So...

So, due to miscommunication between me and the GM I have unwittingly created a character who is not a class cannon but genuinely completely useless.

And guesses how to salvage a character who can't fight, can't sneak, can't lie, can't break the rules, can't talk to girls and faints at the sight of an enemy?

Blindfolded Suicide Bomber

Obligatory comic relief character

Suicide.

For both you and the character.

>miscommunication
You know, sometimes it helps to read the rulebook.

That's his role so far. The neckbeard is taking everything he can form someone actually being scared of his edgy satanist ways, and an awkward teenage girl doesn't know how to deal with being regarded as a terrifying temptress whore of babylon who takes men to hell with her pierced ears and dyed hair.

Still kinda feel like this is a loss, though.

bombs, chemicals, laying traps, driving the getaway vehicle, maintaining the armor and equipment, running overwatch/coordinating.

>bombs
>chemicals
>traps
>comic relief
This could blend together nicely

He's got zero education on explosives, he can't drive (and will refuse to improvise), can't set up traps, there's no armor or equipment, and nobody fucking listens to him because he stutters.

He is now the parties bitch boy. Enjoy getting/carrying supplies and being comedic relief

maybe you should stop self-inserting and making your character you?

He's got a souls to sell, don't he?

Why don't you give us the full list of this character's skills and whatever limitations he has in place so we can answer this with actual information? Maybe why you thought he would be a glass canon and what broke?

Let the GM know about the miscommunication, and politely ask about retconning your PC's game statistics so he's no longer useless.

>stop self-inserting and making your character you?
Also this

Ask your GM if you can make a new character?

tell the GM that there was a miscommunication coward

>He's got zero education on explosives, he can't drive (and will refuse to improvise), can't set up traps, there's no armor or equipment, and nobody fucking listens to him because he stutters
Eeven better.

Do ALL of these things.

become a squire
and character progression your way to knighthood,
or a tear jerking yet noble death

Talk to your gm alone. Keep the character being useless in the party while secretly he is the BBG

You realize the way you are describing it, your character is a comic relief character, and according to the laws of the genre, if you manage not to die first, you will literally go through the piles of shit and walk out smelling like roses?

Fiasco taught me that there are only two types of guys who ever get the happy ending - the super-competent ones and the super-incompetent ones.

He's literally the physically weakest character on board, and the 5-foot 15-year-old-girl is included.

I unwittingly made a devout christian wimpy good-for-nothing into a horror game where the supernatural is fucking immune to religious artifacts.

Basically he's useless in anything unrelated to being the best fucking christian in any room he walks into, so to put it brief he's literally fucking useless.

He's also a coward and won't do anything he suspects could be against the law.

The setting is Finland in the autumn of 2016.

What where you trying to do while creating this character?

Also, where you high?

>a devout christian wimpy good-for-nothing into a horror game where the supernatural is fucking immune to religious artifacts.
I could have fun with that
"stand back guy's I've got this"

> Finland autumn 2016
> christian wimpy NEET in a supernatural game
Okay, you can drop the facade of "It's just a game, I swear, guys!".
What supernatural being did you piss off and how it happened?

>Basically he's useless in anything unrelated to being the best fucking christian in any room he walks into, so to put it brief he's literally fucking useless.
What system are you using anyway?

I wanted to portray the leastadian revival movement in a realistic and respectful way. There aren't that many christians in Finland.

Tried that, didn't work.

You realize you have plenty of role-playing opportunities with that character even if he isn't mechanically supported right? You have faith in that holy symbol and you will not be swayed by the forces of darkness! If they will not bow before the righteous might of our lord and savior then you just aren't proving your faith enough. You chant that holy scripture and you brandish that book and rosary. You are too much of a coward to admit you might live in a world without a loving and caring god watching over you.

Hypeman.
Then make a heroic sacrifice to motivate the rest of the party.

lol'd

So?
quit finding problems, and find solutions
so god boy gods the god, good take that and roll with it
Apprentice yourself to one of the more successfully fighters.
>"The lord would not give me a burden greater then I can handle"
>"So by His grace I will learn your ways, and cleanse these retched tainted creatures"
>"Deus lo Vult!"
and progress from
>wah this is scary, help me jesus
to
>Kill them all, God will know which are His!

ps
name your gun faith
>Fear not, for I have, faith!

