How do you feel about playing upbeat, positive witches and necromancers...

How do you feel about playing upbeat, positive witches and necromancers? Is it a fun inversion on the typical character or a tired/contrary one?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra_Peterson
youtube.com/watch?v=3kIPc7l6nF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Upbeat, positive witches
Fine

>Upbeat, positive necromancers
tired and trite

>upbeat witches
>inversion
aren't witches known for laughing often despite being elderly, which ought to be a sign of good health?

> How do you feel about playing upbeat, positive witches and necromancers?
They are just as dickable as the emo variety, so okay, I guess.

Witches are usually upbeat and positive. That's part of what's supposed to make them scary. They enjoy eating children and sacrificing babies to the devil.

I hate upbeat necromancers. To become a necromancer, one must willingly defy death and be willing to fuck around with dying and dead things for his own purposes. I don't see what part of combining and messing with the dead puts a smile on your face, or brings about any sense of positive. If anything, the only time a necromancer should be upbeat is if they're crazy anyway.

As for witches? I've seen all varieties. Nothing special about a happy/sad one, angry/calm.

First Post Best Post.

>upbeat, positive witches and necromancers
I did once. She was upbeat and positive but still a horrible person and a huge bitch to everyone who didn't make her pussy wet

Never seen Princess Bride, huh?

What's not to love about the opportunity to constantly be surrounded by skeletons?

Depends on the type of necromancer.

'I speak with the dead' sorts? I could get that.

'I raise zombies and fuck up the natural order' sorts? Kinda a bit overdone at this point.

Best posted, as always in first post

>Confusing Miracle Max with necromancer
Neck yourself

Sauce?

What if you're a necromancer who raises dinosaurs?

...That sounds pretty cool man.

>I don't see what part of combining and messing with the dead puts a smile on your face, or brings about any sense of positive
it could just be their passion, user.

Gwenpoole

Said spooky girl is normally... slightly less cute. And wildly less cohesive.

source on comic?

"But with that magic, you could reunite families or end death itself!"

"I don't want to reunite families. I want to raise dinosaurs."

Sauron is so underused in Marvel, and Fox will never fucking use him in a movie. Or if they finally do, he'll be a ten-second cameo Deadpool murders or some shit. I guess there's hope for Stegron someday?

>How do you feel about playing upbeat, positive witches and necromancers?
Yeah sure, it's fine. Although necros tend to get a little micromanage-y and tiresome as players since building maintaining and utilising ten to one-million skeletons eats up game time.

>Is it a fun inversion on the typical character[?]
No. It's not bad but it's not revolutionary ether and if it's being played just to be different it will end up bad.

>is it a tired/contrary one?
As above, not unless it's the only not worthy thing about the character. It's about as contrary as the jolly soldier, the friendly undertaker/mortician or the happy well adjusted surgeon. Plenty of people have jobs that bring them into intimate contact with death, gore, violence and terrible things. Some of these people become jaded to deal with the horrible things, others counteract the negativity by finding the goodness in life, accepting the bad and appreciating the good even more.

And I mean, it's not like your average adventurer doesn't deal with death and horribleness on a regular basis. The only difference between a necromancer and a fighter/ranger/rogue is that the former picks up the leftovers of his work.

Only if they include Dino Thor

I have no problem with it at all.

Ok, pleb question here:
Who the hell is Elvira. She pops out all over Veeky Forums, while google sends me to fucking Loney Toons character

My favorite type of Necros are like scientific scholars. About to write a comic about a necromancer who wants to prove that ghouls aren't all evil but forced into that due to terrible birth.

I'm more interested in the style and the way it's drawn than the characters

The artists are Gurihiru, a japanese duo sometimes imployed my Marvel for more lighthearted stuff

Thanks, that will immensely help with search!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra_Peterson

In the 80s she was a hostess for late night horror programs and movies. It was like a regular tv program, and from there she gained a cult following in the horror entertainment industry. She's a campy, sexy, satirical, and dark character that's best explained as both goth and valley girl in mannerisms. She's developed into a whole brand with merch, music, movies, the works.

That explains why I never experienced her outside Veeky Forums memes - purely American pop-culture reference

I'm British and I know who Elvira is.

I think English language pop culture would be more appropriate.

They are cute! CUTE!

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!

WHY ARE YOU SPOON-FEEDING IDIOTS, YOU FUCKING CUNT?!

JESUS CHRIST SUMMER ENDED 3 MONTHS AGO, GET THE FUCK OUT ALREADY!

Calm the fuck down elitist shit

Psst.
I dunno I'd you noticed, but you aren't on /a/ right now. Oops! Maybe you should go back.

Because comics are a dying medium that needs whatever sales it can get, doubly so for good comics like Gwenpool. This isn't like anime where it doesn't matter, spoonfeeding helps keep it alive.

Oh, it's a physical comic. Fuck that.

We're not on /co/ either, faglord

I'm currently playing a necromancer/Lich who's fairly upbeat, though that has to do with him not being all there after the lichdom process, and the party being completely ok with his profession.

That and he has a rather violent mom complex when it comes to his skeletons and the party.

I don't browse /co/ so I'm afraid I can't really tell what behavior of theirs your implications are referring to!
Have a birb

>that chin
Is that girl part skrull?

