theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-october-2016/
>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/pumpkin-bombs-of-info-for-halloween-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Do you guys have any homebrews? i know that aspel made a Vicissitude supplement and guy a while back made a JoJo one.

Other urls found in this thread:

tmblr.co/ZIFdmw1LjRyuD
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw1LjXAra
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw1o-mJcX
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw1pEEBQt
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw27KSZGO
strawpoll.de/a82y4s5
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw2ENsJGA
youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk8UdV7GQ0
501st.com/
theonyxpath.com/pre-election-day-coverage-monday-meeting-notes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is the defense for the rich really that far off from wanting monarchy?
I'd say yes. Were he French or German I wouldn't bat an eye, since both countries have a strong history with monarchism. But America is a country founded on republicanism.
Eh. Modern monarchists are generally more social conservatives than libertarians, at least in Europe. Neo-feudalists are nutjobs, even more than ancaps.
I have posted a couple of bloodlines in these threads before: the Sternberg and VtR Samedi. I'm working on a few others.

America is founded on a lot of things that modern Republicans tend to forget, like Religious freedom. A lot of the Neo-Monarchist crowd are pretty Libertarian, from what I've seen (which admittedly isn't much). Plus there's the people who want a transhumanist techno-libertarian world run by a Godlike machine like Roko's Basilisk.

I've made a *lot* of homebrew beyond the Vicissitude one. I'm not sure whether I should link my catgirls or the magical girls, though. There's also the Whipping Boys, though I need a capstone power for them. Nothing feels suitable for a fifth Attainment.

I should probably try my hand at a Lodge, or Entitlement. Or more Bloodlines. I still love Bloodlines the most.

>Catgirls
I should remake these from scratch. I could do the Bloodline Bane better
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw1LjRyuD
>Magical Geist weapons
This one is actually so bland I forgot about it
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw1LjXAra
>Magical Girls (v2)
I'm super proud of this, I don't even care how much people hate the very idea
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw1o-mJcX
Sample Magical Girl
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw1pEEBQt
>Holiday Conditions that didn't win :The Whipping Boys, revamped for 2e
I like a lot of my choices here. Particularly the Session mechanics (though I'm not sure I explain them well) and the fact that the Session is their ritual.
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw27KSZGO

Hello, Aspel.

So this has given me ideas for what I want for my haven/safe place, just sharing incase anyone doesn't know it exists.

I didn't know were the one that made the magical girl conspiracy. They have a cool endowment, even if I don't like the whole fandom angle. It just seems silly.

Honestly, if it were something totally about Fandom or something totally around Pactio, it'd be better. As it is, it's pretty disjointed.

Agreed. It kind of reminds me of the Ascending Ones, who would work better as three distinct conspiracies who may or may not share the same endowment.

Jesus christ this is awful, how is everyone eating it up like it's the best candy? Christ I hate Hill Jr.

the weaknesses aren't any grander, it's more vampire than changeling and it's fucking broken.

>how is everyone eating it up like it's the best candy?

Chrodniggers

For fucks sake! Knock this shit off! It is getting way, way, more obnoxious than Any stupid shit Aspel ever did.

Also, Aspel, get a fucking Trip, so we can get rid of this fucking culture of "accusing everyone we dislike of being Aspel."

They're not going to trip and we have to accept this. This is just how it's going to be until there's no more generals, unfortunately. As long as the bait goes out, people will pick it up, because Veeky Forums never learns.

Fucking apprently man, I'm not super far in the thread, but everyone so far has sung Jr's fucking praises.

This is getting old, the site's big enough for everyone, everyone fights everyone anyways, whats the difference ?

strawpoll.de/a82y4s5

Why do you feel like it would work better as an either/or thing? I mean, I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but at the same time I like the Pactio mechanic of needing to take on a Ban. Feels very faerie. I mean, I suppose the faerie aspect can feel a little weird tied to the fandom magical girl thing, but at the same time how else would I tie it to the CofD?
How would you handle it?

>Agreed. It kind of reminds me of the Ascending Ones, who would work better as three distinct conspiracies who may or may not share the same endowment.
Also elaborate on this.

I don't remember why I did the fandom thing, but it seemed like an interesting take on a Hunter organization.

