Kingdom Death general

So I got my Halloween order in the other day, and was rather impressed with the offerings that I received in addition to the Costume characters I wanted for various projects. So much so that I actually want to start collecting and possibly playing this game with some of my friends.
So I suppose my first question is:
"Where do I start?" I know KD Monster has been sold out for a while but is there other ways to play without that set?
Follow up Question is "What are the armor sets for?" are they just extra bits to make characters look different or is there a purpose to having them?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.de/47ff5fw
shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/sold-out/products/starting-survivors
shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/sold-out/products/role-survivors
shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/sold-out/products/chef-male
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also here is a comparison picture of the fake flower witch and the real one that I got the other day. Guess which one I prefer....

that's one hell of a size difference
I wonder how much of a difference there is between the plastic and the legit resin model
but not enough to assemble mine and find out

yeah you also lose quite a bit of detail on the smaller one.

Xth for Best girl.

Before we get swamped with unnecessary comments;

>Next Kickstarter is on Black Friday (25 Nov)
>The Kickstarter focuses on reprinting KDM base, but other stuff should be available.
>Lantern Festival is "Cancelled"
>Thief is still best girl.

me and my group are looking for some clarification: when does Principle: Conviction come up? I dont mind spoilers I just want to know if me and my players have missed it or not for some reason

Year 12 or whatever.

It's on the timeline.

>Not Percival
Pled taste mate.

Also without Lantern Festival I don't care much for the new KS. Unless there's new expansions or something.

>I want the shirt
>25$$

If you want to try the system, there is the TTS mod.
The second kickstarter is on black friday, that's going to be the reprint and probably a pile of new expansions.

The armor set models are for making custom survivors, so yes.
They are neat and you can immortalize any survivors you're particularly fond of.

So hang on, did he actually say he's going to reprint kingdom death monster?

Yes.

That's the second kickstarter.

Wait. Where the hell are you finding recasts of KD minis? Did Irene branch out from Battlefleet Gothic?

strawpoll.de/47ff5fw

Sure m8y :^)

the smaller is his resin knock-off.
Adam has been scaling up his plastic versions where appropriate (all the monster models got a bit bigger making the transition), this is mainly to preserve detail.
The plastic molds are made with some of the best technology available in that field, but they still sacrifice a tiny bit of detail compared to resin, and scaling the models up slightly makes it easier to keep the detail.

For Kingdom Death: Monster most of the monsters all grew between 2 and 5% in volume to help preserve the depth of the smaller details.
The humanoid models didn't scale up as far as I know.

Some of the plastic pin-ups demonstrate just how good the plastic is on these though, there are models that still have their individual toe-nails modelled on, just slightly shallower detail than on their resin counter-parts.

On November 25th (Black Friday) Adam will be launching another Kickstarter to fund a reprint of Kingdom Death: Monster.
This is probably your best bet to get the actual game at a half-decent price as resellers are asking a bloody fortune for this already expensive game as it's currently out of print.

Armour Kits are basically survivor models wearing various sets of armour you can craft in the game, so you can use them to make accurate representations of your characters if you wish.
They provide armour and weapons that fit all the survivor models (except the starting survivor set, which is fixed), so you can mix and match as much as you like.

People were thinking about magnetising them heavily and constantly update their survivors through the game, but given how fine the models are, that's very difficult.
Many seem to have settled on using armour kits to create survivors that died or performed great deeds in the game, as a sort of hall of honour.

What's the deal with the game itself not being sold more?

Is it some kind of $200 premium bullshit where he's using Kickstarter cuz he can't build it to order and doesn't think it'll sell enough to just crank out a fuckton of them?

The game has a retail price of $400, and that's not with a lot of profit per unit.
The materials for the game are horrifically expensive to produce (the cards, boards and manual), the plastic miniatures are relatively cheap until you add in the cost of the molds.
The game contains about a dozen plastic sprues, each mold for those is upwards of $30,000 - $50,000 depending on complexity.

Adam does not have the cash on hand to simply order a reprint, since ordering the plastics for less than several thousand or so boxes is cost-prohibitive, add the cost of the printed materials and you'll be looking at a very serious pile of cash needed to even consider a reprint.

eBay, they are mostly coming out of china and Russia as I said in the last thread of you don't mind the loss of some detail and cleaning a lot of flash you can get several of the LE models for around 10-25 bucks, but be aware that you may encounter stuff like my flower witch which has no doubt been scaled down.

>armor set
Ah alright cool, not sure I'll pick up the set unless I have a windfall all of the sudden but it's nice to know.

Laaaaame.

