THE BEHEADING!

So the Beast series finally ended....and what I ride it was.

The series was fun and very informative. It showed us how the organization of the Imperium came to be and how were their ties formed. It even revealed some interesting stuff about the lore.

-Grey Knights > Custodes in abilities. The Silver Boyz are more elite than the Golden Boyz. Also more confirmation that Grey Knights have the Emprah geneseed. Janus made an appearance but sadly they din't reveal much about him

-The Eversor brainwash can be resisted and overcome. It's the only reason that the Grand Master was defeated in the end

-The Cabal are gone. Presumably after their failed plot to have human destroy itself alongside Chaos. Eldrad might have been a member of the group that went rogue. The Cabal manipulated the Eldar into doing their bidding. They didn't give a damn about them.

-There is no escape from Chaos even if you leave the galaxy. Chaos will hunt you down or you will Chaos already there waiting for you. The Warp knows no time or space, void between galaxies is not a limit to them

-After the death of the Beast, the Great Roar started to quiet down. Gork and Mork stopped fighting out of exhaustion. However, a new name echoes through the Warp prmosing the rise of a new Beast "Mag Uruk Thraka". Also it's said that the Orks have some sort of original purpose. What is it exactly?

-For now, the fate the Eldar and humanity becomes one. To survive, the Eldar must support mankind while hoping new races will evolve to add further hope

So what do you think of all this new information, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/shwvh3gycq7uf5s/Hello_darkness_my_old_friend.mobi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>There is no escape from Chaos even if you leave the galaxy.
Explain.

And here is the epilogue of the novel and the whole series.

>Also it's said that the Orks have some sort of original purpose. What is it exactly?

Like the Eldar, they were a warrior race designed by the Old Ones to fight against the Necrons. They've just run completely and utterly out of control at this point.

>Orks original purpose
They're the Guardians of the Galaxy, user. Oldcron lore had them as one of the last species created by the Old Ones. Perfect for fighting Necrons due to not being afraid of death or giving in to despair easily, having innate psychic abilities and adapting to a wide variety of tech. Also, they're a solid counter to the Tyranids. They have enough of an inherent inclination towards fighting each other that they'll never dominate the galaxy and wipe out all life, but will curb the excesses of other galactic empires, ensuring the survival of as many species as possible.

Even if you left the galaxy and settled in another galaxy, Chaos will follow your ass or Chaos would be already be there to welcome you.

You cannot run from Chaos. It's a fight or die situation.

>-The Cabal are gone

I hope this isn't true.
I mean I'm sure it's written but killing a secret organization is one of those things you can undo without actually touching the canon.

I'm still hopeful that the cabal is the hand of the Old Ones acting outside of the galaxy to try and bring order onto their dominion while they recoup.

Would that mean there are Chaos cults in other galaxies? Or have the Tyranids eaten everything already?

That seems more like a speculation than a confirmation.

Though the idea that you would bring the taint of chaos with you seems reasonable I guess.

It's been stated before that it works that way but it's good to get more refferences not from the demon codex.

Makes Nids 12 galaxies thing more scary for chaosfags.

It means that Chaos is universal and really far reaching. It has or can have presence in other galaxies.

The Nids consumed only 12 galaxies on their way to the 40K galaxy. Hmmm....maybe the enemy the Tyranids are speculated to be running from is...Chaos?

>Makes Nids 12 galaxies thing more scary for chaosfags.

Not really.

The CSM codex mentions a legend about the infighting of the Chaos Gods led to destruction of most of the physical universe.

Also the Ultramarine series has Uriel seeing a vision of an alien galaxy being consumed by Khorne.

>speculation

Hey, the Eldar would know more about the Warp and Chaos than anyone save the Emprah.

>maybe the enemy the Tyranids are speculated to be running from is...Chaos?

This speculation does not exist outside of one Imperial adept listing it as one of many throw-away possibilities. End this meme.

>Not really.
Yes really as it means they've 'won' in at least those 12 galaxies against chaos. That or Elrad is wrong and the Gods never showed there.

Maybe? I mean my theory about the Nids is that they're basically a "scorched earth" policy for the Old ones. Pretty much if they eat all the things powering them then they would "die".

Then the Old ones that may be in hiding will come out and start everything over. But they may also be dead and the Nids are just eating everything because it's what they were programmed to do and the Old Ones have never heard of an off switch.

Of course there's probably about 700 canon facts that contradict this theory.