Also, fuck it. Here's my Open Call submission.
>Group of Slasher survivors turned Slasher Hunters and maybe on the verge of being Slashers themselves
tmblr.co/ZIFdmw2ENsJGA

But then the thread would just be about how I should stop tripping because tripcodes are for egotistical shits.
I mean, I got rid of the trip because that's how every thread went. Veeky Forums can't stand knowing who people are. Anonee mouse is leejun

Look at Amatajakki. Noone complains there. Because it makes the thread less of a civil war.

>how is everyone eating it up like it's the best candy?
Is everyone eating it up like candy though?
Onyxpath forums are one big circle jerk where critique is barely allowed and half of people there see themselves as aspiring RPG developers who try to score favour of actual devs by sucking up to them.

>I did the fandom thing

Well there's the hunter combat that's a bunch of sorority sisters. Conventions are slowly become more and more of a thing in the public mind. They started as mostly a business thing, but anime and gaming sort of push into that space of our culture. Girl in costumes tend to do that.

Convection centers was listed in the vamp book as a feeding place. And I do remember in the original MIB comic book, the agents went to a convention.

Ok so design challenge: how do you set a plot in / during a convention?

Requiring someone to act differently from everyone else to accommodate some one else hatred. Look I'm not one to point out such things. BUT Hows the front of the bus looking?

Alright explain Gecko?

You got two choices:

1. Dump Pactio and focus on a fandom Compact that uses its love for a show as a means of facing the supernatural, spreading information, and facing the unknown.

Or

2. Dump the fandom stuff, focus on Pactio, and have an completely straight and serious Magical Girl Conspiracy with dark hints at a Fae patron.

I think Pactio is a great endowment, and I basically agree with . Having the two groups separate but coexisting is also a possibility.

About the Ascending Ones, many books insist that they are practically three different conspiracies. I would actually make them different organisations in the rules as well, with different status merits and maybe different elixirs/alchemical stuff.
>The Knife of Paradise are either the "true" successors of the cult of the Phoenix or others that took their torch after they died out. They are basically the Union with alchemy and a mystic bent.
>The Jagged Crescent are one of their splinter groups. They are too powerful to be re-absorbed and have basically stopped taking orders from them.
>The Southern Temple is a completely unrelated group of Western alchemists who just happen to have a similar endowment

I think the extra stuff was put in there to demonstrate how even cells in the same conspiracy don't always see eye to eye on things. But yeah regionalism is a thing, when your threats are local

Is there "spell control" for Legacy Attainments?
Say a Fate-Based Legacy has an Attainment which simulates Forge Destiny, with duration primary, and reach for prolonged duration.

Could you just use that Attainment on a procession of individuals, each taking one hour to do so, in order to give them 3-dots worth of Supernatural Merits for about a year?

That would be enough to equip a cadre of Sleeper assistants with potent Supernatural abilities such as Aura Reading, Clairvoyance, Laying on Hands, Medium, Omen Sensitivity, any given form of Psychokinesis, Psychometry, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Thief of Fate or just plain and simple Unseen Sense.

You could make your own X-Men.

>Alright explain Gecko?
I assume you refer to some user of onyxpath forums, but due to aforementioned reasons I don't frequent it often enough to know every idiot there.

>Onyxpath forums are one big circle jerk where critique is barely allowed and half of people there see themselves as aspiring RPG developers who try to score favour of actual devs by sucking up to them.

Most accurate description of the OPP forums.

>Alright explain Gecko?

He didnt get on with the cocksucking so he was kicked out.

I'm baffled man, people even mention that they get knee jerk reactions to splat crossing and knowing it's a stigma. But then they go on an praise a fucking bad attempt at it.

I'd rather play a Abomination than these things, at least then I'd feel like something ACTUALLY double cursed.

That goes WAY back to oWoD and the Samuel Haight Fiasco when they were in the "We're just figuring this shit out as we go along." phase.

Aspel? You're a pedo. Shut the fuck up and stop comparing yourself to Rosa Parks.

Looking an awful lot like culture appropriation, you god damn gorilla.

You aren't Rosa Parks, you are that annoying guy at the end of the street claiming that he's above the law

If a law has been broken user, its your duty as a citizen to report it to the authorities

Obvious Samefag

There's nothing wrong with being a paedo as long as you don't break the law.

Plenty of people do, just not that often.
I've complained about plenty of things, and Hill seemed to appreciate it. Although I've also complained about plenty of things and he said I wasn't acting in good faith.

