How many of the problems in your setting have been caused by wizards fucking around?

How many of the problems in your setting have been caused by wizards fucking around?

None that anyone can prove, but probably all of them

it happens quite often, so people just treat like any other mishap

thankfully there are jsut as many good/competent wizards as there are bad, so there is no shortage of people to clean things up

>"oh its the darn wizards again, better call some guards"

Quit a lot of them, there was even a magical wizard war/apocalypse in fact.
Super secret: it was actually set up by outside forces. Just according to keikaku!

In his defense, he didn't misplace his shotgun. A dude stole it.

My setting is a city built in the pocket dimension that wizards collectively use as waste disposal, so technically all of them.
Yes, it's basically a Dorohedoro game. I make no excuses.

that sounds so cool! please elaborate.

Some of the supernatural ones, and some of the mundane. This is why they are viciously hunted by various secret services around the world.

Is god a wizard?

some gods have wizard levels
but pelor no

I was about to say none, then I remembered that the eldritch abominations that have literally caused 99% of the current shittyness of the world for the past ten thousand years are there because some people wanted to become wizards. I guess that counts.

I started out the game playing a wizard who was literally supposed to be a batshit insane old man (or, I guess, elf, but you get the point). So, in the first session, I was intimidated by one of the other players attempting to get everyone to leave the tavern, and, as I skedaddled out of there, I decided to burn down said tavern. A bar that had a bunch of people inside. Well, it turns out, by doing that I unintentionally saved everyone from the giant dragon that was then going to attack that bar.

OWLBEARS!

All of them.

1333 years ago the City of gods emerged from the Sands of itoa. IT brought with IT the tieflings and an abduance of Magical Energy. Forgotten beasts stirred in their sleep, their hearts beating once More. From their bodies birthed the Monsters of this world.

Well, they drove the goddess of magic nuts, so about half is a lowball estimate.

None, as my setting doesn't feature "wizards" in the "person who gets magical powers through the study and manipulation of ambient magical forces" sense.

That being said, most of the major problems in my setting were caused by magic users; enough so that the gods of the setting forcibly changed how mortals could access magic, severely restricting who can use it and what effects any given person has access to.

The largest of these magic user influenced problems is a dangerously unstable Wild Magic Zone roughly the size of Wales.

If wizards hadn't climbed to the absolute height of hubris, leapt off while shouting FUCK YOU, and slam dunked the world into oblivion my setting wouldn't even be a thing so yeah I think pretty much all of them.

A fair bit, but also by shamans, clerics, the gods in general...

I'm running a post-apocalyptic fantasy game set after a long-running world war between four major factions ended up with MAD breaking and all of them unleashing their magical superweapons at once; the gods leaving the world in disgust and cutting it off from extraplanar support (even evil gods and demon lords), and just a general wasting and destruction of the entire world as we knew it. The PCs were locked up in totallynotavault which has recently opened; they're trying to rebuild. It's pretty fun.

Nearly all the problems of my setting have all been caused by the same wizard.

Funnily enough none of them, Wizards ARE the problem in my setting

they're also the solution, 99% of all living things and a large minority of household items

But it was the gods that caused Wizards

All of them.

>How many of the problems in your setting have been caused by wizards fucking around?
Technically all of them, but that's hardly common knowledge now that the bulk of them were wiped out.

All of them, albeit indirectly.

char *itoa(int value, char *str, int base);

Magic can "drip" into reality and corrupt people but not in a warhammer way. It's a bit more specific. Magic is decently understood and very sophisticated but it does alter the weave of reality itself and it can linger.
A girl and her mother refused to leave the city that was being cleansed by a powerful fire spell. The mother self-combusted while the daughter became infused with fire magic. She can cast the fire spells instinctively with no prior training, but each time she does it - a part of her is forever taken by magic flame. Ine day she will all become a flame and then disperse

Several thousand.