Actually, it's not from an in-verse person. It's the omniscient narrator stating the possibilities behind the purpose of the Tyranid journey. It's a quote that gets ported over from codex to codex. Given what we know now, there might be some credence to it.

Not a Chaosfag, but keep in mind that Chaos grows in strength when fed by strong emotions. It's entirely possible that Chaos exists in other galaxies, but is much weaker and finds it harder to influence the material worlds.

We don't know the circumstances of those galaxies so we cannot judge on anything.

Could there be humans in other galaxies? The Dark Age of Technology had all kinds of super cool stuff, I don't think it's beyond possibility that they tried to get to another Galaxy.

>but keep in mind that Chaos grows in strength when fed by strong emotions.
>but is much weaker and finds it harder to influence the material worlds.

See >Time and Space mean nothing in the Othersea
So they'd be exactly as strong in another universe as in Milky way according to that.

Who knows at this point it's interesting fluff. Taht was just my first thought

No confirmations of humans outside the galaxy.

However, when the Silent King travelled outside the galaxy. He saw many alien unspeakable horrors that the Necrontyr language cannot even put into word or description. He saw that the Tyranids were the most threatening of these extragalactic threats to the galaxy and the Necron race revival.

So this basically confirms that there are other life, other than nids, outside the galaxy, but they aren't pretty or friendly.

>So they'd be exactly as strong in another universe as in Milky way according to that.

Not really.

They are as strong as they are now in the galaxy because the walls of reality are becoming thinner and thinner to increased psychic activity in the galaxy and the numerous warpapocylses.

The Chaos Gods have limited power in real space and require mortal races and servants to open the way and expand their power there.

The distance of such a trip back then would of been infeasible.

>while hoping new races will evolve to add further hope

The Tau are the key to all of this.

If what you're saying is true why wouldnt they be safe travelling to another galaxy then?

The Eldar are psychics. They still feed Chaos. They will be safe for a time but eventually Chaos will find a way to breakthrough and attack them.

A race like the Necrons or Tau leaving for another galaxy would logical be safe

The Chaos Gods can still influence normal mortals so there's no reason that cultist couldnt exist in other galaxies if this was the case.

This fluff effects a lot of things trying to figure it all out now would take awhile. The Silent King for one, perhaps if he hadnt ran into the Nids he might have come back to focus on Chaos say.

>normal mortals

Mortals with psychic potential.

Daemons and Chaos in general have a difficult time perceiving the existence of the Tau. Compared to human souls which are like a torch in the warp, the Tau are tiny fleeting sparks.
As for the Necrons? Chaos is all but blind to them.

So it all depends on what kind of life evolved in those galaxies.

Reread the selection.

The Eldar would bring their demons with them.

It's a doom they are tied to and cannot escape it. Like a haunting.

An ork could probably travel to another galaxy and never see signs of 'spiky boyz' but the Eldar's doom will follow them ere the stars fall from the heavens.

"Beast Series (Final book) : The Beheading"

mediafire.com/file/shwvh3gycq7uf5s/Hello_darkness_my_old_friend.mobi

>tfw gw will never let the tau conquer the galaxy

>I have followed the myriad potential futures of the Tau with great interest. Though barely even striplings compared to us, I feel a strange protectiveness towards them. In time I believe they will exceed even our greatest feats and master the darkness within their souls.

-Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé Craftworld

>Mortals with psychic potential.
>perceiving the existence of the Tau. Compared to human souls which are like a torch in the warp
Souls and psychic potential are not the same thing.

>As for the Necrons? Chaos is all but blind to them.
Nids avoid awakened Necrons as well but SK is after bodies remember.

>So it all depends on what kind of life evolved in those galaxies.
Thinking on it I think there's a source about Nids meeting demons for the first time during 40k. That would at least mean no Chaos influence in the 12 nids galaxies. hopefully someone else can source that or tell me I'm wrong.

That perhaps would be a better interpretation.

Thank you annon.

>Souls and psychic potential are not the same thing.

They are the same thing. The bigger the soul, the stronger the psychic potential.

>Nids avoid awakened Necrons as well but SK is after bodies remember.

I don't see how that it relevant. By the way, Necrons have little understanding on how warp works.

>Thinking on it I think there's a source about Nids meeting demons for the first time during 40k.