I meant "what do you mean it would work better if it were only about fandoms hunting?"
I mean, the idea is not solely the conventions, it's the communities that form around nerdshit.
I was reading stuff about how fandom has helped people get over anxieties or depression or things like that, and felt like that sort of thing would be a good catalyst for Hunters. Instead of coming together for things like sick kids, they kill evil faeries and hobgoblins.

>Ok so design challenge: how do you set a plot in / during a convention?
Actually, that's the plot to one of the Dresden Files books. Proven Guilty. A monster movie creature comes to life and attacks people at a horror movie convention, Splattercon!!!

That's not even me you incompetent shits :V
Get off your high horses.

Defending your shitposting as important as a landmark political movement is the absolute height of hubristic narcissm that would make even a scelestus go, "Woah there, buddy, think about someone other than yourself."

I suppose I could see it working as a compact, though that'd lose the Magical Girl element.
What about the fandom stuff doesn't work with Pactio and the Magical Girl stuff?
My way of seeing it is that the magical faerie bullshit came first, and then they rallied around the fandom second, due to the de facto founder using manga and then anime as an outlet. I mean, it's that aspect that I feel makes it a *conspiracy*. Albeit a conspiracy about Moichendaizing as opposed to anything more sinister.
̶P̶l̶u̶s̶,̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶M̶a̶g̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶G̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶c̶h̶a̶n̶i̶s̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶r̶u̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶a̶c̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶i̶f̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶g̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶

>About the Ascending Ones, many books insist that they are practically three different conspiracies.
I actually never even knew that. I knew about the Cult of the Phoenix and Khaibit connections, but not the three groups thing. Where's that?
Although I think has it right.

People have a kneejerk reaction to outright double-template shenanigans. The difference here is that it's a merged template. This is also why no one really cares about the Tremere (at least, in nWoD; in oWoD people hate them for the fact that they're bullshit, not that they're wizard-vampires) or the Dead Wolves. Crossover stuff is fun and neat and good in small doses.

People like the Vampling because Hill actually took what themes the two had in common and intertwined it, instead of just Samuel Haighting.

That's not me you incompetent shit :V

Also, he's right, though; I'm not going to do something to make your life easier when you're just going to continue to shitpost about me. Why would I? I'll get a trip when you do.

>That's not even me you incompetent shits :V
>Get off your high horses.

See? This is why I want you to get a fucking trip, so that we can stop this shit.

I didn't say it was, you unlovable sack of shit.

nah I think the part where they beat the fuck out of a hundred nigis slightly more landmark than getting arrested

They don't mesh because one part is a widespread international fandom, and the other part is a splat targeted strike force with an Endowment that doesn't connect well with the rest of the Conspiracy as a whole, with a threadbare hint at the constructive forces of fandom to serve as connective tissue.

I have read Proven Guilty. It was a good book. don't spoil the rest of the Series! I'm excited for it.

Changeling Dreaming, was kind of suppose to be an metaphor for depression and using fantasy to manage it, and get back to a normalish life. And actually you can say the same thing about Lost

>̶P̶l̶u̶s̶,̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶M̶a̶g̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶G̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶b̶u̶l̶l̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶c̶h̶a̶n̶i̶s̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶r̶u̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶a̶c̶t̶i̶c̶

You know .... Cults use a technique called Lovebombing. after the machinations of being played along like a fiddle for some fae, I can see where a little kindness can convince someone to drop everything and join a suicide squad

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk8UdV7GQ0

So guys, would you say this is a good comparision to what a Technocrat and Mage would talk like in a discussion. You know, if they where retards like the ALways Sunny crew.

So, I'm making a custom legacy, it's basically a cross between the Brotherhood of the Demon Wind (with the weeabo shit tuned down), and the Perfected Adepts (only focused on external projection, rather than internal perfection).
They will be really high on the discipline thing, would it be a reasonable way for a Legacy to function, to demand that adherents spend an hour a day meditating on their concepts, to activate the Attainments, but then have them active until they go to sleep?

Or people could stop being shits.

I don't know. I mean, I just see the magical girl faerie aspects as justifying the fandom aspects in-setting, and the fandom aspects justifying the magical girl aspects out-of-setting. The fandom aspects, to me, work *because* they're actual magical girls. If they were more general fandom focused, the monster hunting aspects would be weird.

