theonyxpath.com/now-available-mage-tradition-and-convention-art-shirts/
>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/pre-election-day-coverage-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Have you ever used the Cyberpunk supplement?

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/68189364/Vampire-the-Masquerade-Cyberpunk-2020-World-of-Future-Darkness
youtube.com/watch?v=5cR-WiGKZtg
youtube.com/watch?v=L1tAXVj8NHA
youtube.com/watch?v=8fhpXrrLBsI
whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Now_in_Print
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Cyberpunk supplement?
The what

scribd.com/document/68189364/Vampire-the-Masquerade-Cyberpunk-2020-World-of-Future-Darkness

The file is too big, so if you want to download it, then choose 'Upload an Essay' then copy the last thread, its what i did.

Semi-official crossover with Cyberpunk 2020, it was published in the White Wolf magazine roughly 20 years ago.

I want to run a game where the players are average joes that live in the same dilapidated tenement building, and they just found out it's condemned and they're going to be evicted in 3 months, and a mega-mall is going to be built on this spot and the rest of the block. Then, weird, spooky things start to happen and they start developing rudimentary magic powers and have to figure out what's going on and how to save their homes. Also, the greedy landlord selling his land to mega-mall corporation (tm) is probably involved in some greater conspiracy.

Generally want low magic, high mystery and mysticism, not so much on the vamps/werewolves/those other fantasy critters. What edition and book should I run? Would this be better done in oWoD or nWoD?

use nwod asnit has easier mortal,rules. books like second sight and the hunter book witchfinders are what you want to make the magic

I always say "use CofD", but there's literally a nWoD 1e SAS module about being a bunch of people living in the same building that then goes tits up with occultism zombies or something like that.
Wish I knew the name of it.

There's also Mirrors: Bleeding Edge and the one in the Demon STG.

>mages

Just saw Doctor Strange today, and I feel like it's honestly the closest Movies have gotten to sorta portray Mage type nagic, it wasn't just flashy lights (although there was a lot of that too( but the nagic actually looked and kinda felt like magic.

>Brainstorming Plot

You hear through the grape vine about a virus the that crashes your memory back to factory settings. Nothing unusual there, but then you hear of another story of a bug going around town that causes a temporary form of Alzheimers.

How are these two connected and what is the plot?

Filename time?

Filename time.

That's not a WoD filename.
That's not even a Veeky Forums filename.
That's not even how filenames work, that's the filename version of one of those shitty demotivators where people just caption an image with the words that are already in the image.

Yeah. I mean, it's a LOT lower powered than anything in Awakening, but it hits all the same themes.

So... in WtF2, is there any limit to how many times you may change shape per turn?

Is talk of Scion or Trinity allowed?

Yes. In their own threads. Now git.

That's literally the opposite of Null Mysteriis. You're bad at this.

Just from the trailers it looks ridiculously high powered compared to a starting Awakening character.

>Just from the trailers it looks ridiculously high powered compared to a starting Awakening character.

Yeah. It looks like it. But it's not really that impressive.
Actual spoilers for how it works, so be careful if you haven't seen the film yet.
They are in a non-physical realm, and the ones who do all the reality folding have special attunements to that realm, making it easier for them to do that kind of stuff. Think of it as using Patterning to warp an Astral realm, because that's pretty much what they are doing.

Ah. That seems like Mage, then.

Yeah. A good similarity would be
having a pact with a powerful being that allows you to play with advanced factors for free when mucking about in various Astral Realms.
Thematically it is really damn close though, and I really like the film.

Oh, and all the high power stuff they do in reality is basically accomplished via a super high level artifact.

Null Mysteris only get "scientific" results out of their research because they use un-scientific bullshit to justify them

No. They use the scientific method to try to understand things that conventional science doesn't explain.

If anything, this is Ordo Dracul.

Ravnos besc clan

Also, I have something to say "Platonic Form looks like that" to people without referencing Green Lantern.