>What are digital copies

It's the /b/tard logic of "/co/ is helpful therefore it is bad"

A Necromancer is basically Dr. Frankenstein. You can be god awfuawful mad and excited about your minions, because you are their god. And witches have powers that come from the pact with the devil(s), so you can be as fucking happy as you wish, after all why wouldn't you? Becausr in your eyes, you are some kind of super hero, so fuck the edgy, let this failed people to cringe about their hatred for the dark. Embrace that shit like the delicious monstrosity that you are.

>How do you feel about playing upbeat, positive witches
So you say there are people who play other witches?

And "perky goth" is a thing pretty much pre-requested if you are planning of having female PC in oWoD, which spread all over the hobby, thus upbeat necromancers are now more common. I mean... it's kind of boring to have dead-serious and restrained necromancers, because they are undistinguishable from edge lords

No, it's the Veeky Forums logic of "quit shilling your shitty comic on an unrelated board"

Having just read it...I really like the team. Mega Tony is a very cute supervillian and Batroc The Leaper is very, very cool despite the disrespect.

This is how I necromancer

>Hey guys who's the artist?
>Gurihiru
>SHILLS REEEEEEEE
Fuck off you puff

hey! that was one time. and i put it back when i was done

>Veeky Forums logic
>Stop shilling
First of all, Veeky Forums is official shilling board. Second, I've just wanted to know who drew that pic, because I really like the style and all the tiny details.

But now you are all about shitting your own pants, because someone happen to be helpful.
What? Being decent human being cause you pain or something?

Batroc has been very cool basically since his first appearance. He's this interesting combination of very competent and completely ludicrous

>About to write a comic about a necromancer who wants to prove that ghouls aren't all evil but forced into that due to terrible birth
he dies for being a fucking moron, right?

>Every setting is D&D or derivative
Neck yourself

>undead monsters
>birth

it may have something to do with our unrepentant piracy of good, struggling comics, coupled with our tendency to bitch about those comics being cancelled. tg has better comics discussions anyways

>In my super special setting devils are actually good despite their casual cruelty and murder and it's angels who's real evil

>A Necromancer is basically Dr. Frankenstein
stop insulting necromancers.

Many coroners and funeral home workers quite enjoy black humour.

I've met very jolly morticians.
Often with a dark/macabre sense of humour but still

Most people in morbid professions are overly upbeat, or at least use humor to cope with the fact that they deal with fucked up things every day.

>ghouls
>birth

I think you're doing this wrong.

This is now my favorite image ever.

It's even better with the authors description for it, but I won't give link - you already have the title in the filename

Hivemind!

Oh, I know about Shabizik's work. It's just been a few months since I've checked his(?) deviantart page.

Thanks for posting it!

It's okay.

> the key to making a good community is, for some reason, being as aggressively obtuse as possible

I think it's old guy English language pop culture.

>SUMMER ENDED 3 MONTHS AGO
No, man, we endless summer now. Now and forever.

Yeah, I'm loving it. I'd love to see him again (In a bigger role) in another MCU movie.

Still one of the few pure humans to actually make Cap works for his victory in the movies.

He has a great line in one of the comics about how he's not the guy who can beat Captain America, he's the guy who can keep Captain America busy. Which is more than you can fucking do.

>Piracy is bad

>Old guy
>If you remember 80s first hand, you are old

If you're vividly recalling 80s pop culture you're at least in your mid 30s.

Well, he does literal necromancy, so it's not that shocking of a confusion.

He can't do anything with dead, how can he be a necromancer?

To perform necromancy, you must rise dead. Wesley wasn't dead, so...

To be fair, Westley was mostly dead. So Max is definitely a Mostly Necromancer. Which means he's also Some Not Necromancer.

In universe, that's a hell of an achievement for a guy with literally no powers beyond 'Really well trained'. Considering Captain America is the guy who can keep Thanos busy. Got to respect that.

youtube.com/watch?v=3kIPc7l6nF0

Captain America can't keep Thanos busy.

>eternal skelebros
>eternal skelepuppers
>somehow a bad thing
Spotted the Fucking lawful good paladin.

it's like he doesn't want to constantly be in the bone zone

im not saying piracy is bad, i'm saying that /co/, as a board, is a bunch of fucking hypocrites. don't get me wrong- i'm right there for the story times and win-o-thread #2, i just acknowlege that i'm part of the reason good comics die young

If you're still around, you should check out Hakumei to Mikochi. It's got a super cute necromancer scientist chick and a really interesting take on necromancy

Wait, there are more of these?

Two with those characters.
And shitload of more from the creator, as the guy is really prolific drawfag. The quality is inconsistent, but the sheer quantity easily make up for everything.
And he has his own, huge-ass setting going, so... well, just search him on deviantart.

>I don't see what part of combining and messing with the dead puts a smile on your face, or brings about any sense of positive

Well, I admit, I never have a smile, but it's mostly because the blood I'd need to work those muscles is... elsewhere.

>artist pads page count.jpg

I'm posting in this thread just to state that Gwenpool as a series is shit and has been nothing but shit so far in its running.

Hey, man gotta eat

I'm not sure who's nose is going to get booped, but it's gone too far not to happen.

This comic was so fucking dope.
Thanos is fucking dope.
The Thanos Quest was my jam.
God damn, what happened Marvel. I don't even know you anymore.

Cap is a roidhead in a world written by people who are explicitly trained to ignore any and all real-life implications.

>willingly defy death and be willing to fuck around with dying and dead things for his own purposes.
"It's his magical realm"
>I don't see what part of combining and messing with the dead puts a smile on your face, or brings about any sense of positive.
"I CAN NEVER DIE ANYMORE YAY"