Be me, want to get into RPG and stuff

>Be me, want to get into RPG and stuff.
>Find a RPG and tabletop games community in my uni.
>All of them are socially inepts nerdfags who talk in memes.
>Are all rpg communities like this?

More or less to a certain degree. Try and find older people who play.

Yes.

Yes. Every group of nerds I've met has had cringe. You just gotta find the group with the cringe right for you.

Mine was, which is why I left the club fast. That and they sucked at RPing and didn't want to help the story. Dam, it was like pulling teeth with some of the other players.

On the other hand my old college was really decent. I had a hardcore group of players that got into the story and were actual humans beings and not meme-shitters.

Depends on the area I guess.

YOU look like a socially-inept weirdo. Stay away.

>Be me
As opposed to who?

>Collegefags

as opposed to a skinwalker.

You have to cultivate a group. Those groups are rarely good, and quickly become the cancerous local game group we all know and love.

In me experience, there are a lot of people who are interested in getting into PnP RPGs. The problem is those groups drive them away, and they don't know where to start/anyone to start with.

Welcome to University!

>goes on Veeky Forums to trash-talk fa/tg/uys
>calls other people socially inept memers

It is possible some of these folks have gone unchecked for years. The memeing you speak of doesn't even register within them since it's basically their common tongue.

I'd say use the club as a way to get your feet wet, these guys may be they way they are, but you'll be surprised at how well some may know the rules, and how they actually play your game of choice.

After this you may find yourself wanting to stick around, or just take the knowledge you learned and try to get one of your closer friend into the game. Maybe even purchase a rules light game or card game to ease your friend into it.

Main thing is to keep an open mind and heart, these people are supposedly trying to have fun and you should too.

Damn that's pretty ballsy posting a picture of yourself on Veeky Forums.

All I've met over the years were other stoners and a ton of troopers. I've encountered the anxiety and 'tism boogey man exactly once over 15 years of playing, and that was only for one afternoon. Maybe twice. Maybe. But that was an online game so it doesn't count.
The biggest and most prevealent negative trait amongst roleplayers seems to be sloth. It's also the reason why a lot of games are similar and basic.
The strangest person I've met in games was strange for being a business analyst for a major investment bank.
If it's your first time trying to find a game, consider that you might be just seeing what you want to see.

is right. It's really important to established up front that you're not a skinwalker.

You shouldn't have greentexted the last line.

Saying you're not a skinwalker is what a skinwalker would say.

That is silly, friend. Haha. If you do not believe me why not come by my residence and inspect me for yourself? But come on your own. I do not like too many strangers at once. Haha.

If you give to me your residence address place, I will confirm you are not a skinwalker despite your strange insistence you are not one. I make note that I have not stated I am not a skinwalker, as I have no need to prove anything and am certainly not taking extra harvested skins as my own.

Haha.

Every time I do something Veeky Forums related I cringe about how little the people care about maintaining themselves.

They don't groom, they're overweight, and they don't dress with any sense of dignity. In addition to this they have the issues you're talking about.

I understand that being comfortable is fun, but it really turns off a lot of people who consider doing Veeky Forums related things when they walk into a shop, convention, or group and see a bunch of people like that. It's really unfortunate, because I'd like to see the player base widen some.

Unfortunately most people are like this.

Do not be silly, fellow human friends, skinwalkers are not real. Haha

Come now, let us have a friendly wander into the forest just us, haha. Where are you sleeping? hâhä

Is that you OP?

Ok, if i had the willpower to groom and exercise daily, why would i play pretend with neckbeard guys instead of playing pretend with kinky girl in my bedroom?

You can do both. Well, maybe you can't, but point stands.

Every nerd group which is open for anyone to join is full of socially inept losers.

There are good groups, but they don't advertise for new members. They pick and choose who they want to invite and don't let the retards know that they exist.

They tend to be, so it's usually much easier to get your friends to play RPGs with you. It might require you to read up on the rulebooks and offer to run the game for them first, but generally speaking it's worth the investment.

I have the willpower to groom daily and exercise five times a week and I play pretend because I think using my imagination is fun.

Just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you don't indulge other hobbies. If you don't have an interest in Veeky Forums related activities, then obviously you shouldn't force yourself to play them. I'm not really sure if you're trying to make a point or if you're just dense. I assume people on a board about traditional games like traditional games.

I have never had a problem like this and i have played in a weekly game for the past 10 years. As a warning though, every other person i have played with has had groups like this. Hell, my wife has a story about a bunch of nerds that freaked out when a girl showed up to a game then made awkward passes at her few weeks. She left after her character was captured and raped. The dm thought it would be hot foreplay.

Short answer: Yes.
If you want to pretend you're someone else and play a different life, you have to be socially inept. It's simply that. No one with an amazing life who has a waifu and makes 1Million+ a year posts on Veeky Forums. They're too busy enjoying their wife, their money, and their life.

That said, there are exceptions to the rule. Not everyone talks in memes, or are nerdy. I have a good buddy of mine who I've been roleplaying with for four years, and he's actually pretty cool. His big problem is social anxiety around women (hence no females in the group) otherwise, he is good.

Probably best advice in the thread. The older ones typically have more experience anyway, and are a bit more relaxed than the younger players.

Mine isn't.
All of the guys regularly dress in 2-3 piece suits, or at least good slacks, vests, loafers on a lazy day.
Pic related, myself, running my game at the hookah lounge.

Prob reverse image search gives me nothing could be op or an original picture

Based black bro. Can I play with you folks where you at?

I formed my college/uni group by pouching people off of the main group. You grab the people you like from there and start a group with them. That or ask if any of your other friends might be interested in playing.

>>Be me
No shit, really? You were you? You weren't some other person? You were, in fact, yourself the whole time?

I'm not one to cry normies, but in this case, it really is a fucking normies kind of thing.

Holy fucking shit, how boring are you? Having sex is not a big accomplishment. I'm a huge dorky nerd and even I have sex on a regular basis.

Is this Pretending to be Retarded Day?

Settle down user, that's an ancient Veeky Forums meme

Pretty much. I paid a visit to the local Veeky Forums club - so far it's been nothing but literal neckbeards, most of them too autistic to even greet a new face.

You seem to be one of those to which pussy remains the Holy Grail, a mystical force you can devote yourself entirely and want for nothing else (a.k.a. you're a bleeding virgin).

Yeah, it doesn't work like that. You can have a relationship, have sex normally, and still have time to hang out with your friends and pursue whatever hobby you desire.