(The sorcerers in Strange fight with weapons they make out of pure energy, the way that Prime spell works in Awakening 2e)

But Green Lantern is great, why wouldn't you want an excuse to reference it?

>Ravnos poster is illiterate
Who would've guessed?

Are there any in-book examples of Null Mysteris at work?

I have a present for you guys! A story about a cult! And it has a spooky mummy in it!

For you see, Titan Comics has begun a series of comics based on the classic Hammer horror film franchises. And for some reason they went with the Mummy rather than Dracula like most sane people would. And because spooky mummies are the stars of a gameline in both WoD and CofD, I share this with you.

>Cont.
I always saw their work like this: A member collects a piece blown off some horrifying abomination. They look at it under the microscope. The see a massive collection of cellular and chromosomal abnormalities. They sequence the DNA. They discover it's human. The cross-reference their findings with discoveries of others. They learn this type of horrifying abomination can imitate objects and is made out of people. They investigate body theft and look warily at lawn chairs.

The Hammer films were really pretty violent bodice rippers, so at least this comic seems to understand that much. There's a short essay in the back by a film historian about their iteration of the Mummy which was kind of cool

There's five variant covers, also. My favorite one is the one after this which is why I'm actually bothering to post them all.

Starting as all good mummy tales do, in Duat with an angry god mocking your dreams. Mummy the Curse approved

>Hammer has a comics imprint now

Hammer House of Horror series when?

We don't ever get the story on this mummy here this issue. I think he's our original monster from the Hammer films, so I'm sure we'll see him again. RIP Christopher Lee

>Modern tribal cult.jpg

These guys give me an LDI vibe, really.

>Lol, just drug her
Why do anything else before that then?

I agree, especially after Jackal Paw Blues.

Organs are for losers

>Bodice ripper
>Mummies
Oh boy, those dessicated organless corpses ravaging virginal Victorian women sure gets my juices flowing. That's a thought I want to masturbate to.

I mean, sarcasm aside if you had a vampire it would be something I want to masturbate to, but mummies=gross, vampires=sexy.

Just FYI, I've gotten banned for storytiming off /co/ before. Tried to share some Hack/Slash.

This page is probably the weirdest one for me this issue. What the shit is with the weird bandage thing besides forcibly getting this girl into mummy cosplay?

Only until your sekhem drops to 8 and your sahu reforms.

I feel like this is directly relevant to this thread's interests and is one issue. I'm not about to try and do like 200 pages or more or something. But hey, if I do get banned before this is done sorry guys.

youtube.com/watch?v=5cR-WiGKZtg

>Mummies
>That's a thought I want to masturbate to.
[Takatsu] Sore wa Rekishi ni Kakanaide!

What does that mean in not weeaboo?

>Call me!

I like this guy a lot. Also apparently the weird sex slavery angle came because the author thought the first story up while he was at a museum and basically saw a bunch of bored school kids barely even caring to gawk at the spread eagled corpse of an egyptian woman, a depressing end that she probably never expected when she was nearing her own end and setting money aside to get mummified and all.

Its a shotacon manga starring mummies

Don't Write That in History!

Tell me more.

I don't even know what the fuck is going on here at this point

Just google it you dolt!

And that's it. I may or may not drop in with future first issues of their Hammer imprint, since it seems thread relevant and give people who'd not normally even know about the win-o-thread to check it a chance to see if they maybe should, but won't do monthly issues here because that's what /co/ is for and I don't really want to get banned.

You know, unless the next issue is fucking amazing or something.

You fuck up the corrupted version of the Rite, Ammut comes to turn you into a Shuhanksen, clearly. Even in the London evening light, apparently.

In all serious, though, thanks for this. It really does have some Curse comparisons, which is really neat. It's also nice to see Peter Milligan finally land on his feet after Gay for Justice.

Probably eventually. I think the Mummy is testing if it will sell, then we'll get Dracula, then we'll see.

