So BL is making a new series called "Watchers of the Throne" that chronicles Custodians going out into the galaxy off...

So BL is making a new series called "Watchers of the Throne" that chronicles Custodians going out into the galaxy off Terra in the 41st millennium on missions.

Basically explaining how you can legally use Custodians in 40k matches.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? WHO TOLD THEM THEY COULD BUILD A CASTLE HERE?!"

>that chronicles Custodians going out into the galaxy off Terra in the 41st millennium on missions.
Source on them leaving Terra? Wouldn't be surprising though, GW hasn't given a single shit about the fluff for quite some time now.

>"Yes, Dominicus, the castle's there, over my shoulder-"
>"WHERE I'M POINTING, YOU IDIOT! SEE THE GIANT FUCKING CASTLE?!"

I like the idea that Terra is so industrious they can finish a castle before anyone even notices its there.

>Castle is taller than the mountains

Neat.

TTSD did it first. Unfortunately, no Fabstodes models.

>Custodes and other OP super superhumans like the Perpetuals or Thunder warriors sell like hot cakes and GW marketing notices
>suddenly spess marines stop selling as everyone loves the new super special power armored guys and the fluff is retconned so that there are more ultra elite special factions everywhere
>spess marines get replaced by golden ubermen, thunder warriors or some made up factions like ascended perpetuals, golden men, cloned primarchs, or the Sensei conclave etc.
>ultramarines & friends become relegated to imperial guard tier.

If that's the Imperial Palace one of those mountains is Everest

the only reason they might go out would be to find ways to repair the throne imo

That would honestly be a decent and interesting thing for them to do, kind of brightens the setting a bit for humanity too

It's almost too funny to be true.

>FUCKING FINALLY SOMEONE FOLLOWS MY INSTRUCTIONS

>"WHAT DO YOU MEAN OUR HEADS ARE TINY!?"

The AdMech Codex says the AdMech already repaired the Throne. With help from the Dark Eldar.

Looks like GW lost a pretty good opportunity

Will this explain how Kitten met the Tau?

They were definitely just watching the TTS series when they decided the Custodes should be out fucking up the galaxy rather than oiling each other up inside the Imperial Palace.

>The AdMech Codex says the AdMech already repaired the Throne. With help from the Dark Eldar.

Eat a dick you liar. What it says is they just struck a deal beneath the Dark City. We were never told what the deal was.

Why do people lie like this? You need to be arrested.

Admech player here. It says that they found an irreparable flaw in the throne. A radical group of inquisitors went and made a deal with the Dark Eldar, which hasn't borne fruit yet, and we don't know what it is, but it's quite likely they were dealing with Heamonculi covens based on the wording.

Explain to me how they're spared having a fuckhuge backpack reactor to power their suits like marines.

>going out into the galaxy off Terra in the 41st millennium on missions

like a....

bizarre adventure

(posing intensifies)

Or maybe for some diplomatic reason.

CANON
A
N
O
N

Repair the throne and fulfil sekrit psyker prophecies. Or find ways to restore the Emperor. Or curb the imperial church and try to preserve scraps of the Imperial truth. Or under direct orders from the emperor. Or looking for archeotech and STC's to keep out of the hands of the Admech for the return of the Emperor.

You can think of all kinds of shit tbqfh senpai.

Archeotech and the unparalleled cost of their creation and equipment. For all we know there is a very limited supply of their gear, or it's still made in the facilities the Emperor used prior to the unification and contact with mars.

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
Pillarstodes will never not be cannon.

That's not 40k. That's 30k as that same cover was used for the Imperial Truth anthology. The cover is portraying the story Hands of the Emperor, where the Imperial Fists and the Custodes beat the crap out of each other over the appropriate place to park a floating city.

Forgot to include the full image.

The weird light color makes the gold and red on their armor look like green and purple...

Is this a Jojo reference?

More like a crusade in the stardust.

no the tau are pointless and have no reason to exist

yes

TTSD is gay as fuck, literal 12-year-old LOLSORANDUMB tier shit. Kys fag

>Basically explaining how you can legally use Custodians in 40k matches.
Back in my day we had a page in the codex explaining why yu could face all the other factions (usually ending with: Invent your own reasons and have fun).
Now we have entire novels for that purpose.
As anyone read another book by Chris Wraight? Is he a good author?

>Adept bumping on the 4m tall uberhuman in golden armor.
GO SEE THE ADMECH AND BUY NEW EYES.

>They were definitely just watching the TTS series when they decided the Custodes should be out fucking up the galaxy rather than oiling each other up inside the Imperial Palace.

I am more than ok with this.

>custodes are going out now and doing shit
oh fuck

so is this allowing for both Golden armored Goliaths and stripperffic ubermenche?

I remember when I first saw these guys, I hadnt seen anyJojo at all and actually thought these were canon bits of art used in the series like most others

Wraight is pretty darn good, as far as BL authors go. He also lifted the White Scars out of literally who tier.

well, what I know, they are, somehow, sort of...

>more 40K books
>they're Imperial based again
As a someone who honestly isn't all that into the Imperium, I can't help but feel dissapointed.

the lore that bruva used to explain the pillar-stodes is actually canon.

>"After the confinement of the Emperor within the Golden Throne, the Custodes abandoned, among other things, the use of their armour, and their traditional colour of red was changed to black."- Horus Heresy: Collected Visions.

No. Only stripperiffic ubermenche.

Send one to my house.

I have..uh...Emperor sekrits in my pants.

>brightens the setting a bit

Thank fucking God.

Am I the only who gets really put off by thefucking mohawks and crew cuts they slap on random marines? It looks even worse on Custodes imo.

It just clashes so horribly with the typical SM aesthetic of holy warrior-knight, which the Custodes take to an even higher level. It was like GW couldn't decide whether to make them knightly or tacticool

Mohawks are pretty traditionally custodes dude

constantin valdor invented the style

>Mohawks are pretty traditionally custodes dude
>constantin valdor invented the style
No, mohawks are the rogue trader marine cut of choice, and have remained in every edition since. They pre-date valdor by quite some time, and the custodes themselves didn't start sporting them until sabertooth did their card game.

I can't remember if there was ever a reason given for it being a thing back then.

I know they've been around forever, but they seem like a particularly ugly relic of the Rogue Trader era that I would particularly like gone. They just completely throw me whenever I see one amidst a purity-seal strewn army with its skull-faced warrior priests and heavily armoured, fanatical jet pack troops, it stands out horribly.

I can understand them amongst a few chapters, the more brutal ones such as the space wolves, black dragons and raptors, but for the typical chapter I just fucking hate it.

>I can't remember if there was ever a reason given for it being a thing back then
Do you mean rogue trader or the card game.
If the card game how long ago was that because evidence has recently emerged that Alessio Cavatore has a bit of a thing for mohawks.

I mean in rogue trader. I know scouts all had mohawks, but I can't remember why.