>don't spoil the rest of the Series! I'm excited for it.
Spoilers: It's great.
I don't know if I'd say that Lost is about managing depression using fantasy, and I don't know if I'd say that Dreaming has aspects of "getting back to a normal life". Dreaming--especially as my CtD loving friend sees it--is a game more or less about abandoning your life and hating the responsibilities and Banality that comes with a normal life.

I mean, Lost *is* about managing depression, though. And abuse.

Eh, maybe. Like I said, the "we're just like in the TV show" aspect is what makes the fandom part work for me. If your chuuni daydreams are REAL, then of course you'd be willing to make a deal with Kyuubei.

Have the Attainments activated by a Ritual (that takes one scene). Normally you can tweak the spell factors to last days, but just give it an arbitrary cap.

>Have the Attainments activated by a Ritual (that takes one scene). Normally you can tweak the spell factors to last days, but just give it an arbitrary cap.

Yeah. That's kind of what I wanted to do. Cap them at 1 day, no matter the Arcanum limit, but activate most of them with just one ritual.

>Or people could stop being shits.
Possible answer #1: Yeah. Or someone could drive up to my house and give me a million Euros. Not gonna happen either.

Possible answer #2: Let's start with you then? Since people complain about the rampant Aspel-accusations, the obvious way to not be a shit is to make it easier to determine who is Aspel and who isn't.

>deal with Kyuubei

Work out so well over seas

Activating all attainments at once, in exchange for maximum duration of one day sounds fair.

I'd write it into their philosophy however. Perhaps something like "sleep disorders the mind with the influences of the Astral, meditation puts your house in order again"

Also how dare you slander one of my favorite Legacies.

I was mostly thinking about it in terms of the relative inaction of sleep disperses the focused energy they force into their bodies.

Just as a caveat, remember for that you've got to slap some reach on it for Duration, and Duration will likely be the primary factor for many spells.

Sound good, I'd also say that you HAVE to sleep, to unwind. Otherwise that focussed energy would tear their mind and body apart in time.

Otherwise some dickbag with Life would just use the no-sleep-needed spell, and get persistently active attainments.

Yeah. I'm basically taking the instant action Reach and instead placing it on Advanced Duration.

It's also worth, at higher attainment levels, looking back at the earlier attainments and seeing what you can do with the extra reach you've got floating around.

Most higher-practice spells you'll find more use casting as actual spells with more flexible reach and spell factors.

Don't you want to be a magical girl?

Or people could stop worrying about who is or isn't Aspel.

But he's just the worst user, on here and in social settings. He's non-redeemable, he needs fucking meds.

They still don't click together, because it doesn't really follow why someone in an otherwise ordinary fandom would automatically jump into embracing Pactio and doing magical girl things, even if they're big fans of the material. People in fandom aren't all "chuunis", and even those faced with the reality of the situation may still hesitate before taking up the Vigil.

If it was all a front for an Aum Shinrikyo style religion, which did use anime and manga to spread its doctrine, it might be easier to swallow, but it doesn't seem like you're willing to go down that route. We get told that the fandom does everything it can to help deal with Fae related problems, but we all we actually get is just an Endowment that's more or less used just for combat. Because of that, I'm not even sure why the Conspiracy even has Circle, it might as well all just boil down to being a Pretty Soldier.

There's also the fact that in Madoka, "becoming a Magical Girl" wasn't in itself the real goal for most of the characters. Each person who took up the contract wanted something deeply personal beyond that: Mami wanted to live, Sayaka wanted love, Homura wanted redemption. Even Madoka takes up the contract in the name of cosmic absolution. Compared to your influence, the motivation of your Conspiracy as is comes off as hollow. Focusing on one aspect and dumping the other, whichever you choose, creates a stronger, more focused faction.

Man, that feel when you need to think about a Androgynous name for someone from Iberia in the 1200s. Fuck why did I have to do a dark ages vampire.

John

Universal name

>user projects
Why bother shitposting about it, though?

Well, they're fandoms of specifically these magical girls. I swear there was some anime with a similar premise (or maybe it was Digmon Season 3), but the idea is that they're fans of these magical girls who get attacked by Faeries or have their friends and loved ones replaced by Fetches or eaten by Hobgoblins or have their souls stolen by Changelings or whatever. So along comes these people who say that it's all real and the character can make a bargain to fight back against her nightmares.