Maybe I'm just retarded and can't read, but can demon-bloods purchase embeds, or can they only gain more of them through the cipher?

Purchasing Embeds are how they get the Cipher.

youtube.com/watch?v=L1tAXVj8NHA

I thought demon-bloods moved along the cipher by gaining the notice of the God-Machine

So anons. The LARP is ramping up. We now have a year left. The Tremere are reduced to a mere fraction of their former selves after Saulot-in-Tremere's body fucked up their 'become human and become mages' ritual. The Salubri are being blamed, in conjunction with Baali-allied Brujah serving an elder claiming to be the mythical Troile. The Withering will start soon. The Sabbat are about to have their final internal schism. And Gehenna looms onward...

I am trying to determine how I want the Withering to work mechanically in the LARP. I'm thinking that, once it hits, for the first little while the players must test at start of game. If they fail, the first time they activate a Discipline that night, it fails to activate -- but all expenditures and such happens, and have it snowball from there to lessened Generation and blood pools, tests any time they use a Discipline. I think it'll put the appropriate fear into the characters.

>(The sorcerers in Strange fight with weapons they make out of pure energy, the way that Prime spell works in Awakening 2e)

It's too bad the platonic form spell in Mage requires a character to expend a point of mana to create the weapon plus an additional point of mana for each use thereby rendering the spell prohibitively expensive to really use.

BTW, can a mage still use Prime as in 1e to convert matter to mana?

If everybody withers at the same rate, all at the same time, with them being unable to stop it... it's boring, not terrifying. Hopeless situations make for awful roleplaying.

Always give players a ray of faint hope to grasp onto; I don't mean just "maybe you'll become humans again, lol", I mean give their characters a chance to retain what they've earned this far, regardless of whether it's a whole lot of kickass disciplines, their humanity, their loved ones, or whatever.

So, introduce the Withering slowly, and randomly, at first. Don't just go "okay, everybody now have to do checks for dsiciplines every time" right off the bat. Give the players (or rather, characters) time to think about what's happening, and don't make it too obvious, make it seem as if it might be explained away by something else.

Then, ramp it slowly up. And when the withering begins to affect more than just one random crazy vamp who's screaming about her powers growing weaker, let 'em stew for a bit. Make it seem as if they're all slowly circling the drain, the end rapidly approaching, whatever way it might be.

Then, introduce a ray of hope, and it needs to be genuine (even if the characters might dismiss it). Faint, almost lost, but there for the taking, if they've got the luck and the skills to get to it. Horror is so much more terrifying when you know you've got something to lose by doing nothing; if you just go "WITHER AWAY AND DIE REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU DO, AHAHAH!" it'll make for a boring game, and will just lead to having a bunch of vamps sit around and go "welp, time to just goof off for fun, after all, we're all screwed anyway :D".

So yeah, take it slow, slowly ramp it up, give a ray of hope, and introduce stuff to ensure the withering will feel personal to as many as possible (disciplines of strong vamps growing weaker, humane vampires getting greater urges to do evil deeds, etc.).

Or at least, that's what I'd do. *Shrugs*

Yeah, that's mostly our plan right now.

We plan to stagger it, and start out light; there's an order of operations that it'll happen to, primarily based on Generation (lower gens first, higher gens later), with a single test at the start of the night for their first Discipline use, and months later, if they can't find a way to taper it off (which they can, that's built into our plot to allow them to affect the final outcome, they've already done some things like stopped the Sixth Great Maelstrom from happening), then enhance the Withering down the road. I was more just theorycrafting the mechanics of how the Withering might work since it's not something that ever had a LARP mechanic (or indeed, anything outside of story mechanics of lowered bloodpools and easier failures). But I appreciate your input, and it's good to hear that from someone else too. :)

Go oWoD and use the Sorcerer's Revised book for ideas (you'll still need a copy of Mage Revised corebook on hand)

>Mammon Mystery Cult

So can fomori become demon thralls or are they too close to being the same thing?

