Swords wouldn't be practical against this monster/enemy/whatever!

>swords wouldn't be practical against this monster/enemy/whatever!
>not realising that a sword represents more than a weapon, but is the heroic implement of a character and his ability to morally overcome evil

shitpost general?

>not realizing the sword also represents the phallus and the male fantasy of fucking everything in sight

always carry a backup piece

I'm not shitposting.
Just pointing out that a sword can be more than a weapon in fantasy.

>and the male fantasy of fucking everything in sight
We don't want to fuck EVERYTHING in sight. I have no desire to stick my dick in my desk for example.
Or fat chicks.

Touche. an excellent parry.

>Touche.
>an excellent parry.
pick one

engarde?

you're really putting me against the fence here.

God, I'm laughing so bad, well done anons.

>his ability to morally overcome evil
Sorry but swords don't help you be a more moral person, and morality doesn't help you defeat anything anyway.
Plus being evil has better perks. For example, become a wizard, advance to lichdom, live forever, recycle used body parts, It's good for the environment and you can even build your own wife. It's a pretty great package.
Statistics show sentient undead are far happier in unlife than they were in life. You can finally achieve all your dreams without having to worry about silly things like food, water, shelter, or having to go to the bathroom. You'll have so much free time on your hands you wont know what to do with it all.

>morality doesn't help you defeat anything anyway.
Plenty of fantasy works focuses on the triumph of those who are more virtuous.
The sword is a weapon, and therefore a symbol of authority. A lot heroes use swords, so it represents their moral authority and power.

Obviously this was one example of what a sword could represent, it could represent evil for example.

To be the master of the sword is to have the power to force your will upon the world simply by drawing that sword.

To be the master of yourself and bring forth the change without ever drawing that sword is to be just.

To recognize that one must cede their own individual morality for the sake of others and accept the punishment that awaits them gladly is to be a hero.

This is a hammer.
It represents a hammer.
It is used to hammer things until they die.

A hammer could represent a lot of things.
Being a tool of craft, it can represent humble origins or practicality.

ITT: Pretentious Faggots.

>m-meaning is pretentious!
>I-I just like mindless popcorn flick tier fantasy!
shoo shoo pleb

>that filename
>still didn't remember to remove the watermark

It is also used to hammer things until they stick together, creating something greater than the sum of their parts. Like houses, wagons, or piles of things with dents.

>Statistics show
The same thing as lies and damn lies.

Keeping the phallus thing in mind you basically just admitted to touching dicks together.

Whoops meant the gent you were responding to.
this guy.

Isn't that true of any weapon though?