Is it bad whenever I make a female PC I make her have traits of my ideal woman/daughter...

Is it bad whenever I make a female PC I make her have traits of my ideal woman/daughter? I also make female PCs who are the complete opposite of my ideal woman/daughter. I cant seem to have a middle ground

do you ever make male PCs have the trait of your ideal son?

I make him have the traits of my wife's son.

I'm pretty creative when it comes to male PCs.

Isnt the reason all male players Of fenale PCs have

Is it bad that most of the time my female characters are, persoanlity-wise, basically just rips of anime/game characters I like, but in different settings with different names/roles/character-art.

Yes.

It's not bad, but it is very psychologically telling. We as human beings are chained to the concept of friends and family as we are social creatures. You building these 'ideal' characters is just your mind creating an identity amassed out of your notions of morals and personal appreciations is simple obsession of the mind.

My advice would be to try and channel this creative energy inwards, and try and make yourself more like the perfect identity you see so you can better understand yourself.

But if you just want your writing to improve, just take a leaf from 's book and include some characteristics from other identities you know of

And honestly , you just need to either play around with character creation and make a few original female characters or go and talk to a real girl in real life outside your basement.

>TFW the "real girls" would be absolute terrible characters because I live in a redneck cesspit where everyone is pregnant and addicted to something by age 16.

Well I congratulate you for gathering the gumption to set up a crew and to run for them, but you're fishing in the wrong waterhole there mate

>TFW when user only plays games online because the waterhole is filled with raw sewage and radioactive waste.

It's fine as long as you're not pulling them from the MOE FANSERVICE PANTYSHOTS KAWAII UGU~! parts of those media.

Since you posted a Fire Emblem character, you're probably alright.

user needs to fish in the waterhole of getting the fuck outta there then, doesn't he?

By "female character", do you mean Noa?

If so, then yes

Not really. Most PCs, male or female, are some form of 'ideal' if they're not close to the creator him or herself. Ultimately it is difficult to imagine and execute a person whose character is quite as subtle as real people. This is what makes extremes popular.

What makes extreme people interesting is that they're nothing like you. You are average and normal and ordinary and therefore boring. Extreme people are unlike you and thus interesting to explore. Normal people in extreme situations also become interesting. Extreme people in extreme situations are why the world love Ranulph Feinnes and Brian Blessed and Fred Dibnah.

First marriage failed: because extreme love for Victorian engineering

Neighbours hated him: because extreme desire to dig a mineshaft in his residential backyard

About to crushed by collapsing 2500 tonne chimney: looked at it with extreme interest and it fell the other way.

Are you Fred Dibnah X-TREME!

So x-treme even your questions end in exclamation marks! NO! YOU'RE NOT!

>Make a bunch of female PCs
>Most have at least some sort of sex appeal because I'm a deviant who can get off to things like height difference or being well fed and muscled or even boobs
>Never play them because I don't have many chances and when I finally get to play it's in TES setting so I don't have much variety

>Spend a huge amount of time levying a male character out for that TES game, fleshed out personality and background
>Barely have any fun playing him
>Wonder if I really am some degenerate who needs to be attracted to a character to play them

>Volo's Guide comes out and I get it early, scratch up a Bugbear character in a day and play him at a pickup game at a con
>Tons of fun

I think the pattern is "I just can't win".

That's perfectly normal. Real women are so incredibly boring and passive that they'd make for shit characters. That doesn't mean every female character I write (as either a playe ror a DM) is automatically waifu material. I just infuse them with one or two waifable aspects.

Female knights are brave and loyal to a fault, female rogues a bit cocky but when the chips are down they support their friends, and even female villains have some attractive traits in how cunning and calculating they are.

Nah, I infuse them with either traits I have or traits I wish I had. That's why I find it hard to play male characters who hold values opposite to my own. This is why even in Mount & Blade all of my male characters tend to be good guys who play by the rules, and only my female characters loot and pillage at will.

>Finding your dad's old character sheets.
I'm sorry, Dad.

>Mfw my highly religious, bearded, and strongfat dad always played dwarven clerics and even played one when I got him to try 5e once
>Mfw I'm more like an elven artificer

Dwarven clerics are just the best race/class combo.

They really are, surprisingly flexible too.

>You will never play D&D with a christmas cake office lady

The pattern is as follows: You think too much.

>play a fem!rogue from the backwoods that got addicted to not!opium while she was taken as a duke's mistress
>She pays a midwife part to raise her toddler - the duke's child- in part to keep her daughter away from her out of shame.
>She adventures to earn money for this, but she doesn't always have enough for both.

How the fuck aint that interesting.

You're right.