>inb4: guns can't hurt them / I can't gun because stats

I had a 150-pound neurotic skeletal fuck who faints at the sight of anything scary calmly walk up to a cult-member-shapedhifted-to-abomination and press his little silver cross against its skin, absolutely certain that it would do damage.

He got smacked to a fucking wall.

I can't gun because of European gun laws.

I have literally, explicitly just as much of a shot at getting my hands on a hand gun in game as I have IRL, and the character doesn't even have my genral advantages of a complete lack of morals and contacts to a few local Bad Desicion Friends.

What the hell was the 'miscommunication'?

Does your GM think religious means incompetent in every way? Did you assume being a christian gave you magic monster slaying powers when it didn't? You are being incredibly vague about the situation to the point that your story either sounds fake, or like everyone involved is as incompetent as your character.

Shit that never happened.

It IS okay to openly start a thread about a hypothetical, OP. But lying about it is pure faggotry.

Okay, this farce has gone on long enough.

You have only vaguely talked about limitations and mostly self imposed RP ones at that.

What is the system? How did you actually build your character? Where did all your "build points" go? You can't just be bad at everything. There are mechanics in place that try to balance characters. Even if your points are allocated badly you still must have points in something.

Sounds like you're afraid to follow your concept to logical places. Man the fuck up and play the character.

If you need inspiration look at Shepherd Book.

WHY ARE YOU STILL TRYING TO PLAY THIS CHARACTER

Explain to your GM that there has been a failure to communicate and that your character feels completely inept at everything, a burden to the group, and a bore to play. If he doesn't let you reroll or at least tweak things to make him more interesting, your GM is a prick.

I knew you'd find a reason why you couldn't
read "gun" as "weapon" then

go goggle "Father Callahan" from the Dark Tower series
He did literally the same thing

and to cut a long-story short,
you put your faith in a cross,
god isn't a cross,
cast aside your icons and "believe"

or keep finding reasons why you can't.
I don't care

As far as I've understood, it didn't occur to the DM that religion could in any way be weaponised, and as far as he's concerned I deliberately shot myself in the foot and made a completely useless character as a gag. I went into the campaign with the idea that whatever we were facing would at least be something that flinches against the sight of a cross.

If it were werewolves, vampires, or good lord at least zombies or Satan, I would have had a shot. But nooo, it's Iku-Turso Partalainen, the father of disease.

And his clowns. Literal clowns with the red noses. Who abduct people.

The natural thing to do here is to have your character break under the stress and go a bit mad. Then decide to start burning the unholy things.

Ohhh i remember your other thread, comic relief is the best way to go
Maybe play him as aome sort of jehovah's witness who got wrapped up in this. Despite being a quivering pussy 24/7 he still finds time to spread the gospel of the good lord

A fool's lips walk into a fight, and his mouth invites a beating.
Proverbs 26:19

Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.
Matthew 5:22

A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the back of fools. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes. Whoever sends a message by the hand of a fool cuts off his own feet and drinks violence. Like a lame man's legs, which hang useless, is a proverb in the mouth of fools. ...
Proverbs 18:7

Okay

So tell your GM that. Work out some sort of competency for your character. Maybe he has a gun in his basement passed down from his grandfather that was previously unmentioned and decides to take matters into his own hands because deus vult. God helps those who help themselves and fighting the evil is more important than obeying the law.

Maybe he turns out to be pretty good at researching the monsters and digs up a bunch of helpful information at a library, and assembles some tools to help fight the evil.

Maybe he doesn't really have any skills to speak of, but if you are playing a character who can literally do nothing to contribute, then... Stop playing that character, you fucking tool.

This is all bullshit. You've deliberately avoided every post suggesting you talk to your GM about it, you've been quick to create an arbitrary excuse as to why most fixes aren't viable, and you're either determined to have your character fail (In which case why did you make this thread?) or you're talking bullshit, and I suspect it's the latter.

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

Iku-Turso is clearly some kind of devil. You must work to vanquish the devil. If god has not fashioned you to fight it directly, clearly he has fashioned you for another purpose. Hit the library and get knowledge for the other party members or work to raise money for them. But what you can't do is give into despair.

What part doesn't sound true? This is my very first campaign, I don't know all the terms and shit and I am asking for advice because of that.

I'm not sure what the system is, the DM has vaguely muttered something about breaking his own rules, so I assume he's made up a lot of it himself.

