Give us your pitches for campaign settings or systems

Give us your pitches for campaign settings or systems

I'll start:
>Cyberpunk but instead of tech implants and neon and such, have Frankenstein style implants (like a body builders arm or a crab claw) with some aesthetic influence from heavy metal album covers
>Cronenberg shenanigans ensue

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/QTqWE9H8
youtube.com/watch?v=PaNmTwZyixg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Cyberpunk but instead of tech implants and neon and such, have Frankenstein style implants...
So biopunk?

Rippers, a Savage Worlds splatbook.

Well shit, didn't know it was already a thing
I like it

>the party is composed of demons
>character classes are various kinds of demons from various mythos, taken from around the world (like a christian demon, a Japanese oni, etc)
>they have to do demon things in the mortal world; and they're equipped with various abilities to help them like possessing people or handing out curses
>antoganists are usually other demons, demon hunters, or angels and their ilk

It is, and it is absolutely the best of the -punk genres. Gives people the opportunity to sacrifice what makes them who they are in exchange for strength and power. Leads to a lot of fun agony about just what makes someone human as their bodies become more monstrous and inhuman

>Stargate 188
>Ghostbusters, Neotokyo
>Weird War 2
>Green Lantern Corps meets Pacific Rim
>Firefly 2.0

I could go on. Im currently looking for group in the gamefinder thread

>sacrifice what makes them who they are
Like character traits (bravery, indolence, awkward feeling in crowded places)?
You seem to put too much significance in a lump of meat

>replace hand with vagina
>???
>profit

Several hundred years after an occult fueled apocalypse North America has finally become livable once more. Settlers from mainland china live in city states along the west coast, now having declared independence from imperial rule, and struggle in constant conflict with the barbaric tribes to the south and their rattling smoke belching motored vehicles. Dotting the landscape is pieces more valuable than gold. Rubber, chemicals, perhaps even preserved documents on how to make them lie buried beneath the landscape. The California coast has become hostile, and in recent time the city states unstable after breaking away from control of the Imperial Dynasty. With beasts twisted by strange energies, black oil barbarians, and greedy abhumans abounding how can one make their fortune in this new land?

In summary, chinafornia.

pastebin.com/QTqWE9H8

pastebin contains a lot of setting info

Others I've done
>Blorg's Ultimate Survival Climax
>The Practitioner's War
>A Guide to Primitives
>Beneath the Wall
>Chinafornia

I like talking about settings.

>Fantasy but with mechs.

Like huge warforged?

This is pretty fuckin choice

Not really. More like pilotable mechs. Not anything super huge, between ten and twenty feet or so.

A Halloween setting with pic related player classes
Spooks and fun times will be had

Escaflowne?

>primitive caveman barbarian world with dinosaurs and also elves and dwarves and magic and also highly advanced technology from the future-past but the magic and machines aren't really common or well known about but the people who have them are basically living gods

So demon: the fallen.

Did you steal this or is this original?

The good guys won, sort of.
The world-spanning conflict that just ended came at the cost of the world's magic and most of its people. Now all deaths are final and the world is slowly recovering from all that it's been sent through, forced to adapt to non-magical qualities.
Your characters are the offspring of heroic survivors, and are forced to make your way in a world both familiar and strange. You have basic supplies and some accumulated knowledge of technology, but the loss of magic and lower population means it's going to be an uphill battle.
Other heroic bloodlines seek to make their way in the world, and a rumor snakes its way across the world that a child born with the right potential would have the ability to bring magic back. However, you are more likely concerned with consolidating your group's power and security.
Can you build a civilization that can stand the test of time?

>medieval stasis
>mankind is dying out
>plague everywhere, everyone dies from really bad sickness
>everything is covered in dirt and shit
>banditry
>famine
>degeneration
>cannibalism
>very bad weather
>old abandoned castles and towers dating to the most ancient times
>the landscapes are littered with countless bodies of soldiers that died long ago, their armour and weapons are covered in rust
>people scavenge them
>GTA Vice City
>neon lights
>cars
>instead of modern firearms, everyone is using medieval armour and weapons
>because thats just how it is...
>barbarians
>sorcery maybe???

