How long would the Spathi last in the 40k universe?

How long would the Spathi last in the 40k universe?

very, very long.

They would be the only thing in the setting with enough sense to run away.

Yeah, pretty much this. Otherwise, they'd be picked apart quite easily.

If they ever had Psykers, I can see them setting up the same way humans did, only much worse. Other than that, he's got the right idea.

Better question though - provided they're at their best, how'd the title fuckers fare?

That depends. Do the Kohr-Ah exist?

Minor Xenos empire. Gets crushed by the Imperium the moment that the Imperium gets off its ass to deal with them.

The same goes for the Kzer-Zah, as well, though they might take a full-fledged Crusade to deal with due to their Slave Race minions.

We can add them into the equation, provided they're still ensuring the enslavement of other sentience.
And of course the doctrinal conflict.

Makes me wonder how it'd turn out if they slave shield a primitive planet, only for it to be a Necron tomb world.

Oh, right. I was referring to the Kohr-Ah with the pic, thought you the Kzer-Za.

Most likely.

The best thing about 40K spathi is that all their chaos-worthy traits cancel eachother out.

>Khorne doesn't give a fuck about cowardly mollusks
>The only they excess they have is cowardice
>They only plan to keep themselves safe
>They actively try to fix what causes them despair

I think there's a line in there about one Spathi wanting a 'company of nubiles'.

Besides that, I can see it cancelled out.

Ur-Quans (both types) more advanced, than Derpperium of (gay)Man, so no, shoulderpad-fanboy, they wont be "crushed".

What would Orz be in 40K verse?

>actually believing that
LOLno, they will be crushed. The Kohr-Ah are, at best, roughly equivalent in power to in the Imperium, given how they go about Exterminatus-ing all the sentient life they come across. Ultimately, however, all they are is a nomadic space fleet, so they'll be crushed by the Imperium's superior industrial might, as a galaxy-spanning empire.

The Kzer-zah are roughly similar, but their larger fleet of slave races, along with the industrial capability that those slave races grant them, would allow them to resist the Imperium for somewhat longer, though they would eventually be crushed once the Imperium turns its might towards them; they're basically equivalent to the Tau in general threat level, but with more emphasis on space battles.

they'd probably be the same, terrifying thing.

Yeah, but wouldn't they have stiff competition for "pants shittingly scary" in the 40K verse?

Well, there's a given that the galaxy in 40k is more potent then the one in theirs, when factoring in alien races...but, even then. I'd suppose if we had to guess on true strength, we'd have to speculate more on their origins. Assuming they still get their Lovecraftian finger thing going, they might stand a chance. Might. All depends on how they progress with their plans.

Let's imagine these motherfuckers suddenly coming in and miraculously survive the harsh conditions of everything long enough to set up an economy based off selling information and what not, and they actually manage to get a good amount of it alongside fuel and other necessities. What changes?

And yes, I'm aware that is a very risky "if".

Rogue Traders make a killing trading with them. It's not like there aren't already Xenos races with similar schticks in 40k anyway. Pic related.

How many would have to replicate in order to be a decent threat?

Depends on if the AdMech can shut them down or not using their weaponized data-sprites and such. If not, I'd expect that the moment that the Imperium realizes what they are, the AdMech's going to be calling a full-blown Crusade to destroy them; they're the worst sort of Silica Animus.

What are the Spathi?

They'd find a lot of *silly cows* to *dance* with

this thread makes me feel fuzzy warm feelings.

A race of cowardly mollusk aliens who can make amazing technological leaps and bounds when afraid of something (Which they always are). They went from bronze age to space flight in about 100 or so years.

>implying Orz isn't an aspect of Tzeentch

There is a common tall tale spread around the Imperium that the Tyranids have come because they consumed everything in their way outside of our galaxy...

But that's far from the truth. The truth is, the Tyranids encountered something during their extra-galactic travels and have come to our galaxy seeking one thing:

Shelter.

Quality thread.
Wasn't there a SC2 roleplaying system and guide somewhere?
I can't find it, I'm certain I didn't dream that up.

If they have the Sa-Matra, they might be able to defend themselves for a good while. But not forever.

They already have competition for pants shittingly scary in their own verse.

Probably wiped out in short order since they don't really have anything going for them besides their ruthlessness.
The Kzer-Za will probably last a lot longer thanks to their incredible shield technology and the fact that they aren't total fucking maniacs.

What is this from? Is it a vidya?

Star Control 2/The Ur-Quan Masters.
Space Opera sorta shit, helped inspire some of Mass Effect and a couple others if I'm not mistaken.

Look it up and try for yourself, Ur-Quan Masters is a relatively free adaptation with upped graphics and whatnot, though I think there's still an option for old ones.

Good Alien races, good pacing - it's bound to be a good playthrough, if even only in the background.

Look it up on Google and give it a shot, my man.

Ah... In that case... If they managed to survive twenty years, they might surpass the Imperium's 30k Technology.

Star Control 1 is pretty neat too, if you're into old-school turn-based strategy games.

3 however I cannot recommend, except maybe for its Hypermelee mode. Just an all-around disappointment both in terms of core gameplay and story. Even the lead designers of the previous 2 games consider it non-canon. Still, I guess it's pretty decent as a bedtime de-stressor, since most of the game is sitting around waiting while you listen to its comfy space soundtrack.

Yu'vath.

>Do retarded 40k fanboys ever consider that the Imperium doesn't crush everything in its path?
>Apparently not.
Both Ur-Quan races would do just fine in the 40k universe.