/cyoa/ - "Choose Your Own Adventure" General

Last Thread: >pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

>argue
We are not arguing.

I should be pretty much done with this now.
(1/3)

A good bit more on this page. I clarified some text here & there. Also some more options.
(2/3)

user we're always arguing.

In case you still weren't comfortable with your odds of survival, here's someone to take care of you.
(3/3)

A number of us no longer care, unfortunately. Better luck next time.

No we don't.

You're turning this into a argument.

Wow, making a new thread solved everything!

No I'm not.

Well, the new options are largely supplementary, so in that sense, you're not missing out on anything... I'm sorry that it no longer holds your interest.

This isn't an argument, it's just contradiction!

Are there any slice of life cyoas out there where you go to school, hang out with buddies, and waifu your childhood friend?

>enemy

Is that a cassowary? Despite their looks they're vicious bastards.

There's no contradiction here.

Been taking a break from making cyoas out of a desire for a break, but now I feel the need to work on one. I have several ideas, but I'll only post them if someone asks for them.

That number doesn't include me.

You are excluded.

Yes there is! An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition. It isn't just saying "No there isn't".

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

What is the purer expression of energy; Fire or Electricity?

Stop trying to create an argument.

Fire is incandescent smoke. Electricity is electrons moving around. Neither is an expression of energy any more than a rock you throw.

Stop trying to prevent an argument from starting.

Okay, but which one is the better representation of energy?

Reductive fallacy. What do you mean when you say "expression of energy"?

Mana

This isn't an argument, it's contradiction! Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.

You realize that energy as defined by science is boring as hell, right?

No it isn't.

I would say Electricity, simply because it is purer than Fire.

Cute, we can get a friend now. Give me a few hours to get home and I'll make a build.

Bet you're the same whiner from last thread.

The other guy is using the term, I'm telling him it's meaningless.

Neither. Just pick what you think is cool or something.

It is!

What the fuck do you mean by purity?

They're both different expressions of energy. One is oxidation the other is electron flow.

Energy comes in many forms. The defining aspect of "Energy" is that there are many kinds that can be changed into each other. There is no base form for energy.

Your argument for its meaninglessness hinges on the term. If you don't have a valid interpretation of the term, it invalidates your whole argument.

no it doesn't

>Intense
>Effeminate

>Big Bigger 34
>Dotable 31
>Nimble 29
>Squishy 26
>Balanced Diet 24
>Reproductive 20
>Good Luck Charm 15

>Intense Anti-Curse 12

>Imp 0

>Go to the Demonic Barbecue

>Illene

I embrace my new life as a tiny succubus twink. Do boys get the stretchy part of reproductive too though?

Yes. I do. Sadly.

Holy shit, someone actually drew all these birds in their little uniforms

This is pointless, yet at the same time so adorable I can't even complain

Girls! Girls! You're both pretty!

Now shut the fuck up and stop shitting up the thread.

No, actually, it validates it, since that's what I'm saying. Durr, even the shitposter got it better than you by mistake. Learn to logic.

Fire involves changing states of matter, hundreds of chemical substances being created and/or destroyed, changing volumes, etc. It's complex and relatively dirty.

Electricity is the movement of electrons. That's it. Pure.

Can I cook with soul fire?

At least the shit you can do with it is still cool.

No, "fire" itself comes from all that, but in itself it's just glowing gas and particles.

I'll look forward to it.

Um... I mean, there's no mechanical reason why that would need to be disallowed... On that note, a suppose girls could have the male effect too, if they wanted, not that it would be useful for procreation.

You didn't show the term was meaningless, just used it without explaining your interpretation. Is it that unreasonable to ask?

Wouldn't kinetic and potential energy be even purer? Because you're not chemically changing or altering matter at all.

Worldly Body
I will create harem planets. Due to the skewed gender ratio (and natural acceptance of it), there will be somebody for everyone. There will be ones for any decent fetish. You guys are welcome to have one. I'll also make some more adventurous ones 'n' stuff if/when I get bored.

My point is that there is no meaningful interpretation, if I actually somehow did what you want I'd be contradicting myself.

I just want to stick large things up my bum is all. Thanks for the clarification.

There are plenty of glowing particles that are not fire; fire is more than that. Even at its simplest fire still fundamentally displays inherent attributes that electricity itself lacks.

Than do that and don't tell us about it.

That wasn't one of the options provided. Additionally, it could be argued that kinetic energy and potential energy aren't expressions of energy, they ARE energy.

You can't just say that it has no meaningful interpretation, to have to make an argument to that effect.

>Pick Worldy Body
>Make a god that worships me inside myself
>Bring the god out and make it give me all the powers I could ever wish for

GG no re.

Lightning, if it has to be one of the two. Otherwise I would say something more like your standard magic missile or laser beam.

>not a single raptor and the only Corvid is a magpie

I understand that birders are pedantic in the extreme and love to show off, but passerines are TRASH TIER AND BORING AS FUCK. PICK COOLER BIRDS, NOBODY IS IMPRESSED BY YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF FORGETTABLE TRASH PASSERINES

Just because fire is a specific type of incandescent smoke doesn't mean all forms of incandescent smoke need to be called fire.