>medieval stasis
>mankind is dying out
>plague everywhere, everyone dies from really bad sickness
>everything is covered in dirt and shit
>banditry
>famine
>degeneration
>cannibalism
>very bad weather
>old abandoned castles and towers dating to the most ancient times
>the landscapes are littered with countless bodies of soldiers that died long ago, their armour and weapons are covered in rust
>people scavenge them

meant to put a lot of space here to seperate the 2 ideas but for some reason your stupid 4chans merged it in my former post

>GTA Vice City
>neon lights
>cars
>instead of modern firearms, everyone is using medieval armour and weapons
>because thats just how it is...
>barbarians
>sorcery maybe???

Just throw -punk in after any word, and it's a thing. Earwaxpunk, Laundry detergentpunk, Memepunk. It all works.

i always found the setting in Samurai Jack very interesting. it literally allows for anything, no? is that not great?

or maybe Korgoth of Barbaria?
youtube.com/watch?v=PaNmTwZyixg

opinions on such settings? are they like the mary sues of conworlds?

>Memepunk
How would this game work? I must play it.

The memes get memeier
the plebs get pleber

Yes, but how can we map rolling a d20 to the spiciness of memes?

meme is a new force

meme magic, meme wizards and sorcerers, casting meme spells, summoning meme beings

technology powered by emotional resonance of memes

meme gods are being born out of nothingness and are sustained by the amount of worshippers

(((they))) take advantage of this to control the population, issuing out dosages of meme drugs for their slaves, to subdue them

and then there are those who try to resist...

Houses of the Blooded is kind of

1-3 the meme is a forced facebook meme
4-9 the meme is a short lived one off
10-14 The meme has traction and has a life longer than 3 years and people enjoy it only unironically
15-18 the meme has gained wide spread popularity and people enjoy it both ironically and unironically
19-20 presidential candidates, governors and men of high power take note of the meme and it's potential as a means of power

Unknown Armies

Rolled 13 (1d20)

Rollin for memeage

Your entire civilization is built inside the rotting carcass of a continent-sized deity's corpse. Lately, in a far of plane of existence, his worshipers have begun a ritual to revive their dead deity, and he's starting to knit himself back together, causing havoc.

So...

Modern Veeky Forums?

Praise Kek.

>constant earthquakes caused by breathing
>antibody monsters roaming everywhere

>Mysterious storms split people into two after they are struck by lightning
>A royal feast on a cruise boat that has the kings and queens of five different countries on it gets struck by one of those lightnings
>Five nations are now in uproar as they don't know who their real ruler is
>One of them gets killed in a duel by his doppelganger, promptly killing both of them in the act
>Adventurers, wizards and alchemists are promised a king's ransom (heh) and political power if they find a way to return the kings back to being a single person
>The political opponents of these ´kings are also paying a king's ransom if they are assassinated, which is now easier as they have to watch two people instead of just one
>Kings take countermeasures against assassins
>First one locks his doppelganger in a dungeon deep within the ground
>Second has a wizard trap his doppelganger in a separate plane of existence
>Third one leaves his doppelganger to rule while he himself disguises himself as a random merchant to the knowledge of nobody
>Fourth can't into countermeasure and instead has a civil war against his doppelganger
>You as a party is also struck by the lightning all at once, but your doppels come out "wrong" and develop completely different personalities and now work against you as they think that eating the players' souls makes them the one and only without killing them

Post-apocalyptic DC universe

The justice league are figures of myth now, and semi-religious orders have formed to emulate them.

The red-garbed messengers and traders
The amazons, healers and defenders of the hearth
The lantern-bearers, upholding law within the kingdom
Paladins of hope, resplendent in blue, on an endless crusade against the mutant, the villain, and the infernal. Those who have not the strength to battle monsters act as advisors to kings and render aid to the community.

etc.