>all we actually get is just an Endowment that's more or less used just for combat.
Hrm. Does it really come off that way? I tried to have non-combat stuff, like Light of Truth, Big Sister Says, Kiss Kiss Fall in Love, and Hope's Blessing (and maybe Mascot).
Also, Madoka's not the *only* influence, just the most obvious. Ideally the actual characters of anyone involved in the conspiracy would have noble reasons for taking up the Vigil. Or at least what Hunters tell themselves are noble.

>If it was all a front for an Aum Shinrikyo style religion, which did use anime and manga to spread its doctrine, it might be easier to swallow, but it doesn't seem like you're willing to go down that route.
I mean, it's not quite what I wanted to do for this, but it does kind of seem like a good idea.
I'd actually had an idea a while back for a Universal Brotherhood/Scientology inspired Conspiracy where the front face of the Conspiracy was a peace and love and unity cult, but the Hunters were essentially Lovecraftian Power Rangers, a la the Tagers from CthulhuTech.

There are Johns in Iberia? Wait girls can be called John?

Every variation of every culture has Johns

>Projecting

Rory, I've talked to you a long time, I've talked to your friends, people that don't like you and people don't care.

You're kinda awful in every scenario I've seen you in.

Also lets be honest, people shitpost becuase it's fun and this is a anonymous place. Plus people like to complain

>Or people could stop worrying about who is or isn't Aspel.

It's not hard to figure out. They always reply to multiple people in their posts. Not one or two, but four or more people in a row. They also always drag every conversation back to their special homebrew we're all sick of hearing about.

I haven't noticed Aspel talking about their homebrews in ages...

>There are Johns in Iberia? Wait girls can be called John?

Anywhere there is Christianity, there are Johns. You could go with the Greek form, Ioannes or Yahya for Persian/Arabic, or Yochanan for Hebrew.

Right, but that's still a fandom. It's pretty wide and diverse, even if it's just over a single piece of media, which means it still doesn't really follow.

See, here's the thing. You've got two seperate ideas here: You've got people being offered a dark pact to deal justice, and you've got people drawn into the world of their fantasies with a dark twist. Both of these are strong hooks on their own, but you don't tie the knot between the two very well, and it makes both weaker. This is why we say to focus on one or the other, because either one will create a faction with a stronger hook and theme.

And yeah, Pactio does come off that way. And that's fine, comitting violence is an inevitable part of the Hunt. It's just that as it is, it only weakens the greater picture of your Conspiracy. It makes me unsure about why the other two Circles are there at all when they'll have a smaller share of Pactio to choose from when pursuing their aspect of the Vigil.

You've either got to focus more on a Vader's Fist type org a la Habiti Ma, or focus more on the mystical revenge aspects with deep secrets, a la Knights of St. George.

ATAMAJAKKI IF U HERE

have they told the scion backers anything new? didn't have the money to b ack at the time

user, I am literally doing it in this thread...
People talking about the topic of the thread? How terrible!
Also, that was me you were replying to, so it clearly is harder than you think

>people drawn into the world of their fantasies with a dark twist
See, I don't really see it that way. I mean, yes, many of the Senshi are people who will probably have liked the franchise, but to me it's the other way around. It's that people are trying to turn their horrible reality into something a lot easier to deal with. It's like someone getting superpowers in a relatively down to earth setting and deciding to become a superhero because that's the kind of lens that helps them deal with doing fucked up weird supernatural shit. Although I've said before that I want to make a character with Supernatural Merits who makes a costume and deals in vigilantism.

But ultimately, it's not solely that they're using anime to convert people into their cult. It's that they're using anime as a coping mechanism, which is why I went with the fandom aspect. Because a lot of people come to fandoms and use it to cope with abuse or disabilities or things like that. Here they're using a magical girl anime and doujinshi projects to cope with the things they do out there for real.

I mean, *to me* the fandom thing is a perfect fit. I just wish that other people liked it as much as I do. And I also felt like most of the Pactio powers were for non-combat, or at least not direct combat things. Maybe I should make more powers, that have more non-combat effects. Also, ultimately there's always one subgroup that more or less represents the whole Org. Combat, Research, and Support is a common divide.
I don't know, maybe it's just something that I'll always like more than anyone else.

>Vader's Fist
What?

4/5, not bad :^)

Dood you do know he goes there/does worse than /d/ all the time right? I mean, have you seen his kink list/f-list profiles.

