Check stats on net worth by age

>Check stats on net worth by age
>Averages are 100k by 25, 300k by 30, 600k by 35, etc.
>Have 40k to my name at 28

Anyone else in this boat? I went to uni, got a 80k per year job, get 10% a year in investments, higher % in crypto but on a smaller amount.

What the fucking fuck am I doing wrong? How the hell is everyone so rich? Is everyone make 150k but me?

Came from a poor family by the way.

Who made up this unrealistic shit?

90% of 25 year old millennial a have negative net worth due to massive amounts of accumulated debt courtesy of boomers

if the Lord wanted you to be rich you wouldn't have been born puerto rican.

Those numbers are fake as fuck

>100k by 25
wtf I thought i was near the top of the curve, but this is average?

>110k at 24
Safe

I have 100k net worth at 26 and I don't own any coins. And I graduated with 50k in student debt that's all paid off.
Get fucked crypto tards.

your stepdad must be sooo proud of you.

Easily. I had 100k by 21

250k at 23 now

Should be “stepfather” that’s what rich people call them.

19 years old and crypto worth of 425k (thank you Wabi). Bank savings is less than 10k.

Where do you live OP? If you don't live in SF, LA or ANY you should be able to save more. Max out your 401k.

If you live in Europe you're fucked I'm sorry cost of living is so high there you can escape medoricty.

Ontario, Canada. I quoted my net worth in USD.

pfff I have 763k. just turned 18 two days ago

Uh dude the numbers for millennials are completely fucked. Don't trust any of those sites.

I'm 23 and I have ~170k (60k in cryptos) to my name.

>100k by 25

Yeah try -100k

Gotcha. I don't know what living expenses are like there. First of all you should realize that 100k is an average, not a media and the "average" person is poor as fuck, possibly in debt. Compared to him, you're doing very well.

You should be trying to save 20% of your income. I'm an artist who feels fufilled by browsing Veeky Forums all day so I save more, about 25%. Say you had saved 20k per year since you graduated at 22. You'd have 100k easy. Regardless you're doing great but if you can get a higher rate of savings you'll thank me when you retire.

Read the Millionaire Next Door its a great book on building wealth. And remember 1 out of 20 people are millionaires. We're gonna make it.

>100k by 25
Get the fuck out of here last I saw it was something like 3,000 dollars.

This.

median, not media
autist, not artist
I hate phone posting.

>OP is the only one ITT who doesn't think those numbers are straight bullshit
>doesn't post the source despite like 5 requests for it

I didnt make it
feel like kms

see
You're gonna make it.

Yeah I honestly don't know how you only have 40k if you're making 80k a year. Maybe you've been renting since you got out of university? In which case you're a total fucking retard because rates are the lowest they've been in decades.

>average 100k by 25
are you literally retarded
average for where? fucking bloomfield hills? retard

>tfw 22 and hit 100k today thanks to ETH and LTC
Feels so good

use median, not average. average is over-inflated by extreme outliers

>almost 21
>part-time pizza delivery driver
>no marketable skills
>~$5000 in debt

I want to die. There is no way out.

50% of people over 25 earn more than 100k?
hahaha

I seriously doubt those numbers, what is your source?

How can the average be 100k by 25 if most 22 year olds out of college either have a negative net worth or no job. Add to that many adults that have been working for years have hardly any savings whatsoever.

Not gonna make it (with that attitude). You gotta find a better job user. Data entry, sales anything. Dig your way out of this dead end.

When I was 21 I was 40,000 in debt but I made my way out of it.

There are two groups of people that I have noticed. Pretty much everyone that got a professional degree is maybe sitting at those amounts you list. Others with steady office jobs are less, and then everyone else is basically living paycheck to paycheck. Its pretty depressing.