>Spelljammer
>The players are the officers of an independent cargo ship, dodging pirates, negotiating contracts, haggling with corrupt customs inspectors, artfully hiding the occasional legal and legitimately obtained piece of cargo, and exploring the universe in the search for more money
>Rogue Trader with sails or Firefly with elves, essentially
Finally getting the chance to run this, 8/10 bretty gud so far

I'll paste the one I'm doing for some friends over winter break. (D&D 5E)
Hook:
>In the rough 'n tough fishing village of Coderon, Captain Bilgegut has chartered the vessel "Eres" to explore and chart the isles of the Undersea, a massive underground lake in the southernmost part of the Underdark, where it feeds into to the ocean.
>The Undersea are notoriously dangerous waters, and thus only the brave and the foolhardy have the guts to bravely stride into this sunless sea.
>Captain Bilgegut put up a request for help, and our heroic adventurers have taken up the offer. Perhaps in search of gleaming treasure, glinting in the dark? Maybe the past has pushed our heroes in search of something they've lost-- or perhaps to escape something else? Or maybe the promise of adventure enticed the hearts of those who desperately seek it.
And yes, it's blatantly inspired by Sunless Sea. R8 it pls

So it is "the end". Like- the end of everything. You are on the last un-destroyed planet in existence (hence the lack of stars in the sky) because a race known only as "The Enemy" has destroyed everything (literally everything). The enemy, bulky looking insecticide things created by someone and tampered with along the way, are invulnerable and have only an insatiable need to destroy everything.

You can not defeat The Enemy, you can only delay them.
You can defeat normal enemies.
The planet you are on is cracked and dying.
There are no other stars in the sky. You are the last planet alive.
There is a finite amount before your planet is destroyed (1,000 years?)
Your only hope is the find a way to defeat an enemy who can never be defeated.
Yours is not the last planet for any special reason. It was just arbitrarily last. Many mighty empires and worlds fell before you and were trillions of times stronger than your world in terms of military advancement, population, intelligence, resources, etc and they fell without any sort of meaningful success.
A woman in a Purple and White dress appears in various forms to help the players along. She is the Princess of The End.

The Enemy
Known by as many names as worlds they have destroyed, The Enemy is a slowly moving force that seeks to destroy all existence and cause “The Big Crunch”. They have various forms but all have a dull silver and black colored “robotic” exterior. Most resemble bulky insect-like humanoids with blocky armor but a huge variety of specialized types exist. Their armor is impenetrable to all forms of attack and damage. If the situation demands it- they can reform their physical characteristics so they can resume the destruction of all existence. They have no minds, require no sustenance, do not rest or feel tired, there is nowhere they cannot go, there is no way to hide from them, they cannot be deterred, and are immune to magic. They have consumed the stars, they killed the gods, and your world is the last bit of clean up on their plate. You cannot win against them, you cannot surrender to them, and you cannot outlast them. Their goal is to systematically wipe out all radicals in the universe and cause it to reset.

It is believed their power works in a fashion unlike any other. They gather more power the closer to the “big crunch” they universe gets (inverted entropy?). They seek to stop the universe from “growing” intellectually past the point (known as the tipping) where the collective sentient races could stop/reverse the big bang/big crunch dynamic.

The God Engine
As The Enemy swept across the stars they were also sweeping across the metaphysical planes. They ate hope, faith, fear, and love- leaving only dull emptiness in its place. They ate entire pantheons and eliminated entire theological and philosophical thought. On the last cracked world the survivors banded together to try to preserve the last vestiges of divine power by crafting an artificial god. This deific figure is known to be of mortal make but embodies all the hopes of the last beings in the universe.

Throughout the eons that The Enemy marched through the cosmos, many civilizations have fallen before them. Most cultures have had no choice but to roll over and die in the face such overwhelming might. However some souls try to face the darkness, to fight the storm. Those who succeed in felling The Enemy’s scions soon learn the bitter truth, not only is their victory temporary but those stalwart heroes who defeated the darkness soon lose their, minds, bodies, and eventually souls to what they defeated. Collectively referred to as the cursed these creatures soon turn the skills they used to save their world against the very people they saved. Basically- the Cursed at the "last people alive" (aka: Players)

The Creators
Able to use the enemy’s own power against them, the creators can use advanced magics to remake reality around them. Existence is more malleable and weak because of it’s proximity to the end of time. Influence an area in a radius.

