How do we make aliens seem like more than just another monster?

How do we make aliens seem like more than just another monster?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-tVg27vB-VE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Make their females humanoid and fuckable.

They are just another monster, through. They're not even a wholly newl monster, they're wearing hats have existed since the dawn of storytelling. Cattle mutilation, strange circles, beings from the sky, being spirited away, losing time, these are not new concepts.

What makes the greys different is that they're being aided by authority in some way. Either the government is covering their tracks for its own purposes, Eisenhower made a deal with them that lets them do what they please, or they already control our government from within. That's their niche. They are the fear that your leaders are lying to you, will allow something to hurt you and not do anything about it, and will actively silence you if you try to speak up about your experiences because they're not actually on your side.

they beam you up, probe your ass to make every piece of their technology compatible with humans, so that when the day humanity becomes a space farring civilization, they can sell shit to us.

they're not monsters , just space jew. and once they made every kind of discovery about a single human being, they just drop him at the nearest spacestation in the system, with just a basic translator implant.

you'd be basically tortured for a few weeks, then left alone in a world you possibly will never understand, knowing you'll never see another human again.

Talk to them.

/thread
It's all we've ever asked for from the universe.

Read something like "Old Man's War", or "Starship Troopers", or "Ender's Game", which either remove or actively subvert the humanity fuck yeah trope and create aliens that defy the typical monster-in-the-darkness, unknownable theme.

Look up weirder alien sightings.

This is always the right answer. If you know your aliens are conscious actors, much of their behaviour, even if it's unsettling or weird, becomes more "knowable"

But their females are already humanoid and fuckable, user.

Any hole is a goal.

This. At first what we might see and hokey can be played to be absurdly horrifying. The "silvery metal box" robot aliens get a lot creepier when they open up revealing a neural network that quite literally eats human brains.

Greys are basically bald space lolis already.

It's also much more frightening if you put yourself in the shoes of the person who witnessed the weirder types of aliens. If you see a grey or a reptilian or even a hairy dwarf, it's frightening, but at least you know you're seeing a viable natural creature.

If you see a bizarre metallic object which apparently has some intelligence controlling it, or a being with elephant-like flesh and fused legs that hovers along, or a dwarf with blank flesh in place of a face, that's horrifying. You're seeing something so weird and unnatural that it simply ought not to exist.

I once tried to use aliens and other weirdness from sightings, american folk lore, and nazi super science in a game based roughly off the ideas of XCOM, post WWII.

My group didn't want any. My own fault really, they aren't the type for hokey.

...you run a game in the Star Wars setting?

>My group didn't want any
sounds to me like you have an awful group

First thing Anyone does to signify a race is by giving them their own goals, their own struggles and their own unique stories.

I like the absolute "fuck reality" types of aliums that are completely incomprehensible. Their purpose on earth is to do their thing and not care about the consequences. But, not deal with humans.
I like this one theory that they create bubbles that people just don't enter. They look like empty fields and forests when really they are giant mining dig sites.
Instead of fighting humans, or communicating with humans they make humans unaware.

I really like how the creators of silent hill took the piss and have two theories in silent hill, one being about a cult summoning the void. And another is just aliens fucking with us.
youtu.be/-tVg27vB-VE

In the end though it always leaves them as something we can't solve or stop. And we have to accept that they will exist against our wishes. That's modern day aliens to me. If you're looking for more sci fi then do the above but make them combatable.

I kinda like the idea of an alien civilzation that found humanity and wept with joy because they encountered aliens that were too alien in the same way humanity tends to think of truly alien Aliens.

Were you play a game with aliens fighting each other in a secret war over earth.

>defy the typical monster-in-the-darkness
enders game lays the monster in the darkness pretty straight, except you're reading about th monster