Is there a reason your posting random shit? I thought that was b/ and a/ territory

Fandom as a coping mechanism works, it's just that the leap to "and then they make a dark pact to become a magical girl and do Hunter things" doesn't feel natural with how you've presented it. It could possibly work if every possible part of the compact was presented as an elaborate ruse like what might be happening in Tomboy, but then there's only one obvious storyline from that and that's not very fun.

The fandom aspects could be a good fit, but here it's just a tacked on aspect to an otherwise OK take on wronged people taking power for vengeance. If the fandom aspect was split into a seperate thing, that'd be fine.

>What?

Well there's half the problem right there! Getting familiar with how fandom actually gets involved with the community is a great way of helping you figure out a better way to tie the two parts of the Conspiracy together. Also, if you still haven't watched Madoka or Nanoha since you've written that...you might want to get around to that. Symphogear might work too, since it's got a very similar vibe.

>Getting familiar with how fandom actually gets involved with the community

mostly like a cult. The more loyal and dedicated you are, that more they let you into their little circle. It spiraling ring of popularity contests

>Fandom as a coping mechanism works, it's just that the leap to "and then they make a dark pact to become a magical girl and do Hunter things" doesn't feel natural with how you've presented it
No, no. You've got it backwards. They're given the opportunity to hunt--essentially the whole "I can help you protect those you care about" schtick--and *then* use the fandom as a coping mechanism. There could in theory be people with Pactio abilities who aren't part of the Conspiracy, and simply don't know or care about the Magical Girl trappings. But essentially the "usual" way it works is that the members of the Conspiracy save someone or otherwise come to the rescue, use "hey, this is just like an anime" as a way to explain it to new girls, and then the new girl gets involved in the community because writing a manga about the shit that happened to you is the only way that you can "talk" to anyone about it.

It's not that you get involved in this anime fandom that turns out to be a secret cult.
It's that you become a magical girl and the other magical girls use their fandom as a support group. The fandom comes AFTER becoming a magical girl. I mean, you could be involved in the fandom as a mortal, and then end up as a Senshi, but it's not a recruitment tool so much as a way to coat the bitter pill and keep people from freaking out as much.

>Well there's half the problem right there! Getting familiar with how fandom actually gets involved with the community is a great way of helping you figure out a better way to tie the two parts of the Conspiracy together.
I know about fandoms, albeit mostly as an outsider, since I'm incapable of things like "enjoyment".
I meant "what the hell does Vader's Fist mean and how does that relate to Habibti Ma?"

Cliiiiiiiques

501st.com/

I'm still not getting how that connects to Habibti-Ma, but it's been a long day and I'm running on empty.

>The fandom comes AFTER becoming a Magical Girl

But then the fandom just being a regular fandom beyond the Conspiracy makes even less sense. An already flimsy explanation becomes even more so when exposed to the deeper strangeness of the Fae, and it's going to shatter by the time they hit their second or third Merit dot. So then it either has to become a religion or its members drive itself deeper into delusion, making the deeper parts of the fandom into something like the Final Fantasy VII house but with actual magic powers. That's certainly scary in its own way, but maybe not exactly what you might want and that's not the impression of the character arc that I get from the Conspiracy.

The more you try to link the two together, the more it falls apart, especially since we're not really shown how they use their fandom to cope and heal, which again, might be remedied by looking onto the 401st and other fandom charity and volunteer programs. I bring up Habiti Ma because they deal with their threat from the side: they deprogram Cultists and try to reunite families.

A fandom that helps people cope with the supernatural in that kind of style can evoke how fandoms can be constructive parts of the community while still interacting with the CofD, without the unnecessary baggage of strange and sinister pacts.

Alternatively, you could have a cult that uses a modern day fairy tale as the root of their Fae hunting religion based around a sinister pact, without the added baggage of how modern fandoms operate.

But how it works is that there were some teenage girls that made deals with faeries to protect their loved ones, then one of them started drawing manga to cope with it. That's what the Conspiracy is.

Not everyone who's involved in the fandom is part of the Conspiracy, but people who become part of the Conspiracy do tend to become involved in the fandom, because the Conspiracy uses it to keep from going crazy.