Heralds of The Enemy
Some creatures, whether by terrible revelation, perverse luck, or contact with The Enemy gain a fraction of its’ power and knowledge. These tragic figures are doomed to either struggle against The Enemy’s apocalyptic whispers or be cowed and act as an intelligent agent of it’s will.

The Sisters of the Dawn
Battle maidens who have used their own biological processes to convert the ability to create life to the ability to sustain their own life. They wear veils over the face. They are skilled with lances and knives. They practice sologamy (self-marriage) and are fiercely independent.

“I live on the last world, cracked and torn by the ravages of my enemies, where the last vestiges of civility died with my father’s last breath. Now, on the eve of battle I can crave nothing but his paternal caress. I have wed five kings of five nations and all of them died defending my throne. I now pledge myself to my lance and to sologamy so that I may better stand the storm at this- the end of days. We stand in line to die and pray that the thrust of the enemy’s lance is shallow enough to skewer the three bodies before us so that we may feign death with only a glancing wound and survive until tomorrow when we must stand in line to die again. The rare few escape, but never for long, and at dawn tomorrow my blood will mingle with those of the rest of my people as we meet our fate. I accept this and know my defeat is inevitable but still- I march to war. Tomorrow, we may slay their minions but The Enemy will survive unscathed against even our most brutal attacks. With our attack we hope not to destroy them- but to inspire others to repay our sacrifice and press on in determining a path to ultimate victory. We will stay their advance for hours, days, or perhaps even a week if we are lucky. We will fight, bleed, and die for the slim glimmer of hope that all the universe has missed some simply way to defeat that which cannot be defeated and that some mind who still survives. For this and salvation I shall die tomorrow.”

Seekers of Truth
An intergalactic organization that fights against combats ignorance, preserves acquired data, and ultimately “grow” the universe. When boiled down to it, they are essentially super-powered galactic librarians. They exist to avoid “the big crunch” (opposite of the big bang). Each time the universe has expanded it contracted and essentially restarts itself. However, if the universe advances sufficiently the universe will continue to expand and enter a new era never before dreamed of where time lasts eternally. The seekers of truth are agents whose souls persist between each “crunch” in an effort, by a cosmic entity known as “The Princes of The End”, to enter into this golden age. The Enemy is The Princess’ opposite who sometimes uses fragments of her spirit to enter mortal agents. The Princess and The Enemy are both immortal metaphysical concepts personified. The Princess wants to see what lays beyond the crunch but The Enemy is scared and wished to stay in the universe it knows (as it repeats again and again). A seeker of truth can never intentionally be deceptive, can tap into any information accumulated by the seekers, “download” any information from data repositories (books, computers, etc) they touch, and even take information right from the minds of others (though the mentally strong can resist this). They do this impossibly fast and it is collected in their citadel- a fortress that exists outside space and time (though it reboots with each “crunch”). The are identified by their glowing white eyes. Also, an extra eye opens in the forehead. The seekers of truth can also see “deceptive” things. This generally means they have x-ray vision, can see normally invisible things, and are made supernaturally aware of threats to their person from targets within the range of their sight. They also can manifest End-Power, a unique energy that envelops their weapons and can stun The Enemy.

I was almost down for GTA:Mideval as fuck edition.

Rolled 19 (1d20)

My meme is the meme shall than rule the world.

>19th Century America with magical realism and biblical parallels

what?

You are a rare Pepe. Now roll 1d8 to see what is your rareness' secret

1 Golden Pepe skin
2 Invisible Pepe
3 Trumpepe
4-7 Special color pepe (choose from Red, Purple and Beige)
8 Fempepe

the majority of the world turned into a desert after the nukes, the last resources were used to create city-sized enviro-spheres. however, only a small percentage of the population managed to get a spot in one of these places, with the majority on the outside.
there has developed a sort of class system around these spheres. the upper class, living inside the spheres, for the most part ignorant and indifferent towards the outside, the middle class, or as they are called, "the slums" that has just outside the spheres, as slums built against the walls of the sphere, providing both services, industries and muscle in exchange for limited access to some of the technology and the overall protection of the spheres. the third is seen more as an important resource than a class, "the farmlands". not only being farms but also mining operations, more permanent "scavenging operations" and generally any outpost in the wasteland that produces anything of value. an easy target for raiders (that most of the time are far too few and weak to attack even the slums, but can potentially ambush convoys or even a farmland) enemy spheres that wants to seize the farmland for themselves or even uprisings that, if not culled quickly enough, could turn into their own free cities, i.e., slums without spheres.