I got really into the game and was hopin to pick it up one day. Bummer about the cost. Might check out the next kickstarter. Hopefully he can set up a regular thing or maybe find a way to do a cheaper version or something.

He was looking at a version that is lacking the miniatures, which should scale down the cost a bit.
But that wouldn't change the cost of the cards, boards and manual.

The plastic doesn't add much weight and the game box weighs 17 pounds, let that sink in for a moment.
It is massive. Like 2' x 1' x 8" massive.

I assume that the King and Scribe minis are being utilized for something else then?

That is the plan, though we do not know what exactly. The molds are made, the plastic was produced as far as I know, so they'll find a use eventually.

Is there any good KDM artwork featuring males? I want to make paper figurines for the TS mod but all the art is hot grills.

Any other series with vaguely thematically fitting art?

Adam appears to have changed up the website, which nuked a lot of the gallery off the site.
Adam has mentioned wanting to do male pin-ups, and some of the Witch apprentices are male, so their art should be out there.
And several of the male limited run models should have good art.

Hey, thank you for that. I just want the minis (painting the non-sexualized Infinity minis gets boring) since my meta plays nothing but Infinity, 40K and Warmachine, and it never even occurred to me to look at eBay when AliExpress existed. I'm going to be spending a lot of money when I get home tonight.

I'm pretty sure the little guy has some disturbing lore, like being failed hunter transformed by a curse or some such.

I hope the v1.4 will contain couple more pieces to make the come full circle for
>over 20 lbs of plastic and cardboard

Took another pic of the iron weapons half-sprue.
Interestingly, it's connected to the silk half-sprue.

Masks and lantern gear also come together, which we knew, but also gorm and sunstalker.

Phoenix, fur, and lion came on their own.
I'm assuming the Great Game Hunters and iron armor are on those molds.

Was just going to ask for a pic of the other half since you can see in your original pic there's a shadow... Thanks based user!

But MAAAAAN, I was hoping for more sweet festival stuff =(

Speaking of 1.4, what other changes and updates do you guys think we can expect?
Maybe even some for the exsisting expansions?

Finally getting my Halloween bag, don't understand why people didn't like it, its a fantastic deal.

If the two GGH are half-sprues - it would make more sense to have them on the same sprue, or put them with the iron weapons.

Why make iron x spider and lion x GGH when iron x GGH makes more sense packaging-wise?

Two kinds:
"Why stick these duplicates of the witch and co that I don't want with muh new content?!"
"Why stick these useless survivors with muh witch and co?!"

Mainly, crybabies

Cutting time assignments for the molds?

Since no one else has come forward confirming they got the iron weapon sprue, I'm starting to think I just got lucky.
Hopefully, someone else got lucky and got the other half of one of the other sprues.

Poots said in one of the interviews that some of the hunt events are changing.

It's pretty amazing. The survivors are a little hard to justify on their own and I would have skipped them, but the witch and her disciples alone are worth the cost.

Because of the size of the sprues, maybe?
Silk was a half-sprue, but fur and lion are more like 1/3 sprue, and phoenix is a little over half.
Individual character models are usually about 1/4 to 1/3 sprue, so two of those would fit perfectly with the phoenix partial sprue.
Anyway, that's just my guess. Either that or

1. Go to the kickstarter page > latest update (#100) > download the art book > All the armor kits have clean pictures on white background
2. Try to find the art for the starting survivors:
shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/sold-out/products/starting-survivors
3. Or the role survivors, though they're a bit sillier: shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/sold-out/products/role-survivors

No, he's just a servant of a GGH that comes with him to the field.
shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/sold-out/products/chef-male

I think user meant the small creature the chef is holding, not the chef itself.

I can understand that about the phoenix, yeah.

The other two still confuse me, as they're exactly half - it's even kind of weird to me they aren't together - they both go in the core box...

Oh lol.

Him's so cute!

Wow had no idea about the artbook, thanks. TTS does have models for the starting survivors thankfully.

God, I love this game so much! I just had a Butcher Crest tee come in the mail, and here's how I spent my morning today. I decided to hold off from backing Deep Madness for the KDM 2.0 coming up soon.

I'm really not sure why that posted upside-down.

Phone pictures don't mark which side of the image is up. Open it in Windows first so you can set the orientation, then it'll display correctly.

How much do you guys think that the core set will cost during the Kickstarter? I am trying to decide whether to just back The Edge or wait for the Kingdom Death rerun Kickstarter.

It wont be at original costs. I dont understand how people can think it will ever be that low again, The game has basically tripled in size since his original concept was posted.