The un-time zone in the middle of what used to be Queen Boudicca's garrison, the giant swarming demon pit in what used to be the mid-Western United States getting bigger, a bunch of cosmic horrors being bound to human bodies and fucking shit up, a decent chunk of Africa being invaded by lizard men from the New Jersey sewers after a horrible accident with an illegal teleportal, a small White Hole opening over northern Sibera and vaporizing everything in 200 miles, a booming trade in illegal potions, scrolls, and mind control spells which are treated like snake oil, unmarked guns, and roofies respectively, and a pharmacist tried to cut costs by transforming one some junk into silver nitrate and ended up with a huge lawsuit when he accidentally rubbed industrial grade metal solvent on a guy's open wound.

Then there's the Fucking New Jersey God-Damn Pumpkin Flavored Fuckfest of '06, which one of the big faction leaders refuses to speak of without screaming the phrase FUCKING FRUIT FUCKING MOTHERFUCKERS at least 4 times.

Do chaos gods, the God Emperor of Mankind, and most Eldar count as wizards?

san loss

I'm stealing this. Hard.

just the one, the one that created my desolate magical dustbowl setting in the first place and subsequently is slowly killing the planet.

Well, there's been a surge in sorcerers lately, so I guess the wizards have been fucking around pretty hard lately.

THere's an entire continent rendered virtually uninhabitable because of wizzard nonsense.

On the minus side, the rampant magical radiation fucks over everyone who's not a native, but on the plus side, natives pretty much enjoy a magic-powered garden of eden. With natural soda springs and jetpack lelfs.

all of them

wow haha so randumb :^)

Elf wizards were responsible for destroying their empire, fucking up much of their homeland, and creating the primarily antagonistic force in the setting. There's a reason why wood elves don't use any arcane magic and high elves have an order of assassins dedicated to killing magic users.

Human wizards haven't really fucked up much, though. There used to be an empire ruled by sorcerers (technically, they're still around but not really an empire anymore), but most of the bad stuff they did was standard empire stuff (conquering neighboring lands and forcing people to pay tax to the emperor), although the sorcerer-lords didn't really value the lives of non magic users very much, which led to some ethically very questionable practices every now and then.

Both of those events are ancient history, though. In more recent times, there has been remarkably few wizard-related fuckups, probably partly due to most nations keeping their magic users on a tight leash. Although the former head of the most prominent college of magic may have created an incredibly powerful artificial being and raised it as his daughter. Nobody's seen him after his retirement over a hundred years ago, although travellers occasionally tell of meeting a kindly old wizard matching his description. He's a nice person, actually, but very much of the "no sense of right and wrong" variety of wizard.

All of them.
That's why we burn the bastards at the stake.

>Mushroom soldiers endangering a whole continent
>Slime people have become the illuminati
>A war equivalent to the Eastern Front in WW2 was fought to stop a horde of golems from destroying an empire
>There's a giant undersea living library with octopus slaves that wants to know everything
>Undead are spreading throughout a chain of jungle islands
>Sand worms kill everything inside one giant desert except their worshippers
Most problems can be traced back to these things, and from there back to fucking wizars

Does a Lich count as a wizard?

They built a city that spontaneously sunk into a desert (by design), killing millions. They made a second sun, killing millions.

Surprisingly few, but that's because very few spellcasters are powerful enough to fuck around on a level that could cause permanent problems. The only two that come to mind are, these days, non-issues for society:

The first is an area of desert that used to be a lush and verdant green belt on that continent. I haven't hashed out any details, I just wrote "the result of a magical disaster a thousand years ago" and left it at that.

The second are rifts, great canyons scattered across the world that are rich in ambient magical energies and in which grow huge clusters of crystals as a result of those energies. Those rifts are actually where cities used to be, but that civilization fucked around a little too much with teleportation magic. One day, all their permanent teleportation circles -- which they had in every population center -- when haywire all at once, plunging their cities into the Void, lost forever. Very little is known about this society simply because there wasn't much left to study.

It does explain the strange cities on floating islands in the Near Void and the bizarre warped inhuman mutant creatures that inhabit them.

Not him but you don't know what either of those things are.