in such a place so are mercs always needed, and always easy to find.
post-apocatlyptic cyberpunk with some madmax

alt history or an earth-like conworld

>not! vikings
>not! indians
>war

optional, add whatever based on preference, lol:

>magic
>werewolves
>norse folk creatures
>native american folk creatures
>apocalypse
>demons
>undead
>aliens

>mankind is dead?
>only machine people are left
>rust
>it's like a zombie virus
>robot paladins begin to combat it
>futile effort

??? what happens next, anons??
plot twists??

>Robot paladins work for the few humans still alive
>Humans are paranoid and unleashed rust to kill the robots
>Robots would actually welcome them with open arms as they don't know how to improve and produce better robots

I think it sounds fun.

what about robot necromancers?

Found a cache of basic back up programs in a military complex and learned how to reproduce those, but they have a virus that completely overwrites to old program (so no robotic-resurrection)

>Everything was going great with this rare magic medieval place we have got going here
>A simple device is discovered to produce large amounts of usable magic and released to the public before it could be suppressed
>Population has to deal with the sudden social, economic, and military upheaval that comes from a wizard population going from one in five hundred, to one in ten

The players are either part of an established power base trying to deal with the fallout, or street wizards trying to make it big

The setting is Norse mythology, Ragnarok has just concluded, and through some sort of series of events, a new set of gods has come to replace the dead gods who came before them. These gods are the PCs, who must remake the world and go through an OC version of Norse mythology. The few living things after ragnarok are still around, and the magical artifacts of the old gods are there for the players to find. For example, Mjolnir would be buried in Jormungand's corpse, which would be large enough to be a dungeon.

>You are elite pilots who have endured a number of cybernetic and psionic enhancements to allow you to transfer your conciousness into semi-humanoid space craft
>Each craft is a magnificent egine of war on it's own yet if you spend too long in it your mind and "soul" and physical damage to the craft can translate into physical maladies such as loosing the use of your legs on your original body
>You and your group have been assigned to a long distance recon mission that has gone south and you are stuck in a mind field amidst the floating corpse of a giant ship as well as surviving enemy units.
>The mission was already butting up against eh same time alloted in the suits
>Can you survive with your life and sanity in tact until rescue arrives?

For a comedy of errors kind of game.

>You play a bunch of low-level conscript types in your country's military, who were temporarily assigned to an elite formation.
>The reason for this is to pander to a number of high-ranking nobles or important businessmen or some other notables that they deserve a bodyguard of "elite soldiers" without actually pulling away the real elite soldiers from important other duties.
>Primary goal of game is to trick the rich idiot you're hanging around that you actually are badasses when you're not.

>Modern Day
>Whether due to vacation, business or otherwise you have found yourself out of continent from your home in the Americas
>Whilst doing whatever you're doing a tremor shakes the ground followed by the largest thunderclap on record
>All communications from the Americas are dead
>news reports from all over the world are showing a live-stream from the ISS showing that the Americas had been replaced
>The landmass is the exact same but everything else is wrong
>Large forests entering oceans before cutting off abruptly
>Deserts spanning through most of what used to be Canada
>All islands off the coasts have vanished entirely
>A strange mega-structure is where southern Brazil used to be
>You've been drafted thanks to your skillset by remaining military deployments that were overseas to explore your once familiar home and find what has happened to everyone

I even made a map! In paint, at work.

Looks pretty good, would explore Lake Canada and the mega-structure

>Savage Worlds
>Like Earthbound mixed with Stranger Things and FLCL.
>Child psychics in 50's America on summer break are woken up by meteorite smashing into the forest.
>Investigate, discover it's actually a spaceship.
>Save the world before Summer Break is over.
>Also deal with the creepy new factory and the Men in Black who are handling the whole situation awfully.