He has mentioned a cheaper PVC concept that he wants to do at some point,

The lowest Adam went for the Pre-orders was $275. I imagine the Black Friday Early Bird pledges (if he does any) will be close to that amount.

Keep in mind that the retail value of the box is $400, it will not be cheap, no matter how you look at it.

And the best bit is I already own 2 Survivor sets and all the current expansions. This time I'm only in for the update. And shirt. And exclusives and any new expansions.. And whatever else is new I guess....

Hi I'm user and i have a KD addiction....

So the new run is going to have a lot more stuff in its box than the very first version? Is that going to just be more cards or will that be miniatures as well?

No. The box is a direct repeat with some updated cards and rulebook. He's also putting out an update pack. Other then that we have random comments about upcoming expansions, and a short list of 'he might do this' but the core box will be a repeat. Not sure if it will repeat the survivor components or not but if you already own it you will not need to repurchase the core.

Same boat here user.

No the tripling user mentions is for the game that's actually out compared to the concept Adam launched his original KS with.

The new run will be using the latest version of the rules (version 1.4 rather than 1.31), but no new content compared to the current retail box, other than the changes resulting from the update.
But you can be certain that Adam will have a huge pile of stretch goals on hand to show off as the pledge total goes up.

What do you guys think? Surely there is some people here that play with TTS and might want more model alternatives.

KDholics Anonymous, too, here

Pretty nice, though I'm not a huge fan of the Fighter, personally.
Which characters are you making?

Nothing specific, was mostly trying out the idea to see if I stuck with it. Looks nice but it annoys me how they roll around if you try to place them on their side.

I mentioned earlier I picked the Halloween bag, the models look fantastic, however I'm wondering how much detail is lost because they're plastic instead of resin?

One person on reddit and another on BGG got the sprue too. Haven't seen anyone who ordered the kit say they didn't get the iron weapons, so I guess everyone got it?

From the few pin-ups I have in both resin and plastic, very little.
The detail is a little shallower on the plastic, but it's still there.
The plastic White Speaker still has her individual toenails modelled, just not as sharply as the resin version does.

They used some very high-end plastic mold technology for these, they're almost equal to their resin counterparts.
To counter-balance the slight loss of detail in the larger monster models Adam generally scaled them up slightly to allow for deeper details in the mold.

So a friend and I are right before our first Watcher Fight.
Are there any tips that would help us out so it won´t end in a complete disaster after all the time we spent getting so far?

If you have some good survivors he's literally the easiest fight in the game.

How long it take to order from US to Australia? it one week since my ordered has been fulfilled and it still nowhere to be found

What is considered "good" survivors?
I don´t think we have that many good survivors.
We do have a Twilight "Knight" with 6 WP on it, though, I hope this will help a lot?

Cheers user! These models are so good, I can't wait to get some more! The only disappointing aspect is the very small range atm. Does he ever restock his older models?

>Good survivors
>Upgraded Savior
>Twilight Knight
>Green Knight
>SunGorm Archer
>The Doctor

Whats the cost estimate looking like to get the base game?

Ignore me, i should have read the thread

>>Green Knight
pretty sure that's impossible
has anyone ever completed a full green knight set?

Stories have emerged. Though they did require a late mist requiring a high level party forced to find a new settlement. but that is the only one I have heard of. Much the same story about Lantern armour

Are the pin ups usable in the base game at all? Just curious. I want to eventually pick up the Necromancer, even if I have to deal with Chinamen to do it. I imagine that there won't be a second run any time soon.

The pinups have no rules besides some scattered promo gear cards.
That said, they are a mini, and nothing is stopping you from using any mini you want for your player marker.

3-4 weeks probably, I know it usually takes at least that from the US to Europe with USPS.

yes, he usually releases one or several "encore" models with every release, these are models that saw a numbered limited release previously.
The Encore releases don't come with the big art card or a numbered certificate, but they're exactly the same as the Limited First Run version otherwise.
And Adam has been doing more plastic models on the side, these are effectively unlimited releases (the plastic is cheap to make, all the cost is in the mold which lasts almost forever), but are only put up as small batches of a few hundred copies usually.

>Much the same story about Lantern armour
Don´t you just need Iron for that?
Or am I missing something?

So I never really looked into this game and some of the miniatures are actually awesome. It looks like pretty much everything is sold out though. Do they make new runs sometime?

New Kickstarter for the Base Game Reprint is coming at Black Friday.

So it took us fourteen lantern years to get song of the brave and we STILL don't have hovel or home. Fucking gorm.

Does the Twilight Sword Specialization work different than all the others?
Because I don´t see the point of having a Rank 2 benefit before you even normally would get the card.

Yes.