I feel like the only jobs around here that are entry-level and pay above minimum wage are factory jobs. I'm considering getting one just so I can get out of debt. I really just have no clue what to do. I'm sick of being in the same position I was 3 years ago. I can't afford college and I have no clue what I want to do for a living. I hate being depressed.

a positive net worth and a job is good for your age.

oh also
>28
>41k in index fund+IRA
>6k in bank
I'll be finished with my BA in May as well, should have only 5k student loan debt. Not too bad.

You don't understand what "average" means, do you?

Are you actually searching and applying for new jobs though? You never know until you look...

Depression really hurts. I know because I've been though it. You need to make your mental health your #1 priority. I'm not sure what that means for you, but maybe you need to see a psychologist. I know how hard it is hard but you need to keep trying new things until something works. Eventually it will. Pick up "The Power of Positive Thinking."

>Came from a poor family by the way.

You are doing better than you should

Only one way out
Decrease your expenses
Increase your income

Anything you can do to help achieve these goals is good. I moved back home to save $$, and I'm already getting ahead of the rat race. Its hard, but worth it when I see those $$ start to stack up. If you don't have a solid financial base, gambling with cryptos isn't going to help. Well, it might, but you have no way of knowing. You might throw $1000 onto a coin that doesn't go anywhere, or worse- loses you money. It's normie tier advice, but if you can grit your teeth and accept that you are existing here and now in this system, you'll be better positioned to work/hustle/grind your way out of your situation. NEVER GIVE UP!

If I was you, here's what I'd do
> make your peace with existence/society
> evaluate your current situation. How much do you have? Do you have student loan payments? Credit cards? Auto lease? Alimony? Fast food?
Cigarettes? Booze? Strippers? Insurance?
Drugs? Cell phone? Tally it all up, and know where your money is going, and how much you are making.
> Compare the amount of money coming into your accounts and the money going out. Is there more money coming in than going out?
> Proceed to analyze your expenses, and see if there is anything you can do to reduce those expenses. Can you move somewhere cheaper? Downgrade your cellphone plan? Eat out less? Stop spending money on vidya? Negotiate cheaper car insurance? There's usually something
For example, I managed to get my cellphone plan down to $40 from $70, and moving back in with my parents saves me ~800/month. Here's a snapshot of my financial situation
Rent 250
Car Insurance 225 (young males get JUST'd on insurance)
Gas 30
Cell phone 40
Misc 50
Student Loan 150
Gym membership 30

I don't drink, smoke, party, do drugs, eat out, or anything like that. My hobbies are very low cost, or free, so my money just slowly builds up. Over >1k savings/investment money every month just on min. wage while taking an online course

>90% of 25 year old millennial a have negative net worth due...to lack of skills or work ethic

I've started searching for jobs recently because I'm sick of delivering pizzas and it seems to be the same as it always has been. The only jobs that pay at least $10/hour are factory jobs or security jobs. I may try to get a security job for now since it would be easier than a factory. I was seeing a therapist for five years and then she switched positions so now I don't have one, nor do I think I could really afford one.

>25
>uni educated, $80k per year job
>$40k saving

OP, you bourgeois piece of shit, fuck off.

I live with my dad but part of the agreement we had was that I would pay the internet bill each month which is about $140 and I also have a cell phone contract through Verizon that costs me about $80 a month. I owe roughly $1000 on a credit card that I literally just cancelled. I believe I owe somewhere from $1600 to $2500 in student loans. I also owe a local hospital $1000. I make around $250 to $350 biweekly and I make maybe $150 in tips a week. I'm sick of delivering pizzas though and want a job that pays better and is more stable. I really waste a lot of money on food and pot. I'm terrible with money and it seems like it's impossible to change. I have the same bad habits I had when I first started working. I've never manged to keep a job for longer than a month (other than pizza delivery).

Best of luck, depression is both really shitty in that it can be incredibly debilitating and at the same time it just isn't something that most people can understand without experiencing it themselves.

What the fuck are you talking about I'm 24 and my net worth is like -250k

>$350 biweekly
I was gonna say you could probably land but better job,of but take the security or factory job, you need more income. $700 / mo is welfare tier. Quit pot its not helping (I used to smoke too, quiting was one of the best decisions of my life) and seriously really do pick up "The Power of Positive Thinking." It highly influence d our President, its a bit religious but the underlying message is good.

