Can Orks feel sadness...

Can Orks feel sadness? I bet Ghazgkull actually felt like shit when Makari died he just couldn't cope with it so he covered it up with tough guy persona.

Yes. Pretty sure they can feel the full range of emotions.

Can orks feel comfy?

A mek feels comfy in a hammock next to his finely tuned engine core

I think that Ghazghull Thraka was sad when his flag bearer Gretchen was killed.

that's Makari you dumb nigger amerifat burgershart faggot

No. They cannot feel sadness, that's the entire point of their existence.

The ork properly feel sadness too but only at 5-45 seconds at max. The orks can quickly feel happy again with some good fighting.

Stay mad eurofag.

Kaptin Bluddflag sounded sad when his krooza got fucked up.

Not really. Orks being designed as the ultimate race of self-perpetuating super-soldiers, their emotions are as stunted as Space Marines. On top of that, they're alien, and don't have most of the hormonal drives we do, so their emotions and philosophy would be incomprehensible to us.

The thing to remember about Orks is that they are the ultimate warrior race. The only thing they lack is someone to give them orders, since their creators died off aeons ago.
They're not just super-soldiers, they're an entire ecosystem unto themselves, that will install itself like malware onto your planet.

Yes!

In fact orks are closer to humans than eldar. Only real big difference is that they feel pain as pleasure to an extent.

Especially this

But they see death as a good thing. They don't have a feeling of self value unless they are considering their men's lives. Fighting is all they want to accomplish and so they accomplish this. So they really have the most successful race/society

Yes.

In DoW Orks sound scared and misearble when their morale breaks I don't think they are fearless.

Shame games worshop wants us to forget about that because its not grimdark enough.

That's DoW tho. In proper fluff, only big orks give a passing fuck about dying.

Woah woah woah, where are we getting this whole "death is a good thing."

From what I got death is what happens to stupid gits. They don't like death and would definitely prefer to avoid it. They are just the kind of dumbass that goes into a firefight with an axe and a pistol thinking he's never going to die.

Orks love loud noises, going fast, ripping something or someone apart, charging problems head-on, they barely feel any pain, do not concern themselves with danger and release a big cloud of spores on death.
Let me put a sense of perspective here: having genestealers and daemons on board of a space ship is a welcome diversion to them.
Daemons, btw, cause most humans to freak out as their subconcious starts to spiral out of control in their presence.

The 1d4chan page on Makari pretty concisely covers if Orks can feel sadness.

Literally none of that counters my point.

They go into battle with an axe and a pistol and think they aren't going to die.

For fucks sake the wargame measures how fearless they are by how many other orks they have in the squad, literal mob mentality.

You only get brave motherfuckers when you start hitting the leadership ranks of orks.

They are literally that fucking dumb. They don't think they are going to die. It's only when they get more badass does some of the "I might die but I'll probably krump em" starts kicking in.

"Uh, boss, we'z gettin' shot up!"
"Let's leg it!"

Warhammer Fantasy greenskins are basically the same as Orks.

Skarsnik felt sadness when Gobbla died, and an Orc feels pity for his favorite Snotling being eaten.

You can't just mess with someone's krooza like that, ofcourse he got sad.

RIP Makari, he was too cute for his own good.

I always got the impression that they couldn't feel fear but they just didn't want to die.
Like, life is being on holiday, and when you're on holiday you don't want to go back home to your 9-5 job. You aren't afraid of going home, you just don't want to because home is boring. When an Ork sees all his friends have been cut down by the catholic space nazis he isn't thinking "OH MORK I'M GOING TO DIE OH FUCK HELP!" he's thinking "Shit, if I stay here I'm going to die. Fuck this."

Orks only feel sad if enough of them believe sadness exists

There is a 2nd edition story about 2nd war of Armageddon, which has closest feeling to saddness an ork can feel. I think it can be found from core rulebooks.

It was about one Nob who was unsatisfied with how the war was going. How they hadn't made enough progress and ork armies were starting to get pushed back. How he missed his old drinking buddies and named some of them in his thoughts.

I remember this one! One of his friend was crushed by a tank if memory serves.

Does anyone have a cap of this, it sounds great.

Wasn't there a story about an ork who was captured by the inquisition, and he got all sad and gloomy because there were no boys around and nobody to krump?

Can't get good enough pic to read, but codex imperialis p.60-61.

During the Fall of Altdorf, Leoncoeur encountered some small warbands while he was marching to the Empire's capital. They more or less impaled themselves on the Bretonnian weapons, and he even felt a small bit of pity for them considering they knew the end of the Old World was coming.

Honestly, I'd say Orks feel emotions even more than other races, there's just a lot that makes them happy.

To be honest being an Ork sounds fucking awesome.
Like, I like the "Good Guys" and would totally kiss their asses if any of this was real, but Orks? Fuck that shit sounds incredible.

GOBBLA A CUTE
A CUTE

Also, reminder that this is the latest GW led pic of Archaon.

It's a shame there is no book about 40k from Ork perspective they are entertaining as shit.

Sadness is what orks feel when da dakka's all gone.

that cloak was so stiff i thought there was another person hiding under there.

it's not necessarily that they don't think they're gonna die, they just don't give a fuck because they're orks. I mean this whole race's special power is just not giving a fuck super hard. Hard enough to break physics. I mean, if you say they don't think they will die, well, they think their weapons will work when they shouldn't.

When enough orks believe something it becomes true. Yeah it's a literal mob mentality, and that mob mentality makes meme magic that their whole culture is based around

So does that mean he/it and Commissar Yarrick...?

Orks probably can be sad, but not in the way we would.
Where as we would be sad if say a friend or sibling of ours died, an Ork wouldn't give a flying fuck.
However, if his favorite shoota or choppa broke, he'd probably feel very sad over that because he couldn't krump any more 'umies or pansies with it.

Yes, orks are pretty human. They just enjoy pain, are lazy, and enjoy war. It's why that some also succumb to chaos.

The only real ork-perspective story we ever got was Deff Skwadron.
At least it was a damn good one.

Makari's old banna pole is a relic in the current codex, they've hardly forgotten him.
Now Fixit, there's a real forgotten grot.

I think this is about Xenology, in which case there wasn't any mention of the Ork's mental state but the dissection did note that he was physically unhealthy:
>Paunch and diseased skin (Spec: result of captivity, ie: lack of exercise/sunlight; diet, isolation [see library files])

'Ere you/we go.

(Git was clearly a Madboy though.)

Yep. But it basically boils down to.
"Oh nose me fav'O'rite shoota 'as blown up. Dat was dam shooty and dakka dat wos. Betta go krump da mek ta make a betta one."

If Orks believe in reincarnation does it mean it exists?