It's widely agreed that Gorm Climate is a trash settlement event and you should disregard it.

It works very differently. The sword gets stronger or more accurate(I forget which) based on your proficency level.

Twilight Knights, if you decide to use them, are similar to saviors in that they have a time-limit on them, but a longer one. On the flip side, the bonuses TKs have aren't as good and you can easily lose them in Hooded Knight event.

TFW poots removed the halloween twilight knight manually instead of just letting it sell-out naturally.

I was going to buy it and a few other things over the weekend but now I'm having trouble justifying it due to the now shipping costs.

I know how they basically work, I was just unsure if you get the Rank 2 Benefit if you are Rank 2, or if you first need to get the Specialization (so Rank 3) to get it.
I did not find anything in the Rule Book which would suggest that the Twilight Sword Proficency works any different than all the others.

Guess you gotta wait till next year.
I am sure it will be there again.

>tfw Poots left it up almost two weeks after Halloween so all the Peruvians could buy it
They don't deserve her and neither do you.

The who?

YA im hoping the print will be there a week after cuz im tired of trying to negotiate prices with people, all i want is copy, the TTS mod is good but its not like a physical copy you can play with buddies physically in the same room

The Kickstarter goes live on Black Friday (November 25th this year), it'll probably run a month.
All the molds exist for the game exist, so that's a big time saver, so you mainly have to wait for actual manufacturing of the plastic sprues and the printed materials.
It then all needs to be packed up and shipped to distribution centres.

With a little luck, the turn-around time might actually be less than 6 months for the game itself (though I wouldn't be surprised by a 9 month time-frame).

Any and all stretch goals will need development time, mold cutting time and manufacturing time.
If we get through a lot of them, I expect those to perhaps be ready for shipping within a year, maybe 18 months, depending on delays (Adam related or otherwise).
But it could easily end up being 2 years. I mean, we had to wait 3 years for Kingdom Death the first time.

What do you guys think 1.4 will change besides the new Survival of the Fittest?
Is there a chance they would also update existing expansions?
Personally I am hoping for a Hardcover Core Rule Book.

You can download some of the changed cards on the KD website.
There is a new version of the Lantarn Hoard (your starting building so to speak) and an update to one of the cards for the Butcher (probably to make it less insane).

Beyond that I wouldn't know what Adam all changed for the rule update, knowing him they're play-testing last minute additions even now.

>it'll probably run a month.
Fuck. I was adamant to skip the kikestarter because I won't be able to spare the money (without digging into my iron reserve), but if it runs past my December paycheck, I actually might.

Going with the kickstarter you will save some money anyway compared to retail, so why not?

poorfags who can't afford the releases and have to save up or want it for free

As opposed to social outcasts without families to feed, that buy without consideration? Nice way of outing yourself, user.

I fucking love it, please post it on the workshop when you're done.

>status: Clearance Delay
I has enough of this shit fuck you, i don't want to deal with some chink or indian on the phone who can't even speak english properly

Well, the whole idea of iron reserve is that you don't touch it for frivolous shit no matter how good the deal it would be. And I'm out of disposable money after buying a cellar room couple weeks ago for workshop or shrine.

The Dead Monster Terrain overrides any turn order changes set by the hunt phase right? Because the monster is dicking around molesting the corpse the survivors get free reign in starting the fight and the monster loses its first attack.
I just had all 4 survivors hang on during the living stone hunt event, so they were supposed to join the showdown board turn 2, but with dead monster this doesn't really make much sense.
I've had the dead monster terrain card override a monster ambushing me before, which was lucky.

From the FAQ:

>Certain results of this hunt event do not function as written, or at the very least need a little bit of clarity. We are sorry.

>Survivors that gain results 5-8 or 9+ are placed on the showdown board when the result specifies, along a single board edge of the players' choice.

>If all survivors hold on, they skip the rest of the hunt phase.

>If all survivors hold on and roll 5-8, the monster spends a round on the showdown board by itself.

>If some survivors fall off and others hold on and roll to ambush the monster, all survivors ambush the monster. (The survivors that hold on still get set up on a board edge).

Also regarding being ambushed with Dead Monster:
>Effectively, the two rules cancel each other out. The monster skips its first turn and the survivors skip their first turn.

I'd read the FAQ for living stone, but hadn't seen the bit about being ambushed with dead monster drawn. If dead monster doesn't just override anything from the hunt phase then the answer in my case would have been the monster dicks about turn 1 and my survivors arrive on the edge of the board turn 2.

Is it worth it to pledge just for the base game and then wait until the KS is over?

Will I still get the benefits from reached stretch goals for those who pledged enough?