Well Banes are part spirit, so if a spirit can be bound to a Demon's service I'd use those rules. Otherwise, they don't have a soul to sell.

Jesus Christ, what a fucking shit storm.

The entire White Wolf team ready to answer questions, and who gets the floor? An outraged Feminist Studies Major who seems upset at things a completely different group of people did in the 90's, the direction the game has taken in the Mind's Eye Theatre community and, if I understand correctly, the hideous oversight White Wolf have committed by not explicitly banning certain topics as off-limits for their games.

I was hoping for something like "when will you increase the team converting the back catalogue to POD?" but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

youtube.com/watch?v=8fhpXrrLBsI

This video is fucking one hour long, so unless you want to give me a time code, I don't really give a shit about you whining about a feminist asking questions about whether this game is going to be as pants on head incompetent as the last time.
Especially when one minute in and I'm feeling the pretension as the guy talks about how they're going to "talk about some pretty dark subjects" as if they're likely to be handled with any sort of sensitivity from the people who wrote "you have raped our mother".

Besides, they don't give a shit about their back catalogue being on POD since the company's all run by LARP celebrities.

You don't give a shit, but felt the need to post anyway? You must really enjoy reading your own posts. 0/10

I'm sorry, did I not react with the outrage you had hoped for? Too bad, you made a statement and other people can comment on that.
If you want me to care, show me why I should care.

Also, like the other user says, why would they care about PoD? That's Onyx Path's domain anyway.

I mean, it's just LARP drama.

>I'm sorry, did I not react with the outrage you had hoped for?

On the contrary, there was much outrage on your behalf. You apparently felt so entitled to a timecode that you're incapable of skipping through a video without it. You then explicitly said you didn't care, but now you've gone three posts in a row ranting about it. Fucking golf clap.

Now in answer to the only question phrased without the smell of burning ass hair, they should care about PoD because their business model involves them obsessively micro-managing every aspect of their IP. They have more clout with OPP than you give them credit for. If they're trying to milk this cash cow for all it's worth, good business sense is to reprint as many old books as possible. How is that hard to figure out?

Oh, and FYI, the screaming starts from 15 minutes in and it's still going now, at 40:41.

You will notice I'm not frothing about "SJW's" and posting pepe memes. I'm just calling out academic wankery in a forum designed to ask about fucking games.

Just a post a time code next time, goddamn.

They're still not going to focus on PoD. They're a licensing company with an emphasis on LARP. They'll either pass it down the line to Drive Thru to take care of or do it at a molasses pace.

Drive thru don't -

Fuck it. Read this.

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Now_in_Print

Right, they'll just let OBS do more of the work while they focus on the oWoD and LARP, or they let Now In Print fall on the wayside. At most, White Wolf will host more Vampire bundles and call it a day.

>Shotacon
the main character is like a 20 year old neet. but there is loli and milfs.

You're not frothing about SJWs, no, but you did whine about "an outraged Feminist Studies Major" with a tone and context that make it clear how you stand on that issue.

I can't actually hear what she's saying very well, but it sounds like she's talking about how oWoD was pretty racist. Scrubbing back, she seems to have been asking things as early as 9:30, so I assume she was actually the first questioner, and they seem to have spent a lot of time justifying themselves.
>Guy says to look at Werewolf and how there was a lot of progressivism there
ಠ_ಠ
Fuck I know I had little hope for this new shit, but seriously? That's where you're going to point to assure people that you're going to be inclusive?

>You then explicitly said you didn't care, but now you've gone three posts in a row ranting about it. Fucking golf clap.
Actually you seem to have done more ranting than I have. And I don't care if you can't provide me with information to see what you're complaining about.
You care about PoD. I don't. I actually care about the question the woman asked, and while I don't want to listen to the rest of this, I'm not exactly excited for the answers.