>we're not really shown how they use their fandom to cope and heal
Well, the main work and the doujin projects are all about the things that the Senshi face. Not the monsters, but the emotional toll. Having that to relate to is a pretty big thing, as is having the outlet to memorialize your actions and the actions of your friends using the doujinshi stuff.
There's also the Big Sisters, Little Sisters, who do rehab and therapy.
Although reading it again, maybe you're right. I still like the magical girl faerie contract elements, but I *could* add more to elaborate on the hows and whys of the actual fandom support group part. I'd originally been trying to make it short and sweet, but then made 12 powers because fuck it.

Also, while the grimdark magical girl thing is mainly Madoka, I think a bigger inspiration for the Conspiracy is Touhou, and maybe Fate.

But for now I sleep.

M20 Question.

Can you still make ranged attacks with Prime 2? For whatever retarded reason, they seem to have dropped the list of common effects that used to follow after each sphere.

Man fuck the vampire/changelings. Why would a Dev think that splat decking was a good idea, have they not learned? With all the praise the idea is getting I'm worried it's going to end up in a book, espically that crossover book.

The problem is that it's still a large fandom that's existed for thirty years, with plenty of depth in pop culture. It's hard to imagine someone latching onto the Conspiracy and taking the pact without already being aware of the property and being a fan before they took up the Vigil, and even then the Conspiracy will just end up something akin to a Mystery Cult by the modern day, using the manga as a kind of religious text. This is why the two parts of the Conspiracy don't really mesh so well: the has the name of the fandom and talks about the fandom as a whole, but is actually something that would only be a tiny fraction of the actual fandom in practice, while not going deep enough into either part.

So you've either got to focus on the grimdark magical girls, or the fandom as a force against Fae itself. If you focus on the former, absolutely watch Madoka, Nanoha, and Symphogear before your next draft. If you focus on the later, research fandom oriented charity and volunteer works before your next draft.

>the has the name of the fandom and talks about the fandom as a whole, but is actually something that would only be a tiny fraction of the actual fandom in practice, while not going deep enough into either part.
That's intentional, though?

It's not even supposed to be the fandom as a force against Fae itself.

Its just his stupid homebrew, a la Rose Bailey's Twilight homebrew.

Wait what, she made a twilight homebrew? What the hell I thought she was good.

Any feasible way to not be fucked over by mages using Correspondence or Space to pew pew you, drop frag grenades on you, etc., as much as they like, if you are a nonmage or a mage that lacks Correspondence/Space/etc?

Sorry, meant her, Rose was Ross at the time.

The premise was that fear frenzy and pain was a self defense mechanism, but they don't actually burn, just sparkle, and they can fight through it and get used to it flawlessly.

1. Don't give them a reason to
2. Get someone else to use some shielding Magic on you
3. It takes minimum Space 3 in order to do that, 4 if you want to actually do it propertly
4. Don't let them get any kind of Sympathy to you, and it's hard as shit to do
5. Get them first

Really though, any Mage who's happy to just try and fucking assassinate you like that is some fucked up asshole who you should 100% go to the Consilium/whatever-it-is-in-Ascension about.

It's why the two parts don't work well together, intention doesn't really play a part in it.

If a mage wants you dead and you've done something retarded like give them your name you kind of deserve it. Sympathy even with magic is something that takes time to develop. Even then, they still have to worry about effects. But it'd probably be better to find a power to shield against that. Unless it's fairly impossible. The alternative moving to another realm.

However, someone can't just casually just drop it on you unless they minmaxed a legacy that gives them access to essentially free scrying.

In all practically you won't have to worry about it unless your ST wants you to die or wants you to deal with it.

It's impossible to get free scrying.
Even if you have enough reach to get the sympathetic connection without paradox, it still takes a point of mana, and a yantra.

Also I really dislike the justification for a stick figure counting. Even if you'd like your character to think that represents them, I cannot see the sympathy sticking without at least a bit more effort.

I'd probably force at least a voodoo doll with a piece of something that belonged to the person.

theonyxpath.com/pre-election-day-coverage-monday-meeting-notes/

New Monday Meeting Notes.

Kithbook: Boggans (Changeling the Dreaming 20) is in First Draft.

World of Darkness: Ghost Hunters is in First Draft

Mortal Remains: Beast the Primordial is in Editing.

It looks like Conquering Heroes, the Beast antagonist book, will be upon us soon.

>World of Darkness: Ghost Hunters is in First Draft
Damn it. For a moment there I thought it was a CofD book, before I realized the name.

Then I remembered that they don't do CofD books any more.