If you can land a full time job making $10 / hour you'll feel so much better and you can. Springboard it to even better jobs. You can make it lad.

Yeah, I've decided I'm gonna try to quit smoking pot. It costs too much and it's just a nasty habit in general. It just sucks because it's probably going to take me a couple of weeks before I can pass a drug test. I'll try to get a full-time security gig or something. I've been in debt for as long as I can remember and I'm sick of it.

Changing habits is hard user, but it is unironically the most important part of unfucking your life. You do want to unJUST your life, don't you? This is something we all struggle with, there are days that I want to just give up, but we're unironically all going to make it. You can do this, I know you can! Inertia, the fear of disappointment and the fear of failure are the biggest obstacles that you have to overcome, and the good news is the same as the bad news- they're all in your mind! YOU create your experience of reality, and changing your perspective, changing your attitude is the first step towards that. Two biggest things that will shape your life is the natural law and your attitude, and the latter is entirely in your control. Having a good attitude doesn't mean you suddenly have superpowers, but it DOES mean that you are super-empowered to accept your situation, and start to move towards something better. Literally just avoid the common traps, keep your head up, and you'll make it. Just focus on sorting your own life out, never mind those who had the privilege of rich parents or w/e. This is between you and yourself and God

$10 an hour?? Can you even survive in your parents basement on that little? I make $90k/year And I feel like that's an adequate amount. I have zero debt except for my mortgage. But even still I feel like I'm just barely making it. I put a lot into retirement and crypto, at $10 you'll never even buy a car much less retire.

>100k by 25
It's almost impossible on where i live
Fresh graduate in my country only got about $3k - $5k per year.

If you are skilled migrate to America friend. Unfortunately our immigration policies are broken because of the number of illegal immigrants we get from Mexico. I wish they'd close that border and start letting skilled people in instead of random lawbreakers.

I don't really have many other options at this point.

Thanks, user. I appreciate the advice. I know that I'm my own worst enemy. I don't know if it's because of my depression or if I have ADHD or something but whenever I try to change my habits, I always fall back into them within a few days. Also, whenever I try to teach myself a new skill or something, it seems impossible to actually read anything. If I try to learn something, my eyes just kinda float across the page, never actually picking up any information and I feel like I don't learn anything.

Mate. I have less then 50k to my name.
30k savings, 30k crypto, 10k debt.

All my crypto profits (25k so far) started from 5k invested from a credit card. Started a few months ago.

It's barely enough. I made 1k / mo at one point in my life. I had no car no cable walked everywhere roomed with six people but I was able to save a few bucks a month. The user is making $700 / mo he needs more money badly. In a year or so he should look for something that pays at least $15, then $20, then $30, then $50 ... Slow and steady.

>taking advice from wagecucks

why would you listen to someone who will never make it?

Deluded cointard

Australia
Net worth 100k USD. Would've been 200k USD if my poor filipino parents didn't leech from my savings.

time for bed wagie

Zero real life experience

If you think the median 25 year old millenial has even 50k in savings AND assets combined then I have a bridge to sell you

How the hell did you get these numbers? What's this for, the country club?

Like, damn. 600k by 35? So the average networth for 55 should be over a million?

look at median numbers, those numbers are inflated by rich fags.

15k 19 year old here btw.

350k, 7 months ago it was only 3k

and i just turned 22

how did you do it user? I had almost nothing to my name and made 15k mostly from pepes and eth over this last year.

Why not artist?

I was 21, had no skills and pretty average grades - taught myself programming for 2-3 hours a day (which is nothing), 2 years later I landed a job (literally my first application). If you do 5 hours a day instead, and you actually care about doing a good job, you can have a job a lot sooner than I did

You also have the added benefit that since you know how to code, you can start your own business for free (depending on the idea) and potentially escape wagecuckery