There isn't. Anons with their idiocy think that Shadowbrink is the first time Chaos and Tyranids fought because the Hivemind acted surprised and bewildered by the sudden attack of daemons.

What the fail to see is that Shadowbrink happened in 999 41K, the dead end of the timeline. Before that date and event, Tyranids have many dozens examples of them fighting Chaos mortals and daemons. Heck, a year before Shadowbrink, THE SAME HIVE FLEET found itself attacking a daemon world by mistake.

What Shadowbrink confirms is that the Hivemind has memory issues. It cannot store information reliably even if it's in a short span.

>The bigger the soul, the stronger the psychic potential.
Got a source on that?

The main rulebook.

Humans souls are a torch in the Warp.
psykers are blazing furnaces.
The Emperor's is a towering raging inferno.

>That or Elrad is wrong and the Gods never showed there.

That Chaos can show up doesn't mean it will show up.
Chaos only begins to greatly manifest when the barrier between the universe and the warp wears thin. It's very thin in the milky way because of all the psykers and war and shit.

Interdasting. Why would being a psyker increase the size of your soul? I thought that the reflection in the warp had to do with psychic potential not souls. Guess I'm worng.

>-Grey Knights > Custodes
>-There is no escape from Chaos even if you leave the galaxy. Chaos will hunt you down or you will Chaos already there waiting for you. The Warp knows no time or space, void between galaxies is not a limit to them

Just like I've been saying all along.
Damn, feels good to be vindicated.

So, Veeky Forums, how would you rate this series?

What was good, what was bad, what was fanfic-tier?

>Why would being a psyker increase the size of your soul?

Because you've got more power.

>fanfic-tier
Obviously. Doesnt mean it wasnt entertaining however.

Very good. If one wants to learn more about the setting, this series should be a recommendation.

>The most vulnerable portals linking the Immaterium with the material galaxy are human psykers. A psyker’s mind registers visibly in the Warp, and by using his powers, a psyker opens up a bridge between reality and that uncanny realm, a path that a Daemon can follow back to the psyker himself, and into realspace.
I can only find this in the ruleook, but I'm fucking tired so if you wouldnt mind sourcing the earlier reference.

It doesn't increase the size of your soul, it increases how visible your soul is

The more psychic power you have, the more daemons are attracted to you. But your ability to stop the daemons bursting your head and spilling into reality is increased with the more psychic power you have (unless you choose to let them).

The truly poor bastards are the people who have unawakened or very weak psychic powers, as they get the increased attraction of daemons but they can't force them away as easily.

>It doesn't increase the size of your soul, it increases how visible your soul is
Thats what I thought it was like, he said otherwise.

So that's why one of the "I Win" options of the Imperium is Emps surviving until most humies became psykers?

It means you have a more powerful soul, souls don't actually have a size.

Not just psykers, psykers powerful enough to resist Chaos.
Just plain psykers are bad, as most will succumb to daemons.

In the novel, the two main inquisitor characters raise that issue.

One says that he believes that the Emprah wanted humanity to evolve into psykers and that the Grey Knight represent that hope in what they are.

Then the other Inquisitor reminded him that the Eldar were all psykers an see what happened to them.

The Eldar are not on the tier the Emperor is striving for.

>the Eldar were all psykers an see what happened to them.
They were fine up until the whole Slaanesh thing. It was their weakness for excess that was their downfall.

If they went there would be like no way to contact them.

It'd be nice if humanity was a bit more prevalent and there was still lots of Golden Age of Tech societies out there but out of reach of the Imperium (thankfully).

Wait what did the Grey Knights do? Did they just overpower the Custodes or did some blood get shed.

Custodes have better stats and whatnot, but the Grey Knights have psychic forces that can even the odds and also a more diverse arsenal.

>Custodes have better stats

Game rules != fluff power

>Grey Knights > Custodes in abilities.
You sure that not just because of them being psykers? The Custodes got fucked over pretty hard by the Sons sorcery but thats why they had the SoS backing them up.

No I'm saying even on the table top that grey knights have access to more weapons and psychic powers (as of now). So it makes sense.

Did they really get fucked that much though? Some custodes got thrown off their bikes and others got bathed in flame but we've no idea if they got roasted or killed.

Trading a couple of custode deaths for the near destruction of a legion seems like a good deal.

Anyways just wait till FW Custodes sell like hot cakes and 40k gets sigmarized with 'super spess marines' and Custodes become the new baseline faction with hordes of new units and even sub codexes for variant forces along with lots of wanktastic fluff.

