Omega Marauders the 2nd thread, we still have stuff to do edition

Previous thread: Recap of the results:
Well, since no one is doing a recap:
>Strategic Prognostication
>36th Millennium Founding (Cursed Founding)
>Ultramarines Progenitor
>Pure? Geneseed
>Demeanor: Swift As The Wind
>Figure of Legend: Chief Librarian
>Took action against an Eldar Craftworld
>Homeworld: Hive World
>Vacuum/Airless Terrain
>Rule by Stewardship
>Codex Compliant Organization
>Ranged Combat Doctrine
>Beliefs: Totem (and also Primarch?)
>Chapter Strength: Under Strength, probably at a minimum of half strength
>Friendly with the Administratum
>Enemies: Orks

Will post some fluff other Anons wrote in the previous thread in the thread itself soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Founding&redirect=no#Twenty_First_Founding
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In the Othos cluser, a dual star system lies the barren and airless moon of Zenon in arbit around a small gas giant called the "Eye of Othos".

The planet wasn't colonized by Imperium, but sometime during the Dark Age of Technology humans built a massive orbital spire for reasons lost in time. But at the height of the God Emperors great crusade the planet was found by an explorator fleet, with no signs of human life on the moon. The resettlement of Zenon was postponed due the Horus Heresy.
It would take until M31, after the Horus Heresy that the planet would be colonized by the Imperium of man. The settlers started to build what would become the foundations of the early hives on Zenon.
Zenon would be the staging points and resupply depo for many Imperial fleets and trading ships due to the use of the orbital spire that has recived the name "The Spire of Stars" as it at several times a year stand directly infront of the dual stars. The spire has made Zenon grow even faster, and by the year M36 the entire northern hemisphere was covered in urban areas; everything from hive spires, manufactorum compunds, maglev tracks, and hab blocks.
At the end of M36 the Omega Marauders space marine chapter made the top of the spire their new HQ in order to protect the planet and the neighbouring sectors.

Every decade inside the giant spire the space marines will hold a parade for the people to show them that the God Emperor of Mankind and Roboute Guilliman watches over them and to show them that the Imperium of Man is here to stay.

When it comes to Imperial tithe, Zenon will send of men and women to the Astra Militarum along with large quantities of Tungsten and Iron mined from deep into the moon to supply the Forges of the Adeptus Mechanicus

Bamp

Choose a color scheme and chapter badge

Post more cannibal fluff

Did we even decide if we wanted to use that in our fluff?

"The honor of being a Space Marine is that of given oneself up to the glory of the Emperor. This does not end with death. The Emperor, in his infinite wisdom, granted the Astartes the omophagea. It is through this organ that a fallen battle brother can perform his final duty and in turn be honored by those who remain. After the removal of the progenoid glands, we devour our dead, so that we can honor their lives by holding their memories in our own, and so that we can learn from the failures that lead to their death, and be more prepared to face the many enemies of the Imperium." - Chaplain Jan Ibor

Awesome, I like it.

what was their cursed founding weirdness.
It doesn't have to be "supernaturally bad luck" like the Lamentors or "BURN MOTHERFUCKER BURN" like the flame eagles but everyone got the weird genes that founding

fuck my bad it was the flame falcons that set themselves on fire before a battle

wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Founding&redirect=no#Twenty_First_Founding

regardless, we have to fit the role we're given, and it makes very little sense that the ENTIRETY of our weirdness boils down to eating our dead.

Could it be that we mindwipe neophytes and have them eat the whole body, brains and all and heve them think they are that eaten warrior reincarnated?

Do they eat their brothers and something special happens?

what geneseed mutations do they have anyway?

(This grey is silver)

Extremely weird rituals but they're kept private.

They give a very pure vibe to external observers.

We didnt decide jack shit because there were like three of us posting ideas, so we might as well consider that decided.

A badge for the stellar marauders

I can roll with that if you can elaborate on 'Extremely weird rituals'

The roll we got for chapter flaws was the "extremely weird rituals and practices" one, from the 1d4chan charts

So what have so far is:
>the system is named "The Othos Cluser"
>The home world is the hive moon Zenon
>It has a giant DAoT orbital lift/spire called "the spire of stars"
>we eat our dead battle brothers to remember and honor them

Did I leave out anything else fluff related?

I think that is all things we have agreed upon so far atleast

Just let it die

Nobody is interested anymore

Can I get a better summary on them? About their colours, influences (cultural or otherwise), tactics, history stuff like that

I'm very interested, I'm collecting Veeky Forums homebrews that I've been involved with for something I'm writing (Exterminators, Sanguine Shields, Chimera Legion etc) and I'm always looking for more stuff. I'm just looking for more information

That's a bitching paint scheme

Colors are either or and emblem is Their primary influence is their progenitors the Ultramarines. They're a cursed founding chapter, and the idea is that they present as the purest of the pure, perfect Ultramarines successors, but actually have some hidden, extreme rituals, which include eating their dead (and those of other chapters they fight alongside) and maybe others.

They are quick and shooty, relying on lightning quick deployments of overwhelming firepower rather than pitched battles or close combat.

We haven't really come up a history beyond that of the homeworld, which is

So Salamanders on the Outside, Marines Malevolent on the inside? A chapter of extreme sociopathic super men? That's fantastic.

Any gene flaws?

No gene flaws

Then we need to double down on their psychosis. No Cursed Founding chapter gets away scott free

I agree, but it's hard to keep em curse without getting into Soul Drinkers, full-on HERESY territory

I say we just say fuck it and make it Patrick Bateman: The Chapter. The Soul Drinkers, shoot most Cursed Founding chapters, don't deserve the hate they get, that's just a result of Imperial Dogma and grimderp. I think these guys should be the type that REALLY deserve to get put on the Inquisitorial shit list but are too well liked and too crafty to get caught

We could do reverse Soul Drinkers / Lamenters

A fucked up chapter that gets praise by the imperium

Not chaos worshipping, just super creepy. Taking trophies, eating their dead and their allies' dead and their enemies' dead. Never allowing surrender. Massacring whole hives because of minor heresy, but doing it in extremely vicious ways "to set an example". All while remaining outwardly pure, and selling false stories to the rest of the Imperium.

Like pre-heresy Night Lords, but who manage to put on a good face for when the Inquisitors and other Astartes are around (and they're not killing them so they're not witnesses). And everyone buys their version of events which say their crimes were necessary because their geneseed is pure and they're Ultramarines successors and fully codex compliant and pay their tithes and everything.

They need SOMETHING to mark them as Cursed Founding. Even if it's something self induced to stave away suspicion

Their degeneracy shouldn't be anything too obvious, purging a hive for Nurgle worship because someone coughed could draw the attention of a trigger happy Inquisitor. If the Space Wolves are getting hot =][= dick then these fucks sure as fuck can

I think we should definitely go with a super gory vampire counts like theme within the chapter

As for Cursed Founding "mutations" the apothecaries could hook up false albinism throughout the chapter, and make it seem like it's a mutation. Minor, but enough to make them seem like cursed founding freaks.

Bump