep introducing all these interesting, fun, interesting and diverse planeswalkers; but as soon as their expansion is over they get swept under the rug and the boring, milquetoast, bland, one-dimensional ones hog the spotlight again?

It's specially frequent with the female ones.
What gives, WotC?

Being boring means that they can be dropped into any situation the writers want. Interesting people have interaction with their environments that make them harder to move outside of them. Not impossible, but this is the easy way to do things.

>Why do they keep introducing all these interesting, fun, interesting and diverse planeswalkers; but as soon as their expansion is over they get swept under the rug and the boring, milquetoast, bland, one-dimensional ones hog the spotlight again?
Overexposure to any character will make them bland. While I agree that every character outside the main 5 should get more cards printed, the correct way to do this is not to just print shitloads of them. Sorin, for example, didn't need a card in KTK. Overprint any character, and ypeople will get sick of them.
The main 5 are also monocolor, meaning they can fit in more decks in any standard environment. One-off characters tend to be multicolor, and so they're more specialized and their design space is more limited.

>It's specially frequent with the female ones.
No it isn't.

You can play your meme waifus now and no one will make fun of you.

>A girl with autism
>Interesting

Ojutai couldn't bring himself to kill her because she's too autistic to know what she's doing. He should have just frozen her and saved us the time

More interesting than fucking Liliana at least

I never really understood why the werewolf walker was a lesbian...

Because boring, generic Justice League rip-offs ultimately sell like hot cakes among the mouth breathing masses, whereas diverse and interesting characters require too much thought and only serve as flavoring for the banal villain of the week plots Wizards is selling.

Why did Tamiyo get shoe horned into Bant when her and her tribe have been mono-blue as fuck since the get go? Because the main character of Magic is mono-blue. Why don't we see Garruk anymore, even though he is a perfect representation of what green actually does as a color? Because we need a tree hugging elf to complete the environmental justice ensemble. Why did Wizards spend three blocks, ruin two planes, and kill off several interesting characters hyping up the Eldrazi only to kill them forever via deus ex machina bullshit? Because they needed a way to show off the Jacestice's League's power and solidify the group.

I wonder why Wizards even bothers with the non-Gatewatch walkers at this point if they're just going to kill them off/forget about them once the block is over. They could copy Justice League word for word at this point with how they've oriented the plot.

Why wouldn't she be one?

>introducing all these interesting, fun, interesting and diverse planeswalkers; but as soon as their expansion is over they get swept under the rug

Because keeping planewalkers turn them into boring, milquetoast, bland, one-dimensional ones. Keep churning new ones. THAT adds diversity.

>Why don't we see Garruk anymore, even though he is a perfect representation of what green actually does as a color?

Fucking this. Garruk was the shit, but then they swept him under the rug after pretending he might have existed in maybe 2 cards and a mobile game for Magic 2015 for the elf bitch who they retconned to save face so they could shove more hippy green down our throats.

I miss Krosa green.

She wasn't.

She was in the same story as a lesbian couple, but we have no idea what Arlinn's sexuality is.

Because it makes her a deep and complex character

They're adding members to the Gatewatch. There's a good chance Ajani joins up in Aether Revolt

Plus they're trying to pass Vess as a hero now, having Garruk around to remind what she did to him would undermine that

>bolas joins the gatewatch after phyrexians invade amonkhet

Mfw its not even that far fetched.

I'd like to believe OP is a cute autistic asian girl and she's butthurt because the one walker she could relate to is no longer in the mix

The rest of the gatewatch is just there to hide the fact they are milking jace and chandra.

>milking jace
lewd

Is OP your waifu? I'm sorry your waifu is butthurt.

At least Narset gets to hang out with Tamiyo and Ajani. Kiora had her entire character arc end with Jace saying 'no' and she's probably never coming back.

Friendly reminder that elspeth is dead and burning forever in hell

not autistic autistic, just mild ocd
the medication helps

Bitch, Tamiyo is just as asian and just as autistic

Friendly reminder she died on the fucking greek plain shes easy to bring back.

Not that I think Liliana is great: But Garruk 100% started that fight. Honestly she would've been in the right if she killed him.