One of the founding members of the Inquisition who was there during the HH and knew Horus personally, talks about it. He is in charge of the Grey Knights and when he says that they were made from the Emprah's genseed, the other Inquisitor responds "Just like the Custodes?". He replies by saying that they are more powerful than the Custodes.

>Did they really get fucked that much though?
Yeah I remember it standing out because Ahriman I think commented on how easily they died then the sisters show up lol.

Two Eldar murder clowns killed dozens of custodes by themselves, user.

>‘They are called the Grey Knights,’ said Veritus. ‘They are a force of warriors without peer, engineered from gene-seed taken from the Emperor Himself a thousand years ago. A last, parting gift from our god before He was taken from us to sit upon His Golden Throne.’

>‘They are Adeptus Custodes then?’ Wienand rubbed her hand along the wood. Whereas the bench in the Sigillite’s Retreat was smooth and dry, the grain of this wood was rough under her touch, the strands of lignin still swollen with moisture. Although dead, it smelt fresh; a sense of life still clung to it.

>‘They are greater than the Adeptus Custodes,’ said Veritus. ‘Each one is a potent psyker. Their strength is in their brotherhood. As the end approached, the Emperor foresaw a need for warriors who could stand against Chaos, incorruptible and mighty, and He made them so, the mightiest warriors beside the primarchs He ever created. For them, the daemon holds no fear. I believe that, in time, the Emperor hoped mankind would realise its psychic potential, avoid the catastrophe that struck the eldar, and end the threat of Chaos forever. In the Grey Knights, I see hope for the future. They are the pinnacle of what we could be.’

>‘The eldar are psychic by nature. From what they have hinted, that sped their destruction. They tell me that we have already fallen. The Dark Age of Technology was our era of might, and even then we could not match their empire of old. They persisted for millions of years, we for mere thousands and now we slowly die.’ She thought of the Sigillite’s Retreat as she said that.

>‘We rose again, and we can rise a third time. They are the spent force, not us,’ said Veritus. ‘We must believe this, or we are doomed. When you see the Grey Knights, you will understand that there is hope.’

-Beast series : The Beheading (final book)

Here here is the text.

>Each one is a potent psyker. Their strength is in their brotherhood.
>I believe that, in time, the Emperor hoped mankind would realise its psychic potential
No wonder Magnus is still mad. Emps dicked him over hard with that shit right there. He wasnt even allowed to use spells after Nikaea. The Edict hadnt even been lifted at the point lol.

He seems a little biased there though as an inquisitor guy who would see certain capacities as more useful like anti demon or psychic abilities. Definitely sound logic in his view but we have no idea the shit the custodes are hiding.

But the custodes DID destroy a bunch of special snowflake psychic marines though and fought a shitload of demons in the webway and at the Siege. Which I don't think said inquisitor considered (but who knows, maybe the whole siege and even the webway war is actually censored so all the horrors and emperor created superweapons have their existence hidden).

>He seems a little biased there though

He was there during the HH and the day the Emperor killed Horus.

He fought alongside the Custodes and Grey Knights. His opinion has some creditability

The Inquisitor is very old and was with the Emperor when he slew Horus.
He knows the capacity of the Custodes very well.

Ahriman is biased.

That's why I mentioned the jet bikes which he made crash with psychic powers. I highly doubt a simple crash would kill the custodes who have the genetic toughness and armor to survive.

And since he did run away in the end, how does he know how many custodes ultimately died when he didn't count the bodies after the battle.

Okay didn't know that this Inquisitor was hot shit too.

Well I guess he might be a bit right, but I'm just saying that we are probably getting more fluff about custode capabilities from the new Emperor Black Library book and also the Prospero forgeworld HH volune coming out too.

And we know that Grey Knight fluff so far has not really shown them as super powerful in general. Maybe Draigo and some other special snowflakes but thats it. The still die a fair bit even to like Space Wolves and stuff.

I feel like the Beast series has been a bit flexible with its power measures but I understand why since the author is covering a ton of events not really covered before and adding new fluff like the clans and prime orks and shit.