My build points are all in spirit and knowledge (not sure of how to translate this all into english), with extra points put into religious studies (christian, useless while dealing with pagan things) and faith (christian, useless while dealing with pagan things). The literally only extra point I didn't put into religious shit was having a basic sense of how to live in Lapland.

And that's no survivalist shit, just knowing what kind of wearher requires leather mittens and what kind of snow can carry a wolverine but not reindeer.

The setting is October of 2016 in southern Finland. No snow.

What other weapons can a complete layman with zero physical strength both easily obtain and operate?

I don't want to come off as whiny. I fucked up making a character so now it's my job to make lemonade.

You don't know laestadians, do you?

Of-fucking-course he'd be determined to make things that don't fit into his world view stop excisting.

Can I really hoard the "expert" role from the characters more realistically qualified for it?

Well, spirit and knowledge must have applications other than religion. If you have lost your faith perhaps you can take research of the very arts your foes employ.

You put all your points into knowledge. What party member has a better claim to being the library monkey?

a fucking knife
it's sharp, It's pointy, you extend your arm and put holes in things.
stab, stab, mother fucker.

The hard part with this is that laestadians tend to disown the members who lose/leave/are regarded to have lost/left the faith. So losing his faith would realistically speaking mean losing literally everything that he has ever known, and flipping a switch to an atheist alcoholic chaotic evil, he'd still be an useless underweight wimp.

How do I fix that?

Honestly, reading the posts you've made, it seems like you've ended up with a pretty shitty GM and a pretty shitty game. I feel sorry for you that it's your first game, but I also wish you the best. You should talk to your GM, try to make him understand why you're having trouble with the character.

You could actually use that to your advantage. Give him a newfound sense of courage in "Fuck it. What do I have to live for anyways?" As you take a shot of Whiskey and crack open that mind-rending necronomicon and find out how to undo the things that go bump in the night.

So, you're playing a game in Finland, whose local mythology is tangentially related to the monsters of mainland europe at best, and you put all your points- not some, but every last point but 1- into a faith that has only ever been tacked on to these supernatural stories after the fact, if it all. And instead of costuming that it's role playing gone horribly wrong, you're blaming it on a "miscommunication" with the gm. So either one of two possible theories already mentioned is correct
>irl, you pissed off a supermatural entity, likely because you're an idiot
Or
>you're completely full of shit. Also, an idiot

I put all my points in spirit and faith. Another character studies the paranormal in the university and you have no idea what it takes to get INTO a finnish university.

Do you think you could kill a demon with a knife?

Well your options seem to be:
-Have a crisis of faith and deal with the fallout of such
-Have this challenge of your faith only steel your resolve to find answers within your faith even more

If supernatural beings exist in this world there is no reason holy supernatural being can't exist as well. Perhaps there are secrets to be found within your faith to aid you against the forces of evil.

>costuming
That should be claiming. One of these days I'll stop posting while inebriated

Almost every game on the market has some way to assist others.

Become the helpful hand, make your character focused on this from now on.

Oh, it is one of those threads.

Have fun as op moves the goal post for three hours.

>The setting is Finland in the autumn of 2016.
Isn't this just a repost of the "demons straight out of the Kavela and I made a Laestadian priest thread" from not even 20 hours ago?

Yes. I meant to reply to that one like a good boy but unfortunately I fell asleep for 8 hours.

You should go to sleep by the way. It's late för i helvete

I see how it is
Kill self

My alarm is ringing in 10 minutes. Not happening.

No matter what the system is, even pencil necks can set things on fire.

Just roleplay him as having stupidly high amounts of blind faith, repeatedly try and things like it in the belief that it will definitely work THIS time. Eventually either you will get punched into enough walls that you get to make a new character, or you will discover something your magic jesus powers actually work on.

You are knowledgeable, that in itself is a power. Your knowledge makes you valuable. Hang out with people and organizations who need what you know and don't give out your wisdom freely. Knowledge is a currency and if you dropped everything in what you know then you have to know SOMETHINGS(plural, more then one. If your GM gives you 1 thing and has every asshole spread the word like a STD then get a new GM. Religious secrets aren't things people with brains spread for free. Knowledge is a currency and if they paid you for it, they will want to be paid for it, plus interest because they don't want to piss off a religion by giving away shit 'given in confidence') that isn't available to the public and that you can trade bits of for influence.