Hence why they are purer.

You can also include vibrational and rotational energy in there as well.

Since the extra curse now adds +5 points I may as well add Vitamin C back on. A full fairy build is now also viable with the point bonus but I've been running Android all along so I'll stick with it.

So that's

>Shrinking Violet
>Effeminate (extra curse)
>Crystal Shell
>Escape
>Regen
>Mana Shield
>Bit Bigger
>Nimble
>Iron Grip
>Vitamin C
>Android

>Journey to the Fairy Kingdom
I said in my last build I wanted to be able to interact with fairies on a sort of equal footing. It'd be nice to know where to find them. There's also one other essential I've been completely ignoring until now: Clothing. I'm sure the I can get something way better than doll clothes or homemade junk here.

>Isaac
I'm really split on this one. On the one hand, he's basically a cyborg, I'm an android, and he's got all sorts of cool tech I could play with. On the other, he's kind of a creep. I'm sure Beri wouldn't have put him on here if he were actually bad.

Shoutout to Miya. She's kind of perfect being both my size and with the resources to take care of herself and me. I just can't stand alcohol or drunkenness. I like Ver but i don't see how it would work out. I kind of have a physiological need for computer stuff now.

I'm going to assume that all the caretakers are natural exceptions to the Shrinking Violet curse, being at least slightly magical except for Illene.

Went for stuff that would make me a good friend or partner. Forced me to skip most survival perks, so I'm sure to die fast.
>Effeminate
That lack of strength is pretty debilitating t b h.
Had to skip Dotable, but it's not like I need more than one person to be that way to me.
>Nimble (27)
I desperately need more speed. I don't need Iron Grip since I plan to chill in a pocket often.
Had to skip Flutter, sadly.
>Squishy (24)
I need to not die. Also gotta get dem T H I C C thighs! Seriously, this option better not make me fat, but genuinely curvy...
>Balanced diet (22)
Since I can't eat much food, I want to make sure I only eat tasty things.
>Reproductive (18)
Because it is necessary
>Good luck charm (13)
>Vitamin C (8)
Wooboy, that description though....
>Comforting (5)
Gotta be the best waifu.
>Anti-curse - Inconsequential (4)
To fit into society.
>Regen (0)
I guess. I wanted Tiny Tools, but the Anti-curse was more important.

I'm a little too dependant on my human than I wanted to be, but I had to pick the options that made me a better waifu...
Really wanted to get Android because eating sucks, and not sleeping is an amazing bonus, too.

>Build a Doll House
That is BRILLIANT!
God, that's gonna be funny, having my own house inside my human's house!
I mean I'll sleep in his bed but it's nice to have a tiny bathroom... Still, I want to bathe in a cup. That sounds more fun.
Peace Conference sounds fun, too, Introduce me to Technology, too.
>I had to talk to some scarier people.
>We became friends, though
She is A C U T E
Explore the Sugar Fluff Kingdom sounds amazing but I still want to build that house.

Sure I can. Look up in the thread, I said it several times.

Good, because I didn't say that.

Fire doesn't cover all types of glowing gas and particles; therefore, fire is not just glowing gas and particles as claimed in .

An expression of something is not simply the thing itself. So, anything that is pure but not an expression does not qualify for the original question at .

>Trump school of debate

>when the CYOA thread is filled up with idiots arguing about nothing

Rodney "Naturally, she's an exellent musician. He's a great singer."

What do you mean?

How often do authors put out new cyoas? What are some cyoas currently in progress?

I JUST WANT TO BE A SLUTTY GODDESS/ IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK

Isaac is just a perverted closet otaku. He'd get along really with with android or living toy forms. He wouldn't try to abuse you unprovoked. Ver isn't a total stranger to technology. Even fairies are familiar with electric lights. They just don't understand computer stuff. Besides, she mentioned wanting to learn more about that stuff. As a living computer, you'd be the perfect teacher. Gulliver's also a true human.

>this option better not make me fat
Yes, it's curvy. Ver can shape it however just so long as there is more.
>She is A C U T E
thanks! I tried.

Oh hey... I'll fix that. You know druids, always turning into animals... including those frogs that can change sex...

You sir, are smarter than I am.

>Cressela
Hard to argue with that. Gotta get the perfect mindset now that I have the boons to make me a near-perfect waifu.
I'll be honest: I really want to pick Sarah, too. She deserves that. I'm gonna talk to Cressela and see if I she will let me stay with Cressela.
I'll still go on "missions" with Cressela, but I'll be staying with Sarah during "down time".
We're gonna make ALL the potions and I'll make sure she doesn't accidentally sap all her willpower and pass out so some rude boy breaks in and makes potions in her workshop!

Oh God but I also need to pick Miya!
Why do you do this to me, Beri? You've managed to make a real, old-fashioned CYOA where all the options are so good and you can't decide which to get!
I think Cressela will be proud of me.
Mavelina is cool, but since I didn't pick Talented, I don't think we'd work out. If I had, dang, that would've been a good team-up! I could handle the tiny details for her.