>And we know that Grey Knight fluff so far has not really shown them as super powerful in general.

wew lad

>The Eversor brainwash can be resisted and overcome
Man, that's cheap and sucks. It's like every Hollywood movie brainwash that can be fought by protagonist by the force of "love", "good memories", "faith". It's wishy washy bullshit and takes so much from the eversor. Eversor are so terrifingly cool because (in my view) because they are no longer human beings they were before, they are so far that there is no coming back simple because there is nothing to come back to, they are living weapons, they are tools and it is chilling to imagine how a being like that would think (one facet would be great writefaggotry "PRAISE PRAISE").

Having said that, I did not read the thing. How was it done in book?

>How was it done in book?

He was another assassin who rebelled against the grand master and so was converted to an Eversor.

>that third and fourth spoiler
>mfw
Explain more.

>No wonder Magnus is still mad. Emps dicked him over hard with that shit right there. He wasnt even allowed to use spells after Nikaea. The Edict hadnt even been lifted at the point lol.

In my headcannon, Emperor wanted Thousand Sons to be just that, but he had prorities. I believe Nikaea was a way for him to calm everyone down and give him some time. First he wanted to complete Webway (because fast travel would make solving all other problems 100 times easier), then he would go and fix/kill Angron, Curze and Lorgar and then he would go chill with thousand sons and teach them cool stuff.

After minutes of duelling, Thane spotted a weakness in its attacks and brought his sword up, hilt
first, swinging the point up and through the Eversor’s stomach wall and gutting it. Before it died, it
slashed down with its neurogauntlet. Monomolecular blades sliced through ceramite and plasteel, biting
into Thane’s flesh. Toxins surged from micropores all up the blades, pumping into the Chapter Master’s
body.

He roared in agony. He had never felt such pain. He stumbled and fell to his knees, paralysed by the
poison.

When his body had purged the toxins sufficiently for him to move, he looked up, his eyes streaming with
tears. The mist was clearing. He heard a final round of gunfire, a scream, and the clash of power armour
falling to the floor.

A dark shadow fell across Thane’s face. An Eversor stood over him, ready to deliver the final blow.

‘Halt!’ called Vangorich. He walked through the last dispersing tendrils of mist. ‘You have lost, Chapter
Master Thane, and it is your life that is forfeit.’

‘No,’ said the Eversor, and stood back. Trembling with the effort of disobeying its programming, the
killer pulled its skull mask from its face. Yanking cables from its head, it cast the mask aside. Most of the
flesh of the face beneath had been peeled away, replaced with close-fitting augmetic devices. Elsewhere
there was naught but shining, polished bone inscribed with devotional text. But there was just enough of
the features left for Thane to recognise him.

‘Krule!’ he said.

Through a mutilated mouth, Krule managed to speak.

‘My name is Esad Wire,’ he said.

He stood aside, leaving Thane a clear shot at Vangorich.

Thane raised his bolt pistol.

Vangorich’s eyes widened. He held up his hands. ‘Wait! Did you ever hear the story of the end of Konrad
Curze?’

‘No more stories, Drakan,’ said Thane, and ended Vangorich’s life with a single bolter shell.

I think everyone is misreading it.

>‘They are greater than the Adeptus Custodes, each one is a potent psyker. Their strength is in their brotherhood."

He meant that they are greater than the Custodes because they are a brotherhood of uncorruptable psykers that can fight daemons.

What if he saw scramblers? Those shits would be the prefect counter to chaos in the worst possible way

>Nobody acknowledging that Veritus is Kyril Sindermann[/sppiler]

Grey Knight are better than Custodes because they are brotherhood. They fight as one and are psykers.
1 Custodes>1 Grey Knight
10 Custodes

So the Knights are who you want in a standard game, the custodes are who you want for killteam

There's also another passage from the point of view of an Eversor :

>Tybalt the Abolitiate dwelt in darkness. He dreamed no dreams. For him, there were periods of death
with peaceful nothing inbetween.

>The time for peace was over.

>He came awake, activated by the last of his shouted trigger words. Warm liquid flushed around him,
carrying methalon suspension fluid from his casket out of drains at the bottom. His body temperature rose
quickly. He flexed his hand. The neurogauntlet’s five claws ticked on glass. He reached for his thigh
where his executioner pistol was holstered and drew it.

>His casket was at an angle. Light from its regulating machinery bathed his skull-masked face,
supplementing the weak lumen-glow admitted by a gash in a metal surface where a triangle of plasteel had
been peeled back. His casket was in a cylinder. He heard shouting, smelled blood, sensed the deadly
prickle of radium ammunition.

>Under his death’s head rictus, Tybalt grinned.