You don't need to be a good liar, be rich or good in battle, you need to be handy enough to keep around but not so much that people think about getting rid of you. At least until you broaden your horizons. Don't aim for political positions, run from them. You want to be seen as a tool, one to be taken, used and kept around, not an enemy. If there is magic in this setting learn as much as you can.

user already posted that he has other players in his party who actually specialize in knowledge of the paranormal.

His only knows about Jesus shit, which is extremely useless in a world where the badguys are based on a totally different belief system.

Even if the baddies don't care about your religion, it doesn't necessarily mean religion can't do things for you. Most games I've seen that make religion part of the system have some way to bolster the party or call miracles. But maybe that's beside the point, because
>I'm not sure what the system is
Even if you hadn't made a misfit character, you can't expect to play effectively if you don't know what game you're playing. For now you should:
1. Find out what the system is.
2. Read the goddamn rules.
3. Ask the GM if he has any houserules, and try to get them in writing so you have something to reference.

It's kinda not fair that the crazy girl whose stats were all min-maxed into bluff gets to bluff having skills she doesn't have and have it work but somehow faith that doesn't have a psychiatric diagnosis doesn't work.

The problem is, there already IS a supernatural expert aboard. Having biblical knowledge stretch over that won't work.

As far as I've understood, the system is a mashup and we're working purely on house rules, but I'll need to ask.

I'm going to munchkin the shit out of this game out of spite.

I'll echo the above: WHAT FUCKING SYSTEM ARE YOU USING. Give us terms the game uses if you don't know. You can't actually expect us to believe you've built an entire character without having any knowledge on the system? Do you even have a character sheet? A rule PDF? Anything?

You're making things unnecessarily difficult.

Call the Inquisition.

>What other weapons can a complete layman with zero physical strength both easily obtain and operate?

We had character sheets. You throw dice on whether you can or can do something according to the stats your character has.

Living flesh doesn't just ignite unless there's dry fur/clothes.

Pray for help

honestly you should deliberately do something to kill that character off and roll a new one, assuming your DM wouldn't just let you make a new one(in which case he's an asshole)

Trap maker, or blacksmith.
\

Maybe a Golemancer who makes his minions fight for him.

The problem is I really like this poor fucker.

Is there really no think-outside-the-box way to make a completely useless character with shit stats useful?

>make useless character with no skills and no abilities
>"pls teej halp me"
make characters who actually have reasons to go on adventures and have a chance to survive them

It sounds like he's a raging autistic and got the game he deserves.

what are your stats

Kill yourself. Any proper human would be disgusted with your character. Why would you like him, he has no redeeming qualities.

Make a proper fucking Deus Vult and stop being such a fucking snownigger.

>strength 1
>skill 2 (+3 religious shit)
>spirit 4 (+2 for religious shit)
>intelligence 3 (+1 basic survival shit for climate they aren't in)

Stop deliberately being obtuse. Everyone's trying to send suggestions and you just shoot them down for inane reasons, the more I read your responses the more its seems your doing this for attention,

Look, if your DM's homebrew system combined with his rulings and your self-inflicted RP-based restrictions mean your character is only good at things that are pointless in the game, asking us for help will accomplish nothing. Either the GM throws you a bone or he doesn't. Talk to them instead of us about how to make your character a useful stuttering retard instead of a worthless one, or just have him introduce the party to your new, hopefully somewhat relevant character before bowing out because he's tired of literally pissing himself all the time.

I. DO. NOT. KNOW.

Rename him Phil Collins and ask for a bonus to walking.

take a picture of your character sheet and upload it

So you have no style and you have no grace

Do you have a funny face?

Play father ted.

Just charge at it dude, it works unless they have guns.

> inb4 fake charsheet
Do you genuinely believe in this shit? He's either troll with fake story or attention whore. In both cases you can't "help" him.

let me laugh at silly people, or people pretending to be silly people

it's the only joy I have left aside from masturbation to cartoon girls getting drilled by machines

Have them commit suicide.

If that helps. I'll see if this thread is still up when the next session starts.

He did make them himself and they're not in english, though.

Invest in survival. You don't do very much in a fight, but after it you are always the one there to go "Corr. That one was nasty, wanninit?"

There is a certain use for someone who you can count on to be there at the end of the day, even if they got there by wasting the preceding hours.

I think you mean father dougal