>You go to a fancy hotel as you were invited by your eccentric family member to be there
>You get there, but recognize nobody
>Everybody has different eccentric and rich family member who invited them there
>Who cares, the food is good, the company is pleasant and the band just keeps going
>Eventually somebody tries to leave, but they plummet into a white void and are flung after a few minutes back through the front door
>Time passes and one person is found strangled in his bathroom
>When investigating his corpse, it breaks in half and reveals that the victim is inside himself and springs out like nothing happened
>We grabs an old timey razor and goes to town on the guests
>Everybody who dies comes back and starts killing people
>You must survive, discover the mystery of why this is happening and how to get back

>everyone is a paladin
>combat ability is a stat
>other stats are chivalry, faith, justice, and finally devotion
>devotion works like health
>if you lose rolls you lose devotion until you eventually fall

I one shot something similar and someone fell because they crit failed wooing a princess and the guy role played a friend zoned white knight. Good times were had.

Thank you :D

>Earthbound mixed with... FLCL

Gears of War mixed with kingdom death in the Underdark.

>noir-dieselpunk world
>earth is a lot bigger, but without the physical repercussions because fuck you I want to make the world as big as it seemed back when everything still wasn't mapped
>group of adventurers going throughout the still undiscovered frontiers, jungles, and ocean depths with cool weaponry and very minimal magic
>Magic is literally just fucking with the fabric of the universe itself, so there are plenty of glitches in space-time to basically put anything in any part of the world

Retrofuture spacemen, exploring lovecraftian worlds with rocketships that pilot the dreamlands.

Basically an artifact called the Dagon Stone was u earthed in the saltplanes of southwest america, a history professor studied it , but went mad scribbling things in a hundred languages, not all of them human on the walls & objects in his study. Professor in sent to an asylum, later dies. A few corporations decipher some of the ramblings, discover space travel through the dreamlands. Create a force of explorers, retired military etc to explore a set of coordinates written in the ramblings. They discover the massive body of an infant old one circling a black hole. Several planets & a few stars too. Strap on your raygun & shoot tentacled horrors in the face while saving buxom damsels cadet! Its time to explore the Dagon Sector!!!

>Typical D&D setting, but actually set in the far future and all aspects of magic are just future-tech from a bygone era.

>Dragons are the ultimate mobile autonomous tank. They're not even biological. Their "hide" is hard as iron. They don't breath fire, they launch hellfires. If you know their password, I mean "true names", you can command them.

>Elves are post-human branch of all the elite beautiful people living semi-immortal lives in their floating arcologies separated from the riff-raff on the surface. Eloi. Nearly post-scarcity society, they spend most of their time trying to gain favor in the court and/or gain upvotes on social media. The last apocalypse was when the high elves nuked most of the land and set the dragons to go burn the other half.

>Dwarves are post-human branch of all the geeks and techy nerds who dig deep into the mountains searching for rare gems/uranium. They've written off the surface as a loss and they're trying to get a space-program going to get off this rock. Every now and then the elves pester them to fix a toy, and they comply least the prats start at it again.

>Orcs, trolls, ogres are mutant in-bred freaks that survives the nuclear holocaust, but got weird.

>Humans are the out-bred standard humans on the surface that somehow survived intact.

>There's no magical healing, but elves can make clones. There's no wands of fireball, but there are still tubes with limited charges and if you know the proper ritual you can point it at someone and 5d6 fire damage comes out and fucks them up because it's a shotgun.

>Wizards can totally scry on your ass because they've hacked their way into some spy-satellites that are still up there.

The Great Old Ones vs the 18th century. Nyarlathotep's ensuring the French Revolution is as long and as bloody as possible, Yog-Sothoth is the patron saint of the lycanthropes and skinwalkers living in America, and all the while, a group of pirates stumbles upon Ry'leh.

Noble bright variant of cyberpunk crossed with cosmic horror. The world is ruled by corporations, everyone has plenty, everyone is happy, players delve into the corporate tug of war for consumer good will and discover that their entire reality is being generated by a vast network of harvested human neural tissue used as a computer by minions of the elder gods. They can choose to break out and attempt to fight against things beyond human understanding or stay inside and subvert the illusion. Either choice will likely result in their untimely demise.

Basically, Matrix meets Lovecraft.