>Insanity was the logical end result of a life like Tybalt’s, frenetic violence followed by enforced
suspension. A normal man would not have survived long, but Tybalt was far from normal. It was not that
his brain had been altered, or his body packed with implanted technology; what suited him to his role was
not what had been done to him, but what he was. When Tybalt was born the sense of empathy human felt
for fellow human was missing. Tybalt cared only for the suffering of others, not their tears or their stories.
No smile could move him, only terror.

>Tybalt had been born to kill. It was a trait the Assassinorum was only too glad to exploit.

>‘Wait! Did you ever hear the story of the end of Konrad Curze?’

haha what kind of ploy is this?

WhIle I like the knights I have to ask, if they are so incorruptable, why did they need the blood of sisters of battle that one time? Or are we just brushing that off as bad writing

Roaring like an animal, he drew back his gauntlet and thrust it forwards. The distance his fist travelled
was minimal; the glass shattered anyway, destroyed by a combination of enhanced strength and carefully
inculcated skill. Ripping and rending, he sliced the frame of his casket away, leaving its machines to die
smoking. Shearing through the metal of the empty methalon cylinder, Tybalt climbed howling into the fray.

His emergence brought a moment of silence. A clade of elite skitarii gathered at each end of an aisle
lined by cylinders. Haast was crammed in between two of the storage units. Bodies of cybernetic
warriors that had strayed too close lay broken on either approach.

The targeting unit on Tybalt’s backpack rose up, its glassy eye taking in a 270-degree view of his
surroundings and swivelling about to complete the picture. A miniature cogitator in the backpack
calculated all attack vectors, ranking the opposing Martians in order of threat. Targeting reticules danced
all over the faceplate screen of his skull helm. Combat stimulants pumped into his system in massive
quantities, elevating his metabolism and mind to superhuman heights. The battle took a microsecond to
observe, evaluate and process.

‘Eversor!’ said one of the skitarii. Their rifles opened fire again. Tybalt ran. He was fast, the low gravity
of Mars made him faster. An inhumanly high leap sent him crashing among the cyborgs.

With his neurogauntlet flashing, Tybalt set about his deadly work.

>why did they need the blood of sisters of battle that one time?

Extra protection. They are always paranoid about corruption. Which explains the Sword of Anwar thing or whatever. You know, the super daemon sword that one Grey Knight must keep at all time.

So with this wrapped up, what other eras of 40k history do you think should be fluffed out? I'd like to see the Reign of Blood written up. Goge Vandire, the formation of the sororitas, Sebastian Thor. I think it'd be a pretty good read.

I want ADB to get off his ass and finish the Black Legion series already!

>if they are so incorruptable, why did they need the blood of sisters of battle that one time?

To ensure they weren't corrupted.
They are always careful and will take any precautions that they can.

Thank you very much, kind user. Sadly I see that there is little in a way of eversor murderous, psychopatic yet aimes insanity.

Also at the very least breaking of programing should've been monumental thing in narrative.

Maybe we will know what really happened in emperor's throne room.

"LOL bro you're killing me to prove my point just like curze XD"

I just leave it here.

If I had one complaint, it's that Vangorich going cuckoo is completely off-screened.

We jump from the Fists Exemplar being completely dissolved for falling to Chaos (because Zerberyn a shit) to Wienand finding the Gk, and then suddenly to Thane showing up to end the party one whole century late, where we learn that Vangorich has been nuts for 2 decades.

Where's the buildup?

Holy shit thanks

I don't know why they tacked the beheading onto the series anyway.

>We jump from the Fists Exemplar being completely dissolved for falling to Chaos (because Zerberyn a shit)
What?

Remember that bloke that was chilling with the Iron Warriors?

When the Black Templars come to murder the traitors to death, he intervenes on behalf of his new buddies and helps them kill the Black Templars, and his men join the IW as a Chaos warband.

A few that disagree make it back to Thane to tell him of their betrayal, and he gets so pissed that the Fists Exemplar were the first space marines to turn traitor since the Heresy that he orders the survivors to be integrated into the Fists and all records of the Fists Exemplar to be expunged.

It's implied that one of the reasons he went nuts was because Wienand didn't love him back.

That's stupid. Really stupid.

welcome to modern 40k lore

Is Mr. Bones trying to make us suffer by writing horrible new lore, or is he unaffiliated with this? Because this is feeling like the Wild Ride.