Most authors are relatively inconsistant, but we get new CYOAs every couple of threads. Sometimes people do one offs and then never make any again. Sometimes old authors who made a bunch in a row fall off. Sometimes we get new authors that make stuff consistently. Ordion makes a new CYOA every month or so, for example. Highlander has made one CYOA but has updated it over the course of almost two years it seems.

>not sharing the extension you use to make it so
That's just showing off now, and rather cruel.

What a fairy build would look like and why I've avoided it until now

>Effeminate
>Shrinking Violet +5
>Fairy -14
>Crystal Shell -3
>Escape -4
Basic necessities all. Escape and Shell are both needed to prevent accidents while Shrinking Violet prevents intent.
>Vitamin C -5
Disease kills. There's no way around it if you live long enough it's going to get you, and I intend to live a long time.
>Tiny Tools -5
Obsolete for androids, absolutely ESSENTIAL for a fairy who wants to do anything outside fairy town. This puts me at 31 points, making my build non-viable prior to the +5 After this things aren't necessary
>Bit bigger -1
Fairy-sized-fairy.
>Nimble
So I don't get as tired mainly. Very useful if it affects fly speed
>Journey to the Fairy Kingdom
Not planning to stay or really hunt down those fairies, but I'd still like to visit, and I explained the clothing.
>Ver
I guess why not, I'm sure she has her ways. I'll probably just actually stay with humans I know though.

>first spoiler
It was already referencing two other CYOAs. I wasn't sure about a third.

>second spoiler
Thanks! That means a lot.

Nimble does affect fly speed. That's why I deliberately described fly speed relative to walking speed (which Nimble increases). I wouldn't say Tiny Tools is obsolete for androids. There's more to life than a computer. Hmm, I didn't think people felt that tight for points. Glad I added a way to get a few more.

Nah, but it would be great if you made one!

I explained it to someone else, but android+shrinking violet makes it pretty obsolete. I don't eat, I don't sleep, and I don't interact with more than 1 human. I suppose you could stretch tools to include clothing, but otherwise I really don't see ANYTHING that I actually need.

The best argument I've come up with is to be able to carry a cell phone, which I can use as an android regardless. I'm still not sure if I can talk on it though.

Well it isn't much of a "need" but I can think of plenty of reasons it wouldn't be useless. In particular, it would be vital if you wanted to pick up some sort of physical craft.

I put out new stuff whenever I feel like it, while others may have a more strict schedule.

As for what I'm currently working on now, I've had an idea for a magic cyoa.

You know that first question can only be answered by "depends on the author", right?
The Scientist releases one cyoa between semesters, smug-anime-girls makes one every year, Beri makes one on a crazy schedule, like at least one every month.

> Not having the Robin as British.

I don't know, the bit about fire or electricity being the better expression of energy was kind of interesting and CYOA related.

Not until the user who asked clarifies that it is for a CYOA of some sort. Although there would be no other reason to ask here, so that may be assumed.

So I guess I'm going with
Effeminate
Nimble, 2
Many Mini, 8
Talent, 3
Fireproof, 2
Fairy, 14
Bit Bigger, 1
Journey to the fairy Kingdom, Ver

I thought about taking double curse but what I would want most is to buy Effeminate without the strength drop, but it and Shrinking Violet are the only curses I care for that much so yea. But plan still involves getting the fairies that cursed me to remove the curse, for purely thematic reasons of not wanting to be under the effects of too many curses. Otherwise I would be focusing on learning magic from Ver, though the lewd care taker is appealing, I would also want to change my build to include Regen and Squishy if I was to go with them but I don't want to give up enough things to buy those. So basically I'm picking learning magic over lewd.

>tfw have this weird feeling of emptiness inside
>Please tell me someone else experiences this?
we always have it

>Please tell me someone else experiences this?
You get used to it after a while.

Highlander, could you post Traveller and the Traveller companion card?

>CURSE: Wild Magic
So it begins.

>BOONS: Adjusted (28), Notice Me (25), Giant Strength (21), Iron Grip (18), Giant's Appetite (15)
These should help.

>RACE: Living Toy (9)
It's fun.

>FURTHER BOONS: Loofah (5), Regen (1), Bit Bigger (0)

>CARETAKER: Well, honestly, let's try to get me back to my family. If that doesn't work, I suppose I can work with Mavelina.

Alright, haven't made a build since the first time you posted this.

Update time!

>Wild Magic
It'll make my life interesting, that's for sure.

>Giant strength (26)
>Nimble (24)
>Iron Grip (21)
>Squishy (18)
>Tiny Tools (13)
>Reproductive (9)
>Animal Friend (5)
>Comforting (2)
>Balanced Diet (0)

I still want to be Mini Spider-man, but I had to get rid of regen if I wanted Animal friend and comforting.

>Build a Doll House
This is nice. Will let me have some sort of a normal life when I feel like it. Introduce her to technology was tempting though.

I like Elle and Felae, but I'm going with Illene for obvious reasons.

I was thinking of taking another curse like inconsequential to be able to keep regen, but if I did that I feel like Illene is going to view me as nothing but a toy for her to use.